October 17 & 18 hearing / No court on October 17 & 18/ New stomach contents testing

I'm not complete sure how some of you figure Randy P. can throw Michael under the bus. The worst Randy can say about Michael is that he was the one who insisted on hiring Murray when AEG thought they didn't need him. If he says Michael was sick, then it would be on Murray since he was hired to care for Michael. Even if he says he suspected Michael was on something on the 20, it's still on Murray because his butt was there and he was the one who claimed everything was fine.

I don't pretend to know what Randy may or may not say, but I have a feeling if the defense the defense isn't careful this will backfire in their faces.

Exactly! I don't quite understand this "Randy is going to throw MJ under the bus" concern. Is Randy Philips personally named in the civil case against AEG? I don't remember. If not, why would he lie to protect a company he works for only? I would not risk being criminally charged just to protect a company that I work for. Even if he's named one of the defendents in the civil case, he should have known by now that the family has no basis and the case will probably be thrown out.

Sorry if this question seems elementary or has been asked before but how do they plan on testing MJ's stomach contents? Will they be testing possibly decayed contents that are over 2 years old, At This time, or has the info the state is seeking already been documented, reported and accounted for since 2009?

Randy has been quoted in the press as saying some pretty crappy things about mj. that was my concern. but if hes a hostile witness theres a large chance calling him will backfire. aslong as hes not co operating with the defence then theres less to be concerned about

So theres approx 6 defence witness we dont have names for yet. 4 paitents 2 police martinez and another at least two experts and philips

Sorry if this question seems elementary or has been asked before but how do they plan on testing MJ's stomach contents? Will they be testing possibly decayed contents that are over 2 years old, At This time, or has the info the state is seeking already been documented, reported and accounted for since 2009?

They preserved the content, which is not decayed since the judge allowed the results in court.

Randy has been quoted in the press as saying some pretty crappy things about mj. that was my concern. but if hes a hostile witness theres a large chance calling him will backfire. aslong as hes not co operating with the defence then theres less to be concerned about

The worst thing I've personally seen Randy say is that Michael may of have an eating disorder. Given Michael's eating habits, forgetting to eat, it isn't the worst thing I heard.

Now, if you're talking about the, 'throw him on stage', comment Lionel Richie said pretty much the same thing when asked if Michael was having stage fright.

Sorry if this question seems elementary or has been asked before but how do they plan on testing MJ's stomach contents?
The last test from pros was done last week. The gastric content was 70mg of dark liquid.

No if I'm not mistaken Randy has said or was rumored to have said worse about Michael, back in 09 RadarOnline had a lot of supposed Randy Phillip comments.

No im talking about supposed inteviews in the uk press relating to drugs etc

So Randy Phillip will testify instead of Karen Faye so that defense can talk on the 20th june meeting, is that so?

No if I'm not mistaken Randy has said or was rumored to have said worse about Michael, back in 09 RadarOnline had a lot of supposed Randy Phillip comments.
Then that interview should have been mentioned in Mrs Jacksons lawsuit

So Randy Phillip will testify instead of Karen Faye so that defense can talk on the 20th june meeting, is that so?
Nothings been said about faye one way or the other. article posted further up shows the defence have been wanting to call philips for ages so its not something new cause karen cant talk about the meeting

If I recall it was more in the line, 'a source told us that Randy said', kind of stuff.

I mean this to no offense, but as fans of Michael we all should know by now that we shouldn't go by what people are rumor to have said. Unless they outright said it in an interview without the second hand source, we really can't judge Randy one way or another. Too many time I have seen fans throw people under the bus over what they assumed that person said. Kind of like Kenny which some fans despise over assuming what he did or didn't do.

Although, I think I know what you re referring to. I think what he supposedly said was that he thought Michael was heavily medicated at times and they thought they had to pull the show. However, I only remember the TINI making this claim and never showed the actually interview.

