Official: Michael Jackson's name has been uncovered at Gardner School Auditorium

Michael Jackson's Name Restored to School
10/16/2010 5:12 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson's name once again is on display at Gardner Street Elementary School after the boards covering his name were removed.

1016-michael-jackson-auditorium-exp-credit.jpg

As TMZ first reported, a group of Michael Jackson fans had petitioned to get the sign uncovered. The sign had been in place from 1989 until 2003, when it was covered up due to the child molestation charges against Jackson.

The sign was unveiled yesterday, where a member of the Los Angeles Board of Education said, "It's important for the district to value the artistic impact and humanitarian contribution that will be the lasting legacy of Michael Jackson."

--------------------------------------------------

VICI, thank you so much for that post from Thompson. It is such a powerful statement and shows things are not always black or white, for instance, Michael was found innocent and was still treated as though he was guilty. Loved the article.

That's GREAT news indeed!! Of course, like everyone, I wish Michael was here to see it, but a wrong righted late is better than a wrong that's never righted. And what a wrong that was! I can understand the point of view of the parents who asked for his name to be covered in the wake of the trial, but they should have uncovered it right after he was acquitted, not years later. Anyway, it's still amazing to see that we can change things if we work together. What's next on the schedule? ;)

I am so happy to see this great news. This is something that should have never happened. MJ fans we have once again showed how much we love and will fight for Michael till the very end. This news brings so much joy to my life. :)

Kudos to all of you who helped in this!!!

You've done a great thing, fighting for an innocent person!

Hats off to you!!

The pictures are beautiful. Michael's name shining for the world to see. Just as it should be.

Do you think the world is starting to notice that we really do Love Him More? :wub:

I joined this group a while back on Facebook, and I'm so ecstatic to see that it worked!!!! Great job, MJ fans!!! When we stick together, we can accomplish great things, and Michael would be so proud!!! :D

Amazing news. So great to hear. :heart: Michael would be so happy. It's a shame they didn't do this while he was still with us. It's also a shame they covered it in the first place. However, this is will be good for Michael's name and legacy. Justice must be served...

Well done fans. You all are amazing. Michael would be so proud.

Katherine’s statement on uncovering Michael’s name

“After a number of heartfelt conversations between me, my grandson Taj, family friend Jodi Gomes, and LAUSD, I am overwhelmed that the school will proudly bear my son’s name on its auditorium once again. This could not have been done without the tireless dedication of my son’s fans and specifically the wonderful members of the “Uncover Michael Jackson’s Name Campaign”. I look forward to my joint statement with the school in the coming days and thank you from my heart. Michael would be proud”.
Katherine Jackson

Moonwalker.Fan;3021438 said:
Katherine’s statement on uncovering Michael’s name

“After a number of heartfelt conversations between me, my grandson Taj, family friend Jodi Gomes, and LAUSD, I am overwhelmed that the school will proudly bear my son’s name on its auditorium once again. This could not have been done without the tireless dedication of my son’s fans and specifically the wonderful members of the “Uncover Michael Jackson’s Name Campaign”. I look forward to my joint statement with the school in the coming days and thank you from my heart. Michael would be proud”.
Katherine Jackson

This was published where?

Sure, Michael would be proud. :wub:

This was published where?

Sure, Michael would be proud. :wub:
http://www.examiner.com/jackson-fam...usses-school-name-unveiling-katherine-jackson
Michael Jackson: Nephew Taj discusses school name unveiling, Katherine Jackson

[
The news of Michael Jackson's name being revealed once again at the Gardner Street Elementary school in Los Angeles has incited extreme happiness in fans all over the world. This is one of hopefully many acts of vindication for the iconic performer. In a new tweet via the popular social networking site Twitter, Taj Jackson has addressed the fantastic news, and even posted a statement from his grandmother, Katherine Jackson.
Even before the passing of Michael Jackson, his fans have always been dedicated to ensuring that justice be brought to situations pertaining to Jackson -- the school auditorium issue is one such situation. Michael Jackson fans should never be underestimated, Jackson has has a tremendously positive and profound impact on countless people around the world, and there are armies of fans waiting to do their part in giving back to the performer in any way they can.

