!!!!notice to loyal fans no downloading!!!!!!!

I am disgusted. I guess all the "fans" in this post trying to legitimize piracy never heard MJs stance on piracy. Shame on all of you.

I have paid to see this movie twice already. I have purchased tickets for friends who couldn't afford it. Shoot if times are that hard for some of yall, I would have purchased tickets for the weekend showings and emailed the codes to you. Thats how much I wanted MJ's movie box office effort to be amazing.

Boo thieves taking food out of Prince Michael, Paris, and Blankets mouths.

Everytime you torrent tii, you are giving it for free to alot of the haters and naysayers.
again......disgusting. *eyeroll*

A bit over dramatic? Don't condemn everyone... I completely agree that it's wrong to download the movie if you didn't go see it in theaters, but that's not the case with 99% of the people here.

I see NOTHING wrong with downloading the film after having seen it 4 times and having already pre-ordered the bluray. And as far as giving it for free to others by downloading the bootleg, once you download it, it's very easy to delete the torrent file and not seed it to others.

My position is this. I watched This is it in a cinema 4 times. Also I consider that I can download TS the version of a film and again watch the favorite moments. but if i will have chance to go 5th time - i will go! Naturally as soon as a film will be released, I will buy both versions (dvd and blue-ray).

Hmmm! So it is OK to take your money and use it for some time then pay you later! :smilerolleyes:

Just to throw in here.... Don't be a terrible person and steal movies, ahem... and whatever you do, don't rip the audio into live tracks and PM me the link... no wouldn't want that at all... ;)

And as far as giving it for free to others by downloading the bootleg, once you download it, it's very easy to delete the torrent file and not seed it to others.

Don't you understand how torrents work? You are essentially downloading the file in lots of little pieces. Once one of these pieces has completed, you will be uploading this to other users, even before the entire file has completed downloading. Thus, even if you are not seeding it after completion, you will still have shared the file to people who never will pay for it. Also, it is very easy for movie studios and their affiliates to register the IP address of people downloading.

Now you understand this, do you feel any differently?

Don't you understand how torrents work? You are essentially downloading the file in lots of little pieces. Once one of these pieces has completed, you will be uploading this to other users, even before the entire file has completed downloading. Thus, even if you are not seeding it after completion, you will still have shared the file to people who never will pay for it. Also, it is very easy for movie studios and their affiliates to register the IP address of people downloading.

Now you understand this, do you feel any differently?

I know perfectly well how a torrent file works, it's not that complicated. It took my computer 7 minutes to download the file, then I deleted the torrent which therefore stopped the seed.

No I don't feel any differently... like I said before, I've seen it FOUR times in the theaters, brought family to see it, plan on seeing it again and have already preordered the Blu-Ray disc. Plus I bought the photo book AND I just downloaded the TII EP from iTunes. Please feel free to go guilt trip someone that hasn't put any money out of their pocket, but I'm not one of those people.

I don't see anything wrong with wanting a copy of it (which isn't even DVD quality, it's just a filler for me until I get my DVD) to be able to watch when I'm getting the itch for some Michael, such as right now when it's 3:30 am and my local theater had its last showing at 9:45.

Some people in this forum need to get off their high horse... :bugeyed

cppounders, in your case I agree with you. You have paid for the film multiple times already and supported Mike and the estate in multiple ways.

BUT

The trouble is, most of the people downloading the film won't have done that. The may never see it in the cinema, may never buy the DVD/Blu-Ray and may never buy an MJ album. It's those people who should be stopped and I for one am happy to report all torrents and NZB files I find to the relevant authorities. I have already started doing that and will continue for as long as new version become available on the net. Hopefully Sony will take this seriously and will do everything they can to track and prosecute those people who have been found to be sharing (or have shared) this film.

Be warned: Use a torrent and you're playing with fire. Not only now but any time. It's like walking into a pub and shouting that you want to buy and sell illegal films. It's easy to see it happening and it's easy to rack down the culprits. There are more secure ways of obtaining files you want that aren't so traceable or so public.

Like the autohorities themselves don't know what's being shared on the most famous torrent-sites....

Don't assume that everyone that downloaded the film didn't go see it. I DL'd the movie Friday night, saved it for after I saw the movie on Sat night. I just DL'd a better copy yesterday to have until the blu-ray comes out.

Theres allways going to be piracy going on. Its allways been out there and has just gotten worse since the internet became big.

I feel it is ok to download it. IF you have been to see the film already and plan on buying the blu ray anyway. I have been to see it and cannot afford to go and see it again. I also plan on getting the blu ray.

So I have downlaoded it now, only to keep me satisfied in between. That movie hit me so hard......I wanted to be able to see it anytime I wanted and now I can.

I do see the problem though, because people will not see the movie and will download it and not even buy the DVD. In fact they will probably download the extras from the DVD as well. But theres nothing really that can be done about that, it happens with everything.

Re: This is it? Would you report someone if they

Yes.

It's illegal.

I've seen it 3 times in the cinema and I plan on seeing it a few more times before its finished, I've got the soundtrack (20euro just for 5 songs I don't already own!!!) and I'm planning on getting the DVD once it comes out. I've downloaded it and ripped the audio to my ipod and I'm keeping an eye out for a better quality copy. The file I downloaded has not been shared by me. I don't see a problem with fans who have seen it in the cinema (even just once) and are planning on buying the DVD but have also downloaded the bootleg in the meantime.

yes, people! STOP DOWNLOADING!

No :)

I paid to go see him live and that didnt happen. I went to watch the film and now I want to be able to see him as much as I want. I also still plan on buying the blu- ray. So they arent losing any money from me.

So yes, I will downlaod it :)

Without it, I couldn't have used this badass MJ move as a signature:D

Wow. So you would put them in jail. They do that all the time in LA California outside of Urban food places, hair salons..etc.

Absolutely without a doubt. Taking food out of the mouths of babes!!

Selling it is a different story. I feel it is ok to download it if you have already seen the film and plan on buying the DVD.

But selling it, thats another story.

I don't know how i feel about downloading and piracy (snicker) But i think i feel the same way as L.T.D. Does... I mean if you download it and seen the film its one thing but if you already know your going to buy it when it slams into the stores its something else... Idk im all up in the air on this but i do agree that it shouldn't be done...

Well I already watched TII 3 times in the cinema and plan at least another 3 or 4 times... As soon as I can get a proper DVD Screener I'll download it though.....

I'll get the DVD or BluRay as soon as it's out, depending on the features I decide for the 1 or the other, or hell maybe I'll just get both. I don't have a BR player yet, so I need to watch something until I have it ;)

Even if it's just for putting the amazing vocals on my MP3 player :)

Where I live I never see things like that. If I did I would report them. I don't think they would be arrested. Our cops are more warning or ticket giving type officers. Maybe that's why people don't do that here.

I do not condone any of this piracy business.

yeah and if we see a stream of it online we should mark it as a copyright infringement

I plan to download it.

Went to see it last week and want to see it again, will of course buy the DVD though.

Absolutely. It's gross how much money these people make.

the reality of the situation is ppl are going to download it all you can do is continue to let ppl know that they are missing most of the movie if they download it. bootleg's are the worst quality of seeing a really good flick. but because of the length of time before the dvd comes out they will. i dont think this movie will suffer either way cuz the dvd is going to have 2to3 hours of extra footage and noone who is a fan is going to miss out on that and we all know a bootleg wont have that. so let the thieves live with themselves selling a dead mans hard work . just say something and make them feel like crap for making the money. the leeeeeeches that they are.

Back