Petition For Increase In Charges Against Murray

I understand that some fans feel that there may be more people at fault besides just Murray.... I think that is a perfectly justifiable opinion, but I don't see how why someone with that perspective wouldn't also want to increase the severity of Murray's charges. If you think others are behind it, that means it was certainly premeditated and done with malice/the intention to kill, and not a mere accident.

Thats a good point, but these people are thinking the "either or" or "black or white" scenario. There are no shades of gray in their thinking, so to them, if Murray is punished, no one else can be punished, which is strange to me. Also, some are thinking that Murray made a mistake, so he should not be punished.

ok guys 6452 signatures thats what we have so far..thank you all for spreading the message for Michael....You have all done a wonderful job..there is still time so keep spreading that petition address..

I understand that some fans feel that there may be more people at fault besides just Murray.... I think that is a perfectly justifiable opinion, but I don't see how why someone with that perspective wouldn't also want to increase the severity of Murray's charges. If you think others are behind it, that means it was certainly premeditated and done with malice/the intention to kill, and not a mere accident.

That's quite true, and I've never understood the logic of some people saying that increasing the charges for Murray would have ANYTHING to do with others being charged in the future, if new information comes to light? Bears and bananas? One does not negate the other.

But THIS is about the petition, and I think we've done a fantastic job! Very, very impressive.

[SIZE=+6]6464 [/SIZE][SIZE=+6]Total Signatures[/SIZE]

Last edited:

I agree! I actually started to support this idea with the testimony that emerged in the first 3 days of the Preliminary Hearing.
I would have not supported the petition without this testimony emerging- and I am still beyond horrified. I haven't slept much since the beginning of this hearing. It eats at me.

The thought that more people could be behind it COMPLETELY understandable in my mind. However this specific court case is about Conrad Murray and his involvement in the death of Michael Joseph Jackson. And it is that emerging testimony that highlights his role in this death. There is just no way around it.

I do not see how elevating the charges is letting anyone else 'off the hook'. The person to be tried in this trial is Conrad Murray, not "they". And by the way, an indictment does not have to equal a conviction and a 'guilty verdict'- people forget that very easily.

If others are involved- they too need to be tried. I do not see how these things are excluding one another.

Supporting this petition does not equal stopping to find every individual who has had an involvement in this death- it simply means dealing with the first one to be tried. And the one to be tried admitted to administering what ultimately led to the death of Michael Jackson.

I don't see a conflict in prosecuting Conrad Murray based on his own admissions- and the emerging testimony and evidence thus far and/or potentially prosecuting others down the road, should new evidence indicate the need for it.

The law is not designed for "them", with a few exceptions. We gotta deal with the law the way it's written- if we ever want to claim that others are violating the law.

Last edited:
Is it even possible to sign multiple times from the same IP address? I was trying to sign for my dad and roommates (using their names, e-mail adresses and comments) but it won't let me. It keeps saying Access Blocked?

[SIZE=+6]6615 Total Signatures[/SIZE]
you all did a wonderful job.....all for Michael..

where is this petition going to?

The petition has now been SENT, with a total of 6,615 signatures.

It has been sent to the L.A. District Attorney, the Assistant District Attorney, and to the executors of the Jackson Estate. (We did not send it to the judge, because we didn't think that was appropriate with an ongling preliminary hearing)

There was a cover-letter from M.J.A.N. explaining, and the entire petition was printed out. These two documents were sent as email attachments, and also hard-copies in overnight mail. There were many hundreds of pages, total, and M.J.A.N. members contributed to the cost of mailing.

Inappropriate comments and double-posts were removed.

There will be a press-release later today, announcing the totals.

THANK YOU, to everyone who helped with this, and everyone who signed! That is a LOT of signatures for a petition.

It has been sent to the L.A. District Attorney, the Assistant District Attorney, and to the executors of the Jackson Estate. (We did not send it to the judge, because we didn't think that was appropriate with an ongling preliminary hearing)

There was a cover-letter from M.J.A.N. explaining, and the entire petition was printed out. These two documents were sent as email attachments, and also hard-copies in overnight mail. There were many hundreds of pages, total, and M.J.A.N. members contributed to the cost of mailing.

THANK YOU, to everyone who helped with this, and everyone who signed! That is a LOT of signatures for a petition.

Thank You!! Good Job!!!!

Looks like there were seventy-five double posts (or multiple posts), which is NOT a good idea for a petition. :doh: Not professional, nor accurate. These posts were removed, though. That's why the number was lower on sending than it topped out last night.

