Oprah Show on Michael jackson's new album 'Michael' *Update Post 994*

I'm glad that Michael had friends like the Cascios. Based on the home videos shown on Oprah, Michael seemed to enjoy himself with the Cascios.

What I found inappropriate is overly praising the Cascios, while criticizing the Jacksons. While saying the Jackson family is the American royalty is a bit exaggerating, the Jackson family is indeed America's first family in entertainment. The Jackson Five, the Jacksons, Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson all left a mark in music history. It's true all their successes (including Janet's success) are due to Michael. But, it doesn't mean the brothers are a bunch of talentless wannabe.

If you are familiar with the Jackson Five era, you'll see Michael was not the only star. Both Jackie and Jermaine were very popular as well. They had nice voice. Yet, their talents are pale when compared to the enormous genius of Michael. But, that doesn't make them lesser as musicians. Jackie, Tito, Jermain and Randy are very musical. They just didn't find the level of success Michael had. Michael was one in a billion. An unique talent like Michael only came to this world once in history. Can you imagine having a shining star and strong force like Michael as brother? It's not easy to be a Jackson, as the sibling is always compared to Michael.

Out of the nine children, one turned out to be the greatest entertainer of all time, one turned out to be an icon in her own right, four turned out okay (Rebbie, Jackie, Tito and Marlon), so six out of nine children were successful. Marlon is not a deadbeat dad. Rebbie is not a irresponsible mother. So, what's so wrong with the family? I fully realize Michael's pain was mostly due to Joe's abuse. I also realize the questionalbe behaviors by the Jacksons in the past year. But, if Michael forgave Joe and found love in him, I don't know what gave us justification to continuously bash the family. No one family is perfect. No one family is issue-free.

In Michael's darkest hours, it's not us or the Cascios who was with him day in and day out in the courtroom, it's Katherine Jackson - the woman Michael loved unconditionally throughout his life. For that alone, she deserves my respect.

We all love Michael. Do you think he would have wanted us to criticize his own flesh and blood in the name of "defending" him? I truly don't think so.

I'm glad that Michael had friends like the Cascios. Based on the home videos shown on Oprah, Michael seemed to enjoy himself with the Cascios.

What I found inappropriate is overly praising the Cascios, while criticizing the Jacksons. While saying the Jackson family is the American royalty is a bit exaggerating, the Jackson family is indeed America's first family in entertainment. The Jackson Five, the Jacksons, Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson all left a mark in music history. It's true all their successes (including Janet's success) are due to Michael. But, it doesn't mean the brothers are a bunch of talentless wannabe.

[...]

In Michael's darkest hours, it's not us or the Cascios who was with him day in and day out in the courtroom, it's Katherine Jackson [...].

We all love Michael. Do you think he would have wanted us to criticize his own flesh and blood in the name of "defending" him? I truly don't think so.

So true...

If you are familiar with the Jackson Five era, you'll see Michael was not the only star. Both Jackie and Jermaine were very popular as well. They had nice voice. Yet, their talents are pale when compared to the enormous genius of Michael. But, that doesn't make them lesser as musicians. Jackie, Tito, Jermain and Randy are very musical. They just didn't find the level of success Michael had. Michael was one in a billion. An unique talent like Michael only came to this world once in history. Can you imagine having a shining star and strong force like Michael as brother? It's not easy to be a Jackson, as the sibling is always compared to Michael.

Out of the nine children, one turned out to be the greatest entertainer of all time, one turned out to be an icon in her own right, four turned out okay (Rebbie, Jackie, Tito and Marlon), so six out of nine children were successful. Marlon is not a deadbeat dad. Rebbie is not a irresponsible mother. So, what's so wrong with the family? I fully realize Michael's pain was mostly due to Joe's abuse. I also realize the questionalbe behaviors by the Jacksons in the past year. But, if Michael forgave Joe and found love in him, I don't know what gave us justification to continuously bash the family. No one family is perfect. No one family is issue-free.

In Michael's darkest hours, it's not us or the Cascios who was with him day in and day out in the courtroom, it's Katherine Jackson - the woman Michael loved unconditionally throughout his life. For that alone, she deserves my respect.

