Official Statement From The Estate Of Michael Jackson To The Fans

My opinion:

Anyone could've written that statement, it's not offical in my book. It's not posted anywhere else, not on the mj site (yes I know sony didn't make the statement, but they've shared information before, it wouldn't be strange), furthermore no sites like TMZ have even mentioned it, and they ARE connected to the estate and sony and usually always get their info correct and prompt.

I'm still convinced that there's only snippets of the real MJ on that Breaking News track, it's either that, or the vocals have been so incredibly altered with autotune or other polishing techniques, that it's lost it's MJ quality. I've never heard MJ sound like that on any of his recordings, and seriously, all those producers and engineers combined would definitely know HOW Michael liked his vocals treated and mixed. They can claim experts all they want, but 1. that could easily just be a lie, or 2. those people have all received a nice little bonus check to just "get this in the pocket".

I just heard that KYHU song, now that sounded like Michael, however at times also too much treated with effects. However, why on EARTH they decided to use those Earth Song snippets in there is beyond me! I've never heard something like that before, it's cheap and sounds 2nd hand. That just shows me the lengths they go to in order to be able to deliver a product, and that is supposed to convince us of the fact that nothing is more important to the estate than Michael and his legacy and fans?? Please, it's about money, it always has been and always will, and Michael sung that best.

Then watch the ones
With the biggest smiles
The idle jabbers...Cuz they're the backstabbers

If you know it's a lie
Then you will swear it
If you give it with guilt
Then you will bear it
If it's taking a chance
Then you will dare it
You'll do anything for money...

I can tell you this much, all this is is PR at work and damage control, by whoever wants people to believe all is normal. Just remember this: when has it EVER before been so much of a controversy to determine if MJ vocals were real?? That fact alone tells you that SOMETHING is up.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming..

absoultely. no doubt about it. especially that lyric. the next time i hear someone pour the syrup about it being about something noble, i will vomit the sryup. it's always about the money. always.

i don't imagine Michael leaving any writings of his unregistered. if all he did was write, and he knew that there were billie jean bandits out there, everywhere, as was proven in the past...hard for me to imagine... case and point, 'This Is It' registered way back twenty plus years ago. no controversy there. i don't know of a writer who isn't paranoid about registering his or her work..

true but let's think this. Michael's life wasn't really that organized in the last few years. I mean even his taxes weren't filed for the last 3 years. Perhaps there wasn't anyone to register these newer songs ( I really cannot picture Michael dealing with registrations etc personally) and therefore it had be done after his death. Who knows really?

true but let's think this. Michael's life wasn't really that organized in the last few years. I mean even his taxes weren't filed for the last 3 years. Perhaps there wasn't anyone to register these newer songs ( I really cannot picture Michael dealing with registrations etc personally) and therefore it had be done after his death. Who knows really?

naa..i will bet my life that MJ would consider registering his own songs, before he would consider filing his own taxes. as irresponsible as that sounds, it's prudent, and wise of him, if he did it that way. and i bet he did. somebody can fix his tax situation. nobody could fix his song situation, if that went offbase. let's face it..let's not pretend we don't know the value of MJ's music. government business is important..but it's second place to his songs. songwriters are paranoid. and MJ's is legitimate paranoia. that's one opinion, i'd bet my life and my family's life on.

we saw who took mj to court, about his song billie jean. we saw the depositions of people asking MJ if he wrote this song or that. sorry..but i ain't buyin that he wasn't paranoid about song registration. he wouldn't have been this successful if he wasn't. his songwriting is what this whole legacy, and you and i as fans, and this whole enchilada is all about. it's the life blood that started this whole odyessy. hehe...comon..i ain't believin for a second he wasn't paranoid. not for one second. he talked about songwriting being the LIFE BLOOD of the industry.

i'm so confident about this opinion, i'd want to call it a fact and get in trouble for it.

as far as all these claims about MJ's life not being organized in the past few years..

i seriously doubt that. seriously..even with the forgotten tax filings.

