October 17 & 18 hearing / No court on October 17 & 18/ New stomach contents testing

abc7MurrayTrial ABC7 Murray Trial

Chernoff said defense will have 15 witnesses: 4 are character witnesses, including elderly patients of Dr. #Murray; Det. Meyers, Martinez

Judge ordered defense and prosecution to meet and confer to figure out how they can proceed without wasting any time. #ConradMurraytrial

ABC7-Murray-Trial-73x73_normal.jpg

Defense attorney Ed Chernoff asked judge for the day off on Thursday so he can prepare before putting his case on. Judge is not having it.http://twitter.com/#!/abc7MurrayTrial/status/126400548336439296

ABC7-Murray-Trial-73x73_normal.jpg

Walgren indicated Dr. Shafer will be his last witness and he will recall Dan Anderson to talk about new Lorazepam test during rebuttal.

"Besides that, Walgren said Dr. Shafer's testimony might spill over until Thursday, so he was fine with defense beginning their case only Fri."

"Walgren said defense expressed they would need the day off to prepare for their case and prosecution had no objection."

"Judge said he believes all the attorneys are acting in good faith and he will follow the plan of hearing Dr. Shafer's testimony tomorrow"

seems like we will have trial tomorrow and either no trial or early end on thursday

"Attorneys and Dr. #ConradMurray are ordered to appear tomorrow at 8:30 am, jurors at 8:45 am for resumption of trial."

After recess, Walgren told the judge defense presented a list of their witnesses and prosecution had no objection to being dark on Thursday

Besides that, Walgren said Dr. Shafer's testimony might spill ove until Thursday, so he was fine with defense beginning their case only Fri.

Walgren said defense expressed they would need the day off to prepare for their case and prosecution had no objection. #ConradMurraytrial

Judge said he believes all the attorneys are acting in good faith and he will follow the plan of hearing Dr. Shafer's testimony tomorrow.

Attorneys and Dr. #ConradMurray are ordered to appear tomorrow at 8:30 am, jurors at 8:45 am for resumption of trial. #MichaelJackson

CNN : The Los Angeles County coroner tested Jackson's stomach contents -- preserved from the autopsy -- for the level of the sedative lorazepam last Wednesday at the request of the prosecution, Deputy District Attorney David Walgren revealed at a hearing Monday.The testing was ordered after Murray's defense contended that Jackson swallowed eight tablets of lorazepam, a sedative, in a desperate search for sleep the day he died.The results show "a much smaller amount of lorazepam in the stomach that is totally inconsistent with oral consumption of lorazepam tablets," Walgren said.The coroner ruled that Jackson's June 25, 2009, death was from "acute propofol intoxication" in combination with several sedatives, including lorazepam.The defense complained that the coroner should have done the test two years ago, not during the trial."It's about the time," defense lawyer Ed Chernoff said. "It's about the fairness issue."

Re: October 17 hearing / No court on October 17 & 18/ New stomach contents testing

Good question! It's possible that the charges would have been stronger, had the prosecution known. (But, those charges were determined by the DA, and not the prosecution, soooooo?)

The goal of any defense team is to gain an acquittal, by nearly any means under the law. Defense teams represent the guilty, all the time (and they know it)! The "he swallowed the propofol" line of defense might, indeed, have been a red-herring? And now, the "he secretly took eight (or however many?) pills" could also have been a red-herring? Did the defense "cook the books?" I.e. deliberately present WRONG scientific information? I think that's possible. The prosecution spent time researching a Taiwanese study, and PIGS, because they were deliberately thrown off-track by the defense? Yeah, I do think that's possible.

What I'm not understanding now is, what could the defense possibly BE, now? The "he drank it" theory has been dropped. I think that the re-testing will prove that he didn't "take the pills," either. So, there goes the "Michael did it to himself" line of defense? What is LEFT? Seriously, what remains of the defense?

Well, isn't there an unidentified fingerprint...how about...the invisible man did it? 'Someone' sneaked in while murray was gone on his phoning or in the bathroom, (pick one or all), gave an overdose of propofol and sneaked away but murray, in a panic state 'cause he knew he had done his man wrong, instead of manning up and confessing his dereliction and abandonment, just tried to cover his a...actions and royally screwed everything up but your Honor he is an innocent man who just had a lapse in judgment...

Truthfully I have never trusted Chernoff...he isn't stupid and if as it looks all of these theories were red herrings then he is up to something.
Since they have to share witness lists and statements and whatever how can there be any real surprises?
If, WHEN, cm is convicted no doubt there will be an appeal...could he be scheming for something then? Some technicality? Some jury member will reveal they watched CNN or used the internet??

So if Murray's lawyers still try to say he took eight pills this guy will say no he did not. So it will be like catching them in a lie I guess

"Judge Michael Pastor gave lawyers copy of the confidential draft of the jury instructions"

So it it confirmed that court is off thurs or an early finish depending if shaffer is still on. jeez just on with it. defence not starting till friday is nearly a week lost

Chernoff told judge he sent MJ's stomach contents to re-analysis, but they don't know yet how the Lorazepam got into MJ's stomach.
5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

ahahahhhaaa Murray's defense is like dumb and dumber. why did you claim he took 8 pills if you don't know how they got in his stomach?

and in some place Dan Anderson going "I told you it's ion trapping"

Chernoff told judge he sent MJ's stomach contents to re-analysis, but they don't know yet how the Lorazepam got into MJ's stomach.

ahahahhhaaa Murray's defense is like dumb and dumber. why did you claim he took 8 pills if you don't know how they got in his stomach?

