Official Statement From The Estate Of Michael Jackson To The Fans

Here is a theory I came up with, just throwing it out there:
  • The Cascio's, left with these half completed demo's, thought they might get away with filling in all of the blanks on the demo's with a soundalike of Michael, then end up selling the songs to Sony.

• Sony recieve the songs and people doubt the authenticity of the vocals so tests are done. Since Michael's voice IS on the recordings, the tests detected his voice on them even though the majority of it isnt MJ. But he is on there at the end of the day so the test picked that up. Perhaps the Cascio's are the real culprits........
What does everyone think? Again, just throwing it out there.
I think that you have a future as a writer of fiction. :rofl:
BTW, you forgot to mention Illuminati Lizards. :D

Guys I am going to Sony in New York City tomorrow. I just checked the address and it is only a few blocks from where I live. I am going to try to bring our main concerns to someone there, if they let me in the building. Maybe they will laugh at me and call me a lunatic, but I will be professional and feel that I tried to do something, because simply posting here is not enough. I have been on the board on day so I basically know what our concerns are. Of course the people who have no concerns do not have to worry.

I really, really doubt they will let you in the building. At one point I worked in the Operations dept of a major NYC corporation, and these days especially, with the state of the world, buildings have a lot of security in place. During all of this MJ stuff I imagine Sony in particular is being careful about their security. If they perceive you as a security threat, you might get in trouble and I'm sure that's not what Michael would want. Plus it could be very frustrating if you get nowhere.

I'm not sure that the feedback form and emails are taken seriously; maybe calling the phone numbers listed on the Sony website would yield better results. I think that's probably the closest one could come to speaking directly to a company representative.

Whatever you do please stay safe and please keep a cool head! (I'm not trying to be condescending as I say that btw; I do admire your conviction)

L.T.D i think you have hit the nail on the head. I find it very strange that the Cascios registered the songs 2 days after Michael died. I also find it strange that Dileo is involved in this -that he is James Porte's aka bobby ewing's manager and that he claimed to know all about the recordings and claims to have spoken on the phone with Michael during the alleged recordings back in 2007 despite not working or having any apparent relationship with Michael at the time. (He only reveals this now) I also find it strange that nobody had ever heard anything about them until Roger Friedman's world exclusive about it back in May (i think)

Thanks for posting that

The problem IS, that this is the first time in HISTORY anyone has doubted the authenticity of Michael's voice on a record.

well this is the first time that Michael is dead when a new project is coming out.

And actually it's not that different from any other project is happening after his death - people have questioned TII saying that he wouldn't want it, there was body doubles, it was modified to look Michael good etc etc , people question Cirque de Soleil and people question the album.

In short everything (now and in the future) will be questionable somehow.

If they had to do all this, isn't that a good sign that maybe these tracks weren't the best choice for inclusion on Mike's first album of fully-unreleased material in 9 years, and the first big release after his passing?

Forget about whether its him or not. From a commercial standpoint, isn't that a strange idea?

Question is how many usable material they have. If you believe Teddy Riley radio interview where he says Michael used to record only the first verse and the chorus and nothing else perhaps they have a 1000 unfinished songs but only a little of them are appropriate to be used in an album release.

I'll be quick and to the point. The "following" does not fit the criteria of scientific evidence because it was not independently authenticated, by those who have no vested interest. In research, that is called a "double-blind" jury, who evaluate independently of the personalities involved. This has NOT been done, independently, nor have the results been verified.

True but the problem is that you'll never get an independent expert in this case because someone is bound the pay for the expert. Sure we can argue that The estate and sony's expert could be biased but the same thing can be said by any other expert that's hired by the Jackson's and/or another interested party.

Are we expected to believe that the lawyer for the estate personally contacted Jason Malachi to ask him if he was involved in the project? That is just ridiculous!

TJ Jackson claimed that the vocals are of Jason Malachi. so yes a legit lawyer would have investigated such claims.

Saying you have evidence is not proof. Providing the evidence for review is giving proof.

Perhaps true but when you look to some other parties involved they don't even claim to have any evidence, what is presented is just personal opinions.

I just listened to the song again and compared it to Jason Malachi's crap on youtube and I swear Breaking News IS Jason Malachi co-starring Michael Jackson. I put that on my Momma.

image13l.png

It's frickin' Jason Malachi and ****loads of fans on here are being hoodwinked. Sony may as well throw Mamacita onto the album as well. Remember when that came out, fans SWORE it was new MJ. There were tons of fans who believed it just like with Breaking News.

