Organizing chat group/Facebook group to stay in touch

My suggestion: CLOSED GROUP and if people want to be invited they should tell the admin what their username on MJJC is so it can be validated for security reasons so we know they arent trolls.

Whichever people go with I'm fine but I've never used Wordpress blogs before.

i hope u guys dont close this forum in the next 24hours. cause im not online then :(
how do we get informed about the "new forum"?

I was just trying to add a poll to this post but couldn't figure out how. :/

Anyone else please chime in with your vote: Facebook or Wordpress forum

We should decide soon!

I was just trying to add a poll to this post but couldn't figure out how. :/

Anyone else please chime in with your vote: Facebook or Wordpress forum

We should decide soon!

......Facebook:D:yes::punk: Its easy not hard to set up a'
profile etc,members who may need help can PM me here:D:yes::punk:

so facebook again o_O
naah i dont get this lol
well if u guys decide to stay in touch via facebook, im not able to change my name there in "Misayko". i hope u will accept me in ur group :(

I'm currently paying for tons of unused webspace. If you would like to use it to create a dedicated support forum/blog or anything, it's available. Free of charge of course.

so facebook again o_O
naah i dont get this lol
well if u guys decide to stay in touch via facebook, im not able to change my name there in "Misayko". i hope u will accept me in ur group :(

....awwww,ofcourse we will:yes::D
it will sure all be ok and set up:yes::D
I voted for it,but thats me ofcourse,not the rest;)

As I look through the messages, it seems there is no clear preference.

Crazy4umjackson and Carol have expressed more interest in Facebook. thrillerchild, orianalee, and TheDangerousFan like a message board idea. Others have no preference.

Both can be private. I believe both are accessible to people all over the world. Both are free.

A "con" of Facebook is that many people use there "real world" identity i.e. full name and photo and I'm not sure if anyone would be uncomfortable with that. (I believe you can change the privacy settings to not display your last name, and FB's privacy settings are consistently improving for more customization.) I'm fine with this but want to be sensitive to others.

A "con" of an external board is only that it's another place to log onto and therefore may not get as much traffic as a more frequently used site like Facebook.

Anyone else think of any additional factors?

Either way I think we should have a similar DISCLAIMER as the Support Forum so there are no legal problems.

Please vote here to pick a format so we can progress with this. Come on, some more people have to feel strongly one way or the other! :)

Please vote here to pick a format so we can progress with this. Come on, some more people have to feel strongly one way or the other! :)

For me I'd rather have Facebook. The groups can be set up nice and tight to only let in who you want, if anyone needs a more personal convo you can pm through your inbox on there, you can upload piccy's, post notes to express your thoughts, and you can comment on what others are saying if they post on the group wall, which is good for feedback.

I'll be happy with whatever format is chosen though, as I like the idea of having a place off site to keep each other going :)

I'm cool with Facebook too. I just made a sample group and played with it a little and the features are pretty cool: We could upload photos, videos, "friend" each other if desired, plus the discussion board is very functional. I like a "secret" group so it is entirely private and not searchable.

Plus I'm on FB constantly as it is! :)

I'll be signing off in a few minutes and will be back in about 6 hours. Please add your thoughts/votes so everyone's opinions can be counted! Gaz/Victoria, I hope we are not taking too much time doing this.... we'll wrap it up soon I promise!

Whichever way we go, does anyone here want to be an admin? I could be one, but I like I said before I don't want to over-commit because my schedule is a little insane these days, so it might be best to split between a few people.

I can help you out if you'd like me too.
I'm unemployed so I have lots of spare time right now.
And when I have a job I'll make time to help out too of course ;)

I love Gaz idea a lot.

I also love the suggestion that Michelle C gave.

I think Gaz's idea of the Wordpress forum may just be more inclusive and also more similar to what we have here now, as long as it's possible to password-protect the entire forum. Gaz, can you confirm this, and if so, set it up?

As a compromise to the Facebook lovers (me included), perhaps we can all organize over at the Wordpress forum and if there is still a desire to have something Facebook-based we can do something additional? We can talk about it more over there, but I'm thinking we should maybe just make a decision so MJJC can move along with closing the forum here as they announced.

Gaz - feel free to let me/us know if there's anything I/we need to do.... I really appreciate your thinking of us and coming up with an idea. I'll be around and online approx 9am-6pm EST tomorrow (Monday).

Thanks and Goodnight all!

^^ By the way, I just want to say that just because I started this thread I don't see myself as the "leader" or whatever, and I feel bad that there isn't a strong consensus for either Wordpress or Facebook, but it's the content that's important, not the format, right? :) Let's make this a happy collaboration for anyone who wants to be involved. Let's help and support each other with L.O.V.E. :yes:

Ok, good night for real this time!

Id vote against facebook. somehow the whole thing is not really working for me (facebook) -.- dunno what i make wrong lol
but who would make another "forum" then? this will take some time, wont it?

Back