No songs from Will.I.Am - "I’m not gonna release it"

The truth is that whether Michael worked with who he worked,

take Rodney Jerkins, with Michael its was a super team, why? because of Michael, who was genius... but then rodney Jerkins working with other artists as teams is just you know, cr*p, and im just saying the reality, Michael was the one who would CREATE... and it was like that with all the artists Michael would team up... its obvious, so im thinking that the cause is the same here, with Will.I. Am as Michael was the other one, It must be wonderful, Michael GOT THE EAR... he was amazing, he was genius... i mean, Prince who Duran Duran always bring in, its a far cry from Michael Jackson i still dont undertand the comparissons other than the excentric behaviour or that they are both dark skinned and solo artists and the James Brown influence... Prince is nothing compared to Michael Jackson... nothing, i just got to say it, Prince is a pretty good multi instrumentalist, pretty good just as Lenny Kravitz is, vocally, well you know he does as he does with his instruments..., his music is good, but excuse me is NO WONDER...

Finally i think these songs will be released, if Michael was a participant they must be Michael Jackson, and that says pretty much ALL.

Since Mike's death, the last thing on my mind was and is new music, so this really doesn't affect me personally. This story actually reminds me of when I read somewhere that Timbaland did an interview with somewhere, where he said that during the recording of aaliyah's second album, they did a little over 50 songs. Where is it? Point I'm saying is, maybe Will just dosen't wanna do release the dang stuff... I know some of you wanna hear it, but at the same time can you understand Will's feelings about it? Seriously, it hasn't even been a full year since Mike passed on... just give it some time y'all. Maybe he'll change his mind...?

Re: No songs from Will.I.Am - "I’m not gonna release it"

Since Mike's death, the last thing on my mind was and is new music, so this really doesn't affect me personally. This story actually reminds me of when I read somewhere that Timbaland did an interview with somewhere, where he said that during the recording of aaliyah's second album, they did a little over 50 songs. Where is it? Point I'm saying is, maybe Will just dosen't wanna do release the dang stuff... I know some of you wanna hear it, but at the same time can you understand Will's feelings about it? Seriously, it hasn't even been a full year since Mike passed on... just give it some time y'all. Maybe he'll change his mind...?

You know, that makes sense too.

Then there are also the fans who are still pissed off about the release of the THIS IS IT song, so you can't make everyone happy. I for one loved the song "This Is It" and took it for what it was and enjoyed it. I didn't enjoy all the talk on this fan board afterwards about how Paul Anka was the devil and this is probably a good reason people are 'afraid' to release things. They will never win. They will be persecuted no matter what they do. If they release it and it isn't perfect, they will be the ones who are wrong.

No I didnt it make, it was sent to me but Im glad you like it and that it makes many people laugh because the board is so sombre these days.
Oh, its wonderful.

It does, hahahah its genius... the one who did it its wonderful

i watch it and i just laugh, its wonderful :lol:

What the heck is going on?!?

I mean, this is maybe the 4th conflicting report we've heard about these songs he did with Michael.

One time he's on CNN saying that he has the music but Michael has the lyrics.

Then there was another report that he's been quoted as saying that he listens to these songs in his house.

Now he's saying the songs aren't finished. WTF?

I respect Will.I.Am as a producer, I think the music him and Michael made is probably great, but why are we getting different versions of stories about these songs they made together? And these stories are all by Will himself.

Makes no sense. It's not fair to the fans who want this music. I am begining to think Will is just playing games.

They worked on these tracks in 2006. A couple must be completed.

This is complete bs from Will.I.Am if this report is credible. Why some fans are praising Will.I.Am is beyond me.

He knows he's sitting on a gold mine.

If indeed Will isnt gonna make the music Mike and him worked on privet...Kudos to him but as I remember, one of the music that was on Access Hollywood interview that was meant for Mike was on Will's album cuz i guess Michael didnt want it...

and
Derek1984 whe you said...

Then there was another report that he's been quoted as saying that he listens to these songs in his house.
Yes i've heard that too...But so far nothing seems Legit to me soooo...I'm gonna steer clear of whats going on with ppl. who say they've worked with Mike for the past 9 years...

L.O.V.E.
Romi

I'm sure I heard once that Michael had the hard drives? Not accusing Will of anything here, I freaking love the guy, but just saying what I thought I heard?

Latoya came into the house on the 25 and took some music that Michael had been working on.

