Official Charts Thread For ''Michael''

Michael keeps slipping down the UK I tunes album chart, now #5. :(

On a separate note, just listening to the whole Off The Wall album and my god, this is what you call an MJ album. If this came out now, itd be #1 in a shot. X factor or no X factor Sorry to go slightly of topic.

Michael keeps slipping down the UK I tunes album chart, now #5. :(

On a separate note, just listening to the whole Off The Wall album and my god, this is what you call an MJ album. If this came out now, itd be #1 in a shot. X factor or no X factor Sorry to go slightly of topic.

That is what you call a MJ album from 70's. We are living 10's now.

Being #5 on iTunes in the evening doesn't mean that much. If the album is shipped well all around the country it will sell pretty well.

I dont' really Care about US sales Because Michael has WorldWide Sales The US Is another Place Just Like anywhere else He only stopped touring Here ANdI dont Blame Him the want to see him fail

I want Michael Jackson to be #1 in the US. All his fans excluding you and the whole list of boycotts around the whole wide world would like that. Why not? Why not have him #1 any and everywhere. :no:

Where's the actual CD? I have it on pre-order with amazon.com and it has shipped but I'm so impatient that I drove to Walmart and Target and they don't have it. Only online. So to get my hands on it, I'd have to drive all the way to a mall or to Best Buy.

It's weird because Walmart had a huge display for TII movie and now they don't even have the CD.:scratch:

Last edited:
He's going onto charts, he's going onto charts tonight, he's going onto chart, he's going onto charts, he's going onto charts tonight, he's going onto charts, he's going onto charts tonight? It's true that he can never ever have that chance again?

LMAO... you are very funny today!

Where's the actual CD? I have in on pre-order with amazon.com and it has shipped but I'm so impatient that I drove to Walmart and Target and they don't have it. Only online. So to get my hands on it, I'd have to drive all the way to a mall or to Best Buy.

It's weird because Walmart had a huge display for TII movie and now they don't even have the CD.:scratch:

I didn't pre-oder. I never had intention to do so. I saw the sold out online on wal mart. I usually buy at Best Buy..But I went to my local Wal Mart last night and they had plenty in the new release shelf.

Where's the actual CD? I have in on pre-order with amazon.com and it has shipped but I'm so impatient that I drove to Walmart and Target and they don't have it. Only online. So to get my hands on it, I'd have to drive all the way to a mall or to Best Buy.

Speaking of display, I went to Best Buy last night and saw no prominent display at all. The Best Buy I went to is in Manhattan, near Rockefeller Center. There is a lot of foot traffic in that store; yet, there is absolutely no promotion.

The album is placed next to Taylor Swift's albums in the "best seller" section.

I'm not sure what to make of the lack of promotion. Here in ireland there is very little promo. Not even a banner on itunes, no posters or displays in the main music stores and v little on the radio. I've heard hold my hand once ontbe radio and when i search for the video for hold my hand on my iphone on youtube it is impossible to find.

The anti US talk on here stops now. This is about the official charts of 'Michael', not an opportunity to slag off America. This isn't about 'Michael didn't tour there after Bad' blah blah blah. Remain on topic please everyone.

I'm not sure what to make of the lack of promotion. Here in ireland there is very little promo. Not even a banner on itunes, no posters or displays in the main music stores and v little on the radio. I've heard hold my hand once ontbe radio and when i search for the video for hold my hand on my iphone on youtube it is impossible to find.

I know, it's a disaster. No promo at all for Michael and take that are bloody everywhere, surely there should be an age limit for being in a boy group. HMH completely flopped here, didn't even make top 30 did it and Michael is only 20 on itunes.

The point of Michael being #1 in USA is for that same exact reason. Because he was dogged, and crapped on in USA. If he reaches #1 there then he has floored the USA critics, and that would be amazing!!!!!

Never said It wouldn't be great I could care Less In general About sales I wish the album MUCH SUCCESS EVERYWHERE IM NOT PRESSED I DID MY PART AS I STATED. i dont get caught up in the hype of sales Because I By His Music and Support his legacy Period

god Bless the whole entire world and all the fans that love and support MICHAEL JACKSON

NEW JACKSON MAKES IT SONY IN DECEMBER

Stringer and Barnett Will Have Five of Top Six, with Jackson, Boyle, Glee, Evancho and R. Kelly

December 15, 2010

You know it’s that time of year when Michael Jackson rises again.

Epic’s MICHAEL, the late superstar’s second official posthumous release (after last year’s This Is It soundtrack), hit retail Tuesday, and first-week sales estimates are now between 225-250k for the album.

That would put the Moonwalker in a vigorous three-horse race with Sony stable mate Susan Boyle’s still-reigning The Gift and Big Machine frisky colt Taylor Swift’s Speak Now for #1 on next week’s HITS Top 50 sales chart.

Those totals are based on one-day sales reports from those hardy music retailers who haven’t abandoned their stores to set up Christmas tree lots.

The next three positions are all Team Stringer/Barnett acts, too, with Columbia’s Glee Cast Christmas and Jackie Evancho albums vying with Jive/JLG’s debuting R. Kelly, with estimates for the latter in the 150-160k range, which would beat most industry forecasts, as the veteran R&B superstar tends to do. That would give Sony five of the top six albums on next week’s chart.

Next highest debut comes from Bad Boy/Interscope’s Diddy Dirty Money, the latest project from P. Diddy, which would seem to be in the 60-65k range after an appearance several weeks ago on Saturday Night Live.

American Idol alumnus Crystal Bowersox’s 19/Jive/JLG debut is on target for 45-50k, with Atlantic’s Tank aiming for 40-45k and Jive/JLG’s Ciara between 35-40k.

Last 2010 release date is Tuesday, with Geffen’s Keyshia Cole, J/RMG’s Jamie Foxx and Interscope’s Keri Hilson the remaining big names on the schedule.

The market was up 11% vs. last week, down 15% vs. same week last year and still down 13% year to date.

Now please excuse us while we get rotten, stinking drunk at the office holiday party and completely embarrass ourselves by throwing up all over the copy machine.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news08337

All I can say is this: All Michael Jackson fans in the US please get out to stores over the next 4 days and buy that album! MJ is in a 3-way race for #1 with Susan Boyle and Taylor Swift. He can do this, a difference of 5,000 albums can make a huge difference. Come on everyone let's do it for Michael!!

I brought 7 at wal mart In west palm beach fl near Airport they were playing the Heck Out of "Hollywood tonight" and Yes I was Dancing and moonwalking lol

I think all is about promotion from the fans too, look at amazon.com, its horrible now, hopefully MJ has still 4 stars but so many fake talk with 1 star.

Just to remind you that the HMH VIDEO on youtube is getting 1 000 000 views/day

Now at 6 243 456 views since Dec 9th.

please spread this word :

if this album is number 1 in USA this week, MJ will be the first artist ever to be n°1 in 4 decades !

please, stop the hate just few days and give MJ a new World Wide record !!!

I don't know if this will help,but it is promo.
Click this link:
http://www.wkee.com/main.html
And in the Right hand corner you'll see on air now - Send email request. Send in "Hold My Hand" - Michael - Michael Jackson ft. Akon for air play.

:wub:

Back