Official Charts Thread For ''Michael''

I honestly cannot believe some of the things I have read here lately. It makes me so sad to see this all. What happened to us all the past year?

Some of the fans drifted away and went wrecked. The biggest reasons why so is that some people still don't want to accept he is passed away. To me he is not gone even thou he passed away. He will be always in my heart and that's why I support his works. I have to say if one of the songs on his album he sounded like a monkey I would still support his works because I think they really try to make it work like he would have wanted.

Some people here are really making me sad. It's like nobody loves Michael anymore. Everyone is just BLA BLA BLA.

The general public are actually recieving this well but the fans are being horrible. What the...??

Do you remember when we all stood as a family and actually got along?

I dont understand that you dont understand the answer we have given you believers for weeks now

No, it contains the physical album sales too. The album was officially released in stores already on Friday (actually I bought my copy already on Thursday, I guess they put it on the shelf too early).

But I'm pretty sure the album will be higher on the chart next week because they have started to promote it now. :) The biggest radio channel in Finland (NRJ) is gonna promote the album and play the new songs this weekend and they have contests where people can win the new album. They will play only Michael's music for an hour on Saturday (at 17:00-18:00) and Sunday (at 14:00-15:00)!

(Here is a link to the web radio if someone wants to listen to the broadcast on weekend :) http://nettiradio.nrj.fi/ad.php?play=1)

Thanks! Whole weekend of MJ yay!

I think NRJ has done quite much promotion for Michael, compared to other radio stations or even tv. Nice!

Here is some good and bad news, Hold my Hand is #15 on the US iTunes charts and Tron the soundtrack is now #1 and R. Kelly has moved down to 3 and Michael is 4.

Michael Jackson’s new album “MICHAEL” has entered the official Irish album charts @ no.18.

Meanwhile, Michael continues to enjoy further success across Europe – as the King Of Pop goes No.1 in Sweden and Denmark.

Moonwalker.Fan;3143682 said:
Michael Jackson’s new album “MICHAEL” has entered the official Irish album charts @ no.18.

Meanwhile, Michael continues to enjoy further success across Europe – as the King Of Pop goes No.1 in Sweden and Denmark.

There was no promo here at all, most people don't know there is a new album out. 18 is really bad here as sales are very low in Ireland,Michaels Number ones has randomly charted higher than that this year.

the media over here are already calling Michael's 'posthumous comeback' a worldwide flop, very well done.

the media over here are already calling Michael's 'posthumous comeback' a worldwide flop, very well done.

And of course the fans are squarely blamed for that..Not the group of people who put "Questionable" songs on the album :sigh:

I bought the album, but I can personally totally understand why people wouldn't buy it themselves.

Moonwalker.Fan;3143682 said:

Okay just checked, number ones was at no 16 at the end of July, doesn't make sense that this is selling so bad, i think HMH dissapearing nearly before it was even released had something to do with it. I doubt it was played 10 times in this country so what had people to go on, it is a bit much to expect people to blindly buy an album they don't know one song on.

they are? well I don't think 200,000 is bad at all considering the current music scene. Folks who are alive can't even sell albums. Look at Katie Perry, Rihanna, even the very talented Christina Aguilera. Their cd sells were terrible even though Rihanna and Katie are ruling the airwaves. Sony should've waited for this cd instead of rushing it out by Christmas or at least found a good first danceable single to release first. Hold My Hand is bland and it was bland when it leaked in 2008

There was no promo here at all, most people don't know there is a new album out. 18 is really bad here as sales are very low in Ireland,Michaels Number ones has randomly charted higher than that this year.

I think that generally people are "informed" enough about the Michael album.

Well, I have been afraid of this.... for a long time....:*****:

Its very suspicious..., I dont get it. Oh... I do..., the anti-fake-Michael campaign (created with Howard Mann and co.) and anti-Cascio songs groups have done this ... very well...

I have never seen such a psycho album campaign for Michael Jackson, in fact for any artist...

but ok, history will remember this.

Okay just checked, number ones was at no 16 at the end of July, doesn't make sense that this is selling so bad, i think HMH dissapearing nearly before it was even released had something to do with it. I doubt it was played 10 times in this country so what had people to go on, it is a bit much to expect people to blindly buy an album they don't know one song on.

HMH was not a good first single. I love Mike to death but when I first heard it 2 years ago I said that wasn't a good single to release first. It was filler music to me. If Akon was trying to help MJ make a comeback, he should've went for the dance, fun music like he did with Gwen Stefani or even Lady Gaga

And of course the fans are squarely blamed for that..Not the group of people who put "Questionable" songs on the album :sigh:

I bought the album, but I can personally totally understand why people wouldn't buy it themselves.

There are no questionable songs on this album and if you think there are well then you must think there questionable songs on every michael album. The reason it hasn't top the charts in someplaces is because of a badly planned advertising campaign by Sony, the fans who boycotted it probably number in the 100s, a 1000 maximum, this has hardly made any difference to the overall sales. We have to remember it is still early days and Sony might be planning a prolonged campaign with this one..

