Official Charts Thread For ''Michael''

UPDATE

Michael's album is now on the top ten charts of All (Itunes top ten albums) for one week now.

#1 in 7 countries - Germany, Denmark, Greece, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Spain, Switzerland

#2 in 3 countries - US, Austria, Canada, Norway

#3 in 4 co...untries - UK, Australia, Belgium, Finland, Italy

#4 in 3 countries -? France, Netherlands, Sweden

#5 in Portugal

MJ's album was out of stock in Walmart yesterday! Go US and Canada. We can make him #1! He's been #1 in the World!

now for all those people out there do not tell me he will not be number 1 and remember those are only Itunes sales!!!!!!

GO MJ GO MJ GO

Just so everyone knows.

Hold My Hand as of Dec 9th was #30 on Canada's Radio Airplay charts

and #41 in Digital Downloads

New charts will be updated tomorrow evening.

The DJ at one of my local station just answered my request for "Hold My Hand" and played it :)

The DJ at one of my local station just answered my request for "Hold My Hand" and played it :)

You are awesome!!:clapping:

This is the kind of stuff I was looking forward to. My personal life is so stressful and I used to just love coming here and cheering for Michael. Now when I leave here I feel so very sad...

HMH is steadly going up the US itunes charts...its now @ #30. Honestly, I think the album will debute @ # 1 with 310k

why do you feel so
have been down since I saw US sales projections
i hope it debuts on top

why do you feel so
have been down since I saw US sales projections
i hope it debuts on top
I don't really have any inside information, I just think that with Hit's daily double's recent projections being off to almost entirely wrong...MJ still has a chance. Of curse my earlier prediction was lowered (it was originaly 400k -420k) but I still think it has a chance.

I don't really have any inside information, I just think that with Hit's daily double's recent projections being off to almost entirely wrong...MJ still has a chance. Of curse my earlier prediction was lowered (it was originaly 400k -420k) but I still think it has a chance.

^^ i have to agree let's wait for neilson soundscan estimates b/c hit daily double said that rihanna new album would sell around 180,000 first week and nelsion soundscan it was over 200,000 they were also off on kanye west and nicki minaj album sales estimiates a bit

vqig4h.jpg

Again!!

People, don't despair. Yes, the first week sales will likely not be what we all expected, but they are not everything. The most important thing is for the album to have legs and stick on the charts for as long as it can. Hopefully the second single will be better accepted and promoted and will give the album a boost.

Many albums don't start too great with the first single not being very successful, but then a second or even a third single becomes a hit and the album gets a big boost (even Thriller was like that).

Sure it won't be easy without Michael here to promote his songs, but you keep requesting them. Hopefully radio will embrace the second single -- Sony should release an up tempo track, since this is what radio seems to like these days.

The official official numbers wont come from hitsdailydouble but from billboard on Wednesday (so in exactly 1 week)

The hitsdailydouble will be a good estimation but we all know the race will be close so we need really official numbers to be sure MJ is #1 or 2 or 3.. !

People, don't despair. Yes, the first week sales will likely not be what we all expected, but they are not everything. The most important thing is for the album to have legs and stick on the charts for as long as it can. Hopefully the second single will be better accepted and promoted and will give the album a boost.

Many albums don't start too great with the first single not being very successful, but then a second or even a third single becomes a hit and the album gets a big boost (even Thriller was like that).

Sure it won't be easy without Michael here to promote his songs, but you keep requesting them. Hopefully radio will embrace the second single -- Sony should release an up tempo track, since this is what radio seems to like these days.

Exactly.

I think album songs are that potentional even if it wouldn't be #1 right away there's still chance. But imo it will be #1 in the US.

Calotte12;3139564 said:
The official official numbers wont come from hitsdailydouble but from billboard on Wednesday (so in exactly 1 week)

The hitsdailydouble will be a good estimation but we all know the race will be close so we need really official numbers to be sure MJ is #1 or 2 or 3.. !

Billboard is confirming Hits daily double projection

Jackson, Boyle, Swift Battling For No. 1 On Next Week's Chart
December 15, 2010 12:00 EST – Record Labels | Global | Digital & Mobile | Retail | Rock & Pop | Country | R&B/Hip-Hop

By Keith Caulfield

The No. 1 spot on the Billboard 200 albums chart next week is seemingly up for grabs, as three albums are possibly vying for the penthouse.

Michael Jackson's new posthumous "Michael" set may move around 200,000 to 225,000 by week's end on Dec. 19, according to industry sources. But, Susan Boyle's current No. 1, "The Gift," could also sell around as many copies (if not more), as could Taylor Swift's former chart-topper "Speak Now."

Jackson's last release, the "This Is It" compilation soundtrack, started at No. 1 a little over a year ago with 373,000, according to Nielsen SoundScan. However, it's difficult to compare the sales fortunes of "Michael" to "This Is It" because they are such different projects. The former is a much-discussed assemblage of new recordings coming nearly a year-and-a-half after his death. On the flip side, "This Is It" was essentially a greatest hits collection, released in conjunction with the popular concert documentary film.

Next week's second-biggest debut will probably come from R. Kelly's "Love Letter," which is aiming for a start around 160,000. That should be enough to secure the R&B icon his 13th top 10 album. A year ago, he arrived at No. 4 with "Untitled," shifting 114,000.

