Official Statement From The Estate Of Michael Jackson To The Fans

Good luck in fighting Sony on this :doh: I'm sure that they are going to listen to a know it all fan like yourself instead of the people who worked with MJ:dont_mention_it::rofl:

Well, its not just me on my own is it?:wild: There are tons and tons of us who think it isnt MJ!:wild: And we are all going to boycott it!:wild:

Thats ony if you believe all those people said that it is MJ. They have just had there names mentioned in a statement. The only one we have seen with our own eyes say it is MJ is Teddy Riley, and he will crumble eventually. Just you wait.

Yeah, I mean. Even if the songs did turn out to be real.

Why cant people see that MJ wouldnt want these songs on the album now anyway??? Why cant people see that, unless they just refuse to.

I don't think it's fair for us to say what the deceased would or wouldn't want.

when you look at it from that way

- Michael probably wouldn't want his rehearsal footage - where he wasn't giving 100% and holding back his voice- to be a feature film.
- Michael probably would want to have creative control over Cirque de Soleil show.
- and yes Michael probably wouldn't want this or that song for this and that reason as it wasn't a finished product of his perfectionism.

but Michael is dead.

It's not possible for him to come back from the grave to finish and oversee these projects.

So there's 2 options :

One is "do nothing" - no future project as it cannot have Michael's total perfection. Estate says " Sorry he's dead all we have is incomplete materials and these ideas but he's not here to finish them or provide feedback so we'll do nothing".

But honestly why would anyone want this for Michael? I mean Tupac had 6-7 albums released after his death, Beatles has several songs released 25 years after Lennon's death , Elvis is pretty much still relevant. Why this couldn't happen to Michael as well.

Two is "next best thing" - here no one is denying that if Michael was alive we would probably get a perfect performance of TII concerts, more vocals and finished songs from MJ but he's not here to do it anymore. So you get the next best thing. Perhaps no project is 100% Michael but it's still part Michael. And for some people even getting 1% of Michael is too valuable to dismiss and reject.

So I understand and respect your opinions but seriously please stop destroying this for the rest of the people.

BEST POST EVER! ( I rarely use caps )

Voice of wisdom, I wold so want this pinned somewhere. For real, those words went directly to my heart. :wub:

- Michael probably wouldn't want his rehearsal footage - where he wasn't giving 100% and holding back his voice- to be a feature film.
- Michael probably would want to have creative control over Cirque de Soleil show.
- and yes Michael probably wouldn't want this or that song for this and that reason as it wasn't a finished product of his perfectionism.

but Michael is dead.

It's not possible for him to come back from the grave to finish and oversee these projects.

I think your misunderstanding what i'm saying. I'm referring to the fact that Michael would not want the songs on the album knowing how a lot of his fans have reacted to it and actually think it isnt him.

We all LOVED This is it. Thats completely different.

Two is "next best thing" - here no one is denying that if Michael was alive we would probably get a perfect performance of TII concerts, more vocals and finished songs from MJ but he's not here to do it anymore. So you get the next best thing. Perhaps no project is 100% Michael but it's still part Michael. And for some people even getting 1% of Michael is too valuable to dismiss and reject.

But they have GREAT songs that are 100% Michael that they havent put on the album. We all LOVED 'Do you know where your children are' and it could easily be on the album over a song like Breaking News which is mostly an impersonator! A Place With No Name? We have been wanting to hear that for over a year and all love the sound of it! Why not put that on the album in place of a song that half of the fans hate and dont even think is Michael?

They even put 'The Way You Love Me' on there which we already have on The Ultimate Collection. Whats with that? Its a great song but my my....

Plese explain that to me.

So I understand and respect your opinions but seriously please stop destroying this for the rest of the people.:agree:

Are you asking me to shut up and not state my opinion just to please everybody else? If so, then no. Sorry. I wont be doing that anytime soon. :cheers:

I don't think it's fair for us to say what the deceased would or wouldn't want.

Well I do, knowing how that person was. He would hate this.

great post ivy
besides, everybody knew Michael didnt have final word on this proyect and nobody complained about that before BN

That was before we knew they were including fake songs.