Looks like there were seventy-five double posts (or multiple posts), which is NOT a good idea for a petition. :doh: Not professional, nor accurate. These posts were removed, though. That's why the number was lower on sending than it topped out last night.

Good that someone reviewed it and deleted the double posts before sending it.

Good that someone reviewed it and deleted the double posts before sending it.

Yes. It was done as professionally as humanly possible, given the time-constraint. There were some pretty colorful comments! :wild: Those could be removed, without removing the signature. The petition closed out at 6 a.m. this morning, and then had to be printed and copied for multiple recipients, with the cover-letter, also printed and copied. Then, this material was emailed, and also sent hard-copy.

The email will be in the DA's hands, TODAY (technically, depending on when emails are reviewed in his office). The hard-copy will arrive tomorrow.

It's an impressive number,specially having in mind the little time it was up.I was kind of worried about the multiple signatures,but they were not that many,after all ^^ You did a wonderful job.
These days are being a nightmare and I truly think this collective effort is contributing to mitigate the feeling of helplessness many of us have...if that's possible.Let's hope our voices are heard!

Many thanks Autumn,M.J.A.N.,everyone that helped and all those that signed!

It's an impressive number,specially having in mind the little time it was up.I was kind of worried about the multiple signatures,but they were not that many,after all ^^ You did a wonderful job.
These days are being a nightmare and I truly think this collective effort is contributing to mitigate the feeling of helplessness many of us have...if that's possible.Let's hope our voices are heard!

Many thanks Autumn,M.J.A.N.,everyone that helped and all those that signed!

You're welcome. This was quite a group effort at M.J.A.N., and the fans helped enormously in getting the word out!

Not sure, but I think the petition site had a mechanism that recognized duplicate I.P. addresses automatically. (I didn't do the technical aspect) The off-color comments had to be removed manually. Such as the ones calling Murray a !@%#! !#@%&! Jerk! (worse word than "jerk," though).

What about if there was only one computer in the home but say for example 3 different people truely wanted to sign it and that was the only way that they could on the same computer??? as long as they had their own email adress???

:wub:
souldreamer7

:angel: Thank you!

Thank you and everyone at M.J.A.N. for dedicating themselves, their time and finances to this. What a wonderful display of social conscience, to be standing up for something one believes in.
Thank you!

We have decided to RE-OPEN the petition!

The DA will have the email and print-out, but the preliminary hearing is ongoing, and if we gather even more signatures, we will do another press-release announcing the numbers.

Couldn't hurt, to keep it going?

So, it's OPEN again, ok? We don't know how long the prelim will go, but maybe we can hit 10,000? It's POSSIBLE!

(and about the question, what if there are several people/same computer? I think the petition would reject all but one signature, because it's the same I.P. address. Sorry!)

Good idea because he already has the first batch of petitions. Yeah.

Guys go to other places like starbucks/different computer at the job if you want to sign up for family and friends.

Yep let's start a second wave...
Please ask all your friends to read the petition and IF they agree to please sign it!

It is not about making ppl sign whatever however, it's giving them the chance to read and make up their mind.

I've send a lot of pms and messages on facebook and myspace and posted on every messageboard I know... many ppl said thank you to me BECAUSE THEY WOULD HAVE MISSED THE CHANCE TO KNOW ABOUT THE PETITION at all without me writing them.

Thank you all for doing this! At first I wasn't sure if it was the right thing, but then I thought of Michael's children who will never be able to see him again. I thought of everything they'd lost and they deserve justice. Michael deserves justice. He didn't deserve to go out like that. After reading the evidence, I agree. It may not be murder outright, since Murray did not have any intention to kill, but it's certainly not involuntary manslaughter either. There's nothing involuntary about it. He was reckless and lacked any concern for his patient's life. If he cared about him, he would have refused to give him propofol in the first place. Failing that, he would have called 911 straight away and told the truth, instead of worrying about covering his tracks. That tells me he cared about himself more than Michael.

The next charge up from the current one seems more appropriate.

We have decided to RE-OPEN the petition!

The DA will have the email and print-out, but the preliminary hearing is ongoing, and if we gather even more signatures, we will do another press-release announcing the numbers.

Couldn't hurt, to keep it going?

So, it's OPEN again, ok? We don't know how long the prelim will go, but maybe we can hit 10,000? It's POSSIBLE!

(and about the question, what if there are several people/same computer? I think the petition would reject all but one signature, because it's the same I.P. address. Sorry!)

Autumn, is the petition re-opened, or is there a second, new one? I was checking the old one before going for round 2- and it looks like there are no signatures being accepted?

http://www.petitiononline.com/justs4MJ/petition-sign.html

Just wondering.

Back