This crap is unbelievable. Un-frickin-believable what's happening. Feels like we're in some backwards bizzaro world all of a sudden. Good God! I mean seriously. Wow. lol I'm just sitting here shaking my head at what people are allowing...no- wait....PUSHING for to happen because they're so damn desperate they'll accept scraps even if it means pissing on Michael Jackson's grave.

All of this is exhausting. I've never...NEVER been one to engage in the constant conspiracy theories and excuse me for saying this, but "whack-job" threads made up by so many people on this board and MJ boards. But I can't help but be involved with this because well, for one thing...THIS isn't a whack-job conspiracy theory. I know what I hear in the song and I know that's not Michael.

"Oh Dave, you're being so dramatic." Yes I am. I've never been this damn dramatic on a message board and I've been online since 1991 (Prodigy Online Service).

What's about to happen and is being cheered on by an increasing number of fans is a damned disgrace to Michael, his family, his legacy, and us as his fans.

I can't believe this. I just can't believe this is actually happening.

Last edited:
I really, really doubt they will let you in the building. At one point I worked in the Operations dept of a major NYC corporation, and these days especially, with the state of the world, buildings have a lot of security in place. During all of this MJ stuff I imagine Sony in particular is being careful about their security. If they perceive you as a security threat, you might get in trouble and I'm sure that's not what Michael would want. Plus it could be very frustrating if you get nowhere.

I'm not sure that the feedback form and emails are taken seriously; maybe calling the phone numbers listed on the Sony website would yield better results. I think that's probably the closest one could come to speaking directly to a company representative.

Whatever you do please stay safe and please keep a cool head! (I'm not trying to be condescending as I say that btw; I do admire your conviction)

I work in New York. Security is always New Yorkers major concern. There is no way the security guard will let any unauthorized individual into the building.

Petrarose, I'm not trying to discourage you. But, be careful. I don't want anything unpleasant happen to you. :better:

Def Dave, me thinks it was all hype to get attention since MJ is not here to do his usual hype. If it was possible to use impersonators record companies would have done this years ago with other dead singers. They haven't, EVER.
So until we actual get the released album we won't know what they put on there. if it's a fake, god help them as it will cost them millions!
So I would say chillax, and wait. if it turns out to be true I will help u in a quest to seek artistic revenge ;- )

I just listened to the song again and compared it to Jason Malachi's crap on youtube and I swear Breaking News IS Jason Malachi co-starring Michael Jackson. I put that on my Momma.

It's frickin' Jason Malachi and ****loads of fans on here are being hoodwinked. Sony may as well throw Mamacita onto the album as well. Remember when that came out, fans SWORE it was new MJ. There were tons of fans who believed it just like with Breaking News.

This crap is unbelievable. Un-frickin-believable what's happening. Feels like we're in some backwards bizzaro world all of a sudden. Good God! I mean seriously. Wow. lol I'm just sitting here shaking my head at what people are allowing...no- wait....PUSHING for to happen because they're so damn desperate they'll accept scraps even if it means pissing on Michael Jackson's grave.

All of this is exhausting. I've never...NEVER been one to engage in the constant conspiracy theories and excuse me for saying this, but "whack-job" threads made up by so many people on this board and MJ boards. But I can't help but be involved with this because well, for one thing...THIS isn't a whack-job conspiracy theory. I know what I hear in the song and I know that's not Michael.

"Oh Dave, you're being so dramatic." Yes I am. I've never been this damn dramatic on a message board and I've been online since 1991 (Prodigy Online Service).

What's about to happen and is being cheered on by an increasing number of fans is a damned disgrace to Michael, his family, his legacy, and us as his fans.

I can't believe this. I just can't believe this is actually happening.

I totally hear you on that. I came down pretty hard on the TII conspiracy theorists. I usually just shake my head at the other conspiracy threads, the theories always seem so irrational, alarmist and unfounded.

I have read the estate press release many times. I have read T. Riley's statements. I have reasoned with myself to the point where I accept that all of these experts must be right. Then I listen to the verses of BN. Bizarro world, all over again.