Well, its not just me on my own is it?:wild: There are tons and tons of us who think it isnt MJ!:wild: And we are all going to boycott it!:wild:
Some of you will boycott it, but I bet it's going to be to hard for a lot of you to resist buying the album when you see it in shops and stand with it in your hands... and even if you do not buy the album it's not going to mean a lot... Sony is not releasing an MJ album to please the fans but to sell records to the masses....
Thats ony if you believe all those people said that it is MJ. They have just had there names mentioned in a statement. The only one we have seen with our own eyes say it is MJ is Teddy Riley, and he will crumble eventually. Just you wait.
Yes, we'll see... or maybe we will not, the future will tell....

Ok this is what I think, I don't like Breaking News because I think that Michael would not be happy with it and because James Porte vocals are on the track. We've tried to remove Cascio tracks but we've failed. Now is the time that we all unite and support this album, not because Teddy Riley, not because John McClain, not because Sony, but because of Michael Jackson and his legacy. His legacy must live and we are his soldiers of L.O.V.E. We have to make Hold My Hand number one all around the world and the album too. I invite all Michael Jackson fans to support this release no mather what we think about those 3 tracks. I realized that the tracklist is decided and there is nothing we can do to change it. I didn't change my mind about these songs but I changed my mind about this whole project and I am going to support it and I think we all should. I am going now to pre-order the album again and I invite you all to do the same. Lets bring Michael back on the top, lets make him Number One again!

This is quite q pattern here.:smilerolleyes:
You were so strong in your sayings you will cancell your pre-order, you said many times on this forum.
You changed your mind. I am not speaking directly to you, but so many ppl like you. All of you were yelling so loud saying the song is a crap.
What made you change your mind ?
Comparing BN to older Michael"s songs makes no sense.
Like comparing 2000Watts ( which I adore ) to " The Girl is mine."
Michael would not want this....Michael would not want that....bla, bla.
How do you know?!
Maybe Michael would want just this ! Something so different.
I think we can atleast agree Michael IS in BN.
And I am taking anything I get from THE MASTER with all of my heart.
If you guys don"t.....the choice is up to you.:D

Some of you will boycott it, but I bet it's going to be to hard for a lot of you to resist buying the album when you see it in shops and stand with it in your hands... and even if you do not buy the album it's not going to mean a lot... Sony is not releasing an MJ album to please the fans but to sell records to the masses.... Yes, we'll see... or maybe we will not, the future will tell....

Yeah, and the masses have serious doubt about certain songs being MJ or not.

Its not going to be hard to resist at all. I would have already downloaded it for free to hear the real songs :S

Well being lied and deceived from the beginning of this project and persist to keep 3 controversial tracks no matter what most of fans thinks, doesn't add much fun and excitement for what's next.
yeah give me that 1% of Michael in demos, please

but Michael is dead.

So there's 2 options :

One is "do nothing" - no future project as it cannot have Michael's total perfection. Estate says " Sorry he's dead all we have is incomplete materials and these ideas but he's not here to finish them or provide feedback so we'll do nothing".

But honestly why would anyone want this for Michael? I mean Tupac had 6-7 albums released after his death, Beatles has several songs released 25 years after Lennon's death , Elvis is pretty much still relevant. Why this couldn't happen to Michael as well.

So I understand and respect your opinions but seriously please stop destroying this for the rest of the people.

Ivy, the unfinished beatles tracks were treated with great respect, Yoko Ono has been fastidious in defending John Lennon's work.

Breaking News is an altogether different piece of work - treated with contemptible disrespect.

Yes, you go ahead and press for your 1% of Mike despite your knowing full well that if Mike were alive he would be horrified that garbage like breaking news was being shoveled out to his fans.

The fact that Mike is dead does not automatically absolve you of any further moral responsibility to his memory.

so very sad

I think your misunderstanding what i'm saying. I'm referring to the fact that Michael would not want the songs on the album knowing how a lot of his fans have reacted to it and actually think it isnt him.

Michael also loved controversy who's to say what he would want for certain? Plus some fans do not equal to all fans. There are some fans that like the song, believe to the vocals etc.

So you don't like it and you don't want it and let's say that I wan't it and I like it. so what's going to happen now?

You act like your opinion about Breaking news is the accepted consensus by whole fans , it's not and you gotta respect that.

and everyone has the option of making their own decision - buy the album if you like it, don't buy it if you don't agree with it. It's that simple really and this whole debate is really non productive and draining.