Michael is almost treated like a holy grail, now. everybody is after him. everybody wants to copy him. and everybody wants to attach themselves to him...and apparently piggy back him..everybody wanted to sue him..everybody paid attention to him.

this is the mark of a success story. envy. you don't become the target of the world like this, unless your life was a big success story..and some good organization was part of it.

now, everybody wants to be Michael. everybody wants to have had a part as a co writer with him. everybody wants to say they wrote his songs, or he wrote theirs. that doesn't smack of a disorganized human being.

that kind of success and disorganization are oxymorons.

when he did those depositions, even if he forgot some of his work, the interrogator had the list of songs written down. so they were registered. MJ's gunna register those before he worrys about bank statements or anything else. cus he can replace that money, because he made sure the songs were treated like they were irreplaceable.

Last edited:
As far as the using of the tail end of Earth Song in Keep Your Head Up who knows, maybe Michael had it thrown in there as a place holder for an ending adlib that he would sing at a later date.

One thing I noticed about the song is there is too much vibrato, like enough that it sounds like Michael was straining himself to make it vibrato which I don't think he would ever try to do anything with his voice to the point that he would allow it to peak or waver in order to protect his vocal cords. It might have been a more enjoyable song with less vibrato. But if the vibrato was completely computer generated by Teddy then we can expect another version to come out in a few days magically with less vibrato maybe just like he did with BN??

One thing that I think debunks the idea that Michael would order all the takes and demos destroyed is that he needed them. Why would he need them? Because he knows from experience that when he gets summoned to court again and again and again to fight copyright accusers he needs the videos of sessions, hand written lyrics, and demo reels to prove that he was fully involved in the creative process. If he didn't do all of that in the past, he would have lost all rights and royalties to The Girl Is Mine, We Are The World, and many other songs.

But to support the destroying of the tapes, if Michael never wrote the songs, then he would have no reason protect their originality in court if he was just singing a song written by someone else.

As far as the using of the tail end of Earth Song in Keep Your Head Up who knows, maybe Michael had it thrown in there as a place holder for an ending adlib that he would sing at a later date.

One thing I noticed about the song is there is too much vibrato, like enough that it sounds like Michael was straining himself to make it vibrato which I don't think he would ever try to do anything with his voice to the point that he would allow it to peak or waver in order to protect his vocal cords. It might have been a more enjoyable song with less vibrato.

One thing that I think debunks the idea that Michael would order all the takes and demos destroyed is that he needed them. Why would he need them? Because he knows from experience that when he gets summoned to court again and again and again to fight copyright accusers he needs the videos of sessions, hand written lyrics, and demo reels to prove that he was fully involved in the creative process. If he didn't do all of that in the past, he would have lost all rights and royalties to The Girl Is Mine, We Are The World, and many other songs.

great points. i think it also debunks the idea of him not registering all his songs.

it's easy to say that he might forget, if a song didn't see the light of day. but the songs you mentioned, did more than see the light of day. it's difficult to believe he would pick and choose songs that he thought would not see the light of success, and decide not to register them, or forget to. since the hit process is random, it's safe to say he registered them all.

Anyone could've written that statement, it's not offical in my book. It's not posted anywhere else, not on the mj site (yes I know sony didn't make the statement, but they've shared information before, it wouldn't be strange), furthermore no sites like TMZ have even mentioned it, and they ARE connected to the estate and sony and usually always get their info correct and prompt.

and if anyone else still has any concerns about whether or not this statement is official /real see below from Taryll Jackson

On Saturday 13th November 2010, @Taryll said:

In regards to the statement, I tried calling Howard's cell but couldn't reach him. (I wanted to hear from him directly). After calling his office, somebody confirmed that the statement did come from Howard. As I said before, there are many inaccuracies and omissions in that statement. For one, I was also in that meeting and that was not the outcome. Saying that, I don't want to go into further details and take away from the attention "Hold My Hand" truly deserves. You will hear my story because this is way too important for my Uncle's legacy. The truth will prevail.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/6uki8f

well Taryll seems to support Hold My Hand, so nobody can say he's just out to get sony or the cascios, or is just on some meaningless rant.

something's obviously wrong.

^ Well, I hope there's enough time to get whatever the truth is to light before Dec 14? Like, that would be great! Cause I'm still SMH over here and unsure!

If they registred the BN in 27 June.. when did they recorded 'the fake' voice? Cause I do not see the time for this??

So either Cascio recorded that prior to Mike demise - but then WHY?? n
o logical sense?? or Cascio recorded that after 27 June - this means the track registered in 27 June might be different somehow.... But then why the rush??

See it kinda do not stick with the fake voice theory. It does not make sense.