There are no questionable songs on this album and if you think there are well then you must think there questionable songs on every michael album. The reason it hasn't top the charts in someplaces is because of a badly planned advertising campaign by Sony, the fans who boycotted it probably number in the 100s, a 1000 maximum, this has hardly made any difference to the overall sales. We have to remember it is still early days and Sony might be planning a prolonged campaign with this one..

Huh? Why would I think questionable songs are on every album? You honestly think that I would think a song released on an official studio album released in his lifetime would ever be considered questionable to me? :lol: Yeah ok there.

There's a reason why most of the discussion on these forums has been about the Cascio tracks. Lots of people were suspicious let's say. If you don't think something like that affects the overall sales... :lol:

Who knows what Sony has planned for the promotion. Maybe they think Teddy doing a whole bunch of interviews and posting weird messages online is enough.

Huh? Why would I think questionable songs are on every album? You honestly think that I would think a song released on an official studio album released in his lifetime would ever be considered questionable to me? :lol: Yeah ok there.

There's a reason why most of the discussion on these forums has been about the Cascio tracks. Lots of people were suspicious let's say. If you don't think something like that affects the overall sales... :lol:

Who knows what Sony has planned for the promotion.

Yes but the lots of people wouldn't add up to a 1000 so no i don't think ye really had anything to do with how it charted. Ye all have built a campaign based on one tweet, a lot of you even convinced yourselves it wasn't Michael after original not questioning it. The truth is, like it or not, that if there had been no tweets when BN came out you would all be loving it, the reason for this is because it is Michael. This is all common sense but don't let common sense and logic get in the way of drama and conspiracy.

Yes but the lots of people wouldn't add up to a 1000 so no i don't think ye really had anything to do with how it charted. Ye all have built a campaign based on one tweet, a lot of you even convinced yourselves it wasn't Michael after original not questioning it. The truth is, like it or not, that if there had been no tweets when BN came out you would all be loving it, the reason for this is because it is Michael. This is all common sense but don't let common sense and logic get in the way of drama and conspiracy.

I bought the album though, so personally, I prefer logic and common sense over everything..and also..I don't consider this album to be a "flop", yeah it probably should be doing a lot better, but if you put the albums success or lack of success all on the fans, rather the the *yawn* promotion, and Sony+Estate for choosing these tracks...Then I just think that's not the way to do it...all that does is divide us...To me, this album sells more than doubled and is #1 everywhere without these Cascio tracks, all my opinion of course. The album itself is quite good..usually good music sells a lot, but since it's not, there's some obvious reason's why it's not doing as well it should be.

This is ridiculous. Michael will go Top 5 in almost every country in the world (several of these at number one) and the album has been out for a week.... and still many of you call it a flop. Lets see in 3 month time. Way to early to conclude anything. So far its actually looking ok.:clapping:

This is ridiculous. Michael will go Top 5 in almost every country in the world (several of these at number one) and the album has been out for a week.... and still many of you call it a flop. Lets see in 3 month time. Way to early to conclude anything. So far its actually looking ok.:clapping:

Especially in the internet Era,your right it's way to early to tell honestly ;)

I agree it's not a flop, far from it but the media look at nearly everything after thriller and try to claim it is a flop for Michaels standards. They could have removed the cascio tracks but why would they when they know they are authentic, if they were to remove songs every time a family member disputed they could never release an album. It's funny how so many fans were happy to believe his nephew but nobody took any heed of Lie toya back when she made here allegations.

It's not a flop by any standards but what can you do if the artist isn't here to promote it. It's hard at the end of the day. Do I think Sony should have tried harder with the promotion, yes, but I understand that without the artist around they are limited in what they can do.

If they would release Monster as a single with video, it would give it a major boost. Don't give up people.

It's not a flop by any standards but what can you do if the artist isn't here to promote it. It's hard at the end of the day. Do I think Sony should have tried harder with the promotion, yes, but I understand that without the artist around they are limited in what they can do.

I agree,, it's good considering MJ isn't here anymore. Selling 200,000 copies is very good in this internet/downloading era.

So, it didn't chart in the US at all? Is it that you need a full week or what?

When will we know charts for Germany? I think MICHAEL will be number one there..

Topflux, you need a full week. We won't know where he really charted in the US until Tuesday.

Topflux, you need a full week. We won't know where he really charted in the US until Tuesday.

Well, isn't it obvious he will be X-mas #1 then? Because of all the pre-orders and digital sales?

I would really love it if they release Hollywood Tonight as the second single. It's a song that most of the fans will support for it's a wonderful song and it's 1000% Michael. And I don't mean to be a negative poster, but let's face it: Monster will just make the division among fans even worst, for we all know there are issues about it, whatever your opinions are about the Cascio tracks.

Pity.

Back