Uh-oh ! You're making TOO much sense. You're defending them too much. You know the unspoken rule is everyone else EXCEPT the Jacksons should get the benefit of the doubt.

Although I am abit miffed at the way some of the Jacksons have behaved and what some of them have said during this past year, I still like them as a family and I believe they all are greiving. Grief makes people do and say things that are from the range of questionable to outright stupid. The contempt some fans have for the Jacksons, you would think they (Jacksons) had murdered Michael and not Murray **AND COMPANY**.

It's incredible that the filthy press never found out about this family. I mean Michael obviously spent alot of time with this family and he had to travel there. Surely you'd think the press would eventually find out or notice it, but nope. Of course there wasn't always media around, but they hunted him alot...and could have easily followed him. Impressive i must say.

Press always knew about them. Can't tell you how many times my hometown tabloids the ny daily news, and ny post made the short trip to new jersey and knocked on the cascios door. But the cascios mostly spat on them. The few times the cascios spoke was always in solid support of MJ.

Jackson_popcorn.gif

I see your point Gerry Evans but if Mike's family is telling the children that your father was a drug addict, how is that going to be positive for them? Those kids probably have always seen their father alert and loving towards them but now to hear their grandmother, grandfather, uncles and aunts talk down about their father how is that positive?

I don't believe they're telling them he was a "drug addict". I believe they soft peddle whatever issues they may think he had. True on Oprahs show, Katherine didn't refute Oprah calling MJ a drug addict, but she, nor the family have ever characterized him in such disparaging terms. They've talked of interventions and of him being in denial, but they never deride or demean him.

In the early 90's when Katherine gave interviews addressing MJ's rehab stay, she said that he had developed a dependency on pain pills, and that it can happen to any one, and he was getting help for his problem. A problem is something anyone can have and she put MJ's on a very human level. If something is discussed with the children, I have a feeling that's how it's been presented to them. And I don't think anyone is going on and on about it in any regard. .It's the media and the general public who have a preoccupation and consistently bring up drugs, not even relating it to Murray at all.

I certainly don't get the impression that the family's belief of a problem defined who MJ was, or that it detracted him from being a loving, gifted, wonderful man that any child can be proud of. The brothers, sisters, cousins seem to spend far more time praising their dad, and telling them how much they loved him.

Paris has lived with the Jacksons for nearly 18 months, and she seemed as proud of her father with Oprah as she was on the day of the memorial. There was no confusion in her about him being "exceptional". It's something that still seems to be reinforced. Her three uncles beamed with pride at her and Prince when they gave that loving tribute of MJ at the Grammy's.

I think they get a lot of positive support from their family and they're glad to be surrounded by them.

I don't know.. I just don't see the family talking positively about MJ at all around the children. I just can't see Janet and Rebbie telling the media MJ was an addict but telling his children something different. I know the kids had to hear that. That is not good in my opinion.

A slap in the face of the Jackson family:

[highlight]"Michael was very private, and he saw the warmth and how we respected him for who he was and how he just didn't want us to be that family that goes out and, you know, talks about Michael Jackson,"[/highlight] Eddie says. [highlight]"And we never did that."[/highlight]

:punk::punk::punk:

We praise the Cascios because they deserve to be praised; we get outraged at most of the Jacksons because their actions have been outrageous. “It’s inappropriate to overly praise the Cascios, while criticising the Jacksons”!!!! No, neither had to do with the other.Both The Cascios & the Jacksons had had the fans community support since forever. Cascios, even though they knew him for ages, even though they were offered astronomical figures by the media & threatened by the prosecutors to turn against him, they declined. They were there for him during the allegations. On personal level they offered him a sanctuary from the obsessed world. After his death Michael Jackson the person, the personality, the character was protected. After his death they did not allow themselves to judge him publically like his OWN mother and siblings did, they did not act “oh my God finally I can speak freely”. They kept everything to themselves. They HOUNORD HIM in death as they did in life. Thus rightfully love & respect continue toward them .On the other Hand, when the Casicos declined the offers by the media, Latoya was busy collecting “documentation” of her brother “criminal behaviour”. When MJ was being ripped of his dignity & pride standing that trial his younger brother was doing deals he knew they meant MJ’s financial ruin only because those deals would get him a cut. When MJ was a broken nomad, Jermaine was busy making deals with Sheikhs and later shady characters like Tohme again for a cut. He forgave them . NONE OF THEM EVEN ATTEMPETED TO APOLOGIZE. None of them admitted they did him wrong. Although he forgave them , he did not forget ,he chose to run away AGAIN. He did not get back at them. Janet like the rest of them did not “understand nor comprehend” his actions, or should I say RE actions. Once again he became the one to be blamed . It’s the drugs. It’s Raymone’s fault. Its Grace’s fault .It’s Klein’s fault but God forbids her or anyone in that family admit it’s their fault he’s running away again.He died. They were saddened by his death, sure. Grieving, sure. But within hours they were back to their old selves. Nothing changed. No regrets whatever .No learned lessons. No second thoughts. No we did him wrong. None of that. They want to benefit from a lawsuit. They want to polish the family’s image. They want to be accepted by Oprah and her audience. They want to sell interviews. Go do it, but do it please with some dignity.Why everything they want has to be gained on his expense? Why are they twisting the facts ? Why representing him as a craving drug addict ? does a settlement worth tranishing his memory? Why the world has to laugh with Oprah at his “toothpick” nose? Have not they laughed enough? If Kline produced a fake song, rather than claiming MJ was peeing in front of kids all the time, I would not have hated Klein the way I do now. Is it of great urgency to rant 24/7 days against Frank& his family while Klein gets a pass on everything he claimed?If Lester came up with the worst demo ever and presented it as MJ’s rather than claiming MJ wanted his semen, I would not have been that much bothered. Where were you when Lester was all over the place? now you want to protect MJ’s legacy from a “fake” song but what Lester claim was not serious enough to even tweet about? “ Michael Jackson what could hurt you the most , Eddie claiming your voice is on Breaking News or Latoya’s claim you told her Blanket was a Mexican boy ?” What action deserves the much outrage from 3T when it comes to MJ? A song or his beloved Blanket. Answer that. The hypocrisy is what killing us. He sure forgave them but we are yet to see evidence suggesting his efforts to forgive have paid off."He loved them, they loved him, he forgave them, we don't know what really happened, give them a break , they are family , who are we to judge" How many times will they get a pass for these excuses? "Paris, Prince & Blanket love them that what matters" . " I don't think they are telling them he was an addict" , I completely agree. Do you think Latoya told them she publically claimed they were not really his kids for some $$$$? I don't Do you think they told them Schaffel was on the stand telling a judge MJ sent him to South America to pay off boys? I don'tDo you think Randy told them I was fueling the stories questioning your dad parenty ? I don'tDo you think Katherine told them how Oprah treated him and how low she wanted everyone to think of him for years? I don't Do you think any of the siblings or parents ranting about his drugs and their so called interventions told them we are telling everyone your dad was on drugs all the time while you were in Bahrain, ireland and Vegas? No they won't. The kids were there with him and they would know their family is telling them BS. Do you think those kids will be happy after knowing all that? Sure, no. The face they are seeing is different from the face we are seeing. That when the word FAKE need to be used . Keep in mind it was decades later when the world realized the Jacksons' "happiness" was FAKE.

Last edited:
No family is perfect but Michael chose to spend time with other people and their families. It's not about not loving them etc but he must have felt something was missing in his own family. It comes across that Michael was the one that took care of the family. Everything was always on his shoulders. I don't know them but did they ever want to talk to Michael that was not related to business and reunion concerts? Just be with him just because. It seems like being with the Cascio famliy he just could be himself Michael and put the business aside. I really think Michael wanted family and business to be separate. Being a show business family changes the family.

People say not to to judge the family because Michael didn't or wouldn't want that. Michael never said a bad word about anyone publically. Not family especially. It doesn't mean he didn't always agree or like their behavior at times. I do know that if it was someone else in the family that died, Michael wouldn't be on tv telling the world about their so called problems.

Last edited:
^ That is absolutely insane thinking. Not only is the idea that 3 songs are fake, now some fans are bold enough to insist two others are fake? Oh give me a break.

