Official track list of bad 25th anniversary special edition is unveiled

7 unreleased songs (if you are counting Don't Be Messin' Around) is more than I expected. Of course that we would all like to have more but this is really great. 7 unreleased songs on anniversary re-release - that is more than we got on MICHAEL album (6 if you don't count The Way You Love Me). This is really amazing and more than I expected. I thought that we'll get 4 or 5 new songs.

They could have released just the original Album with one Unreleased Track and 3 Remixes :D
be happy!

Exactamundo!!

What's the problem with being positive people?

Compare this with the Special Editions or the awful Thriller 25. This is fantastic!!

7 unreleased songs (if you are counting Don't Be Messin' Around) is more than I expected. Of course that we would all like to have more but this is really great. 7 unreleased songs on anniversary re-release - that is more than we got on MICHAEL album (6 if you don't count The Way You Love Me). This is really amazing and more than I expected. I thought that we'll get 4 or 5 new songs.

I agree! I was hoping they would give us 3 or 4 - I would have been very happy with that, but 7!! that is totally unexpected. I am very very excited about this.

It seems that MJ fans have this propensity to complain (well not all of us) whether MJ was here or not. Like another poster put it, how about T25- lol We only got ONE unreleased track and Michael was here so he must have approved of it. And all those remixes that most of us did not like. Now you have to give credit to the estate. They listened to our suggestions and acted accordingly. Again, the 3 remixes are pretty good imo, and I don't usually like remixes. As I posted in a earlier post, these remixes may help gain new fans and continue MJ's legacy.

Let's stay positive. This is a fantastic package anyway you look at it!

It's 6 unreleased songs including Don't Be Messin.

Thriller 25 only had one unreleased song (two on the Japanese version) because Michael did not want Sony using up his old songs which is why he gave them remixes, much to their chagrin. He didn't even know they were going to use Got the Hots on the Japanese version.

How could i forget about Another Part Of Me Captain EO Version! Wow, that bassline is insane, i would love to hear that in CDQ!

It's 6 unreleased songs including Don't Be Messin.

Thriller 25 only had one unreleased song (two on the Japanese version) because Michael did not want Sony using up his old songs which is why he gave them remixes, much to their chagrin. He didn't even know they were going to use Got the Hots on the Japanese version.

French version of IJCSLY is also previously unreleased. So it is 7 unreleased songs although we already heard it because of the leak.

French version of IJCSLY is also previously unreleased. So it is 7 unreleased songs although we already heard it because of the leak.

Nah, It was released on the Bad Special Edition with Streetwalker and Fly Away.

Yep IJCSLY spainish version was on bad special ed that was released in 2001

I wish he did a italian version though

There is now a trend, within a large percentage of the MJ fan community to constantly look for the negative in things. A lot of fans are completely over looking the fact, that after 24 very long years and many campaigns and petitions later that we are finally getting Bad Tour Wembley 88! This release is a massive step forward with regards to Michael Jackson's legacy. Much of his reputation as one of the worlds greatest entertainers was built on this tour alone and Wembley see's Michael Jackson at a live peak that has become mythological amongst fans.

I cannot believe that so many fans are not appreciating the effort it's taken lots of people (including some very dedicated fans) and historical importance of this release. It's taken us 24 years to get here.The Wembley concert alone (MJ's performance from the 16th is regarded as one the most passion fulled and energetic displays of showmanship he has ever given) would have been enough.

On top of that we we are getting 5 new tracks. 6 if you include DBMR (which I do because it's less than a few months old), 7 if you include the Spanish version of IJCSLY!

On top of that again, for the first time ever, Spike Lee will deliver a documentary that people behind the scenes are saying is incredibley special, and will feature footage from the vaults that have never been seen!

It is disheartening to see the reaction (among some) to one of Michael Jackson's most important release's (Bad Tour Wembley 88) treated as an excericse in gluttony and self interested self-indulgence. You'll never please everyone, but for the love of god, be greatful and try to appreciate what we are getting this year.

Give me a break. The same people criticising certain aspects (really only 1 aspect... disc 2!) have also expressed their gratitude and excitement over this release. Including the concert and Spike Lee documentary. We are allowed to have an opinion. Geez.

Aaazb your spot on , on what you are saying however people can have an opinion and thats what spurs the estate on to please the fans, after all premiliary thats who will be this product. What i do hope is that the fans can get right behind this release and make it the legendry release it deserves to be and i really hope the promotion will be huge as it needs to be! The estate and the fans and Sony cannot let this be just another Michael Jackson posthumous release.

Terry

What do we know about 'Free'? Is it possible that it is a version of Stevie Wonders' 'Free' that was released the same year? Weren't they working together at that time?

What do we know about 'Free'? Is it possible that it is a version of Stevie Wonders' 'Free' that was released the same year? Weren't they working together at that time?

I can def. feel MJ grooving this. Nice find.