We all LOVED This is it. Thats completely different.

Actually no , not everyone like it. Remember TINI?. This is it was also boycotted by some fans.

But they have GREAT songs that are 100% Michael that they havent put on the album. We all LOVED 'Do you know where your children are' and it could easily be on the album over a song like Breaking News which is mostly an impersonator! A Place With No Name? We have been wanting to hear that for over a year and all love the sound of it! Why not put that on the album in place of a song that half of the fans hate and dont even think is Michael?

They even put 'The Way You Love Me' on there which we already have on The Ultimate Collection. Whats with that? Its a great song but my my....

Plese explain that to me.

read the official tracklist release. they explain that this is an album consists of songs worked on in the recent years - mainly 2001 and later. Some of those songs are circa 1990.

and you know that Sony and Estate has 10 project deal, right? So all of those songs will find their way to a future album.

It doesn't make sense to release all the best songs in one album. They have to divide them between the projects. That's logical

Are you asking me to shut up and not state my opinion just to please everybody else? If so, then no. Sorry. I wont be doing that anytime soon. :cheers:

where did I say not state your opinion? I said don't be that negative and do not classify people to be less of fans, in denial etc for their opinions different then yours.

i wonder how people know exactly what MJ would have wanted... did i miss a ''Meet MJ for a whole year and get to know him till his deepest thoughts'' event?
what you see is WHAT YOU THINK HE WOULD HAVE WANTED

I believe the event was held in Japan recently.
You also got a photo with him, and some noodles for the flight home. :)

Michael also loved controversy who's to say what he would want for certain? Plus some fans do not equal to all fans. There are some fans that like the song, believe to the vocals etc.

So you don't like it and you don't want it and let's say that I wan't it and I like it. so what's going to happen now?

There is controvery and then there is including fake songs on an album! Its not the same thing and you know that...

If you like it and want it on the album then thats fine! You buy the album, i'm just stating my opnion and the fact I dont want to buy the album.

You act like your opinion about Breaking news is the accepted consensus by whole fans , it's not and you gotta respect that.

I dont think that at all. . . .im sorry if its come across to you that way. Its generally known that whatever a person posts is simply just their opinion.

and everyone has the option of making their own decision - buy the album if you like it, don't buy it if you don't agree with it. It's that simple really and this whole debate is really non productive and draining.

That they do. I dont mind if people want to buy it.Thats their own choice, all i've done it state what I think and what i'm going to do.

read the official tracklist release. they explain that this is an album consists of songs worked on in the recent years - mainly 2001 and later. Some of those songs are circa 1990.

It didnt HAVE to be like that though. Thats just the choice they have made. I think Another Day was made around the same time as A Place With No Name. Both I have heard, are Invincible outtakes. A Place With No Name could easily be in there instead of one of the Cascio tracks.

and you know that Sony and Estate has 10 project deal, right? So all of those songs will find their way to a future album.
It doesn't make sense to release all the best songs in one album. They have to divide them between the projects. That's logical

This is the first album in 9 years, its the first album after his death. Therefore its the most important. Which makes this whole thing even worse.

where did I say not state your opinion? I said don't be that negative and do not classify people to be less of fans, in denial etc for their opinions different then yours.

Thats out of line. Find me ONE post where I have accused people of being in denial or being less of fans for having a different opinion to mine.

I'm not happy you just said that at all, I thought we were just having a heated debate until you said that. I've said nothing off the sort!

but Michael is dead.

So there's 2 options :

Your right. I totally agree with you. But you see, everyone is entitled their opinions, no matter they are haters of fans. Don't try to persuade others, in the end you'll find they still stick to their guns. Let's just enjoy the happiness for waiting the new album.

that was exactly why i edited my original comment.
People here is at defensive. People quoting people just to ridiculize in some way. like this guy asking if we think there's gonna be uptempo song and some asshole quoted and said do you think there's gonna be any Michael Jackson song on the album?
and dont play like you dont attack anyone by saying ooh how could you say that of me, i never attacked anyone. You play the nice opinion role guy when all you do is repeating the same time after time and NO as an opinion, you speak like you are speaking the truth. I dont take what people say here personal cause things are heated up, but some people really talk like if they were speaking the truth when they clearly dont.
And FYI, lots of people here, including me, are really careful with what they post cause there's allways guy who make fun of a post, and what a coincidence its always the same 4 or 5 guys