It stick only with the idea of a second voice used for background vocals, and that is credited on the song, so it's normal thing.

If they registred the BN in 27 June.. when did they recorded 'the fake' voice? Cause I do not see the time for this??

o logical sense?? or Cascio recorded that after 27 June - this means the track registered in 27 June might be different somehow.... But then why the rush??

It stick only with the idea of a second voice used for background vocals, and that is credited on the song, so it's normal thing.

the key question is 'why the rush?' as you said. for money, people will rush. this is right after his death. for somebody that is greedy, light bulbs go off after an icon dies. you're willing to rush, and probably do a sloppy job in your haste, but it can be done. Michael Jackson did his Billie Jane take in five minutes.
and two days is forty eight hours. that's more than enough time to go into the studio and record a song..certainly one of the lesser quality that we heard. on average, if it's a long session, musicians can spend ten hours straight in a studio. a lot can be done in ten hours. that's a long time. and we've heard the stories of musicians doing all nighters in studios. so that's wayy more than ten hours.
then there's rush delivery to the copyright office. i'm sure they have the money for that. they know the song, so they can record it quick. many a amateur musician has been able to go into a studio and do a real fast production. especially if they wrote the song, and know it. and they can use a fake vocalist or more fake vocalists to do it. and there's the possibility that the Cascios put a good portion of the song together, and never had a vocal to it, and that could have been before June 25. and they could have had it in a vault, with dreams of working with Michael on it, that never materialized. then he dies..and it's easy for them to take it from there. it can be done.

i said this before, but, i also notice that in the link for copyright, that Michael's address is unlisted. i am guessing it would be for security reasons, if before, or, because he passed, if after the 25th, and this was after, but it also opens up a lot of convenient doors..such as, another person named Michael Joseph Jackson, who goes to Los Angeles, and sleeps in a cardboard box, and stays long enough for the Cascios to convince themselves they are 'honorable'.

also..in the past, when i've looked up copyrighted songs, they were all listed by title. now, in that link, the only title i see is 'mj songbook'. i don't see a song called 'mj songbook' on the new album. i realize that compilations are registered in the copyright office, but i've always seen the specific titles of the songs, anyway. here..i don't see the title, 'breaking news'. now, maybe the song's in the bunch, or maybe it's not. but..like i said, this is a break from the norm, when i look up copyrighted stuff.

somebody else on here, is claiming that when they look up the title 'breaking news', anywhere in the copyright office..it can't be found. certainly not found as being connected to Michael Jackson.

Last edited:
Can't speak for others but for me it was more like:

First: "This can't be MJ...it doesn't sound like him. The song's okay...but MJ doesn't sound like MJ!"

Then: "Okay so they say it's definately MJ on the album....but no matter HOW HARD I try and no matter HOW HARD I try to tell myself its MJ singing...I just still don't think he sounds like MJ". And THAT is what I have a problem with. In all these years I have NEVER heard MJ sound different on a song..I have never had to TELL myself it's MJ I'm listening to...I have never had to be CONVINCED. When I heard a snippet of "Another Day" and "Place With No Name" I knew right away it was MJ. I didn't have ANY kind of doubts. I still don't (well...I haven't heard the FINAL versions, so I am only talking about the demo snippets when I say that). I went to listen to Breaking News convinced it's MJ and he just didn't sound like him. Now that they tell us it's him, I'm TRYING to give it a chance and use the "power of suggestion"....but no matter how hard I try...it doesn't sound like him. So if I and many others are having such a hard time recognizing MJ's voice, obviously something is wrong and something needs to be done. Like I've said before already and without trying to sound like a broken record, I think all that most of the fans who say it doesn't sound like MJ would want is that they either go back in the studio to do what they gotta do to get the vocals sound like MJ since they are absolutely sure MJ's singing the song on the demo and sounds like himself on the demo. So go back to the studio...mix it again, change the balance...or do whatever you gotta do to change what's preventing him from sounding like himself right now. I'm not an engineer so what do I know what they gotta do..but obviously something's not right. And if they can't change it then take that song off the album and replace it with a song where MJ sounds like MJ. Can't be that hard! I'm not gonna boycott the other songs like Hold My Hand and Another Day, etc. because I know MJ definately sang those (that is, unless they go mess up those songs again and change them so much that MJ doesn't sound like MJ on them either).