:yes:

Yea, and how did Propofol get into MJ's stomach?? Oh wait, that was cleared. He didn't drink it.

Morons...

From what I understand from the tweets, it seems that the judge is not willing to delay the trial further, so it will be prosecution and defense's job to come to an agreement so that the trial is on Thursday.

This is bad for CM, I bet Chernoff would of asked for a week or a month, there's no way he can come up with another reasonable doubt theory in one day. Lorazepam just went down the drain, affecting their credibility in the process. Also, I think that self injection will be debunked by prosecution's last witness tomorrow, so hard days ahead.

defense is gonna call Randy Phillips to testify he won't be available until monday though.

I can see randy throwing mj under a bus big time. they have a lawsuit to protect themsel fromn this could get messy *sigh*

Last edited:
A.P are saying the defence case will start friday as decence witnesses arent available till then.

I can see randy throwing mj under a bus big time. they have a lawsuit to protect themsrlf from

That is correct. Still, the prosecution should be able to cross nicely, they have Kenny's testimony and the recording from Murray's phone.

On an unrelated note, I wonder if Randy is completely unaware of how bad for business it will be if he speaks ill about Michael. I think that aside from being one of the most large fan bases, we are also the most loyal and history has proved that the fans were always united.
Maybe he'll be one of their uncooperative witnesses, like Karen Faye is announced to be.

I can see randy throwing mj under a bus big time. they have a lawsuit to protect themsel fromn this could get messy *sigh*
same here unfortunately, but gongaware didn't throw Michael under the bus either and he's Randy's boss. but with randy he just gives me off a bad vibe, although I think that the lawsuit against them is most probably gonna be tossed out of court due to several reasons.

Chernoff referred to Philips many many times in his opening statement. Randy will say MJ agreed to do the 50 shows on condition AEG buy him house with horses for the kids! LOL , again they will bring the meeting on June 20 , because according to Chernoff their expert Whatman? would claim that MJ took lidocaine on June 16 , attended rehearsals on June 17, absent on June 18 and appeard on June 19 lost out of it and according to the expert all that was due to his withdrawal from lidocaine !!!! ( yes yes he said that he said THAT LOL )

Wonder if philips is a hostile witness. have the defence even talked to him or are they calling him based on philips alleged quotes to the press. thats an important issue. but is there a way to find out?

"Chernoff told judge he sent MJ's stomach contents to re-analysis, but they don't know yet how the Lorazepam got into MJ's stomach."

I can't wait to see what else the defence desperately try to come up with in terms of how it entered his stomach...

I'm not complete sure how some of you figure Randy P. can throw Michael under the bus. The worst Randy can say about Michael is that he was the one who insisted on hiring Murray when AEG thought they didn't need him. If he says Michael was sick, then it would be on Murray since he was hired to care for Michael. Even if he says he suspected Michael was on something on the 20, it's still on Murray because his butt was there and he was the one who claimed everything was fine.

I don't pretend to know what Randy may or may not say, but I have a feeling if the defense the defense isn't careful this will backfire in their faces.

Wonder if philips is a hostile witness. have the defence even talked to him or are they calling him based on philips alleged quotes to the press. thats an important issue. but is there a way to find out?

Yeap, he's a hostile witness.

Dr. Murray: Key Witnesses Are Undermining Me!

Lawyers for some key witnesses in Dr. Conrad Murray's manslaughter trial over the death of Michael Jackson went to court today, trying to avoid giving up what could be critical evidence in the case.

Lawyers for Dr. Arnold Klein -- Jackson's longtime doc -- and AEG honcho Randy Phillips asked the judge to quash subpoenas issued by Dr. Murray, requiring them to produce information about MJ that the defense claims is relevant to his death.

Murray wants to find out exactly what drugs and treatment Klein gave MJ in the months before his death. TMZ reported Klein injected Michael with Demerol 51 in the 3 months that preceded his death.

As for Phillips, we've learned Murray's team wants to know what interactions AEG had with Michael -- in particular, AEG's expectations about Michael's rehearsal schedule and its involvement in selecting Dr. Murray as Michael's doc.

Lawyers for 5 other witnesses, including Tohme Tohme, Michael's former advisor, also tried to quash their subpoenas.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/03/16/micha...y-phillips-subpoena-manslaughter-trial-quash/

Chernoff referred to Philips many many times in his opening statement. Randy will say MJ agreed to do the 50 shows on condition AEG buy him house with horses for the kids! LOL , again they will bring the meeting on June 20 , because according to Chernoff their expert Whatman? would claim that MJ took lidocaine on June 16 , attended rehearsals on June 17, absent on June 18 and appeard on June 19 lost out of it and according to the expert all that was due to his withdrawal from lidocaine !!!! ( yes yes he said that he said THAT LOL )
Are you sure that is not demoral?

Back