No songs from Will.I.Am - "I’m not gonna release it"

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
You also worked on the recent remake of “We Are the World.” What did you think you could bring to that to make it connect to the 21st Century?

I didn’t produce that—I just added some new lyrics to it. That song is timeless, it will always be relevant. But if you’re going to benefit Haiti, I wanted to add lyrics that would represent what is actually happening there. I came from a perspective [of] what would Michael [Jackson] have said—not sung, cause I can’t sing like him—but what would he have been proud to acknowledge in a piece of art. My part got edited, altered a bit, but it still kept the essence of what I was trying to say.

I know you recorded some material with Jackson when he was alive. Will the public ever get to hear that? Will it get released from the vaults?

I’m not gonna release it.

Why don’t want the public to hear it?

I don’t think it’s fair to release unfinished material to capitalize on him passing. It’s not right. We didn’t put it out when he was alive so why should we put it out now that he’s gone?

How many songs did you do with him?

We wrote about six songs.

Full interview - http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010...is-new-tour-michael-jackson-and-barack-obama/

Last edited:
Re: No songs from Willl.I.Am - "I’m not gonna release it"

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

high fives to W.ILL , someone who actaully respects Michael for once, and just like us is still in shock at losing Michael

Re: No songs from Willl.I.Am - "I’m not gonna release it"

well, he could release them for charity... in this case it won't be capitalizing....

so many musicians have unreleased Michael's songs and all of them are saying they are not going to release them. It's very upsetting. Michael's unfinished songs are better than most of other people's songs that are being played on the radio these days... *sigh*

Re: No songs from Will.I.Am - "I’m not gonna release it"

I understand his decision. Michael was a perfectionist. I don't know if he would want unfinished material out there. He would want something finished and he felt was good.

Thank you Will I Am :flowers:

It would be wrong to do so without Michaels consent

It would be wrong to do so without Michaels consent
The record companies don't care about that. Look at all of the unreleased material released after the deaths of Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, Elvis Presley, Tupac, Johnny Cash, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Marvin Gaye, and many others.

:( mixed feelings... actually not so mixed. It's really sad to never get to hear what he had been working on. Aren't creations meant to be shared instead of locked away? Isn't that part of what gives it it's beauty? I suppose someone can make something for God, or for themselves. Oh well. I suppose Will.I.Am is doing the right thing and if he felt it was capitalizing on MJ's death to release the music, then it would be wrong to release it. I just saw it differently. It seemed selfish to keep it to one's self...but maybe those songs were never meant to be released. I guess I'm being selfish by wanting to hear them...but I still wish I could. I don't know... Maybe he could have kept it quiet how many songs they had worked on if he is never going to share. Feels like a kid telling everyone he has 6 chocolate bars but isn't going to share them. Or telling people he has a box full of little bunnies, but no one is allowed to see them because they shouldn't be touched.. well then don't tell us about them cause of course we will just want to see the bunnies and pet them. (weird analogy? lol )

ok gotta edit... cause I love Will.I.Am. and I can see he doesn't mean to do what I just said. He's not meaning to wave it in our faces and then snatch it away, it's just the effect it had.

Last edited:
.. being unfinished doesnt mean that the songs can not be edited and released.

There are so many leaked song that could be released officially.

Its better to release them than let them be leaked.... unofficially.
Many fans would appreciate an album of unreleased tracks... officially released.

I understand his decision. Michael was a perfectionist. I don't know if he would want unfinished material out there. He would want something finished and he felt was good.

EXACTLY!:clapping:

And that has been my concern about other tracks that MJ might've done that were incomplete. The people in charge need to keep what Michael wanted in mind and not just release any and everything they please just to make money!

Will I Am spoke the truth!

wow...I have a new respect for Will I Am......I am so proud of him....finally someone who realizes that Michael was not just a cash cow......I would love to here what they were working on..but...I know Michael would never want us to hear anything from him that was not perfection.

He doesn't have to be seen as cashing in - do it for charity like RedOne.

I don’t think it’s fair to release unfinished material to capitalize on him passing. It’s not right. We didn’t put it out when he was alive so why should we put it out now that he’s gone?

But...but weren't they going to eventually finish the songs and release them? I don't understand why he's holding on to them. :no: I also agree they could be released for charity.

I agree with Will.I.Am. If all the songs are unfinished, should not be released. I liked his attitude, if it were another person who was with ulterior motives and interests ($$$$$), independent of anything, he would release these songs. But he will not do so out of respect for Michael.

I have to disagree with Will. I think the best way to honor Michael is to release an album of music that he worked on the past few years, be it unfinished or completed...
They do not have to market the songs as "finished" material. I know that most of the stuff he did after the trial probably doesn't have complete backgroud vocals, so let it stay this way. Michael didn't mind Fall Again being released, he wouldn't mind his last piece of art being released after his passing.

I'm not happy with the fact we won't get to hear these tracks in the near future, I've been really looking forward to hearing them for the last 4 years. I wanted to hear this stuff they did together most. I don't want his last album to be only Invincible part two - in terms of tracks coming only from the Vince sessions... I'm sure it would be great, but not what it should be.

Imagine the new album was this:

Track One
Track Two
Track Three (unfinished)
Track Four (demo)
Track Five
Track Six (unfinished)
Track Seven
Track Eight (demo)
Track Nine (demo)
Track Ten (instrumental)
Track Eleven (unfinished)
Track Twelve
Track Thirteen

All tracks compiled from Michael Jackson's recording sessions 1998-2009.

