Picture Of The Day

Re: Anne Geddes' magic

copa-2014%5B1%5D.jpg
:punk:

OMG! :wild: I love cats! :wub: Soooooooooooo cute!!! :wub:

AG09.JPG

Ash, you might recognize the author *giggles*, our gal Anne Geddes. This is my favorite picture of hers of all time; it has a very, very, very special meaning to me. I have this in extra large format framed on one of the walls in my living room.

Them three books in between the lil angels have some interesting titles; going from the book on the left - Dryin out - the complete diapers story, Wicked ways with food - First edition (i imagine they must be at the 4th or 5th edition by now since this pic was done in the 90s or early 00s lol) and Getting your own way. Gotta love Anne's sense of humor and attention to detail :cheeky:
Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! :wub: Beautiful!!!! I do not know which book is this picture. :scratch: It's amazing that all the pictures of Anne are beautiful and wonderful. :wub: I wonder how she can make these pictures and more incredible is that children are never crying in pictures. :wild: You know, children are very restless and are always active. :wild:

That is lovely duckling right there Ash. Most days i still feel i belong to the ugly kind. Gosh, i hate mirrors....
I hate mirrors. -_- Every morning, I avoid looking at the mirror, that image is not always agreeable. :lol:

The eclipse today, at Isla de Pascua (Easter Island), Chile... weeeeee!!!

ScreenHunter_01Jul121434.jpg

Last edited:
words

Ash, Lully - wonderful pictures. Can't wait for the championship in your country. Hopefully, i'll get to enjoy a match or two there, i soooo miss the action on the stadium.

PCR - i looove solar eclipses. I still remember one over here in Europe 11 years ago, it was awesome.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! :wub: Beautiful!!!! I do not know which book is this picture. :scratch: It's amazing that all the pictures of Anne are beautiful and wonderful. :wub: I wonder how she can make these pictures and more incredible is that children are never crying in pictures. :wild: You know, children are very restless and are always active. :wild:

You do make a great point. In cinema they say kids and animals are the hardest actors to work with, for obvious reasons. It is amazing how Anne manages to have the toddlers asleep in the strangest of settings or the little ones (3-5 years) always posing so perfectly to tell the story that she wants to convey.

I hate mirrors. -_- Every morning, I avoid looking at the mirror, that image is not always agreeable. :lol:

You're lucky if it's only mornings. I avoid mirrors all day long and all night long as well and nope, for once i don't mean Lionel Richie or Common songs lol.

Warning - look at your own peril, too much sweetness ahead :p Some might find the following image containing too large amounts of sugar in between all the shades of pink, the hearts and the teddy bears, but i love it - it contains the simplest and at times most difficult words in the world, yet most wonderful as well when they come from the heart and when they are used on a two way street,

loveyai.jpg

Re: words

Celine-Dion-and-Babies-sweety-babies-8130920-1024-768.jpg

28jb5.jpg

Ash I loved your pic. World Cup 2014 here in Brazil :wild: "I'll be there" :punk:

africay.jpg
Thanks! :D

This picture is amazing! :wild:

Ash, Lully - wonderful pictures. Can't wait for the championship in your country. Hopefully, i'll get to enjoy a match or two there, i soooo miss the action on the stadium.
You want to come to Brazil? :wild: :punk: I want to watch many games. :wild:

You do make a great point. In cinema they say kids and animals are the hardest actors to work with, for obvious reasons. It is amazing how Anne manages to have the toddlers asleep in the strangest of settings or the little ones (3-5 years) always posing so perfectly to tell the story that she wants to convey.
Anne could write a book in the future telling their stories, how she makes the selection of babies for pictures and the techniques to be able to shoot these children. She must have many good stories to tell. :yes: :wild:

Is that Michael had some books from Anne Geddes? I'm sure he loved her work. :wub: :heart:

You're lucky if it's only mornings. I avoid mirrors all day long and all night long as well and nope, for once i don't mean Lionel Richie or Common songs lol.
:lol:

