No songs from Will.I.Am - "I’m not gonna release it"

Re: No songs from Will.I.Am - "I’m not gonna release it"

Michael being the perfectionist that he was would NOT want unfinished or what he deemed inadequate tracks to be released to the public period! and that should be respected, it can't always be about what fans 'want'!

Are you Joking?

I mean , Certain artists record hundreds of songs for each album and store them in the vault? Do you know why? because they want their legacy to live on after their death and MJ is one of them....

Normally, anything unreleased recorded by any artist will see the light of the day after their death, it happened with 2pac, Marvin Gaye, Elvis , and It will happen with MJ.......He is no different.

MJ created his Music to be shared , what is the use of creating music and storing it and not releasing it even after death?

Again, It happened before with other artists and It will happen again with Mj , we all know that Mj was perfectionist but when he is not here anymore to prefect his music is another different story, songs will be released as they are and they will still be great.

Its more like the estate rejected his wishes to release it because Will did want it released with permission first. He obviously didnt get it.

I guess He didn't get permission from the estate because he wanted to release them on a Black eyed peas album NOT a michael jackson album....

mean , Certain artists record hundreds of songs for each album and store them in the vault? Do you know why? because they want their legacy to live on after their death and MJ is one of them....

Normally, anything unreleased recorded by any artist will see the light of the day after their death, it happened with 2pac, Marvin Gaye, Elvis , and It will happen with MJ.......He is no different.

MJ created his Music to be shared , what is the use of creating music and storing it and not releasing it even after death?

Again, It happened before with other artists and It will happen again with Mj , we all know that Mj was perfectionist but when he is not here anymore to prefect his music is another different story, songs will be released as they are and they will still be great.

^^ I agree. Those unfinished songs are the legacy. People should hear them one day. These songs are what's left, there will be nothing new, nothing finished. I hope everything Michael was working on, will be released one day for the public to hear...

I'm largely unhappy about this. If these tracks are unfinished (I seem to recall an interview prior to Jun 25 2009 in which Will i am said at least one was finished) - then I sort of think that Will i am is a good enough producer to incorporate them into another piece, or make something of them to get them into a shape in which they could be released. I hope something happens and he changes his decision on this.

Wow, not everyone is a bad guy. :no: I don't think Will is at all.

Wow, not everyone is a bad guy. :no: I don't think Will is at all.

I don't think he is a bad guy either.. It's just upsetting that some of MJ's music, which now is even more precious than before, will never get to see the light of day :(

I don't think he is a bad guy either.. It's just upsetting that some of MJ's music, which now is even more precious than before, will never get to see the light of day :(

I know, it's a shame. I meant the people saying about the Estate etc.

All the unreleased tracks Michael released himself which were unfinished were still ok for him to release. Sony are planning on releasing MJs unreleased material.

Will wanted to release this material originally. Its only now that he doesnt have permission that he is saying he doesnt want to do it. Thats not what he was saying to long ago.

it's upsetting. if Michael didnt choose some songs, i guess he considered them not good enough. and they are stored somewhere. does it mean i have to be happy if they are never released?

I know how you guys are thinking saying "good, dont release, mj would've wanted it perfect, etc" but really. They should be released. They were GOING to be released, but he died (rip). Well, release them anyway, fans all over the world want them, and there is no point hiding it from us.

Vault songs

I mean , Certain artists record hundreds of songs for each album and store them in the vault? Do you know why? because they want their legacy to live on after their death and MJ is one of them....
Some songs are recorded and rejected as not good enough and in some cases recorded for personal reasons. Ideas are also recorded, but maybe nothing else is done with them. Prince used to record songs to play in his now defunct clubs "Glam Slam", but not for official record release. The Beatles used to make Christmas records that were only mailed to members of their fan club, and have never had any other type of release. Record company politics can also come into play. Robert Palmer's Addicted To Love was recorded as a duet with Chaka Khan. Chaka's record company (Warners) refused Robert's record company (Island) to release it with her on it, so Chaka's vocals were erased. I've heard that Stevie Wonder has it written in his contract or will that any unreleased or unfinished songs & demos are to be destroyed upon his death. I don't know if that's true or not.

It might be acceptable to release these in about 10 years time!!!!!

But to do it so soon after his passing is just heartless!!!!!!!

i respect will, but i think he made the wrong decision, fans need the songs, i can't wait any longer, i need every single thing Michael recorded for us! even this is it rehearsals, who wouldn't want to see Michael rehearsing a song, while singing only few parts and missing the rest of the lyrics or just watching him standing who wouldn't want?

