'Official Michael Jackson Opus' (All Threads Merged)

With all due respect that is pathetic. First of all what makes you think he's a poor guy for being at work at 9pm? He's CEO and they work when they have to. Secondly, he offered to be nice to you, give you a call and explain everything personally, but instead of being nice you rather want to be angry and annoyed with him. Excuse me? LOL. Are you scared he actually might have a very rational explanation for everything and therefore you would not have any reasons to be pissed off at him or Opus anymore?

Yes, there's been mistakes done and things has not worked smoothly with Opus but I am sure they have been doing their best, considering this is not their first book. It's a bummer the thing with Reality Card didn't go like it was planned, but in my opinion it's silly to call them scam artists because of that... especially when you refuse to listen to their explanation.

wow really there's no need to be so rude to me. and i never said anything to him that would signify that i was 'pissed off' or 'annoyed' with him directly. i was polite. in fact i felt bad that he said i was 'angry' because i wasn't i just wanted to know where the opus reality was. and i don't refuse to listen to their explaination, i just wished he'd told me in the email. especially as i have emailed them so many times since christmas and not had a reply regarding the reality card. but anyway, i have better things to do than have someone insult me on the internet, so...

Anyone got any updates on the Reality thing??????

No...

I think I might start sending emails to that Karl guy. To be honest, I really don't need the reality card, I'm happy with the book as it is. I just don't like being mis-sold anything or being ripped off. And I really think we have been ripped off. The reality card was a HUGE selling point for this book and a lot of us may have bought the product just for the 'reality experience' alone. Heading quickly towards 8 months later and most of us still haven't been sent it. I would like an explanation why.

Can any one please tell me what this reality card thing is? Because I don't think I had gotten one with my Opus book. And I was one of the fans that had pre order that book.

you have to send them e-mails to request for the card unfortunately.i finally got mine after i emailed them for the third time.

Is what you got sent an actual reality card or just a postcard?

What you get is a normal looking postcard, but with the combination of the card, webcam and Opus site if would have become a 3D experience and that's why the card is called Reality Card. The card alone does nothing.

I haven't dipped in here for ages! I got my Opus the day after St. Stephen's Day last year and was delighted with it, the delivery man made it up through the snow thank God! I got my reality card and a PAIR of gloves about two weeks later, I emailed a guy called Dipesh and he posted them and I got them within 48 hours... The card is a still of Michael from the Bad Tour.

The "Extra" link for the reality site still works, but the draw of "Opus Reality" has been removed from the website, you need to know the link to go to it... I wonder has Opus Reality been shelved altogether?

I would like to know the same thing.
NOTHING has appeared all this year.
We were supposed to get the print as compensation for our late deliveries---in Australia---but NOTHING.
Not so much that I need the print---just the principle of it all---a promise, that NEVER happened.
Dawn

i emailed that karl guy and he says

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for your email. Iam sorry that you are angry. Perhaps you will allow me to call you personally to explain this. Is there a tel number I can call you on and a time tommorow that is suitable for you?

Best
Karl
Karl Fowler
CEO
Kraken Opus

firstly, i am pathetic and feel really guilty that he replied to me at nearly 9pm. poor guy shouldn't be in work lol and secondly i don't wanna talk to him in person cos if i do i will be a total pushover and won't be annoyed with him. raar! just email me your explaination karl. lol

Well if he's in the USA at that time, then it would only be 4:00pm!!!!!

Shout out to my fellow AUSSIES! I got an e-mail on 23 December 2009 which said:

We are very aware that this is an upsetting situation for our customers and would like to offer something unique to you as a means of going some way to make up for the delay to your copy being delivered before Christmas. Every Australian customer will receive a limited edition art print created by Nate Giorgio (one of Michael’s favourite artists and a significant contributor to the Opus). This unique print has already been commissioned and will not be available for sale, this will be uniquely distributed to you. the limited edition art print of Michael Jackson by Nate is a true one off and collectors piece. These will be posted individually to you in the New Year. In addition Opus Media Group will offer every Australian customer the right to a 20% discount off any Opus that we have produced or will produce in the future. Clearly we would have liked that you received your Opus prior to Christmas. That was always our goal. But we hope that you will accept the small gestures of goodwill as some way to making good this current delayed situation.

I'm guessing all the AUSSIE fans who ordered the OPUS got this e-mail too. I still haven't received my print. Looking through the last few pages of this thread, it looks like no one else has either. It shouldn't have taken this long to send it out. I might respond to the e-mail and ask what's happening.

Hulk

Well i totally forgot Reality thing, i'm enjoying my book :) But i really hope that Reality card wasn't just marketing feature.

