Official track list of bad 25th anniversary special edition is unveiled

And Bonus Tracks Include:

1. The Way You Make Me Feel (Performed at Wembley the previous night, July 15, 1988)

Woohoo! :clapping:

Regarding the track list of the 2nd CD: I agree with you guys that they should have added more unreleased songs. The inclusion of Streetwalker and Fly Away is unneccessary. But I'm still very satisfied - I can't wait to listen to new, untouched (demo) songs from Michael! :woohoo:

What if the VHS is at a bad stage for TWYMMF, unwatchable so they left it out, and out of the CD? To compensate for us missing TWYMMF, they put in the 15th one? If he did it (I'm almost certain), he would've wore the Blue shirt for MITM, which he did according to MJJLatvia's picture. It's just an idea, but I really don't understand the exclusion of TWYMMF from the CD, just use the 15th audio surely?

Free - song Michael cited he had written at his copyright hearing in Mexico in 1993;
Price of Fame - song slated to appear on Michael's 1987 album BAD, and to be the theme for his new PEPSI Cola commercial, but it failed to make the album and was replaced by BAD on the commercial;

Anyone have some info about "I’m So Blue" and "Song Groove (A/K/A Abortion Papers)" ??

Last edited:
Maybe Song Groove (A/K/A Abortion Papers) is related with Groove Of Midnight. Just sayin'. If they are same, we will so happy to hear MJ's version of the song.

I'm even more excited now, if that was even possible.

Just one question though, was Buffalo Bill a Bad outtake because I was kinda hoping that it would be on the tracklist, but oh well.

Thsi is so great news!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no complains for the disc 2 tracklist,the number of the unreleased tracks is fine for me and I don't mind about the remixes either.I like a lot of songs with Pitbull featured in them.

And it's great the'll add TWYMMF to the DVD cause I've been craving for a full pro performance for a really long time!!!

My only complain would be that the dvd could have some kind of other bonus instead of the 2 songs from Yocohama,unless it's a different night from the known one that exists.

I can't wait for September!!!!:dancin::clap::woohoo::clapping:

Maybe Song Groove (A/K/A Abortion Papers) is related with Groove Of Midnight. Just sayin'. If they are same, we will so happy to hear MJ's version of the song.

I was thinking the same, maybe is related to Groove of Midnight but then again the name "Abortion Papers" makes me doubt about it. Who knows! :D

Totally happy with all of this! Can't wait! :wild:

:lol: @ 'Abortion Papers' ...how random, Mike haha

Not keen on remixes, but at least they kept them to a minimum, and if they have to be there, I'm looking forward to hearing Speed Demon remixed as it's one of my absolute fave MJ songs...

I don't get the point of adding IJCSLY and Bad from Yokohama.
And what I mean is, if they would add extra songs, why not add the songs that were dropped from the first leg??

Things I Do For You
Off The Wall
Lovely One
Shake Your Body

well none of those songs that were dropped are from the bad album

Bunch of BAD Era songs that could be added to the disc. I really think they could've added at least 4-5 more. And there must be even more, as songs like "I'm So Blue", "Free" and "Song Groove" were unknown until now (as far as I know).

reality check time: As fans we probably prefer they give us everything now but the reality is that as Michael is dead and as the songs at hand is now a fixed number they are going to divide them up so that they can have future releases for years to come. So they won't give us 10-20 unreleased songs. Comparison wise we can all agree that what we'll get is better than Thriller 25.

I agree. I understand fans want to hear as much new material as soon as possible, but we have to keep in mind that the Estate is not just thinking about pleasing fans right now, they also have to think years ahead. They want to keep Michael's legacy alive, and it's a wise idea to release some songs later, to give fans something to look forward to for years to come. Releasing tons of new material all at once would be foolish.

co-sign

I honestly don't think it has any relation to Groove of Midnight. Rod Temperton wrote Groove of Midnight and I doubt that he would write anything that would be called "Abortion Papers". And to top it of, the song was given to Siedah Garrett at the end of the day..

Im just very excited and very happy that The estate is bringing Michael to the world with class dignity and a BANG .. #WHO'SBAD and with Spike lee's BAD25 Documentary this is a perfect release to Celebrate Michael's Bad 25th Anniversary - IM just so HAPPY :wild:

TWYMMF as bonus, great. that way we can see what quality and condition the other "not personal vhs", problably Umatic tapes are.
IJCSLY finally in cd quality. 6 demos. overall this is the best package ever.
And later the Spike Lee docu blu-ray. Can this get any better?

I'm so excited and to add Spike Lee's documentary along with Bad 25, this is gonna be awesome! :dancin::clap:

So you think the audio would be worse and the picture quality better than the 16th ?

Go-Flying (member of MJJC) recorded the shows from july 15th and July 16th on multitracks. So the sound will be equal to the rest of the quality from the CD and DVD. The reason why July 16th will be released is because Michael was electrifying that night and it was a big contrast according to him. He says that from all the shows he ever saw and or recorded, this one is craved in his memory.

It would be a nice touch if there was an option to either watch the show as it was or to watch it with The Way You Make Me Feel inserted in its original place.

I’m just a little disappointed that we won’t get the Tatiana kiss on this, but I hope it’s because they’re keeping it for another release.