I've lost all hope for some of you!

Yeah. When people start to question more than the Cascio songs all hope is out for reason.

Agreed...

Soundmind;3123787 said:
We praise the Cascios because they deserve to be praised; we get outraged at most of the Jacksons because their actions have been outrageous. “It’s inappropriate to overly praise the Cascios, while criticising the Jacksons”!!!! No, neither had to do with the other.Both The Cascios & the Jacksons had had the fans community support since forever. Cascios, even though they knew him for ages, even though they were offered astronomical figures by the media & threatened by the prosecutors to turn against him, they declined. They were there for him during the allegations. On personal level they offered him a sanctuary from the obsessed world. After his death Michael Jackson the person, the personality, the character was protected. After his death they did not allow themselves to judge him publically like his OWN mother and siblings did, they did not act “oh my God finally I can speak freely”. They kept everything to themselves. They HOUNORD HIM in death as they did in life. Thus rightfully love & respect continue toward them .On the other Hand, when the Casicos declined the offers by the media, Latoya was busy collecting “documentation” of her brother “criminal behaviour”. When MJ was being ripped of his dignity & pride standing that trial his younger brother was doing deals he knew they meant MJ’s financial ruin only because those deals would get him a cut. When MJ was a broken nomad, Jermaine was busy making deals with Sheikhs and later shady characters like Tohme again for a cut. He forgave them . NONE OF THEM EVEN ATTEMPETED TO APOLOGIZE. None of them admitted they did him wrong. Although he forgave them , he did not forget ,he chose to run away AGAIN. He did not get back at them. Janet like the rest of them did not “understand nor comprehend” his actions, or should I say RE actions. Once again he became the one to be blamed . It’s the drugs. It’s Raymone’s fault. Its Grace’s fault .It’s Klein’s fault but God forbids her or anyone in that family admit it’s their fault he’s running away again.He died. They were saddened by his death, sure. Grieving, sure. But within hours they were back to their old selves. Nothing changed. No regrets whatever .No learned lessons. No second thoughts. No we did him wrong. None of that. They want to benefit from a lawsuit. They want to polish the family’s image. They want to be accepted by Oprah and her audience. They want to sell interviews. Go do it, but do it please with some dignity.Why everything they want has to be gained on his expense? Why are they twisting the facts ? Why representing him as a craving drug addict ? does a settlement worth tranishing his memory? Why the world has to laugh with Oprah at his “toothpick” nose? Have not they laughed enough? If Kline produced a fake song, rather than claiming MJ was peeing in front of kids all the time, I would not have hated Klein the way I do now. Is it of great urgency to rant 24/7 days against Frank& his family while Klein gets a pass on everything he claimed?If Lester came up with the worst demo ever and presented it as MJ’s rather than claiming MJ wanted his semen, I would not have been that much bothered. Where were you when Lester was all over the place? now you want to protect MJ’s legacy from a “fake” song but what Lester claim was not serious enough to even tweet about? “ Michael Jackson what could hurt you the most , Eddie claiming your voice is on Breaking News or Latoya’s claim you told her Blanket was a Mexican boy ?” What action deserves the much outrage from 3T when it comes to MJ? A song or his beloved Blanket. Answer that. The hypocrisy is what killing us. He sure forgave them but we are yet to see evidence suggesting his efforts to forgive have paid off."He loved them, they loved him, he forgave them, we don't know what really happened, give them a break , they are family , who are we to judge" How many times will they get a pass for these excuses? "Paris, Prince & Blanket love them that what matters" . " I don't think they are telling them he was an addict" , I completely agree. Do you think Latoya told them she publically claimed they were not really his kids for some $$$$? I don't Do you think they told them Schaffel was on the stand telling a judge MJ sent him to South America to pay off boys? I don'tDo you think Randy told them I was fueling the stories questioning your dad parenty ? I don'tDo you think Katherine told them how Oprah treated him and how low she wanted everyone to think of him for years? I don't Do you think any of the siblings or parents ranting about his drugs and their so called interventions told them we are telling everyone your dad was on drugs all the time while you were in Bahrain, ireland and Vegas? No they won't. The kids were there with him and they would know their family is telling them BS. Do you think those kids will be happy after knowing all that? Sure, no. The face they are seeing is different from the face we are seeing. That when the word FAKE need to be used . Keep in mind it was decades later when the world realized the Jacksons' "happiness" was FAKE.