Point is...if they tell us it's MJ, fine. So it's MJ. But it doesn't change the FACT that MJ doesn't sound like MJ so something IS wrong, no matter what they say. And all I am asking for is them to do something about THAT. Like I said...send the song back to be worked on again...or take it off the album. I'm fine with either one. As long as the end product sounds like MJ, like it's supposed to.
Thanks for this post. Agree so much.

well Taryll seems to support Hold My Hand, so nobody can say he's just out to get sony or the cascios, or is just on some meaningless rant.

not against sony but the same cannot be said for cascios. he's repeatedly saying that he has an issue with 3 songs that are by cascios. and hold my hand is not by cascios. so still he's just aiming at cascio songs

Why, when he believes only the Cascio tracks aren't 100% Michael?

:lol: That's a great point...

i dont know what the problem is on this. they have recorded this all in 2007. michael's voice, and porte's. and teddy riley made a full song this year with these two vocals.

Well, I have already pre-ordered the album. I did so in good faith and am very much looking forward to enjoying listening to it confident this matter has been thoroughly checked out and resolved. I think we all need to be positive and support this album as fans.

i had stated my response to that, earlier in this thread. you answered your question. i had stated that Taryll wasn't going on just some meaningless rant.

i also said that people don't normally spend just one hour in a studio. they can get a lot done in a few days. even two days.

i dont know what the problem is on this. they have recorded this all in 2007. michael's voice, and porte's. and teddy riley made a full song this year with these two vocals.

they SAID they recorded everything. but since Michael kept all his vocals to Will I Am's music why wouldn't he watch over his vocals to anything else he's done? and why would he wait till 2009 to copyright his vocals, if he recorded in 2007? makes no sense. and both Will I Am AND MIchael have vehemently stated that Michael has always been a hands on producer, and completer of projects he has approved of, to the VERY END of each project. that would include protection and copyright. also, in the link of the supposed copyright..the title is 'mj song book' not, 'breaking news'. when people fill out copyright applications, the titles of all the songs are included in the info, on the application, for safety purposes. otherwise why would anyone use the copyright office?

in just about every house that Michael has ever stayed awhile, people have claimed to want to hitch upon his star. whether in Dubai or New Jersey. of course i'm suspicious.

and to those who think i can't support MJ's legacy without buying this album..you're wrong. throughout history, people have been able to preserve artists' legacies without buying new music, or without new music being put out. they did it with Elvis.

i can still see along this board(not you, necessarily) that it is being erroneously stated, that people who don't buy this album, are not fans.
it has been stated that people could get banned for accusing fans like that. if you'll notice, i'm not accusing anyone of not being a fan, for buying this album, even though i am not buying the album.

i have elected to buy Invincible for the 14th time. not because of any rebellion against this latest project...but because I love Invincible. i could support MJ's legacy on Invincible alone, i love it so much. and i can jaunt through his legendary albums..HIStory, and Dangerous..and rebuy and legally redownload singles from his vast array of gems, right on up to This Is It. over and over and over again. i always have. there's no alterior motive. i just love those gems, that i have kept on buying over and over, through the years. I still love Billie Jean..I still Love BEat it. and i don't have to try to love them. i don't have to make an effort. so..it's not so much that i am supporting his legacy. his legacy is supporting itself, because of the power of those gems that i and many others can never resist.

Last edited:
This is what happens when you touch music to be "acceptable" to today's standards... Now if this is really MJ, we have a legion of people going mad because they don't think it's their own hero... And if that's the case, I blame too much messing around with what they had just for it to be "acceptable".

Me? I won't take position. It either could be or not be. I won't risk sounding stupid in one case or another just to be proven wrong with time. I just don't think we have enough proof to say for sure if it is or not... Then again, I never saw people questioning certain Invincible tracks...

Breaking news indeed.

PS.: The only thing I would like to say is... It's quite a "strange" song for MJ. The lyrics, him singing his own name, the obituary line, etc. Very different from everything else I ever heard from him - but don't get me wrong, I'm just saying it's different, not that it isn't him.

And sounds like people all over the US aren't enjoying it much...:
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=12104627

Last edited:
michael was always trying to do something different,always experimenting!we just have to be positive!

why is it hard to believe 3T genuinely thought this when even here a poll showed the fans split by over fifty percent and some undecided. Many were too discusted to vote. Some fans thought the song was fake but did not want to risk not getting the CD.

