New 'THIS IS IT' Concert Details....

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
2r2x7k0.jpg

Photo: TVT
Kenny Ortega and Michael Jackson.

While at The Joint ribbon-cutting ceremony in the Hard Rock Hotel on Tuesday, I took the opportunity to talk with AEG Live/Concerts West President John Meglen about AEG’s concert-run plans with King of Pop Michael Jackson at their 02 Arena in London starting July 8.

John told me: “Michael is at the very beginning stage with Kenny Ortega, who is creating the staging. They are finishing up with the musical director and starting to talk about what musicians they want. Michael is working on a lot of dance stuff at home. The work at the studio right now is more about planning meetings: the initial stages of production, then the rehearsals, all get going in L.A.

“Once everybody is set, we will ship everything to London in the beginning of June and continue over there. It’s not far out now, just six weeks. It comes up fast. It seemed much farther away, but July 8 is now right around the corner.

“There will be special effects, explosions and definitely magic. I can’t say who he’s worked with. Michael and Kenny came here to Vegas. They went to Le Reve at the Wynn, and Kenny went to see the Criss Angel show. There will definitely be magical elements in the show.”

I learned that Michael would perform from an end stage and not in the round as Prince did at the 02 Arena. John, who will be attending the premiere of Peepshow on Saturday at Planet Hollywood and returns here for his Britney Spears tour stop at the MGM Grand on April 25, added: “We are very fortunate as the economy is not impacting our tours and ticket sales.

“It’s holding very nicely at the high end, and even with Bette Midler now doing 100 shows a year at the Caesars Palace Colosseum, we rarely dip below 80 percent occupancy, and that’s just great!”

Robin Leach has been a journalist for more than 50 years and has spent the past decade giving readers the inside scoop on Las Vegas, the world’s premier platinum playground.

http://www.vegasdeluxe.com/blogs/lu...l-jackson-plans-london-concert-run-special-e/

Last edited:
Re: New concert details....

Michael would perform from an end stage and not in the round as Prince did at the 02 Arena

Is that a good thing?
thank you for the news! too right 6 weeks ISN'T far away one bit :)
I'm getting more and more EXCITED! AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT!
my birthday on Sunday too!
but my real birthday is 26th July 2009 :D when i see MJ :)

yes, so happy for an end stage! ooooooo i cant wait!!

^^I know right!!

woahhhh this makes me excited!!!!
so it's probably true then that david copperfield is participating with some sort of magic in the show..NOT HIM but his effects haha

would be nice if he did some in the round. change it up a bit. his stage set is always the same

Nice it's a end stage!

Like ha has alwayd done! - Greatness!

So...not really anything new. Was hoping for something more specific like at least a mention of a song or two he's doing, or something more than where the stage is set.

So...not really anything new. Was hoping for something more specific like at least a mention of a song or two he's doing, or something more than where the stage is set.

High expectations considering how tight lipped MJ is about his projects.

Mj is old-school so i wasnt expecting a round stage...im happy he is sticking with the end stage...i want a vintage Mj show.

Rehearsals haven't even started? That's kind of a surprise to me.

would be nice if he did some in the round. change it up a bit. his stage set is always the same

whats so special about a round stage lol? besides seein the back of his head 4 half the show,which wud be very annoying lol

It was already a given that it will be an end stage being that the floor seats were sold!

It will be AWESOME!!!!! :) Jees, I really can't wait anymore!

Meglen also said that the stage for the 'This Is It' shows will be set up as an end stage and not in the round configuration as Prince did at the 02 Arena.

^^what does that mean? Doesn't it look like on the map anymore? I saw a TT concert on TV yesterday (from 2008) and the seats (and the stage) were exactly arranged as I saw it on the map for the MJ concerts. They didn't change that, huh?

OMG I am dying with excitement everytime I read something like this! I can't believe this is actually happening!!

will MJ dance, on the stage, in the rounnnddd?

Back