So excited for this! :clap:

I'm excited about this tracklist :wild: (I knew there would be people in here complaining though lol) just one thing are Fly Away and Streetwalker just gonna be the same thing as on the Ultimate Collection? :unsure: I'm So Blue, Song Groove & Free I've never heard of, so I'm curious what they sound like.

Despite there being Pitbull on this. I personally can not stand his kind of music. So wish it was the extended version of Bad instead. I have it and it is better than the original. Other than that. I so totally can not wait to get this now. Especially knowing Michael had performed Dirty Diana on this concert. Now I really can not wait to see this concert.

I'm disappointed that two of the three remixes are of the same song by the same DJ and that one of the remixes features Pitbull. Additionally, I'm wondering if it would have been better to space out the two alternate versions of "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" on the track list a bit.

These are just minor complaints, though. I'm still very much looking forward to this anniversary collection.

Aweeesooome! At first i was a little dissapointed with the demos but then i realized this is an amazing package! We fans should be so happy right now, we got a remasterd Original CD then we got a live cd then a cd with demos and outtakes then a concert dvd and a 2 hours documentary! To be honest it brings tears to my eyes, after all these years, all those petitions we finally get to see a 2nd leg Bad Tour concert!

Thank you for this gift The Estate you have done a fantastic job and last but not least thank you Michael for the eternal and never ending music you have given us

I'm excited about this tracklist :wild: (I knew there would be people in here complaining though lol) just one thing are Fly Away and Streetwalker just gonna be the same thing as on the Ultimate Collection? :unsure: I'm So Blue, Song Groove & Free I've never heard of, so I'm curious what they sound like.

Neither Fly Away nor Steetwalker appear on the Ultimate Collection.

I am just HAPPY :) :) :)

I just wonder how some of us can still be disappointed somehow ???
I am also glad they add Bad from Yokohama. His performance of the song was outstanding that night, much better than the wembley version we already have IMO. Seeing it in pristine quality will sure please me. Not sure what IJCSLY will bring though, we will see when comparing wembley and Yokohama version.

And TWYMMF...OMG !!! Clearly they have listened to us there and knew fans would be disappointed missing one performance of the tour.

+ first MJ live CD ever
+ Demos
+ Bad25 documentary

For CD 1, my only hope is that they release it with the early mixes that came out back then, with SC heartbeat intro and IJCSLY spoken intro. If they have any doubt, they should just do it the MJ way ;)

Buffalo Bill (1983) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Inspired by the legendary gunfighter James Butler Hickok aka Buffalo "Wild Bill"
Hickok. Supposed to be an outtake of the album VICTORY (1984) by The Jacksons,
later intended to be released on the album BAD (1987).

Sources:

• Michael Jackson's then manager Frank Dileo in an interview in 1984
  • Michael Jackson's court deposition in Mexico in November 1993

Hot Fever (1985) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Demo of The Way You Make Me Feel (1987)
Source: United States Copyright Office (registered in October 1985)

Eaten Alive (1985) (Barry Gibb, Maurice Gibb, Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Originally written only by the two Bee Gees, then Michael re-wrote the chorus
Two demos exist: one sung by the two Bee Gees, and another one sung by Michael
Source: United States Copyright Office (registered twice: in March and in July 1985)

Tomboy (1985) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Outtake of the album BAD (1987)
Sources:

• United States Copyright Office (registered in October 1985)
  • Michael Jackson's court deposition in Mexico in November 1993

What You Do To Me (1985) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Could be rewritten for a scheduled release on the album INVINCIBLE (2001)

Source: United States Copyright Office
(registered twice: in October 1985 and again in December 1998)

Crack Kills (1986) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Features hip hop group Run DMC which is given credit in the booklet
of the album BAD (1987) (Special Edition, 2001). Due to tensions
between both sides the song finally did not make the album BAD (1987).

Early unfinished lyrics of this song have been sold by auction twice:
first in November 2005 and once again online via Ebay in 2006

Source: Michael Jackson's court deposition in Mexico in November 1993

Pyramid Girl (1986) (Michael Jackson)

Michael Jackson
Demo of Liberian Girl (1987)

Chicago 1945 (1987) (Michael Jackson, Steve Porcaro)
Supposed alternative title: Chicago Nights
(as seen in the movie MOONWALKER (1988))

Michael Jackson
The song was reworked in 2000 for the album INVINCIBLE (2001)

See also: --> Chicago 1945 - Reworked Version (2000)

Creep (1987) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
Note: The year the song was written and recorded is unproven
(but has to be prior to 1994).

Get Around (1987) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
The song was reworked in 2000 for the album INVINCIBLE (2001)

See also: --> Get Around - Reworked Version (2000)

Groove Of Midnight (1987) (Rod Temperton)
Michael Jackson
Michael can be heard singing it a bit on a leaked snippet
from a recording session for the album BAD (1987)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bunch of BAD Era songs that could be added to the disc. I really think they could've added at least 4-5 more. And there must be even more, as songs like "I'm So Blue", "Free" and "Song Groove" were unknown until now (as far as I know).

In my opinion they are saving "better" or more complete songs (not demos) for future releases of unreleased material, like MICHAEL album.

Back