I find it really hard to believe the Cascios would betray Michael (maybe because it would absolutely break my heart to see that happen). They were always loyal to Michael while he lived. However, nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to people around MJ. Somehow ALL of the people around MJ end up wanting a piece of him and his money in the end. Besides, while MJ lived...the Cascios would have been banned out of his life if they wouldn't have been loyal. But MJ is not here any longer and money and fame are knocking at your door waiting for you to grab it....and money and an opportunity can make people do all kinds of things. Especially when you are aiming to be in show business. I'm NOT saying that's the case with the Cascios because I really don't want to believe they TOO are like everyone else who just end up taking an advantage of Michael. But like I said...nothing surprises me these days. We've seen it all it seems. I'm just saying I can see what the motive could be. Money and fame. As always before with everyone else.

What I can't see though is what possible motive the family could have for being against the tracks, other than wanting to defend MJ's name and his legacy? None of them wrote songs with Michael anyways (at least that we'd know of)...so what possible motive could they have for opposing the songs? Because MJ was closer to Cascios than to some of his family members? Please. :smilerolleyes:

Gaz;3066387 said:
Dear Fans

There is nothing more important to the Estate than Michael’s music, his legacy and his fans.

As the Michael album was being put together, it was decided to bring Teddy Riley on board to work on several songs, including “Breaking News,” a song Michael recorded with Eddie Cascio and James Porte in late 2007 while living at the Cascio family home with his children. Riley produced and submitted “Breaking News” to Sony for inclusion on the album. At that time, no one ever mentioned that the vocals we heard on the Cascio songs, which were basically in demo format, might not be Michael. It was known, however, that the background vocals were a combination of Michael and James Porte.

After the tracks were submitted to Sony, three of these Cascio songs were selected to be on the album, and “Breaking News” was one of the three. The day after the submission and selection of the album tracks, for the very first time, the authenticity of Michael’s vocals on the Cascio tracks was questioned.

Because of these questions, I was immediately asked by co-Executors John Branca and John McClain to conduct an investigation regarding the authenticity of the lead vocals on the Cascio tracks.

Six of Michael’s former producers and engineers who had worked with Michael over the past 30 years - Bruce Swedien, Matt Forger, Stewart Brawley, Michael Prince, Dr. Freeze and Teddy Riley - were all invited to a listening session to hear the raw vocals of the Cascio tracks in question. All of these persons listened to the a cappella versions of the vocals on the Cascio tracks being considered for inclusion on the album, so they could give an opinion as to whether or not the lead vocals were sung by Michael. They all confirmed that the vocal was definitely Michael.

Michael’s musical director and piano player on many of his records over a 20-year period, Greg Phillinganes, played on a Cascio track being produced for the album, and said the voice was definitely Michael’s. Dorian Holley, who was Michael’s vocal director for his solo tours for 20 plus years (including the O2 Concert Tour) and is seen in the This Is It film, listened to the Cascio tracks and told me the lead vocal was Michael Jackson.

These are all engineers, producers and musicians who worked on tours and/or in the studio with Michael when he was recording Bad, Thriller, Off The Wall, Dangerous, Invincible, HIStory and Blood On The Dance Floor, and they all reconfirmed their belief that the lead vocals were Michael’s voice on the Cascio tracks.

The Estate then retained one of the best-known forensic musicologists in the nation to listen to the vocals without any instrumental accompaniment (“a cappella”), and to compare them with a cappella vocals from previous Michael songs. This expert performed waveform analysis, an objective scientific test used to determine audio authenticity, on the Cascio tracks, as well as previously released tracks with Michael’s voice, and reported that ALL of the lead vocals analyzed (which included Cascio tracks) were the voice of Michael Jackson.

Sony Music conducted their own investigation by hiring yet a second well-respected forensic musicologist who also compared the a cappella lead vocals from Cascio tracks against previously released vocals of Michael's, and found that Michael’s voice was the on all sets of the raw vocals. The Cascio tracks were also played for two very prominent persons in the music industry who played crucial roles in Michael’s career. Both of these individuals believed that the lead vocals were Michael’s.

Just to be absolutely certain, I also contacted Jason Malachi, a young singer who some persons had wrongfully alleged was a “soundalike” singer that was hired to sing on the Cascio tracks, and I confirmed that he had no involvement with this project whatsoever.

Sony decided that, given the overwhelming objective evidence resulting from the exhaustive investigations outlined above, they wanted to release a record that included three of the Cascio-Porte tracks - because they believed, without reservation, that the lead vocal on all of those tracks were sung by Michael Jackson.

Although there still seem to be concerns being expressed in some quarters about the authenticity of the lead vocals, notwithstanding the opinion of those who worked with Michael, and two independent forensic analysts, ultimately, Michael’s fans will be the judges of these songs, as they always are. We take all fan comments very seriously, and as I’d stated above, there is nothing more important to the Estate than Michael’s music, his legacy and his fans.

