News from sony!!!! What ive been told at the sony headquarter...

It is disappointing indeed. There are so many incredible pictures from the 2ng leg of the BAD Tour, I would really love to see a concert from that tour. And like you said, he was at his peak in terms of live performance.

wembley ;)

i go to kiis fm a lot and see apom from the bad tour. if ur not picky about quality, u can see songs performed from that tour, just about anywhere online. it looks great quality to me.

^APOM on Vision is divine quality. You can see every drop of sweat on Michael. Really lovely. It made me hope for the entire concert in the same amazing quality.

^APOM on Vision is divine quality. You can see every drop of sweat on Michael. Really lovely. It made me hope for the entire concert in the same amazing quality.

I agree....the quality is great on APOM..I, too, hope we'll see the entire thing one day !

So they paid $250 million for "not much material"??
What did they pay all that money for, didn't they get a lot
of unreleased songs from that deal?

The estate owns everything of Michael's. Not sony from what I am reading here right? Michael was a smart man. There are lots of valuable treasures like the Bad tour and the estate must know that. I would rather have the estate decide what get released not sony.

Originally Posted by brunomj
from Sony its not coming for sure, cause they said to me its not commercially rentable.

double-facepalm.jpg

Priceless!!! :toofunny: :toofunny:

In my opinion, Sony not releasing more MJ material is good news. The Estate having the wisdom to choose another partner to distribute MJ's music would be way better news indeed.

Just think the million angry posts and conspiracy posts and issues we would save ourselves!!!! :wild:

I hope Sony will not be their next choice. Just for the mental and emotional health of the whole MJ fan base -_-

Four more Jackson albums possible
Teddy Riley thinks there is enough archive Michael Jackson material to make "at least three or four" more albums.

The iconic record producer has been working his magic on various R&B, hip-hop and pop albums since the 80s, collaborating with acts ranging from SWV and Blackstreet to Lady Gaga.
Teddy is proud of the record, and thinks there is enough material for Michael's legacy to continue for years to come.

"I think he has that many songs," explained Teddy, though he claimed a "good architect" such as himself would be required to work on it.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/4448967/Four-more-Jackson-albums-possible

I'm finding it hard to believe that there aren't many unreleased songs left. I would have thought there would have been loads left.

absolutely gutting about the Bad Tour DVD :(, it will never get released

Rest assured - it will ALL be released in due time. AND this is good news overall. Like many have stated, the estate owns most of this material (and there are tons) and they have control not Sony. The estate has to be smart about releasing material to last for decades. So, the deal with Sony will only have enough material to cover their distribution contract until 2017 and then the estate will negotiate another contract with whoever. But we will be listening or watching Michael's magic for decades to come, IMHO. :D

IMO

well, i think the biggest point of the $250mil is the UNRELEASED MUSIC, not the tour footage thing...

but why 3 or 4 albums? (thats not even like 100 songs, could be 40-50)

It's actually quite nice to hear about the control Michael still has on his music.

I am with you on that one. I wonder if the estate is saving some of the songs for when the kids take control? I wonder if Michael stipulated what could be released before the kids took control?

I am with you on that one. I wonder if the estate is saving some of the songs for when the kids take control? I wonder if Michael stipulated what could be released before the kids took control?

probably not. Generally speaking albums released soon after the artists death sell the most.

Sony would not pay $250 million for 10 songs and re-releases.

True. this is what the deal entailed...

$250,000,000 straight to Michael's estate for the following:

1. An extension of distribution rights from late 2010 (when the rights were to end) to December 2015 (Extended to 2017)

2. Permission to release 10 albums over the next 7 years

3. The Estate to control the content of all material released

4. Sony to receive 70% royalties for the work released

5. 4 of the albums are to be re-releases with a bonus disk of unreleased material (Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad and Dangerous)

We have now 5 new albums to come, and 4 re-releases, so with this there will be either 1 or 2 albums released every year from now until December 2017

^^^

But Thriller had already released, Thriller 25 and Off The Wall is too late.
so i'll guess itll be Bad, Dangerous, HIStory and Invincible( DARKCHILD!!!)