No. It was written by Michael only. Check Mexico deposition.

Can't wait to hear the new stuff.... from the Bad era, this can't be anything else but great!

Give me a break. The same people criticising certain aspects (really only 1 aspect... disc 2!) have also expressed their gratitude and excitement over this release. Including the concert and Spike Lee documentary. We are allowed to have an opinion. Geez.

Here's your KitKat! Before people were criticising disc 2, they were criticising the issue over dvd versus blu-ray and before that there was ish about pepsi cans. There was also a fair lot of crap thrown at the Spike Lee documentary with regards who is and isin't gonna be on it.Who said anything about people having an opinion? This is my opinion. You make a fair point and I respect that, but I've been waiting for the Bad Tour for 24 years (so have many)and it is a bit of a piss-off when alot of fans give the package a meh-attitude. For the most part, it's quite good.

And just for the record, I have levelled much criticisim at the estate in the past and had many fans on here gang up on me. I am all for productive criticism like most people.

Apologies to anyone if my post seemed like an over-dramatic rant, it's just that since the tracklisting was announced I've not posted my own thoughts on it. Yeah 3 or 4 more demos/tracks would have been nice, but thats not enough of a gripe for me to be negative about.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure if I am going to listen to the cds first or watch the dvd. I have heard about the Wembley concert for such a long time so I think I am leaning towards that lol. Everybody can say their opinion and how they feel. I am going to enjoy it and I hope everybody will too.

I am going to listen the remastered version of 'Liberian Girl', because my wife and my child both love that song.

And thennnn... We are going to watch THE SHOW!! My home cinema set is complete and produces very high quality audio, so I'm guessing that the neighbors will be pissed at me that day. That will be the only day I won't command their wishes!! Hahhaa.. :lol:

Here's your KitKat! Before people were criticising disc 2, they were criticising the issue over dvd versus blu-ray and before that there was ish about pepsi cans. There was also a fair lot of crap thrown at the Spike Lee documentary with regards who is and isin't gonna be on it.Who said anything about people having an opinion? This is my opinion. You make a fair point and I respect that, but I've been waiting for the Bad Tour for 24 years (so have many)and it is a bit of a piss-off when alot of fans give the package a meh-attitude. For the most part, it's quite good.
Have you even seen the source of the concert? It looks SHIT. When THE MJ Estate releases a trailer of a concert we all wanted, presented in shit quality, which is coming to DVD (year 2012) from a VHS source, how can you expect people not to go bananas?

It was a major disappointment. We have so much footage of MJ, but 90% of it is in shitty quality.

But we are giving them a chance again with their "nasa restoration" (which won't help much) and 5.1 sound. AND most of us are buying it anyway because it's labeled Michael Jackson.

You also have to understand that many of us don't have much faith in the Estate anymore and are very picky. All we want is a perfect release. Not like Vision or the Michael album.

Have you even seen the source of the concert? It looks SHIT. When THE MJ Estate releases a trailer of a concert we all wanted, presented in shit quality, which is coming to DVD (year 2012) from a VHS source, how can you expect people not to go bananas?

It was a major disappointment. We have so much footage of MJ, but 90% of it is in shitty quality.

But we are giving them a chance again with their "nasa restoration" (which won't help much) and 5.1 sound. AND most of us are buying it anyway because it's labeled Michael Jackson.

You also have to understand that many of us don't have much faith in the Estate anymore and are very picky. All we want is a perfect release. Not like Vision or the Michael album.

I actually agree with you. Yes I've seen the source from the teaser and I'm hoping the restoration is vastly improved. But I'd also entertain the idea the MJ or his people were possibly quite careless with tape footage and possibly very important footage such as this was thrown anywhere. For this situation, I can't really blame the Estate and for now am reserving my opinion until the release. I would love more than anything for an 88 show on blu-ray, but I'm so tired from reading about the u-matics/jumbo trons/film that I don't even remember if it's possible. What is the position with LA 89 again? Either the footage is good but not the sound or vise versa.

Thus far, I've been majorly disappointed with The Estates handling of well, everything. When the Michael album situation blew up, in all my years as a fan I've never seen anything go so wrong. That got very ugly.

I was very disappointed with Vision also. No upgrades. Footage wise, I wonder what exactly the Estate has access to and again I wonder how careful MJ or people in charge were.

EDIT: Is it my imagination or are the crowd shots from the teaser clip much clearer/cleaner than the clip of MJ singing Bad?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to listen the remastered version of 'Liberian Girl', because my wife and my child both love that song.

You can listen to a digitally remastered version since 2001 as it was released on BAD - Special Edition.

: Is it my imagination or are the crowd shots from the teaser clip much clearer/cleaner than the clip of MJ singing Bad?

They are. Footage in teaser from 0:19 - 0:26 looks very good.

Must be a umatic? Or is that in higher quality then a umatic? I'm not sure how good a umatic's quality is ;)

Back