Shout out to my fellow AUSSIES! I got an e-mail on 23 December 2009 which said:

I'm guessing all the AUSSIE fans who ordered the OPUS got this e-mail too. I still haven't received my print. Looking through the last few pages of this thread, it looks like no one else has either. It shouldn't have taken this long to send it out. I might respond to the e-mail and ask what's happening.

Hulk

I Got the same e-mail in december 2009.
Never received the print. Last time I asked for it was last may.
This was the response concerning the Opus Reality and the Print:

"Please be aware that this card will not be able to be used at the present time as the website has not gone “live” yet.

The Nate prints have not yet been finished but as soon as they are they will be distributed accordingly
."

Never happened since....

This is terrible! I haven't been in this thread for ages and the Opus reality is still not up!

They should at LEAST keep us updated, I mean I haven't heard from them since early this year!

Ok well I have had an answer via the CEO at Opus ..... in May the response was that the Nate prints are still not printed (bloody hell...send me a digital image and I'll bloody print them myself it would be a darn sight quicker!!!!). Secondly, the Opus was expected to go live in May, then June!:no:

Don't hold your breath folks or you will be turning blue shortly!:timer:

I think if lots of us were to start requesting refunds they would soon get their butts in gear - I do not believe the crap about putting the online stuff up. They could at least get the site up and running and put SOMETHING up there. As for the prints...sheesh. We have been so shabbily treated! :angry:

Oooh I feel so much better now! lol
:D

Haven't been to this thread in a while. I hope by now everyone has their Opus. In the end I received an extra pair of gloves and the reality card (which isn't the version once shown in a video, but just a postcard).

Never heard anything on that print though and I received that email as well in december 2009. Can't believe how they mess up so much. It's been almost a year since I pre ordered my Opus........

Just another update - the head office are not answering their phones any more or responding to emails! :lol: I called the shop in Covent Garden and have threatened to roll up to the shop and refuse to move until I am given a refund :lol: .... lets see what happens next....a big fat nothing I expect!

Dianelesley, I am sorry to hear that!!!!!!!

This is never going to get better............A true reflection of modern society!!!!!!

I was thinking I'd be the only one that never received either the card, or the print. Quite shocking to learn they havent even printed them yet. How long could that possibly take? They printed thousands of Opus books in a shorter timespan.

At this point I really dont expect to receive anything anymore.

wow, I can't belive this thread is still active. You, people, are so optimistic, I salute you!

I gave up on Kraken Opus looooong time ago.

I think if lots of us were to start requesting refunds they would soon get their butts in gear

I think the same.
So I just sent them another email, to all of them, to ask for our refunds.
I doubt they will ever answer, but at least I can do it and full their inboxes. We should all do that. It doesn't take much time.

I wrote to the following guys:

Dipesh Davadra
enquiries@krakenopus.com
Matthew Sandall
Karl Fowler ,
customercare@michaeljacksonopus.com
Lara Allen

:smilerolleyes:

I know most of us gave up by now. I gave up being pissed, but every now and a than I feel like sending them an e-mail.

I asked Lara for an update. She just came back from a vacation and is waiting to be updated. I hope she informs me as soon as she hears something.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Yeah, I gave up being pissed a LOOOONG time ago. I never got my reality card. I did get an email with a link and a code in it back in January. http://www.krakenopus.com/extra/ But it just says COMING SOON on it. Apparently we have different definitions of the word SOON.

What bugs me about the reality card is that it was a big part of their marketing for the Opus. And I read all sorts of stuff about MJ himself was so excited about the reality experience aspect of it and about how involved he was in all this...which really was the deciding factor when I was deciding if I should even buy the Opus. Yes, I wanted it. But I've never bought anything so expensive for myself like that in my life. And for me, the reality experience and MJ's alleged involvement just gave it the edge I needed to commit to buy at pre-order prices (because I knew I'd never do it if/when prices went up later on). So even though they may not have intended to scam us in that regard, I do indeed feel scammed. I just want what was advertised--and that included 2 gloves (granted, the gloves aren't special) and the reality card and experience. But I realize that's never going to happen. And now it just is what it is: a very expensive lesson learned.

We should all write to Watch Dog or The One show on BBC1 about it. I mean nearly a year on and still fans have no print, second glove or Print. Maybe we should fix a date and show up at their store in London together and refuse to move. They couldn't blow us of then like on the phone or e-mails.

We should all write to Watch Dog or The One show on BBC1 about it. I mean nearly a year on and still fans have no print, second glove or Print. Maybe we should fix a date and show up at their store in London together and refuse to move. They couldn't blow us of then like on the phone or e-mails.

I'm up for that...

I have been on holiday and just got back but I called them just before I left and threatened to roll up. The response I got was a panicky call from the shop assuring me of an email upon my return...guess what - no reply. I am calling them tomorrow and will pop in and update you but my plan is to threaten to call trading standards tomorrow and find out where we all stand...

Back