For the first time in my life, I'm literally applauding something I read on the internet.

Congratulations. You were perfect.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I agree with u too Soundmind as I did Love Is Magical! But, the difference being for me no one should be over looked being the Cascio's, The Jacksons, Teddy, Sony/Estate when it comes to judging some of the things that have been done lately! That's my opinion and I stick to it!

Some folks in this tread seem to be obsessed with Michael’s private life details making pointless remarks.lol

Soundmind , you are in a deep denial about Jacksons. I see a lot of controversy in your post. You are attacking Jacksons because they said something about drug problems. Well...Let's see then....
Ask yourself then what killed King of Pop? And you will see no logic in your post. You are not a conspirasy teorist like me right? I can see it from your post about jacksons. So....? I do not buy “Murray made a mistake” theory. No more comments. You do need to answer me here.

No family is perfect but Michael chose to spend time with other people and their families. It's not about not loving them etc but he must have felt something was missing in his own family.

Jacksons are a famous family in musical business and sure many simple things get missed in families like that. Cascios are a regular family. Michael loved simple things because he was missing it and wanted this experience. It does not mean that he did not love his own family. He loved them and spent time with them too. He did not like to do business with his family and it is very understandable. It kills realtionships.

Last edited:
Soundmind, what a powerful post. I applaud you as well.

I believe with all my heart that Michael loved his family, but that does not mean that he wasn't hurt or heart broken by actions of his family. Yes he loved his family, and was respectful of them but I think that being around the Cascio's could have been a healthier environment for him. Perhaps being with the Casico family was less pressure, less stressful for him. It really touched me when Connie spoke about him sleeping through the night at their home, if being with the family gave Michael some peaceful nights, where he felt safe, well I'm thankful for them for that.

Wow just wow. Soundmind You're my new hero. You truly know what you're talking about.
clap.gif

I guess it's hard for some people to understand the difference between a well grounded family and a dysfunctional one.

When Michael was telling the rabbi about when he was younger and Joe was pulling in the driveway and the kids would run to their rooms and Joe would come banging on Michael's door and Michael didn't want let him in because he knew he'd get a beating; this was exactly what was happening in my family (and we were girls getting beaten with the leather belt) and like Michael I learn to forgive through therapy but our family could never be close. So when I see a genuine family like the Cascios, I completely understand why Michael prefered them and I'm sure there's a lot of jalousy going on right about now (TJ anyone?)

Also, I've been listening to the Facebook CD stream all day and for the life of me I cannot understand how some people still insist on their fake theory. It's truly mind bogling. They're everywhere on YT, Amazon.com, etc spewing their negative campaign. I can only think at this point that they're paid trolls. There's no other explanation. :doh:

Soundmind;3123787 said:

Jacksons are a famous family in musical business and sure many simple things get missed in families like that. Cascios are a regular family. Michael loved simple things because he was missing it and wanted this experience. It does not mean that he did not love his own family. He loved them and spent time with them too. He did not like to do business with his family and it is very understandable. It kills realtionships.[/QUOTE]

Yes it does hurt relationships but I don't think some in his family understand that.They always wanted Michael to do business with and reunion concerts etc. I don't think Michael was interested in that anymore. I think he just wanted his family to be family and some didn't get that.

^ That is absolutely insane thinking. Not only is the idea that 3 songs are fake, now some fans are bold enough to insist two others are fake? Oh give me a break.

I've lost all hope for some of you!

I agree, it is beyond hope. Now people are questioning almost every track on the album because of all the "fake" talk. Nice job.

Yes, SOME of the Jacksons had some talent of their own, but not even in the same ballpark as Michael. Janet is the exception, but she's still not close to his success. But no one is saying anything about the Jacksons and their success. We are simply saying that they seem to try to use Michael and hang on his coattails, and that's the truth. Of course they love him, but they have also hurt him because of jealousy. No one usually mentions Katherine because, yes, she was there every day of the trial to support her son. We all know she truly loved Michael. I don't think anyone should be calling them names, but we can call it like we see it. And as I've said before, there was a reason Michael distanced himself from them and excluded them all from his will.