Nothings been said about faye one way or the other. article posted further up shows the defence have been wanting to call philips for ages so its not something new cause karen cant talk about the meeting

Yes, but I thought the judge had ruled him out as a witness, (till Chernoff mentioned him at the opening).

Chernoff said the defence would ask two questions:1- How did Michael Jackson get to this point?2- What happened when Doctor Murray left the room?Calling Randy Phillips is part of the first phase of their case. The circumstances that led MJ to that point of "desperation”. Randy will talk about negotiating the deal with MJ what MJ supposedly told him on October, 31, 2008 “I’m tired of being a vegobond, I just want a house for me and my children" He will ask him about the other projects they were involved in, the movies, the world tour, the hundreds of millions MJ could have earned (though not the debts the judge said no to that). But according to Chernoff MJ would not have been able to complete the shows because he suffered from INABILITY TO SLEEP FOR DAYS. Randy 's testimony is to establish the MJ the in control man , the smart man who knew what he wanted exactly and got what he wanted exactly .He plans to say MJ's big dreams put a massive pressure on him and pushed him to swallow lorazepam "during the last 10 hours" of his life and then when Murray left ,he self injected (bolus injection) and ended his life in a desperate attempt to sleep!!!Randy will testify that MJ agreed to increase the shows to 50 on two conditions. One , he had a house for him and his children with 16 acres and horses. Two , The Guinness Book Of World Records be there to document the historical event ( this is it) . So nothing really to worry about , of course he will ask him about Kenny's email . Chernoff plans to call Randy first( randy won't be avialable till Monday) , then Murray's patients , then detectives , then addiction expert, the last witness will be White. But he indicated he would call someone to testify about MJ's relationship with his family , something to do with proving that when someone told him something he did not want to hear he would block them from his life .

Yes, but I thought the judge had ruled him out as a witness, (till Chernoff mentioned him at the opening).
I guess not. dont really ever remember philips name been mentioned in motions to quash like with grace etok etc.if hes been called either the pros didnt object and the judge over ruled philips own lawyers motion to quash as mentioned above so what happened to the house with 16 acres and a horse. carolwood doesnt fit lol

Not really , why is it bad? Any RESPONSIBLE person would be worried, nervous feel pressured to deliever under such circumstances. Nothing odd, again Chernoff using the FACTS to fit the defense BS theory."Sorry, Soundmind. The last part, according to whom?? Recent articles, i suppose? I have nor read them all yet. "According to Chernoff himself , when he talked about MJ's personality traits!!!

I guess he can call randy and joe about the intervention seeing as their names were mentioned in cross about the going to mjs house

Exactly! I don't quite understand this "Randy is going to throw MJ under the bus" concern. Is Randy Philips personally named in the civil case against AEG? I don't remember. If not, why would he lie to protect a company he works for only? I would not risk being criminally charged just to protect a company that I work for. Even if he's named one of the defendents in the civil case, he should have known by now that the family has no basis and the case will probably be thrown out.

As far as Katherine Jackson - AEG lawsuit goes in my opinion both Paul Gongaware and Kathy Jorrie made it very clear that it was MJ who wanted to hire Murray and they didn't know what treatment Murray was giving and when he was giving. So actually their testimony is not hurtful to their lawsuit with Katherine.

But according to Chernoff MJ would not have been able to complete the shows because he suffered from INABILITY TO SLEEP FOR DAYS. Randy 's testimony is to establish the MJ the in control man , the smart man who knew what he wanted exactly and got what he wanted exactly .He plans to say MJ's big dreams put a massive pressure on him and pushed him to swallow lorazepam "during the last 10 hours" of his life and then when Murray left ,he self injected (bolus injection) and ended his life in a desperate attempt to sleep!!!Randy will testify that MJ agreed to increase the shows to 50 on two conditions. One , he had a house for him and his children with 16 acres and horses. Two , The Guinness Book Of World Records be there to document the historical event ( this is it) . So nothing really to worry about , of course he will ask him about Kenny's email . Chernoff plans to call Randy first( randy won't be avialable till Monday) , then Murray's patients , then detectives , then addiction expert, the last witness will be White. But he indicated he would call someone to testify about MJ's relationship with his family , something to do with proving that when someone told him something he did not want to hear he would block them from his life .