Warning - look at your own peril, too much sweetness ahead :p Some might find the following image containing too large amounts of sugar in between all the shades of pink, the hearts and the teddy bears, but i love it - it contains the simplest and at times most difficult words in the world, yet most wonderful as well when they come from the heart and when they are used on a two way street,

loveyai.jpg
I love this picture! :yes: :wub:

PCR - i looove solar eclipses. I still remember one over here in Europe 11 ye

Would you believe me if I tell you it rained yesterday so we couldn't see the eclipse? How bad that was :( OUr fellow country men in other places (mainly at Eastern Island) had it perfect, but for us in Santiago and central Chile, nothing but clouds and rain. And guess what? Today we had a perfectly clear and sunny day!!!!! Unfair

^^^^, PoP that's very cute and very sweet as well :)

You want to come to Brazil? :wild: :punk: I want to watch many games. :wild:

Oh yes, mos defly yes. Come 2014 i got a feeling i will be watchin some of them games live. Maybe we'll meet. :)

Anne could write a book in the future telling their stories, how she makes the selection of babies for pictures and the techniques to be able to shoot these children. She must have many good stories to tell. :yes: :wild:

Is that Michael had some books from Anne Geddes? I'm sure he loved her work. :wub: :heart:

Yes, it would be great if she could right a book like that. Btw thanx for the Celine pic, i know the project from a few years back. I've been subscribed to Anne's website for years now.

And yes, i think Michael was very much aware of her work. It was demonstrated during one circumstance we all hate to remember so i i won't go into the details, but suffice it to say her books belonged to his library.

I love this picture! :yes: :wub:

Thanks Ash, i knew i could always count on ya :cheeky:

Would you believe me if I tell you it rained yesterday so we couldn't see the eclipse? How bad that was :( OUr fellow country men in other places (mainly at Eastern Island) had it perfect, but for us in Santiago and central Chile, nothing but clouds and rain. And guess what? Today we had a perfectly clear and sunny day!!!!! Unfair

babies.jpg

:wub:

Oh yes, mos defly yes. Come 2014 i got a feeling i will be watchin some of them games live. Maybe we'll meet. :)
:punk:

Yes, it would be great if she could right a book like that. Btw thanx for the Celine pic, i know the project from a few years back. I've been subscribed to Anne's website for years now.

And yes, i think Michael was very much aware of her work. It was demonstrated during one circumstance we all hate to remember so i i won't go into the details, but suffice it to say her books belonged to his library.
Yes :(, but I do not remember who had books of Anne Geddes. :scratch:

Thanks Ash, i knew i could always count on ya :cheeky:
Thanks! :D

f21.jpg

Naruto Kunoichi Picnic

Last edited:
14 de julliet

Picture_2.png

July 14th was France's national holiday. It marks an event in History which has caused a lottt of terror and was fueled by a complete disregard and contempt for faith and the Church. The absurdity of it all went as far as changing the months of the calendar. Unfortunately, the ideas and ideals of liberté, egalité, fraternité remain only as such for people on the outskirts of big cities in France where immigrants struggle to survive from one day to the next.

It is funny though to think that some years ago in certain states of the U.S. French fries had turned into "freedom" fries and French wine was being boycotted. All the more reason to post this beautiful French flag from the site of the French Embassy in D.C. :D So, toujours.....VIVE la FRANCE.

And also on July 14th the Church celebrated Saint Camille de Lellis, who in spite of his French name, was actually of Italian origin. He passed away on this date in 1614. His very colorful life is one of them awesome stories which makes the diversity of heaven so beautiful in stark contrast to the ugly uniformity of evil. He was an avid gambler (y'all imagine that - gambling in the middle ages haha) and from his military career what he was left with besides wounds was the uncanny ability to swear in seven different languages lol.