Bottom line is that Will has said he wanted to release this music many times, only now he is saying he doesnt. The only person stopping him from releasing this music.......is Branca!! Surprise surprise.

Are you Joking?

I mean , Certain artists record hundreds of songs for each album and store them in the vault? Do you know why? because they want their legacy to live on after their death and MJ is one of them....

Normally, anything unreleased recorded by any artist will see the light of the day after their death, it happened with 2pac, Marvin Gaye, Elvis , and It will happen with MJ.......He is no different.

MJ created his Music to be shared , what is the use of creating music and storing it and not releasing it even after death?

Again, It happened before with other artists and It will happen again with Mj , we all know that Mj was perfectionist but when he is not here anymore to prefect his music is another different story, songs will be released as they are and they will still be great.

Agree with your post totally! Michael wanted immortality - he always talked about it - and how can he get immortality if everything is never released?? His legacy will live on if all this music whether finished, unflinished maybe not perfect is released for his fans to enjoy. He lived for his fans - do you think he would want us not to enjoy all his work??? Believe me, albums of all his work will be released sooner or later - You have to remember that any company will capitalize but also the estate (his children) and his charities will be huge beneficiaries of all the sales of these albums. And if Will I.Am just wanted to released it on his own album, well then he is not doing it selflessly. He wants to capitalize selling it through his own album - if that is true. I don't care what Will I.Am says- he has made contradictory remarks about these songs- so I don't believe anything he says. I truly believe one day, we will see these songs come out (the ones with Will iam).

What the heck is going on?!?

I mean, this is maybe the 4th conflicting report we've heard about these songs he did with Michael.

One time he's on CNN saying that he has the music but Michael has the lyrics.

Now he's saying the songs aren't finished. WTF?

I respect Will.I.Am as a producer, I think the music him and Michael made is probably great, but why are we getting different versions of stories about these songs they made together? And these stories are all by Will himself.

Makes no sense. It's not fair to the fans who want this music. I am begining to think Will is just playing games.

They worked on these tracks in 2006. A couple must be completed.

This is complete bs from Will.I.Am if this report is credible. Why some fans are praising Will.I.Am is beyond me.

He knows he's sitting on a gold mine.

You hid it on the head! There have been too many conflicting reports by Will I Am. I don't believe the man for a second about these songs. I do not trust him for a second! There was another interview by CNN where he was very coy and said they didn't work on anything - they were just jamming! This guy knows he is sitting on a gold mine! I heard from this thread that he wanted to release them on his own album, and that's why Branca nixed it as he should! If it is going to be released it better be released in a MICHAEL JACKSON ALBUM!!

I saw an interview in Ireland with Billy Bush from Access Hollywood back in the fall of 06 where Michael was with Will I Am in a recording studio. Now do you think that Will I Am would fly to Ireland just to jam and fool around in a recording studio with Michael? seriously! They had worked for 2 years- you don't think they had completed most of the songs they worked on? of course!
Will I Am is just playing with us I'm convinced. Those songs will eventually be released. He wants to make money like anybody else, and believe me it's not cashing in on Michael's passing. I'm tired of fans saying this. All musicians who pass have unreleased material released. They all do!!! Again, the sales of these albums will benefit the estate ( his children) and his charities!

if he's so worried about exploiting Mj then just put out the songs for free for people to download boom problem solved.

Maybe he just wants to cherish what he and Michael shared and collaborated on?

It really PISSES me off big time when someone comes out with stories like this !!!
If you have some MJ songs in a vault but you don"t want to release them, well....then, shut up about it!
They all know how desperate fans are for his new music. I know I am. And there are tons of beautifull Michael"s songs waiting for us to hear them and love them. Michael sure didin"t record them for Will"s personal collection.omg. He made them fot us.
If they are not released yet, that surely doesn"t mean that they are not good or he didin"t like them. What about "Another day "? That is one breathtaking song.
And that crap that he doesn"t want to profit ...he can just give money to charity.
I am so angry.

I Agree 100%.

Thanks! I've seen this interview before, but it was before Michael passed away, it was different really...,

now its better i can actually HEAR Michael speaking about the music, wow at 2:10 i love how he explains it, to put sounds in a microscope, thats Michael's genius, wow :bow:

Michael's funny at the end with the camera :lol:

LOVE YOU MICHAEL, R.I.P

As a fan, sure I would love to go jam and fool around in a studio with Michael, but if you are a big time producer, the whole point and only reason you fly all the way to Ireland is to record music with him and experience his genius. And I'm sure Michael was paying him for his time. Michael was not going to pay him to do nothing.