Randy could be used to talk about MJ's health, eating problems, stress, pressure. Probably going with Karen Faye's story and the "riot act", defense will also ask him if they had threatened MJ with pulling the plug if he didn't show up to rehearsals. If Randy confirms this, they can paint MJ as "desperate man".

I guess not. dont really ever remember philips name been mentioned in motions to quash like with grace etok etc.if hes been called either the pros didnt object and the judge over ruled philips own lawyers motion to quash as mentioned above so what happened to the house with 16 acres and a horse. carolwood doesnt fit lol

I remember reading at some point that the house was supposed to be in London, outside of it more specifically.

OK, I'm sorry I got confused he said you will hear stories involving his own family. But re reading that paragraph he was talking about keeping many things secret or private from everyone around him including his family, his bodygaurds , wheels and spokes , packaging relationships ,the same way he treated Murray, he did not tell him about Klein, so I'm really sorry. I thought he mentioned in the paragraph where he defended Murray’s decision to give propofol t bolster his argument that if he said no he would have been fired and was worried no one would have helped MJ.

Michael distanced himself from his family over 20 years ago, so what's the problem if he lived his life and kept his private stuff private?! I HIGHLY doubt Chernoff himself shares every detail of his everyday life with his extended family members such as siblings etc. Who in Michael's family shared their life details with him? To expect him to share his with them?. Since when was Michael married to his relatives to tell them about his daily schedule and each time he farted? I don't get this argument at all. As for keeping stuff secret from bodyguards well duh Chernoff they were mere employees, do you disclose everything with your housekeepe/maid/chef/nanny? SMDH

what does any of that have to do with Murray giving MJ propofol in the house and abandoning him? I really hope Walgren asks everyone of those witnesses that question

@ Ivy , that was established in that voice recording. The jurors heard from MJ himself how large his dreams were and they know by now he was desperate for sleep which is true , his decision to use propofol came out of desperation . Randy won't really admit they read him the riot act, Ortega already denied that and Randy knows the Jacksons r waiting to hear that word from him for their lawsuit. The whole he became desperate that day and he self administered could have been refuted if tests were done on hair samples because I'm sure what happened that day was happening everyday MJ went to sleep under Murray's care and the jurors could have seen for themselves there was nothing special and there was no weaning of and all that BS , but hey Walgren chose this path what can we say !!

As far as Katherine Jackson - AEG lawsuit goes in my opinion both Paul Gongaware and Kathy Jorrie made it very clear that it was MJ who wanted to hire Murray and they didn't know what treatment Murray was giving and when he was giving. So actually their testimony is not hurtful to their lawsuit with Katherine.

Randy could be used to talk about MJ's health, eating problems, stress, pressure. Probably going with Karen Faye's story and the "riot act", defense will also ask him if they had threatened MJ with pulling the plug if he didn't show up to rehearsals. If Randy confirms this, they can paint MJ as "desperate man".

This once again, however, falls on Murray. He was the one who had the job of dealing with Michael's health and eating problems, if he had any. The fact that Murray ignore Michael's health and told anyone who would listen he was fine reflects badly on him. Then again, the defense has been doing allot of things that reflects badly on Murray to prove a point.

Also, as the sleep expert said, Murray didn't do any of the follow-up to deal with Michael's sleep problems if it was indeed due to secondary causes, like stress or anxiety. Murray should had dealt with the stress, if that was causing his sleeping problems, before turning exclusively to drugs and just doing what Michael said. If he didn't do this because he was afraid that Michael would reject him, then he is a poor excuse of a doctor since he chose making Michael happy over his general health an well-being.

Back