I'm not going to debate about this anymore. Your post that I first quoted says fans are deliberately choosing to refusing what Michael would have wanted and I read your posts saying that you cannot believe how people can say the vocals are Michael's. That's implicitly classifying fans into groups IMO.

and I'm sorry if it sounded to harsh but I really had it with continuous belittling of people due to their opinions as well as combining people into groups (which doesn't need to be happening openly). (and you can just look to this thread to see examples - a general statement of mine was answered by a personal attack towards my moral integrity)

and fyi - You can sue Sony. Jackson family has no more power than any of us. Wait till the album released and then sue them for consumer fraud.

I'm not going to debate about this anymore. Your post that I first quoted says fans are deliberately choosing to refusing what Michael would have wanted and I read your posts saying that you cannot believe how people can say the vocals are Michael's. That's implicitly classifying fans into groups IMO.

and I'm sorry if it sounded to harsh but I really had it with continuous belittling of people due to their opinions as well as combining people into groups (which doesn't need to be happening openly). (and you can just look to this thread to see examples - a general statement of mine was answered by a personal attack towards my moral integrity)

Yeah but its coming from both sides. Its not just the side that doesnt believe its him.

I've been accused of just choosing to believe this because i'm against Sony.

I've EVEN been accussed of being part of some sort of secret group which is purposely trying to ruin Michael's legacy! Can you believe that?

So yeah its not just coming from this side.

Oh, and just because I said I cant believe people still think its Michael, that doesnt mean i'm calling them deluded. I believe they truly hear it and think it sounds like Michael, but my opinion being what it is. I just find it baffling considering I hear something different.

I'm sorry if that has happened to you, but there is no need to target me for that. Target those who have said it. We maybe on the same side but we dont all share the same brain. We are still individuals.

Err... :ermm:
So first it's "Oh, it's not Michael, it's an impostor! I want real 100% MJ, so I hate it."
Then it's "Okay, it's partly Michael! I still hate it, it's not 100% MJ."
Now it's "Okay, even if it's 100% Michael, I still hate it because he wouldn't want this on an album."
What next?

Let's face it, nothing we will get to hear in the future will be like MJ's past albums. Nothing! But that's the way it is. Michael is dead and I want to support his legacy by supporting his new albums. :)

Can't speak for others but for me it was more like:

First: "This can't be MJ...it doesn't sound like him. The song's okay...but MJ doesn't sound like MJ!"

Then: "Okay so they say it's definately MJ on the album....but no matter HOW HARD I try and no matter HOW HARD I try to tell myself its MJ singing...I just still don't think he sounds like MJ". And THAT is what I have a problem with. In all these years I have NEVER heard MJ sound different on a song..I have never had to TELL myself it's MJ I'm listening to...I have never had to be CONVINCED. When I heard a snippet of "Another Day" and "Place With No Name" I knew right away it was MJ. I didn't have ANY kind of doubts. I still don't (well...I haven't heard the FINAL versions, so I am only talking about the demo snippets when I say that). I went to listen to Breaking News convinced it's MJ and he just didn't sound like him. Now that they tell us it's him, I'm TRYING to give it a chance and use the "power of suggestion"....but no matter how hard I try...it doesn't sound like him. So if I and many others are having such a hard time recognizing MJ's voice, obviously something is wrong and something needs to be done. Like I've said before already and without trying to sound like a broken record, I think all that most of the fans who say it doesn't sound like MJ would want is that they either go back in the studio to do what they gotta do to get the vocals sound like MJ since they are absolutely sure MJ's singing the song on the demo and sounds like himself on the demo. So go back to the studio...mix it again, change the balance...or do whatever you gotta do to change what's preventing him from sounding like himself right now. I'm not an engineer so what do I know what they gotta do..but obviously something's not right. And if they can't change it then take that song off the album and replace it with a song where MJ sounds like MJ. Can't be that hard! I'm not gonna boycott the other songs like Hold My Hand and Another Day, etc. because I know MJ definately sang those (that is, unless they go mess up those songs again and change them so much that MJ doesn't sound like MJ on them either).

