Prince Appreciation Thread - For Fans

Re: Prince...........

^^^^I have no interest in reading the story, but there was no rivalry between Prince & Michael themselves. They hung out with each other several times. The rivalry is with the fans of each performer. There was a 3rd group of fans who was pro Terence Trent D'Arby and they would trash both Mike & Prince and said that TTD was better. On another topic, there was the Van Hagar vs Diamond Dave fans. Also there was the Debbie Gibson vs Tiffany fans, lol.

the racist media couldn't stand two great black male artists being cool and respecting one another.

you never heard of bruce springsteen and billy joel beefing or bono and tom petty etc,,,

media over here wants black male acts in particular to end up like biggie and pac.

My favorite Prince joint at the moment is definetly "Money dont matter tonight"

Money Don't Matter truly is timeless. The video is one of Prince's best as well, in my opinion.

I'm really diggin the 'Dream Factory' unreleased project... It's is very 'Revolution's acid trip' .. Amazing tracks! :yes:

^^^The Revolution (- Prince) did a reunion a few years ago and performed at a gig.

Let's enjoy this until PRN pulls it down!

'Lovesign'
[youtube]KD14wZxgQyc[/youtube]

Marty In LA

btw I must admit that Prince was a really good dancer! :clapping:

(you might turn me into Prince's fan now ;) :giggle: )

hahah I actually thought it was hilarious. He made some weird moves in that short performance. but he made me laugh..I love his music, he is certainly unusual. I like that.

LOL, love the Partyman video. I think it's one of Prince's forgotten gems.

[youtube]u3Bj_So1PuA&fmt=18[/youtube]

Love it, you never knew what Prince would do next. Anything from downright quirky to sexy as all get out. Watching him do what he did in this video, along with so many other videos, no wonder he ended up with hip trouble (if true).

Love it, you never knew what Prince would do next. Anything from downright quirky to sexy as all get out. Watching him do what he did in this video, along with so many other videos, no wonder he ended up with hip trouble (if true).
Don't know if that hip replacement rumor is true or not, but doing splits all the time and wearing heeled boots doesn't help.

What is up? There's loads of Prince on You Tube right now. Did he loosen up his mandate of no videos to be seen anywhere, or are all the videos available right now this minute about to go poof with lawsuits to follow?

Would love to give a few links, but not without some confirmation that MJJC won't get hit with a few cease and desist letters from Prince's legal team.

??

There was a rumor early last year that Prince made a deal with Youtube, and that they're paying him to show his videos. Prince himself had a channel that had 2 or 3 songs from his Lotusflow3r album that was sold only in Target last lear. He has removed videos of rehearsing with the Revolution recently. Some of the official videos from Warner Brothers are removed by the label and not by Prince himself. Warners does that with a lot of their music.

I don't relly know Prince but I likked weel Purple rain movie and I loooooove "I would die 4 U"

Sign O' The Times #2 on Spin list

prince-sign-times-lg.jpg

Prince's divinely, defiantly eclectic double-album came out at a time when SPIN was all agog. "I guess you know what the problem with Prince is: he's too good," goes the start of Bart Bull's review. "He's so good he can do anything he wants...and sometimes the dumb stuff he does works out to be the best stuff anybody's ever done. Ever." That even-the-dumb-stuff-works spirit imbued an album as personally pointed and stylistically varied as any ever made, and it's aged well enough that, in a 2005 tribute, SPIN's Michaelangelo Matos called it a "one-stop superstore for the past two decades of pop."
125 albums of past 25 years

There was a rumor early last year that Prince made a deal with Youtube, and that they're paying him to show his videos. Prince himself had a channel that had 2 or 3 songs from his Lotusflow3r album that was sold only in Target last lear. He has removed videos of rehearsing with the Revolution recently. Some of the official videos from Warner Brothers are removed by the label and not by Prince himself. Warners does that with a lot of their music.

I never understood that though... why prince would trip about videos and sue his own FANS who would put videos on youtube or on prince fan sites. Its rather ridiculous to me and I love Prince but just keepin it real.

Yeah...he sees them as a target..not as fans. there's a difference there. But I wanna know what his views are on his FAN BASE.

What's Prince Up To Now?

Star Tribune
*This was written by a person Prince went to school with and he doesn't like and vice versa, so the nicknames are changed. He even wote a song about her on his Gold Experience album. But overall the story is neutral.

Prince has been moving all around Chanhassen lately, and yet he still hasn't found time to pay his property taxes.

Word is that he caused some excitement in the past couple of weeks by going to the city of Chanhassen administration building. A city official told me late last week that they don't comment on meetings until there is an application -- say, for a building permit, or, as has been Prince's proclivity in recent years, a demolition permit.

In 2003, Prince tore down the Purple House on Lake Riley where his father lived until his death. Then, in 2005, he razed his primary residence on a beautiful, secluded, wooded lot consisting of two parcels on Lake Ann.

Prince was reportedly observed buying a lock and chain at Merlin's Ace Hardware and made a late-evening stop at Houlihan's; both businesses are near Paisley Park, where moving vans also have been seen lately.

An e-mailer, who asked not to be named, wrote: "I drive by Paisley Park twice a day (taking kids to school). First I notice the plant was gone from the window, now there are moving trucks there today [Wednesday]. He has been spotted around Chan a lot lately (Arboretum, hardware store, driving through Long Acres neighborhood looking at houses with For Sale signs). What is he up to?"

The possible explanations for the Two Men and a Truck moving vans are infinite, although I am pretty sure that one of the items I captured on startribune.com/video is a table that can be seen among furnishings on the paisleyparkstudios.com website.

I left word with two men on the grounds that I'd like a comment from Prince. One of the men told me, "Do not take pictures of this property," even though I was on a public sidewalk across the street. He said he was going to call the police on me, and I told him I'd stay right where I was. The other guy made a threatening maneuver at me with his SUV, but I felt safer when he complained to me without getting out of his car.

Despite all of the activity at the studios, Prince apparently has not moved to get current on his property taxes.

Laurie Engelen, Carver County's taxpayer services manager, confirmed Friday that Prince continues to owe taxes on four pieces of property of current interest to me. Those are the two parcels on Lake Ann, one on Lake Riley where his father, John L. Nelson, lived out his final days, and Paisley Park.

Engelen said the current year's unpaid taxes, plus penalties, on these four pieces of property -- if paid by May 31, since he's already missed the May 15 bill -- total $126,418.24. The 2009 taxes on these same four properties, plus penalties, interest and fees, are $259,848.40 if paid by May 31. Grand total: $386,266.64.

In March, when Prince's delinquent taxes last got media attention, the total unpaid was closer to $500,000. But that was for the 12 pieces of property purchased under his name or business entities. Of course, rich people, like Prince, sometimes buy property under names unknown to the general public.

Oh Good Gracious!
Never seen this! Only the released version of the video.. Mmm thanks!

But on the other video.. Why the hell is he saying he was born Jehovah Witnesses... he got into it just couple of years before!

On another subject.. I'm really wanting to have the Call my name video.. can't find it!

Back