No family is perfect but Michael chose to spend time with other people and their families. It's not about not loving them etc but he must have felt something was missing in his own family. It comes across that Michael was the one that took care of the family. Everything was always on his shoulders. I don't know them but did they ever want to talk to Michael that was not related to business and reunion concerts? Just be with him just because. It seems like being with the Cascio famliy he just could be himself Michael and put the business aside. I really think Michael wanted family and business to be separate. Being a show business family changes the family.

People say not to to judge the family because Michael didn't or wouldn't want that. Michael never said a bad word about anyone publically. Not family especially. It doesn't mean he didn't always agree or like their behavior at times. I do know that if it was someone else in the family that died, Michael wouldn't be on tv telling the world about their so called problems.

Exactly!

Soundmind, what a powerful post. I applaud you as well.

I believe with all my heart that Michael loved his family, but that does not mean that he wasn't hurt or heart broken by actions of his family. Yes he loved his family, and was respectful of them but I think that being around the Cascio's could have been a healthier environment for him. Perhaps being with the Casico family was less pressure, less stressful for him. It really touched me when Connie spoke about him sleeping through the night at their home, if being with the family gave Michael some peaceful nights, where he felt safe, well I'm thankful for them for that.

I'm happy about that too, and Soundmind, your post was great. :yes:

Asedora;3123863 said:
I do not buy “Murray made a mistake” theory. No more comments. You do need to answer me here.

I dont buy that either

Re: Oprah Show on Michael jackson's new album 'Michael' *Update Post 700*

144,000, I see your point very well and it is very interesting what you say. But I have to disagree about your "royalty" theory for the whole family. Royalty comes from God, not from blood in my theory. I came to this conclusion after a few years of being interested in this subject.
No doubt, Jacksons are a very special family but, Royalty blessings imo are only on Michael. This child was chosen and given a talent. European families made mistakes many times in human history trying to keep their royalty blood lines, thinking that God's blessings come automatically to all relatives and in the end our history is full of bloody dictators and weak rulers. I do not what to go deep into this because it is not a proper forum.
I just wanted to say that Michael is only the one who was chosen imo The rest of the family just have to keep his legacy alive. If somebody has God's blessings of royalty it is hard to miss.
I would agree with the rest of your post about Jacksons. They deserve more respect :flowers:

yes i agree with the part about God.

What breaks my heart the most is how lonely Michael was.We were seeing him in Bahrain...sitting down with his friends. I can truly imagine how he felt. He wrote himself that he was a man with no land. :( :(
I am not gonna say his family betrayed him, that would be too much. They stayed by him through the trial, thank God.
But I don"t think they were that close as they say. Michael got away for a reason. Even Katherine said she didn"t know the kids so well. Michael had his own family and I bet he did not want to live with them. Jackson"s acts after 25.6 were not always graceful.
There was always money. again, I am not saying they are not sad but.....I expected a diferent reaction. That"s just me.
I will never forget those years after the trial. Never. I wanted to reach out and send him my love. If someone had that chance and passed....I wonder how can they live with themselves. :(

I know Oprah has been a thorn in MJ's side for many years but she is powerful and this will be great promotion for his album. Gotta give the devil his due.

As for the Cascios debate, I'm so over it. I'm enjoying the music as it should be enjoyed. I'm not letting the same type of rumors and lies made about MJ cross over in to his music. I feel sorry for those who do.

Michael shared love and joy with this family. He must have felt safe and loved in their presence. What a gift for him!

How wonderful and heartbreaking that he spoke to them only days before his death.

I'm at peace and over the controversy about the Cascio tracks. Believe what you need to believe.

We all want the same thing: Michael with us.

Gotta give the devil his due.

No, nothing should be given to it.

Oprah seemed a bit sunnier in this interview. I don't know if she'll care to change her mind about Michael, frankly, I don't care. But she seemed a bit more open to listen to the family's recounts on him.

Back