But I get your point... I would have just loved to have watched him doing his thing in a recording studio. Do you think there is any tape of that anywhere??

Michael offered to pay his expenses but he refused to let him. He's a good guy folks.

So glad will 'will' will not capitalize on the MJ's passing. It is a gross thing Motown Records decided to jump on the MJ bandwagon recently with re-issues of poor quality MJ and J5 tunes. The unreleased CD they put out is pretty lackluster and sounds very rushed!

Tara
XOXO

These are Michael's songs so I don't think Will can do anything if the estate says they want them.

Will.I.Am provided the instruments for Michael to record over, he has a say in whether the songs can be released or not, especially if he's the one still in possession of them.

I am happy and sad about this. What is we never get to hear anything "new" from Michael besides THIS IS IT?

Will.I.Am provided the instruments for Michael to record over, he has a say in whether the songs can be released or not, especially if he's the one still in possession of them.

If Will doesn't want to give the songs up and the estate wants them, I could see it going to court.

These are Michael's songs so I don't think Will can do anything if the estate says they want them.

I'm sure if the Estate say to Will, "We want the songs," he's going to give in. He wouldn't let it go to court. They're Michael's songs and if the people in charge of his legacy want them to be released... well, we'll just see how much of a "fan" Will really is.

One minute Will says he wants the world to hear it, the next he says Mike will appear on the new Black Eyed Peas album, then he's uncomfortable with releasing them, then he doesn't have the songs... It's so frustrating but if the Estate want them released, they will be.

I thought music companies and companies of any nature can only get rights to a song if it's registered with the ASCAP or BMI? As far as I know, these songs aren't because they were never completed, Michael's estate would only have the rights to "The Girl is Mine" because it was one of the songs that the two completed and was commercially released. If the songs aren't complete or registered, it's really nothing the estate can do, which is why I don't think Will is worried about them.

I agree with Will.I.Am. If all the songs are unfinished, should not be released. I liked his attitude, if it were another person who was with ulterior motives and interests ($$$$$), independent of anything, he would release these songs. But he will not do so out of respect for Michael.

Okay people, wake up! How do any of you know MJ would not want these songs out? Nobody knows that.

And if he didn't want "unfinished" songs released then why were there several such songs in the boxed set?

Will.i.am is being ridiculous. He needs to go in, finish the songs and put them on any MJ album of unreleased material. It's not capitalizing on his death. It's finishing what he started. And since MJ supposedly loves his fans, he'd want them to have his last music to enjoy.

Okay people, wake up! How do any of you know MJ would not want these songs out? Nobody knows that.

And if he didn't want "unfinished" songs released then why were there several such songs in the boxed set?

Will.i.am is being ridiculous. He needs to go in, finish the songs and put them on any MJ album of unreleased material. It's not capitalizing on his death. It's finishing what he started. And since MJ supposedly loves his fans, he'd want them to have his last music to enjoy.

Because Michael was a perfectionist, it's also a well known fact that he didn't like unfinished or incomplete material to be publicly released. Majority of the demo's on the box set were released because we had already had the finished product in our cars and homes for years...So it wouldn't hurt to release the demo's of those songs, as far as the demo's and songs that Michael had released that we had never heard before, I don't know why he allowed those to be released, but one can only assume that he had no intentions of working on them again.

Because Michael was a perfectionist, it's also a well known fact that he didn't like unfinished or incomplete material to be publicly released. Majority of the demo's on the box set were released because we had already had the finished product in our cars and homes for years...So it wouldn't hurt to release the demo's of those songs, as far as the demo's and songs that Michael had released that we had never heard before, I don't know why he allowed those to be released, but one can only assume that he had no intentions of working on them again.

What about In The Back, Beautiful Girl and Fall Again? These are all incomplete and MJ was happy for us to hear them.

What about In The Back, Beautiful Girl and Fall Again? These are all incomplete and MJ was happy for us to hear them.

My guess is that they (Sony) coerced him into doing that. Just because they were official products doesn't mean they were MJ's idea. Michael's cut on those albums is very small compared to what Sony pulls in milking the fans with re-releases.

I did say I don't know why he allowed those to be released, but one can only assume that maybe he had no intentions of working on them again, did I not?

Back