Ok you are going to laugh at me but....BARRY MANILOW!! LOL!!

LOL don't be embarrassed... I like Barry Manilow too! I remember seeing him as a special guest on American Idol (the season with Fantasia), and I've loved him ever since. The tribute he did for Michael at the '84 AMA's (or grammys, can't remember lol) was awesome and I love Copacabana. He's a great musician :yes:

barry is a soulful cat and i dig his arrangements. you let him get a hold of beyonce and alicia keys musically and just watch what might could happen there.

Barry is amazing!! My mum is a massive fan and we have been to see him like 100 times and tht is not even an exaggeration! She loves michael to and when she saw the tribute barry did to michael she almost peed her pants! The only down fall i have off barry is he is really quite rude apart from that he is lovely lol

OMG...I am a huge Barry fan...I went to my first Barry concert in 1983 I was 16 my older sister took me and I had a wonderful time..I have since seen him two more times..hubby took me the last time in 2008 for our 24 wedding anniversary...Barry is fantastic...I have a zip up sweat shirt that says Manilow on the front also all the cd's...I guess I am a big fan.:lmao:

I love Barry's music. I saw him in Las Vegas a few years ago and he puts on a great show. My favorite song is "Weekend in New England". Plus, he's from Brooklyn and we grew up in the same neighborhood (different times though). :)

Barry talks about Michael Jackson...

Is this 1984 tribute on youtube? I can't find it.

thanks, Barry.

as far as Barry's music, itself..great music is great music. nothing to laugh about, Linda C. Barry's early ballads are the stuff of classicdom.

here's the 1984 tribute to Michael from Barry Manilow...you have to have quicktime, in order for it to work. it seems that with the expression on Michael's face, he had already experienced a lifetime's worth of the evils of what jealous people will try to do to a successful person of MJ's caliber:

http://www.barrynethomepage.com/bin/amajacksonmanilowtribute.mov

Last edited:
Barry is amazing!! My mum is a massive fan and we have been to see him like 100 times and tht is not even an exaggeration! She loves michael to and when she saw the tribute barry did to michael she almost peed her pants! The only down fall i have off barry is he is really quite rude apart from that he is lovely lol

well, being rude would be a dealbreaker for me.

thanks, Barry.

as far as Barry's music, itself..great music is great music. nothing to laugh about, Linda C. Barry's early ballads are the stuff of classicdom.

here's the 1984 tribute to Michael from Barry Manilow...you have to have quicktime, in order for it to work. it seems that with the expression on Michael's face, he had already experienced a lifetime's worth of the evils of what jealous people will try to do to a successful person of MJ's caliber:

http://www.barrynethomepage.com/bin/amajacksonmanilowtribute.mov

Thanks for the link. That was nice. You know, I saw this show live as it happened but can't remember much except Michael accepting bunches of awards. :)

Thanks for the link. That was nice. You know, I saw this show live as it happened but can't remember much except Michael accepting bunches of awards. :)

well Barry's great, but the brightest stars do shine biggest in our memories..and MJ's the brightest greatest star.:yes:

I listened to him years ago. I can still listen to his music but not daily as I do with Michaels music.Bermuda triangle is a song I remember.

It's the New York City Rhythm runnin' thru my life
The poundin' beat of the city's streets
That keep my dreams alive
I'm lost, I'm found
I'm up, I'm down
But somehow I survive
It's got to be the New York City Rhythm in my life
It's got to be the New York City Rhtym in my life...

Ya got that right, Barry.

I love the Latin music influence towards the end...

Irreverent punishment has teenagers enduring Manilow

FORT LUPTON - The members of the rock band Revolving Reverence have big plans. They want platinum albums. They want sold-out shows. They want legions of fans.

On the night 9NEWS visited them, however, all the freshmen in high school wanted was way out of the room they were in.

"You can't fall asleep," Rueben Fuentes says right before letting out a bit of a sigh.

Fort Lupton Police recently caught them and about a dozen or so others residents violating the town's noise ordinance. So as a form of punishment, the town had them sit in a room for an hour and listen to everything from Barry to Barney.

That's Barry Manilow and Barney the Purple Dinosaur in case you're wondering.

"These people should have to listen to music they don't like," said Judge Paul Sacco.

Ten years ago, Judge Sacco noticed something that bothered him. It wasn't just the fact that so many of the faces in his courtroom were so very familiar to him. There were a lot of repeat offenders.

No, what really irked him was the idea that many of them were teenagers who simply came equipped with their parent's cash in hand to help them pay off the fines that he would inevitably impose.

"So they weren't getting a lot out of it," he said.

That's when he decided to do something a tad unorthodox. Call it Fort Lupton's version of the Golden Rule. Judge Sacco says it has really cut down on "repeats."

"Most kids don't want to hear somebody like Glen Close trying to sing opera," he said right before showing us a bit of a grin.

The town typically carries out the sentences of noise violators four times a year.

Revolving Reverence ended up there because not too long ago they played a gig. OK, so that gig was at a band member's father's house. And their stadium was a backyard.

But it was a gig and they had no intention of letting their audience down.

"The cop station was two blocks away," explained band member Robert Mort. "People who were at the party loved it. I'm not sure the cops did."

"Too much music, too loud, too late," said fellow band member Harrison DeRuiter.

They each received a ticket for violating the town's noise ordinance. Judge Sacco was the one who sentenced them to Barry Manilow.

"I actually don't think Manilow's too bad," he said.

Will Revolving Reverence find its way back to court? Who knows? However, they have no intention of giving up on their dreams.

"Of course, all of us are going to rock," said Fuentes.

Maybe a Barry Manilow cover will be their big break-out song. Probably not.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=104411&catid=188

I am a huge Barry fan I have been to 3 of his concerts....I love Barry and I dont care who knows it..:lmao:

[youtube]90R3rTgDciQ[/youtube]
1970719-1978-dick-clark-barry-manilow-clive-davis-617-409.jpg

19jALR.St.4.jpg

This is the only thread I could find about Barry Manilow. He's nominated for his 15th Grammy Award this year and I think that is really, really cool.
But our news just broke in that he's been rushed to the hospital-something about a surgery he had earlier this week. I will try to find out more.

Back