Hey IVY, I read somewhere that Sony sold the rest of the TII rehearsal footage to Cirque du Soleil. Is this true? And why?

To be honest I will be disappointed with anything else than Bad Tour!

That was when he was on his peak as far as live performances concerned! He sang live, he was great!

disapointed with anything else than bad tour???? what about Victory Tour???? Triumph Tour???? of course Bad Tour is the Bad Tour ( not the 1987 leg--- the best is from 1988 to 1989) but Victory Tour is great tour, and i wouldnt mind to see others Dangerous Tour concerts released, they are all so different...

So they paid $250 million for "not much material"??
What did they pay all that money for, didn't they get a lot
of unreleased songs from that deal?

They paid for distribution rights, not for the actual material themselves, which makes the $ amount of that deal even MORE epic than it already is. :)

Right. I wouldn't mind seeing another release of the Dangerous tour but if possible, maybe the tour from somewhere other than Bucharest. I saw an amateur video not so long ago of Dangerous Live on the Dangerous Tour. The early dance routine is sooo different to what he did during HIStory and other live performances of it. Would love to see HIStory finally released on DVD/Blu-Ray & obviously would love BAD too.

I'm just still finding it hard to believe that they don't have much MJ material left. & by not much, I wonder how many they actually mean. :/

thankyou :yes:i did not know there is going to be two versions :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Whatever Sony gets as far as unreleased material, will come from the Estate. MJ's got hundreds and hundreds of stuff locked up that is in control with the Estate. We'll be getting stuff for decades to come.

I want to know how Sony and the Estate will deal with Howard Mann and his so-called possessions of MJs songs (demos and unreleased tracks) and other stuff of private collection of the jacksons...

^ It's coming to DVD. I can assure you that.

And contrary to what was said here, there are literally dozens of songs in the vault that will trickle out over the coming years.

Thanks Smooth, I'd rather hear that than what bruno said.

I want to know how Sony and the Estate will deal with Howard Mann and his so-called possessions of MJs songs (demos and unreleased tracks) and other stuff of private collection of the jacksons...

It would seem that Sony and the estate are going to have to get over it... like it or not, mann is on solid ground legally, (ethically it's a whole different thing)

It's difficult to see on what grounds the estate could object.

Posession was awarded to vacarro in a 'judgement with prejudice', effectively meaning MJ and jacksons forfeited all rights to those items and are denied any possibility of further court action re those arguments. The estate (as MJ's representative) will be constrained by that judgement, however Sony could sue the estate should material 'legitimately' be released by mann that also falls under sony's contractual remit.

Last edited:
they should release a real special box-set of unreleased songs , and maybe a dvd with it like bad tour ..

could be like ultimate collection , but just demos and unreleased stuff , the way HE left it...

not saying release everything , but maybe 20-30 songs , and a dvd .

could be called something like "hidden gold" or "lost and found" etc....

2. Permission to release 10 albums over the next 7 years
I understand it is 10 projects, not 10 albums. TII album being one of those, for instance, right? :unsure:

I hope so.
Did you read this yesterday?

"This is effectively a satellite estate. Its value is unfathomable," Mann said.

[...]

Asked to explain, the estate's lawyer, Howard Weitzman, said of Mann: "His day is coming. The estate will be taking appropriate legal action."

Source: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-ca-michael-jackson-20101212,0,2867570.story?page=1

It is a very good article that explains the legal backgroud of this deal and how Katherine Jackson enjoys working with man and how good and nice he has been to them.

After buying Vintage Pop, Mann approached Katherine Jackson to seek the family approval he felt was necessary before trying to sell merchandise to fans. He said he told her that he could provide regular cash payments with more ease than the estate, which was encumbered by her son's debt. He also told her that a British tabloid was offering him "seven figures" for a "particular item" from the memorabilia locker. Mann declined to identify the item or the publication but said it was clear the paper's goal was to smear Jackson's memory.

At the family's request, he destroyed the item and returned a box of other personal items to the family.

"He was nice enough to come to me with those things and I really appreciated what he did," Katherine Jackson recalled.

:mello:

Back