Official track list of bad 25th anniversary special edition is unveiled

I think it just happened at random shows. There were also kids on stage at the Minnesota show.

And thankfully that isn't on the dvd. I don't care to see the kids ruin BAD :D

ok but how do you know its not on this DVD ?

WildStyle;3688006 said:
So y'all will think nothing of it when Bad 40th anniversary comes out with all the same songs all over again and 6 new songs? You'll happily plonk down another $45 for all those songs you own a hundred times over and a few new crumbs? Just asking.

And you don't need remixes to "attract new fans". I've never been drawn to an artist from the past by any remix. It's always been the artists original work that won me over. If the artist is good enough, you don't need a remix because they most likely did it right the first time ;D

I´m not sure there will be any more anniversary albums.
They can take some of his more unknown songs (for non-fans),from TUC, b-sides of singles etc,together with some demos.
There are lots of footage from This is it to look forward to, official release of HIStory tour and Ghost.

MIST;3688116 said:
I´m not sure there will be any more anniversary albums.
They can take some of his more unknown songs (for non-fans),from TUC, b-sides of singles etc,together with some demos.
There are lots of footage from This is it to look forward to, official release of HIStory tour and Ghost.

I think they will. There's probably enough unreleased stuff from each era that they can still milk it.
And perfect reason to release a (new) Dangerous Tour show and a first time ever HIStory tour dvd.

GREAT NEWS!!

I'm ón holliday on Iceland and This just made my holliday even better!!

Can't wait!!

I'm just being realistic. No estate of any dead artist is going to ruin the longterm commercial appeal of unreleased tracks/demos by releasing too much at once. None. It's a fact and although you may not be happy to pay for additional tracks later on, it's a common tactic and one that the MJ estate is using. It's a way to secure income for the future.

You don't NEED remixes to attract new fans, I accept that. Some will discover the artist by themselves. But successful remixes will keep the artist's profile higher if they're successful in the charts and clubs. Every time the song is played the artist's name is mentioned and his voice is heard, and people are reminded of them. That is proven to boost sales of the artist's original recordings because people are interested enough to give them a listen. Anything that keeps MJ on the charts, in the clubs and in the news has the potential to win new fans. Releasing unreleased songs and demos on an anniversary album won't really do that to the same extent because it only really appeals to existing fans.

The part bolded in red. I have to say, oldies stations do a much better job at this than a remix, and have been doing so for many years, plus Michael's and many other old records get airplay there constantly. I know it because in the past I heard many famous artists (unknown to me at the time or maybe forgotten) and they either reminded me or made me want to listen to the artist who played them. Reason why I don't think remixes make that much difference. Plus, they are mostly played at clubs and parties in which people are concentrating on anything but the music, most of the times.. lol.

is it possible that the concert will show a glimpse of Princess Diana ?

Surely as she was part of the audience.
Either during the introduction of the show, or maybe during the Dirty Diana performance ;)

I doubt it because the concert was never intended for official release and the footage was filmed for the huge JumboTrons as said in the announcement. There won't be much audience shots.

I doubt it because the concert was never intended for official release and the footage was filmed for the huge JumboTrons as said in the announcement. There won't be much audience shots.

Even when I went to the history tour in Amsterdam they were often screening shots of the audience on the jumbotrons.

Michael loved these shots because he would view every performance the next day to see what he could improve or not. Shots of fans were priceless to him.

Even when I went to the history tour in Amsterdam they were often screening shots of the audience on the jumbotrons.

Michael loved these shots because he would view every performance the next day to see what he could improve or not. Shots of fans were priceless to him.
It was different in Bad Tour i think. Watch some songs from Bad Tour Tokyo and Kansas and they don't show audience during the songs at all. Maybe between songs. This dvd will be like them in terms of camera angles if they have left it like it originally was as they promised.

I'm sure there is footage of her in the audience, but not from the jumbo tron feeds. They'd have to edit that in from other cameras filming there (and according to them, they are not editing anything in it).

It was different in Bad Tour i think. Watch some songs from Bad Tour Tokyo and Kansas and they don't show audience during the songs at all. Maybe between songs. This dvd will be like them in terms of camera angles if they have left it like it originally was as they promised.

If you look at the ametuer Wembley Concert we've had for ages theres audience shots inbetween the songs but there are none during the songs.

Which is to be expected. People way in the back don't want to see the crowd. They want to see the stage :D

popcorn-MJ.gif

Can't wait for September to begin.
I feel like the release date is already around the corner, but come September, it would be a real blast.