It's wrong to judge them that way.

if i may say........maybe it's the media that exagerated again and made us wonder...... we fell into their trap..... again.... so, let's just enjoy the music... that's all..

This is what happens when you touch music to be "acceptable" to today's standards... Now if this is really MJ, we have a legion of people going mad because they don't think it's their own hero... And if that's the case, I blame too much messing around with what they had just for it to be "acceptable".

Me? I won't take position. It either could be or not be. I won't risk sounding stupid in one case or another just to be proven wrong with time. I just don't think we have enough proof to say for sure if it is or not... Then again, I never saw people questioning certain Invincible tracks...

Breaking news indeed.

PS.: The only thing I would like to say is... It's quite a "strange" song for MJ. The lyrics, him singing his own name, the obituary line, etc. Very different from everything else I ever heard from him - but don't get me wrong, I'm just saying it's different, not that it isn't him.

And sounds like people all over the US aren't enjoying it much...:
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=12104627

Whatever link you had there is now disabled.

I like BN but I think it dosnt sound like him at all except the 3rd verse and background vocals, but sony wouldnt risk their business by releasing a fake song. Think about it, they have over 300 real ones, they arnt stupid enough to do that and lose money.
However, Ive heard that alot of the songs he recorded in 2007 were recorded over the phone, so they wouldnt get stolen or leaked. If that is true (which it is), it probably IS Michael's voice in Breaking News, but REEEALLLLY edited to make it better quality.

one other thing: DO NOT BOYCOTT THE ALBUM, even if you dont like that song or Sony, it will just kill Michael's legacy. Also if we do Sony will think 'nobody likes mj anymore' and not release his songs at all :O

I like BN but I think it dosnt sound like him at all except the 3rd verse and background vocals, but sony wouldnt risk their business by releasing a fake song. Think about it, they have over 300 real ones, they arnt stupid enough to do that and lose money.
However, Ive heard that alot of the songs he recorded in 2007 were recorded over the phone, so they wouldnt get stolen or leaked. If that is true (which it is), it probably IS Michael's voice in Breaking News, but REEEALLLLY edited to make it better quality.

one other thing: DO NOT BOYCOTT THE ALBUM, even if you dont like that song or Sony, it will just kill Michael's legacy. Also if we do Sony will think 'nobody likes mj anymore' and not release his songs at all :O

I do not think it will kill MJ's legacy. His legacy was established long ago.

link:
http://mjfansboycottsony.weebly.com/message-from-muzikfactory2-to-fans.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL-iKzbnOOk

Re: Official Message From The Estate Of Michael Jackson To The Fans

@ butterflies, this picture you posted of Michael singing We are the world with the children. Do you remember when was that and on what occasion? I ask because i remember it was MJ's first TV performance since the trial. i also remember there was some controversy over MJ's voice when he briefly sung a few words. He sounded not really himself. Could this be 2007? Could he really had a problem with his voice back than? Do you have a link for this performance on youtube?

thanks

I was there so maybe I could help. It was the 2006 world music awards in London. Michael sang a few lines of we are the world but mostly it was playback and the choir of children. I was in the first row so I heard him really well. There was nothing unusual or different about his voice. It's true that the next day the press said that there was a problem with his voice but me and my friends didn't notice anything - so I don't really know why they said that.

Last edited:
Re: Official Message From The Estate Of Michael Jackson To The Fans

I was there so maybe I could help. It was the 2006 world music awards in London. Michael sang a few lines of we are the world but mostly it was playback and the choir of children. I was in the first row so I heard him really well. There was nothing unusual or different about his voice. It's true that the next day the press said that there was a problem with his voice but me and my friends didn't notice anything - so I don't really know why they said that.​

well..i know why the press said it.

"With regards to "ALL" the controversy surrounding the legitimacy of Mr.Michael Jackson's "original" CD/Album compositions "MICHAEL~~~"

"Truly and Wholeheartedly "T.H.I.N.K" About It..!"

The Journal of Reflections & Thought NOTHING IS BLACK OR WHITE~~~
Proceed will be donated to two prearranged mutually agreed upon charities. (c) 1995 -2010

Peace, Happiness, L.O.V.E~~~

God Bless Always

:rollingpeace::angel::rollingpeace:

Back