Would you mind it? I wouldn't at all. I think this is the only way to release a new album that could be marketed as a real album and make it actually work. It would still give MJ the chance of having 2-3 singles and a successful release. And it would give music lovers an idea of what his direction (in terms of music) was in the last years of his life.

I respect his decision but to be frank... I'm heartbroken by what Will said.

I have to disagree with Will. I think the best way to honor Michael is to release an album of music that he worked on the past few years, be it unfinished or completed...
They do not have to market the songs as "finished" material. I know that most of the stuff he did after the trial probably doesn't have complete backgroud vocals, so let it stay this way. Michael didn't mind Fall Again being released, he wouldn't mind his last piece of art being released after his passing.

I'm not happy with the fact we won't get to hear these tracks in the near future, I've been really looking forward to hearing them for the last 4 years. I wanted to hear this stuff they did together most. I don't want his last album to be only Invincible part two - in terms of tracks coming only from the Vince sessions... I'm sure it would be great, but not what it should be.

Imagine the new album was this:

Track One
Track Two
Track Three (unfinished)
Track Four (demo)
Track Five
Track Six (unfinished)
Track Seven
Track Eight (demo)
Track Nine (demo)
Track Ten (instrumental)
Track Eleven (unfinished)
Track Twelve
Track Thirteen

All tracks compiled from Michael Jackson's recording sessions 1998-2009.

Would you mind it? I wouldn't at all. I think this is the only way to release a new album that could be marketed as a real album and make it actually work. It would still give MJ the chance of having 2-3 singles and a successful release. And it would give music lovers an idea of what his direction (in terms of music) was in the last years of his life.

I respect his decision but to be frank... I'm heartbroken by what Will said.

Michael being the perfectionist that he was would NOT want unfinished or what he deemed inadequate tracks to be released to the public period! and that should be respected, it can't always be about what fans 'want'!

Michael being the perfectionist that he was would NOT want unfinished or what he deemed inadequate tracks to be released to the public period! and that should be respected, it can't always be about what fans 'want'!
well said!:clapping:

we already have so much stuff from Michael, we should be happy about those :)

Yet he never imagined he would die before he does anything new in the industry again. Unreleased music is always released after musicians pass away, a new album is coming out sooner or later, it will be MJs last album and it has to be as good as possible. He did release unfinished tracks before he died and I'm sure that the people he appointed to take care of his legacy will do what he would do - release the best product possible compiled from the material they have. There is no way to bring him back to finish the music, he was a perfectionist - I agree. So it has to, and will, be done with perfectionism, taking into account the circumstances. And sadly the album probably won't include any music done with Will.I.Am and it's a shame.

It's like saying that the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus shoudn't come out because Heath passed away and completed around 70% of his role. It was still an extraordinary movie and HL would have wanted it to come out. Same thing with MJ. He worked on the music when he was alive, completed some of it, some of it he didn't, so it's more than likely he wanted to release it. It's a pity some of it's unfinished but he can't help it and nobody can.

Last edited:

Yet he never imagined he would die before he does anything new in the industry again. Unreleased music is always released after musicians pass away, a new album is coming out sooner or later, it will be MJs last album and it has to be as good as possible. He did release unfinished tracks before he died and I'm sure that the people he appointed to take care of his legacy will do what he would do - release the best product possible compiled from the material they have. There is no way to bring him back to finish the music, he was a perfectionist - I agree. So it has to, and will, be done with perfectionism, taking into account the circumstances. And sadly the album probably won't include any music done with Will.I.Am and it's a shame.

I totally agree with you man,

Michael was a perfectionist, he would never release something not perfect enough for the fans, but we as a fans want to hear what michael prepared for us :cry:, the stuff he recorded after the trial, the melodies ne-yo always talked about, the hot stuff, i would even buy and album with songs has no even vocals in it but stuff michael created, michael ideas! .. those stuff should be released and the profits should be straight to the charities!

I totally agree with you man,

Michael was a perfectionist, he would never release something not perfect enough for the fans, but we as a fans want to hear what michael prepared for us :cry:, the stuff he recorded after the trial, the melodies ne-yo always talked about, the hot stuff, i would even buy and album with songs has no even vocals in it but stuff michael created, michael ideas! .. those stuff should be released and the profits should be straight to the charities!

It's not like the stuff is sub-standard... the melodies are still there, the lead vocals are still there. His creation is still there. The fact there are no ad-libs at the end or not all bv were finished doesn't make the stuff not good enough.

Are there are not songs Michael did complete but didn't make it on the albums? He recorded all these songs and had to choose which ones. I would like to hear those.

Are there are not songs Michael did complete but didn't make it on the albums? He recorded all these songs and had to choose which ones. I would like to hear those.

There are many outtakes and some of these are said to be better than songs picked for the albums.

But it would be definately interesting to see how the trial and his personal life affected his work in the latter years too.

okay Will keep them for yourself and not share them with his millions of fans who just lost their idol. thanks.

Honestly, I have to say I respect Will.I.Am for this, Michael wouldn't want the material released being the perfectionist he was. At the end of the day, he still has Michael's best wishes at heart, and I can appreciate that.

okay Will keep them for yourself and not share them with his millions of fans who just lost their idol. thanks.
i do not think it is about him wanting to keep it to himself. but he has a right to have them afterall he also worked on them.

Its more like the estate rejected his wishes to release it because Will did want it released with permission first. He obviously didnt get it.

Selfishly I would love to hear it. But I understand I guess.

Back