But This Is It was ok?

Got mixed feelings about this one. Yeah I would and I'm sure alot of us would like to hear those songs cause it's something to have of Michael but at the same time I can feel where he's coming from for whatever reasons. So:scratch:

Michael was very smart. I am wondering if he left instructions what he wanted to happen to all his songs finished and not finished. Something that that executors would know. Michael was very protective and in control of his music.

Totally understand Will here :) He's sticking to MJ's side on this one. Yeah, I'd love to hear the music but respect for him for being so confident in that answer :)

I think this is a dis-service to MJ. Yes, he was a perfectionist when he was alive, but he isn't anymore and cannot make those decisions. Now he is gone, my hunch is that MJ would want the world, his fans and his children to continue sharing his talent. He wanted to show the world and his kids he still had 'it' with This is It. His unreleased material helps him do that.

Michael being the perfectionist that he was would NOT want unfinished or what he deemed inadequate tracks to be released to the public period! and that should be respected, it can't always be about what fans 'want'!

How do you explain all the demos & unfinished tracks on the "Ultimate"?

I love "Fall Again" a demo track he did with Robin Thicke...And I am glad MJ released it despite the fact that you can hear him talking to the producer on the track.

I am sure MJ left instructions on how the can use the songs in his vault. That is part of his estate...and if he did not want them released after he passed, there ain't gonna be much of an estate for his kids.

Right now, the unreleased songs are crucial to MJ's legacy' continued growth & success. And I am sure they are gonna be released when it is appropriate.

I just can't help but be sad about this. More silencing of the king (and I know Will.I.Am isn't intending for it to be that). This world has always been better because of Michael's music and the messages he shares through it. I am not saying he's a God. Just, we all have an impact on the world. Our own stamp upon it or touch at least. He touches all of us with his music and message or we'd not be here. He is a beautiful human being and it comes through in his songs. I can't help but be saddened to know that he could still be leaving his wonderful mark upon the world further than he has, but it's been silenced.
I think to give money that much power over it belittles what it is. It's not about money is it? Doesn't have to be about money. I came across this quote today and it seemed appropriate:

"For me, the marketplace can rot in hell. I will do music for the love of music and for the love of people who listen to music." -D. Lanois

You also worked on the recent remake of “We Are the World.” What did you think you could bring to that to make it connect to the 21st Century?

I didn’t produce that—I just added some new lyrics to it. That song is timeless, it will always be relevant. But if you’re going to benefit Haiti, I wanted to add lyrics that would represent what is actually happening there. I came from a perspective [of] what would Michael [Jackson] have said—not sung, cause I can’t sing like him—but what would he have been proud to acknowledge in a piece of art. My part got edited, altered a bit, but it still kept the essence of what I was trying to say.

I know you recorded some material with Jackson when he was alive. Will the public ever get to hear that? Will it get released from the vaults?

I’m not gonna release it.

Why don’t want the public to hear it?

I don’t think it’s fair to release unfinished material to capitalize on him passing. It’s not right. We didn’t put it out when he was alive so why should we put it out now that he’s gone?

How many songs did you do with him?

We wrote about six songs.

Full interview - http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010...is-new-tour-michael-jackson-and-barack-obama/

i don't know how long he can hold up with that, but as of right now, he has more respect from me, than Jones, or anyone else in the industry.

but i hope, somehow, God makes it possible to hear new Michael music, as if nothing had changed..

Last edited:
Good man Will I am, a man of integrity. I respect him for that, it is his call to make, if he feels that finishing the material and releasing it goes against his instint of what he thinks is right then he is doing the right thing.

Michael could have been releasing music and making money for years and chose not to, meaning he was not entirely satisfied that it was finished, I think Will is being respectful.

This is very noble of Will.I.Am. OK, I'm not going to lie. I'm a fan and I would love to hear new Michael material but we all know how much Michael was a perfectionist. No way would he want unfinished material released. Michael was unhappy that the record company wanted to release Thriller without proper mixing, got Quincey to put a stop to it and delay the release so it could be finished properly and look what happened. Plus it's going been eight months-its still too soon to be releasing new songs. I'm sure there are plenty of finished songs in the vaults and if I'm honest its still very hard for me to listen to snippets of new Michael songs. Its just too soon.

But This Is It was ok?

THANK YOU!!! I dont think is heartless if he R sony realease new songs even if its unfinish. I am sorry but sooner r later I want 2 hear new music from Michael...

Back