October 30, 2007: Michael Jackson News & Mentionings

$23 Million is not for taxes.[/b]
I said for county taxes, colliteral,etc. Matters not, he still OWNS Neverland unless he does not pay it. This happens everyday with people getting behind on these kinds of things but they still come up with the money and keep their property. Some seem to think the man already lost it.

You know what, Michael can always create another 'Neverland' somewhere else, IF he has to end up getting rid of it. I personally look at it as a blessing in disguise--considering Neverland is sitting in the midst of a pit of legalized vipers and crooks in the form of Santa Barbara County government.[/b]

I agree. As much as I hate the idea of him losing Neverland considering all the money he put into building the area of it, it's just an albatross around his neck to keep it if he's really no longer interested in living there. If that's the case, I think he should just put it up for sale himself and use the money to pay everything he owes.

I agree. As much as I hate the idea of him losing Neverland considering all the money he put into building the area of it, it's just an albatross around his neck to keep it if he's really no longer interested in living there.[/b]
I agree. And if he does not pay it, I will then believe he just does NOT want it no more. Michael can get 23 million IF he really wants it.

I agree. And if he does not pay it, I will then believe he just does NOT want it no more. Michael can get 23 million IF he really wants it.[/b]

I agree. But I only hope that things don't get to that point. Michael has more than enough problems right now even without this. And I hate to be blunt. But judging by the way this sounds, there is more to it than just the loan. And it's on its way to getting ugly. So I hope he has the matter well in hand and does something about it.

Someone should contact Raymone Bain to clarify the issue!
If Michael isn't interested in keeping Neverland anymore then he can stop paying!
We'll just have to wait and see...

I don't think Raymone should be contacted about this...I don't think it helps that we also breath down his neck about this

Praying--God bless Michael and prosper him in all his ways. :praying

Well, we'll just have to see what he chooses to do. Its too bad, but he hasn't lived there in nearly 3 years, has he? Its Michael's business. He'll take care of it.

Someone should contact Raymone Bain to clarify the issue!
If Michael isn't interested in keeping Neverland anymore then he can stop paying!
We'll just have to wait and see...[/b]
It really isn't anyone's place to contact Ms. Bain about this.

What's public is public. But, in the end, this is all Michael's business that he will deal with however is best.

The one thing that I know is that he is a true survivor and whether this issue turns out as he wants it to or it doesn't, he will continue to be a survivor.

If I had a piece of property that was the envy of the world and people were trying to put me in prison to get it, and everyone suing me are after it, I would mortgage it to the hilt, making sure i got my money's worth out of it, so that if haters try to get it all they would be getting was a property with a hefty mortgage. Notice that since it was clear that there was a huge loan on it, no one has gone on tv to talk about getting Neverland. wasn't Schaffel and Dieter after it, I bet they don't want it no more since it has a large mortgage on it.

Well, this latest piece of news contradicts all other reports that said Michael has "already sold" Neverland.....so this proves that he still owns it and is supposed to be paying for it..... :mello:

Please don't lose it Michael...don't let them win. :([/b]
I think we should all not become emotional about Michael Jackson's
private financial dealings. Properties, like Neverland, are financial assets and
should be used in a manner that are best for Michael and his children.
:flowers:

if it wasn't for the craziness in Britney's life.. the media would be living for this for weeks.... but I am sure... Michael will get through this..

Final Warning: Ok everyone STOP right where you are at please! I didn't intentionally decide to post this if you didn't read my explation as to why I did it, then please do so. I also didn't intend for RF to be discussed about it also. I know it's hard not to discuss his tabloid ish but this is coming from proof of the court papers. I had to make a decision as to post it are not for the simple fact as it being news. This is a news thread and when things like this either good or bad is being reported we here at MJJF and MJJC (in the future) strive to post the most accurate news and to my knowledge it's news we don't want to read but it was necessary to post because it will be in the news spot regardless.

Please STOP posting about RF being right or what not about RF. He IS banned from being discussed and that is what we are doing we are discussing him. Let's just be on topic and discuss the article and/or the court papers at hand and NOT RF!

I hope everything turns out well.
I would hate to see him loose it, and if he decides to let it go I am shore he has his reasons.
Neverland is both his home and a symbolic place, but due to everything that has happened I can understand if he finally let it go and start fresh. Some times letting go is nessecary, in order to grow and develop something new.
But I by choice, not being forced to do that.

I'm sure Michael will handle this in the best interest of himself and his family. If he really wanted anything to do with Neverland, Michael will still be living there. Neverland is no longer the home it once was pre-trial era. After the raid, it's no longer a home and can one blame the way he feels about Neverland. However, my only concern is how this might affect his credit. Because if he decides to remain in the states and choses to purchase another property in the not so distant future, he would want to show that he's responsible enough to pay off loans, debts, etc. I actually thought that he owned the property or am I missing something here. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks. But my prayers are with Michael and I'm sure this will work itself out. This to shall pass. Love you Michael.

I'm sure Michael will handle this in the best interest of himself and his family. If he really wanted anything to do with Neverland, Michael will still be living there. Neverland is no longer the home it once was pre-trial era. After the raid, it's no longer a home and can one blame the way he feels about Neverland. However, my only concern is how this might affect his credit. Because if he decides to remain in the states and choses to purchase another property in the not so distant future, he would want to show that he's responsible enough to pay off loans, debts, etc. I actually thought that he owned the property or am I missing something here. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.[/b]

I happen to agree with this. If the police invaded my private space like that, I wouldn't want to live there anymore either....