Point is...if they tell us it's MJ, fine. So it's MJ. But it doesn't change the FACT that MJ doesn't sound like MJ so something IS wrong, no matter what they say. And all I am asking for is them to do something about THAT. Like I said...send the song back to be worked on again...or take it off the album. I'm fine with either one. As long as the end product sounds like MJ, like it's supposed to.

but Michael is dead.

I agree.

But someone else singing songs attributed to him is on a whole other level. You can all think you're doing Michael a favour by buying the album and I know it will be great to see him in the charts but I cannot ignore the truth as I see it: Michael Jackson is not singing the main vocal on Breaking News. For him to sing backing vocals to an impostor pretending to be him on his own song disgusts me.

For those interested in Michael's real voice vs the singer on Breaking News, this video is excellent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld8RuyGZhCI

Hear the power in MJ's voice... Hear the strained attempt by the BN singer.

Hear MJ's voice ever consistent and distinctive... Hear the BN singer sounding different on every part of the song.

Close your eyes and test yourself on which bits are real and which bits are fake! It's a fun new game! :mello:

For those interested in Michael's real voice vs the singer on Breaking News, this video is excellent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld8RuyGZhCI

Hear the power in MJ's voice... Hear the strained attempt by the BN singer.

Hear MJ's voice ever consistent and distinctive... Hear the BN singer sounding different on every part of the song.

Close your eyes and test yourself on which bits are real and which bits are fake! It's a fun new game! :mello:

Oh shoot. I thought this was gonna be my favorite one. "Ooohhh! Ahhhh! Crazaayyyhhh!! ayyy!!! ahhhhhh!!

But this one is even better! Hee hee hee!!! Hee heeeee! Heee hee heeeee!! Hhoooo hooo! Hee hee hee! :D

Can't speak for others but for me it was more like:

First: "This can't be MJ...it doesn't sound like him. The song's okay...but MJ doesn't sound like MJ!"

Then: "Okay so they say it's definately MJ on the album....but no matter HOW HARD I try and no matter HOW HARD I try to tell myself its MJ singing...I just still don't think he sounds like MJ". And THAT is what I have a problem with.

I feel the same way. I'm not angry or upset or trying to change anyone's mind.
I am simply sad and disappointed, and wishing I felt differently about it all, but I just don't.

btw, IMO: there's lots of intelligent and openhearted people on 'both' sides of this argument.
And it doesn't make anyone less or more a fan if they believe it is MJ or not.
AND I believe most of us would do anything to uphold Mike's legacy, it's just that we see it differently in this situation.

Only the fact that every time I come here I have to read polarizing arguments is quite ridiculous.
I believe we can debate without them. Great people don't do that - you don't need to do that :p

L.T.D. ... You have your opinions and while some of us may not agree with them we respect them. But darlin u need to chill out or your going to have a stroke! We have our thoughts now on the song,statement and album and no matter how hard you try to sway our thoughts... Its not going to happen. Just relax and make an effort to think before you let your fingers type... I know i need to.

It's really a lose lose situation. If people don't buy the album and it flops alot of people will be all over that saying ''MJ just can't bring in the crowed that he used to or ''MJ lost his touch during his final years'' but then if people did buy the album and it's successful it will then leave the door open for Sony and The Estate to release 100's of albums full of medicore songs that are questionable.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8kSiR-ctDnI?fs=1&amp;hl=es_ES"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8kSiR-ctDnI?fs=1&amp;hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

sFun_duh2.gif
talk about an over reaction..... Fake album? no... Fake song maybe it was on monday... It sure as hell aint now.

you know what you can go to hell. dig up all you want to on the past week i dont give a flying rats A$$ but dont give me your attitude because i WILL give it right back.

Mods im sorry. LTD is now following MANY in my iggy box!

I cant understand what i've done to annoy you.....Is it just because my opinion is different to yours.

I just think its slightly hypocritial of you to say it looks like i'm on the verge of having a stroke, when some of your posts here in the past few days have been highly irrational. Just saying.

I don't believe the statement. :(

I'm only gonna buy the songs that I'm sure are Michael's vocals.

I hope they put the album money towards the estate!

Back