He went on to become the patron saint of all ill people and of hospitals and to him the International Committee of the Red Cross payed homage by adopting the symbol which he and his fellow order members used on clothing to remind people that the suffering of any human being is a reflection of Christ's Passion.

red-cross-flag.jpg

DuranDuran - thanks so much for that picture. It brought back memories of a wonderful documentary i recorded many years ago. You might wanna check the vid of the day thread soon :cheeky:

Ash, those babies are absolutely precious. :wub:And yes, it was Michael who had the Anne Geddes books...as far as i remember, at least.

Last edited:
July 18th - Mandela Day

The U.N. declared that from now on July 18th will be known as Mandela day. Today Madiba turned 92.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
to a titan of the struggle for justice and equality. In spite of the recent loss in the family, i hope there was a celebration nonetheless.

W020090701397709405997.jpg

W020090701397711780978.jpg

mj-mandela-july20-1996_gallery_primary.jpg

eaaafc89811dcdc1b0da22478b41abcb_1267292527.jpg

Don't it make y'all proud our boy, a complete superhero in his own right, rubbed shoulders with such giants of the 20th century? He really looks like a kid next to Madiba, don't he? like a son embracing his dad. God bless Mr. Mandela and God bless Michael.

And remember: make every day a Mandela day http://en.mandeladay.com/Home.aspx

Fondero - not only do i like where you live, i love it. I remember those beautiful towers of the catherdral very, very well, i could never forget them. Nuestra Senora del Pilar, verdad? (perdón, pero no tengo la tilde a mi alcance ahorita jejeje) :cheeky:

Re: July 18th - Mandela Day

Don't it make y'all proud our boy, a complete superhero in his own right, rubbed shoulders with such giants of the 20th century? He really looks like a kid next to Madiba, don't he? like a son embracing his dad. God bless Mr. Mandela and God bless Michael.

Fondero - not only do i like where you live, i love it. I remember those beautiful towers of the catherdral very, very well, i could never forget them. Nuestra Senora del Pilar, verdad? (perdón, pero no tengo la tilde a mi alcance ahorita jejeje) :cheeky:

Two great men, no doubt. God bless them.

Shabuya, you should come back to Zaragoza... things have change a lot... for good.

This pic is of a exhibition there was some months ago in Plaza del Pilar. ;)

xXB.jpg

1+(715).jpg

:wub:

The U.N. declared that from now on July 18th will be known as Mandela day. Today Madiba turned 92.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a titan of the struggle for justice and equality. In spite of the recent loss in the family, i hope there was a celebration nonetheless.

:wild: :wild: :wild:

You killed me with these wonderful pictures! :wub: So cute the two together. I hope that Mandela had a very happy day with family celebrating his birthday! :punk:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
to a titan of the struggle for justice and equality. In spite of the recent loss in the family, i hope there was a celebration nonetheless.

I love the pictures. thanks! :flowers:

goldenretrieverpuppies.jpg

NaruHina___Benches_by_zutara_shewolf777.jpg

One of my favourite NaruHina art, isn't that cute?

img1115m.jpg

Two great men, no doubt. God bless them.

Shabuya, you should come back to Zaragoza... things have change a lot... for good.

This pic is of a exhibition there was some months ago in Plaza del Pilar. ;)

xXB.jpg

I guess i should :D It's been a while since i was there in 1997. I don't remember it needing any improvements, but i'll take ur word for it, you live there after all.

Is that a Rodin sculpture or a replica? Don't worry, i ain't that great an art connoisseur, i had to look it up :p i did recognize the Thinker pose though.

:wild: :wild: :wild:

You killed me with these wonderful pictures! :wub: So cute the two together. I hope that Mandela had a very happy day with family celebrating his birthday! :punk:

Oh Ash, come on now. It is never my intention to hurt anybody, let alone such a good friend as yourself. Seriously though, i'm glad you enjoyed the pics. :D

Super, super cute puppies, both from u and LoveMJ.

I love the pictures. thanks! :flowers:

Most welcome, always my pleasure :)

Young-Michael-Jackson-in--002.jpg

Billie_Jean09 - such a beautiful picture. Thanks so much for posting. Little Michael is completely irresistible. :)

Back