You know to be fair with y'all, I think Michael was tired of the place after all that mess. He finally could be saying "eff it" since he's still in DC (or whereabouts, he's been incognito from media reports). We don't know but this is just how I look at it. But we truly don't really "know", now do we? No. It's all a confusing situation for him.

i already know of the news a couple of days ago . news sources say he was not able to meet the deadline set to pay his loan with fortress music trust in the amount of 20M and since his neverlandranch was used as a collateral, he now risks losing it if mj is unable to pay the 20M plus 212,963.83 interest within 90 days. this is on top of another lien on the property by marc schaffel.

i did not post it at once and waited this long to react on it bec. i was trying to sense if anybody has ever picked it up and frankly, i was too sad to post it. michael has too much problems financially and all of these-unpaid legal fees, defaulted loans are real. i don't think he has decided to deliberately lose neverland ranch as some would like to think, he is just cash-strapped-plain and simple. he wouldn't be stupid as to discredit himself by not paying if he has the money.

the only way MJ can get out of his financial quagmire is to make music again. as fans, this is the best way we can help him-- to continue patronizing him. he only has to make music again! we can do the rest!

I'm sure Michael will handle this in the best interest of himself and his family. If he really wanted anything to do with Neverland, Michael will still be living there. Neverland is no longer the home it once was pre-trial era. After the raid, it's no longer a home and can one blame the way he feels about Neverland. However, my only concern is how this might affect his credit. Because if he decides to remain in the states and choses to purchase another property in the not so distant future, he would want to show that he's responsible enough to pay off loans, debts, etc. I actually thought that he owned the property or am I missing something here. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks. But my prayers are with Michael and I'm sure this will work itself out. This to shall pass. Love you Michael.[/b]

***acting like a giddy Marvin fan***
"HE SHOULD MOVE TO BELGIUM!!!! F**K TAXES! :wild: "

Just kidding. :lol: But seriously, I think this will be less of a burden if he decides to let the guys foreclose on it. But what I can't understand - and I know you guys will give me a history lesson about his money but anyway - is how one man sell over 100 million records and got stock, however percentage of a extensive music catalog and yet ain't found time to pay mortgages on Neverland? I'm sounding like TLC when Lisa Lopes (Left Eye) broke it down how they can sell 10 million records and be broke.

i already know of the news a couple of days ago . news sources say he was not able to meet the deadline set to pay his loan with fortress music trust in the amount of 20M and since his neverlandranch was used as a collateral, he now risks losing it if mj is unable to pay the 20M plus 212,963.83 interest within 90 days. this is on top of another lien on the property by marc schaffel.

i did not post it at once and waited this long to react on it bec. i was trying to sense if anybody has ever picked it up and frankly, i was too sad to post it. michael has too much problems financially and all of these-unpaid legal fees, defaulted loans are real. i don't think he has decided to deliberately lose neverland ranch as some would like to think, he is just cash-strapped-plain and simple. he wouldn't be stupid as to discredit himself by not paying if he has the money.

the only way MJ can get out of his financial quagmire is to make music again. as fans, this is the best way we can help him-- to continue patronizing him. he only has to make music again! we can do the rest![/b]

****** said he had like 90 days left so that's how many days into the New Year... Michael... :shifty: :lol:

m sure michael;s legal team can come up with a band-aid solution so as not to lose neverland ranch b4 the time set is up...

m sure michael;s legal team can come up with a band-aid solution so as not to lose neverland ranch b4 the time set is up...[/b]

Rumors did speculate MJ could renegotiate his stock in the ATV catalog to pay the reins of the house so who knows... lol.

Ok, then....

It appears the 90 day foreclosure period begans either Oct 12 or Oct 22. Either way, come the middle of January 2008, if we don't see the media out at Neverland taking video footage of that red foreclosure sign on the gates of Neverland, we will know that Michael paid his bill and still owns the place.

And I am sorry, but I don't believe in every document that I see from the media. Yes, this document can be true. But it can also be fake.

Has anyone checked the Santa Barbara court house or website to see if it is in there? I will go and do a search and check.

If MJ were to sell neverland, he would have done it a while ago i think. We don't know what his attitudes are towards it now. Who knows. i think we should stop speculating.

I personally think he should unload the ranch. He hasn't lived in it since the trial, it's been nothing but a disaster for him in regards to the allegations, it's been the butt of jokes, and it's costing him thousands into the millions of dollars. Sell off the rides, donate the animals to a zoo, move all the personal effects out of the house and sell the thing as a house with farm land. Use the money on that to pay off some other debts.

Michael can easily build a new ranch somewhere else. Right now you got to think Michael has music on his mind more than that ranch.....maybe for the last 2 years for that matter.

I'm gonna wait for someone who knows what they're talking about to come in here and tell us whats up.

If Michael is at risk of losing the ranch, then its not as though he can sell it, if he hasn't paid off the mortgage or whatever. I thought he owned it outright, but I guess not.

I don't believe jack all about him not being able to make a payment towards his loan with Fortress. The money going into his NH Trust is being directly transfered towards making those loan payments, so I don't see how he could "miss" making those.

$23 Million is not for taxes.[/b]
There are property taxes here in the state of California that as a property owner you have to pay, either the taxes are built into your monthly mortgage payment or you still must pay it separately. The lender can also foreclosed on your loans if you are in foreclosure. I pray that he can save it if that is what he has decided to do.

Back