Michael’s fans are extraordinary in their quest for accuracy and their passions to raise their voices in a search for truth! We join with them in our care and concern for Michael. We are continuing to follow up with those who have worked in the studio or on tours with Michael, and if any new information comes to light, we will keep you and the fans advised.

Thanks,

Howard

Howard Weitzman, Esq.
Attorney for the Estate Of Michael Jackson
Santa Monica, CA
Did anyone send a copy of this to someone else when it was first posted?

What I can't see though is what possible motive the family could have for being against the tracks, other than wanting to defend MJ's name and his legacy? None of them wrote songs with Michael anyways (at least that we'd know of)...so what possible motive could they have for opposing the songs? Because MJ was closer to Cascios than to some of his family members? Please. :smilerolleyes:

Yes. PLEASE someone who has fallen for it and believes they're hearing Michael all/most of the way...PLEASE explain why the family thinks it's not Michael? What's their motive?

And I don't want to read anymore weak answers like "The Jackson family isn't trustworthy". If you answer like that, you're dodging the question. What would their evil, selfish motive be for coming out strongly against these tracks by saying it's not Michael's voice? Why would they do that?

And do you think Michael's own mother doesn't know his voice? Just curious to know how you people think because I don't get you, your ears, or your logic at all. No offense but I don't.

At the end of the day, I trust my ears.

I hate conspiracy theories. I don't have anything against the estate, sony, whatever or whomever.

But I have listened to this track over and over with an open mind trying to see if I was missing something. And therein lies the problem. I have never had to reaffirm myself on who I was listening to with any artist or band ever. CERTAINLY not one of the most respected, well regarded and talented musicans and vocalists ever.

Every time I hear this track, I have the same feeling: "wtf, I didn't hear any Michael Jackson in there".

I think that you have a future as a writer of fiction. :rofl:
BTW, you forgot to mention Illuminati Lizards. :D

There is no need to ridicule L.T.D. He tiredlessly posts here not because it's fun or because of his ego. It's becasue of his love for Michael Jackson. I could imagine his heart bleeding each time he posted here.

We are not a bunch of irrational conspiracy theorists or ungrateful fans who complain about every little thing. We love Michael and miss him very much. We just want people treat his arts with respect.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2...er-says-its-michael-jacksons-voice/?src=twrhp

Here is the list of tracks for “Michael,” which will be released on Dec. 14:
1. “Hold My Hand” (featuring Akon)
2. “Hollywood Tonight”
3. “Keep Your Head Up”
4. “(I Like) the Way You Love Me”
5. “Monster” (featuring 50 Cent)
6. “Best of Joy”
7. “Breaking News”
8. “(I Can’t Make It) Another Day” (featuring Lenny Kravitz)
9. “Behind the Mask”
10. “Much Too Soon”

Hold My Hand, Another Day, Behind The Mask and Much Too Soon...those will definaely be 100% MJ songs. Can't wait to hear them and I am SO EXCITED about hearing the whole "Another Day"!!!! :clapping: That song is #1 material!! <!-- end .entry-content -->

summer;3069786 said:
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2...er-says-its-michael-jacksons-voice/?src=twrhp

Here is the list of tracks for “Michael,” which will be released on Dec. 14:
1. “Hold My Hand” (featuring Akon)
2. “Hollywood Tonight”
3. “Keep Your Head Up”
4. “(I Like) the Way You Love Me”
5. “Monster” (featuring 50 Cent)
6. “Best of Joy”
7. “Breaking News”
8. “(I Can’t Make It) Another Day” (featuring Lenny Kravitz)
9. “Behind the Mask”
10. “Much Too Soon”

Hold My Hand, Another Day, Behind The Mask and Much Too Soon...those will definaely be 100% MJ songs. Can't wait to hear them and I am SO EXCITED about hearing the whole "Another Day"!!!! :clapping: That song is #1 material!! <!-- end .entry-content -->

:) Looks like a great track listing,its just Hold My Hand that bothers me a lot.I like it but just when I am deaf while Akon is singing.Another Day is making final cut that is really good news.Wish if they added All I Need as well but thats alright,maybe in next project we will get it.