Taj Jackson writes via Twitter:
"On behalf of my grandma, we are thrilled that the 'Uncover Michael Jackson's Name Campaign' has come to a happy conclusion.
Here is a direct quote from my Grandma:

"After a number of heartfelt conversations between me, my grandson Taj, family friend Jodi Gomes, and LAUSD, I am overwhelmed that the school will proudly bear my son's name on its auditorium once again. This could not have been done without the tireless dedication of my son's fans and specifically the wonderful members of the 'Uncover Michael Jackson's Name Campaign.' I look forward to my joint statement with the school in the coming days and thank you from my heart. Michael would be proud."
- Mrs. Katherine Jackson

5 years to late.

I look forward to my joint statement with the school in the coming days
so now the school is gonna use this to get good publicty for them like we should thank them for doing it. katherine should be calling them out on their B.S.nothing else

I must say from what I have been hearing I am a little uncomfortable with some fans deciding to use the school as a shrine now. We have plenty of places we can leave things and messages to Michael, I just don't think a school should be one of them.

I must say from what I have been hearing I am a little uncomfortable with some fans deciding to use the school as a shrine now. We have plenty of places we can leave things and messages to Michael, I just don't think a school should be one of them.

I'm agree :agree:

Agreed about the shrine thing. Not appropriate for so many reasons.
Elusive, I happen to agree with you too. This is something that's come much too late, Michael should have seen this happen all that time ago.

Not to downplay this though, this is fantastic what the fans achieved!

Peeps, put your hearts and minds at rest.
This is what Michael Jackson wants.
This school is another American school needing a "SuperMan"
Michael Jackson and his family are going to be their "SuperMan".
God Bless You All. :angel:
24980_385719789115_339260689115_3780830_5873714_n.jpg

Last edited:
education in institutions is a priveledge, an option, but not an across the board requirement. to me, this is a lesson, in that, even the proprietors of a school need to be taught. until the day that those that establish schools, can compete and win against their greatest teacher...death, in teaching lack of hate, and awareness of that which is good, the next time a child is born, and it is thought that they must go to school to succeed, or they will fail..that should be reconsidered. two of the greatest teachers and accomplishers in history, didn't get a complete traditional standard education in an institution. Abraham Lincoln, and Michael Jackson. they were able to see the light without death having to teach them. but our institutions didn't learn their lessons until greats like these, passed away. maybe a kid is meant to go to an educational institution. maybe a kid is not. either way, only the kid knows. not the adult influences in that kid's life. sometimes, life can be a kid's greatest teacher. the fact that an institution of learning needed to be educated by someone's death, should reveal that school needs to go to school. and have life as it's teacher. if a kid is born and doesn't want to go to school, i hope that kid is not condemned. if a kid is born with a learning 'disability', i hope that kid is not condemned. if a kid is born...different, i hope schools are willing to be taught by that kid. and i hope schools are willing to learn from those kids. there's no set way to learn.

You guys are saying its to late.... I just think its good they took that ish down. It may be a little late but the way i see it its better late then not at all. You can either be happy its down and over with or bitch about it for the next 3 months. its all up to you.

I'm one of those who said "it's too late", even though I still think so, I'm glad about this and what the fans achieved. You showed MJ and the world we still love him.
Kudos to everyone involved in this project.

education in institutions is a priveledge, an option, but not an across the board requirement. to me, this is a lesson, in that, even the proprietors of a school need to be taught. until the day that those that establish schools, can compete and win against their greatest teacher...death, in teaching lack of hate, and awareness of that which is good, the next time a child is born, and it is thought that they must go to school to succeed, or they will fail..that should be reconsidered. two of the greatest teachers and accomplishers in history, didn't get a complete traditional standard education in an institution. Abraham Lincoln, and Michael Jackson. they were able to see the light without death having to teach them. but our institutions didn't learn their lessons until greats like these, passed away. maybe a kid is meant to go to an educational institution. maybe a kid is not. either way, only the kid knows. not the adult influences in that kid's life. sometimes, life can be a kid's greatest teacher. the fact that an institution of learning needed to be educated by someone's death, should reveal that school needs to go to school. and have life as it's teacher. if a kid is born and doesn't want to go to school, i hope that kid is not condemned. if a kid is born with a learning 'disability', i hope that kid is not condemned. if a kid is born...different, i hope schools are willing to be taught by that kid. and i hope schools are willing to learn from those kids. there's no set way to learn.

^^This is profound. You have done it again!!!! I would like to hear the school officials state what this event and their actions have TAUGHT THEM, and write an ESSAY on it for HOMEWORK.

Back