Diddy Dirty Money's "Last Train to Paris" might roll into the top 15 with possibly 60,000 to 70,000. Diddy last took a bow on the list in 2006 when his "Press Play" entered at No. 1 with 170,000.

Other new albums on tap for a significant debut next week include 2010 "American Idol" runner-up Crystal Bowersox's "Farmer's Daughter" (45,000 to 50,000), Tank's "Now Or Never" (perhaps 40,000 to 45,000) and Ciara's "Basic Instinct" (30,000 to 40,000). For you "Idol"-watchers, Bowersox's first-week will likely exceed that of Lee DeWyze, the fellow she lost to. His "Live It Up" debut started with 39,000 at No. 19 a few weeks ago. (DeWyze's set earned the smallest start for an "Idol" champ's first post-show album.)

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/indu...e-swift-battling-for-no-1-on-1004134743.story

Billboard is confirming Hits daily double projection

Billboard use HDD's projections.

WE will have a clearer idea on Friday on where things stand.

I still say the Jacksons are to blame for this mess. They made up the controversy out of greed & jealousy.

They derailed Sony's original plan of releasing 2 singles to promote the album ...

People need not blame boycotters...there are not enough of them to make such a hug impact. The sad fact is, promotion started very late, we don't have a hit single (TII had a good movie supporting it), no radio airplay and the constant talk of fake vocals.

The new album hasn't register in the general public's mind yet. Even casual fans who did not follow the drama didn't know about "Michael".

You'd be surprised how many people told me they weren't aware of a new album.

So i put the blame squarely in the Jacksons' corner. And I think they should be dealt with accordingly....once the new album wraps up.

^^ I know promotion is almost non- existent but fans boycotting are affecting the sales a lot as well. if you visits non MJ fan forums you'll see threads asking people if the vocals are fake on some tracks and MJ fans would be telling/encouraging casual fans not to buy the album because of fake vocals bla bla.since it's a posthumous release word of mouth is extremely important but unfortunately for this release it's been terrible.

^^ I know promotion is almost non- existent but fans boycotting are affecting the sales a lot as well. if you visits non MJ fan forums you'll see threads asking people if the vocals are fake on some tracks and MJ fans would be telling/encouraging casual fans not to buy the album because of fake vocals bla bla.since it's a posthumous release word of mouth is extremely important but unfortunately for this release it's been terrible.

THese people are evil..I can understand not personally supporting the album..why do they need to go on a campaign to discourage others who might want the album?

And they are calling themselves fans?

They are unstable starting with Karen faye and her cronies.

Billboard use HDD's projections.

WE will have a clearer idea on Friday on where things stand.

I still say the Jacksons are to blame for this mess. They made up the controversy out of greed & jealousy.

They derailed Sony's original plan of releasing 2 singles to promote the album ...

People need not blame boycotters...there are not enough of them to make such a hug impact. The sad fact is, promotion started very late, we don't have a hit single (TII had a good movie supporting it), no radio airplay and the constant talk of fake vocals.

The new album hasn't register in the general public's mind yet. Even casual fans who did not follow the drama didn't know about "Michael".

You'd be surprised how many people told me they weren't aware of a new album.

So i put the blame squarely in the Jacksons' corner. And I think they should be dealt with accordingly....once the new album wraps up.
I agree with you.

THese people are evil..I can understand not personally supporting the album..why do they need to go on a campaign to discourage others who might want the album?

And they are calling themselves fans?

They are unstable starting with Karen faye and her cronies.
I know right, I tell u this album was sabotaged by no one else but those Jackson's, if they don't get a piece of the pie they don't want anyone else to get it. Highly jealous people, I pity on those who actually support them and tried/still try to sabotage i.g. boycott the album. At the end of the day, the failure of this album will hurt no one else but Michael and his legacy only, but I guess they (those ''fans'' yelling 'fake' from the top of their lungs) haven't thought about that yet.

Last edited:
Considering some of the jacksons believe there are fake tracks, has anyone heard of impending court action against Sony? I know if someone was trying it on with a member of my family, deceased or not, I'd be trying to do something about it.

Billboards projections are actually lower than HDD. Billboard is predicting 200,000 to 225,000 while HDD said it would be 225,000 to 250,000. Realistically, Boyle will sell 230,000 this week so MJ must beat that number!!

I-Tunes Chart Update:

#1- Switzerland, Spain, New Zealand, Luxembourg, Greece, Denmark, Germany

#2- US, Canada, Austria, Norway

#3- Italy, Finland, Belgium, Australia, UK

#4- Sweden, Netherlands, France

#5- Portgual

Considering some of the jacksons believe there are fake tracks, has anyone heard of impending court action against Sony? I know if someone was trying it on with a member of my family, deceased or not, I'd be trying to do something about it.

Perhaps it is not a good moment to do so at this point, money-wise, because it would be an obstacle before sales. At a later point, when the album stops selling, then hopefully they will do something legally (and certainly get some more profit out of it)

Exactly. I honestly believe half of this is just fans that were mislead and now won't admit they were wrong. I have the album and i know it is 100% Michael and all these so called fans would know this too if they could only forget about that one tweet by a jealous family member and use some common sense.

The Jackson's won't go to court! Their court is twitter and the judges are the people that believe in their sayings as Karen Faye does the same!
Have you seen Katherine even bother with these issues? No!
Instead, she is moving to a rented house because Encino is being renovated!
I really believe that we are not worthy of listening to any other new or unreleased material because we cannot learn to appreciate what's given to us!

Back