IXscape;3686772 said:
Just 5 new Songs/Demos .... we dont need another 3 Remixes
2. I’m So Blue

3. Song Groove (A/K/A Abortion Papers)
4. Free
5. Price Of Fame
6. Al Capone

Im so exited about those new Songs/Demos :D
Same here. Getting the dvd is cool, but nothing tops getting those new songs.

Pentum;3686774 said:
Edit: Saw you put a tracklist, right before I posted mine. Bleh.

What can I say? I am looking forward to a HQ live CD.

But what I care about most is:

2. I’m So Blue
3. Song Groove (A/K/A Abortion Papers)
4. Free
5. Price Of Fame
6. Al Capone

I am disappointed we are only getting 5 unheard BAD era songs though. Really.
I wish they'd put out more, but I believe it's part of their long-term strategy: drip-feeding us with unreleased tracks on different albums over the next x years.
At this point, I just hope they don't f*** up any future release again.

I wish they'd put out more, but I believe it's part of their long-term strategy: drip-feeding us with unreleased tracks on different albums over the next x years.

My thing is that I kinda wish that they added more demos of the songs already on the album onto here. That way, if they really are trying to save unheard songs for a future release, at least there would be the early versions of the released songs. As I said before, I am happy with what's on here but I'm still disappointed they didn't put the demo of "Bad" on CD 2.lol

Same here...I am happy about the 5 songs but I am crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy about Wembley DVD....will play it non stop on Sep 14th....can't wait

I feel like the release date is already around the corner, but come September, it would be a real blast.

Same here. Getting the dvd is cool, but nothing tops getting those new songs.

Yes, but it's just that this is the 25th ann. This is where they should drop a BUNCH of demos, not save them for some other Micheal album. These demos are probably half baked songs, what they are going to do in the future then is to "make them sound current", something many MJ fans don't want.

Yes, but it's just that this is the 25th ann. This is where they should drop a BUNCH of demos, not save them for some other Micheal album. These demos are probably half baked songs, what they are going to do in the future then is to "make them sound current", something many MJ fans don't want.

You hit the nail right on the head with that one, dear. :)

Yeah, any demo that Michael left unfinished, no matter how raw AND unfinished, should really be left alone.

Believe it or not, from a business point of view, it's a good strategy for them in the long run.

Making you pay another 45 bucks for 5 new songs on Bad30 and then another 45 bucks for another 5 new songs on Bad30 and so on, makes them way more money which I suppose is a good thing for them and those who benefit from The Estate's success (MJ's kids, KJ and ultimately those who run the Estate and the label that puts out their content).

Ultimately, you can't help but feel like you're being ripped off or rather F'd in the A whenever they make you pay again for another 5 songs. It'll probably be another 50 years before we see a Anthology type boxset with pretty much everything on it.

It's not quite fair for us. We are gonna pay whatever for MJ demos (they know it, we know it) and it only makes sense for them to drip-feed us like helena22 said. I'm sure everybody would wish nothing more than an extensive boxset for each album's anniversary edition with pretty much all there is from those sessions, all demos being put out at once on one release, but that's not gonna happen (sadly).

I'll happily take any untouched song or demo so don't get me wrong, but I don't like the fact that I'll have to spend most of my life waiting to hear everything there is.

Oh and finishing demos or making songs sound more current wouldn't really be a problem... IF they were to release the original recordings on a second disc or whatever. It's not rocket science, they just need to listen to what the fans say, or at least try to (cause we're still gonna be here and buy their stuff as the years go by). Still, they have a long wait to go as they've just started doing this.

Hopefully they do listen...

Last edited:
Oh and finishing demos or making songs sound more current wouldn't really be a problem... IF they were to release the original recordings on a second disc or whatever. It's not rocket science, they just need to listen to what the fans say, or at least try to (cause we're still gonna be here and buy their stuff as the years go by). Still, they have a long wait to go as they've just started doing this.

I totally agree with this. Fine, release songs making them sound "current" (not messing them up too much of course), but RELEASE THE ORIGINAL VERSIONS TOO!

It's not hard! Why not release them? Are they saving them? For what? Releasing the "original version" later on a compilation?

You know what, i agree with that strategy but i still feel like they could have squeezed in Hot Fever
(TWYMMF Demo). It was one of the most succesful songs during the bad era, cmon.

They could have released just the original Album with one Unreleased Track and 3 Remixes :D
be happy!

Back