WHAAAAAT?!! NO DYKNWYCA? noooooooooooo :'(

Take out monster, WTF 50 cent?

rest sounds really good.. MUCH TOO SOON!! :D

Anyone remember when the MJ "Simpsons" episode aired and there was the song the "Michael Jackson" in the episode sang to Lisa? And we all KNEW it was Michael and they kept telling it's NOT Michael. But all of the fans KNEW it's MJ no matter how many people told us it's not him. Then later on we heard that it WAS indeed MJ singing the song but because of some legal issues (if I remember correctly because MJ's label wouldn't have allowed him to record it or some stuff like that) they weren't allowed to credit MJ and admit it's MJ....BUT...it was MJ singing.

So how come back then even when everyone kept telling us it is NOT Michael Jackson we still KNEW within seconds it's MJ, no matter what anyone else said. And we were RIGHT. Now it's pretty much the same, except the other way around. They are trying to tell us it IS Michael...even though we can't hear it.

I just listened to the acappela again and I noticed something else. In the line "on the screen today, we're on display", Jason's voice cracks while singing the word "today". lol Michael's falsetto was strong. His voice didn't crack like that.

I work in New York. Security is always New Yorkers major concern. There is no way the security guard will let any unauthorized individual into the building.

Petrarose, I'm not trying to discourage you. But, be careful. I don't want anything unpleasant happen to you. :better:

Don't worry. nothing is going to happen to me. If I get to the building and cannot get in, no problem. I have a home to go to. If I get to the building and can get in, then I will proceed. I live in NYC too and work in NYC. I know my hometown. As I said before I went to Madison Garden when our votes for Michal last year were going to Whitney Houston. They did not let me into the executive floors, but I was able to speak to someone in the technical office, who actually went on the computer and checked out what I was talking about. I was even given a follow up call to say the situation was fixed. So even though I did not get into the executive offices, I was referred to someone else. I will go there and try. I am not a hothead uneducated person, so you do not have to worry. I will not be disappointed by my efforts, because I am doing something. Also thank you for your concern Jem. I am not going to represent any Forum, by the way. I am going as a single person with concerns, that way I do not get the forum into any issues.

Don't worry. nothing is going to happen to me. If I get to the building and cannot get in, no problem. I have a home to go to. If I get to the building and can get in, then I will proceed. I live in NYC too and work in NYC. I know my hometown. As I said before I went to Madison Garden when our votes for Michal last year were going to Whitney Houston. They did not let me into the executive floors, but I was able to speak to someone in the technical office, who actually went on the computer and checked out what I was talking about. I was even given a follow up call to say the situation was fixed. So even though I did not get into the executive offices, I was referred to someone else. I will go there and try. I am not a hothead uneducated person, so you do not have to worry. I will not be disappointed by my efforts, because I am doing something. Also thank you for your concern Jem. I am not going to represent any Forum, by the way. I am going as a single person with concerns, that way I do not get the forum into any issues.

I truly respect your courage and effort. Good luck! :better:

Anyone remember when the MJ "Simpsons" episode aired and there was the song the "Michael Jackson" in the episode sang to Lisa? And we all KNEW it was Michael and they kept telling it's NOT Michael. But all of the fans KNEW it's MJ no matter how many people told us it's not him. Then later on we heard that it WAS indeed MJ singing the song but because of some legal issues (if I remember correctly because MJ's label wouldn't have allowed him to record it or some stuff like that) they weren't allowed to credit MJ and admit it's MJ....BUT...it was MJ singing.

So how come back then even when everyone kept telling us it is NOT Michael Jackson we still KNEW within seconds it's MJ, no matter what anyone else said. And we were RIGHT. Now it's pretty much the same, except the other way around. They are trying to tell us it IS Michael...even though we can't hear it.

The Simpsons story is a little bit different: It actually is Michael SPEAKING on the episode Stark Raving Dad but was uncredited; however the song Happy Birthday Lisa is sung by the vocal impersonator John Jay Smith on the episode. Michael did however write the song, and HIS version is available on YouTube etc. Compare them, it's pretty interesting. I love Mike's version! Thanks for bringing this up though because it's relevant now.

Ok, you sound like you've thought it out. Perhaps you could get as far as a receptionist or something. I can already tell you're not a hothead :)

summer;3069854 said:

Actually I believe Michael did the voice acting, but because of his contract he wasn't allowed to sing the song…

Adibobea9;3069917 said:
Actually I believe Michael did the voice acting, but because of his contract he wasn't allowed to sing the song…

...yes, you're right...speaking voice Michael's...singing voice....not...

Back