Prince Appreciation Thread - For Fans

Re: Prince...........

Prince is my other favorite artist of all time.

Here's my top 5 albums from him that I like
1) 3121
2) 1999
3) Purple Rain
4) B-Sides
5) Musicology

so did any1 watch Jay leno?

I taped it and watched it (many times:smilerolleyes:). Funky little thang he is. He didn't have the twins on with him, it was 3 other female singers doing backup. And at the beginning of the number he did, there were several bars his band played that sounded mighty similar to one of Michael's (or J5) songs, just couldn't put my finger on exactly which one, though. The keyboardist played like a wild man, dang.

Worth watching for sure if you enjoy Prince.

Here's the link for his performance, towards bottom of screen click on Friday April 25th and then after the opening commercial (healthy choice),look at bottom right corner below video screen, click on his pic in the box. You don't have to watch the entire Tonight Show to view it.

http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/video/episodes.shtml

Last edited:

i'm liking prince very much. saw him with my lover at o2 a few times. It is much more exciting being a prince fan. so many treasures and ppl love that he is crazy. No pretending he is a "normal" guy

my name is prince and i am funky :lol:
hve to go to u tube now :toofunny:

i'm liking prince very much. saw him with my lover at o2 a few times. It is much more exciting being a prince fan. so many treasures and ppl love that he is crazy. No pretending he is a "normal" guy

More exciting than who exactly? lol

i ilove you prince. you funkyhuman youuuu!

............................ oops

One of my favorite movies is Under The Cherry Moon. I know all of the dialog

Last edited:

I left behind my Mike fanship to join the purpleness a fair time ago. I'm still an MJ fan just he has nothing on Prince (I know that's gonna have peeved a few people off lol)

Prince is just, a musician in the true meaning of the word, he plays all the instruments, writes 99.99% of all his songs, sings and dances and he is just.... amazing! No other person in the world quite compares to Prince and its why i respect him and love him so much.

Top 10 Albums

1. Sign 'O' The Times
2. Purple Rain
3. Parade
4. Black Album
5. The Gold Experience
6. The Rainbow Children
7. One Nite Alone...Live
8. N.E.W.S.
9. Crystal Ball
10. The Vault: Old Friends 4 Sale

Top 5 Songs

1. The Beautiful Ones
2. P Control
3. Kiss
4. Partyman
5. The Most Beautiful Girl In The World

Anyone else want to share their Prince love lol?

I love some of Princes tunes...

All 7 and we'll watch them fall~~~try and get in the way of love we'll smoke them all~~~

Smiles..!

Heal The World~~~

Last edited:

really enjoyed purple rain, hated under the cherry moon. Amazing in concert though.

I'm a mahooooosive Prince fan! Prince and MJ are my joint favorite artists. I love how much variation there is in Prince's music. Some of my very favorite Prince songs are his unreleased demos that not many people have heard like alot of the demos from 'The Work'. If you ever get a chance to listen to some of the many unreleased tracks from 'The Work' I'd highly recommend it!

I love his music, but he's very inconsistent. When he misses, he really misses, but when he doesn't, the songs are 10x times better than anything any other artist has put out.

I love his music, but he's very inconsistent. When he misses, he really misses, but when he doesn't, the songs are 10x times better than anything any other artist has put out.

I was just coming in here to post the same thing. I'm a huge Prince fan, I love a lot of his music, but the guy has released some real and utter tripe. Maybe his fans get some of the music he makes, but a lot of it just sounds like random noise.

Some of his more obscure work with the New Power Generation and then some of his stuff from the mid-late 90's was just garbage.

Enough about that though, he has had several really good albums and a crapload of great songs that I like. His last three albums were quite enjoyable (Planet Earth, 3121 and Musicology) and I love Emancipation, Diamonds and Pearls, Batman Soundtrack, Sign O The Times, 1999, Purple Rain and probably a couple of others that have slipped my mind. Then there's random hits he's released that have been quite good too.

Last edited:

I love Prince! and I love it in the Goonies where mouth has a Prince shirt, I'd love to find that; It's a Purple Rain one I think! :).

I love prince, but his arrogance lets him down

As a musician bloody amazing

This thread is not a thread to compare prince/mj and the posts will be moved. The main topic of discussion is about Prince and your top 10 fav Prince albums. If you have nothing to add to this thread other than the same old "MJ is Better than Prince" mantra, then best you skip it. First and last warning, folks!

I think 7 is the most underrated Prince song ever. The lyrics are amazing.

Prince is the man and I cannot believe that he just turned 50 yesterday! That is great, really.

I have "Purple Rain" and I really like that movie Grafitti Bridge. I think that movie was better than Purple Rain because I do not understand that movie. LOL. I was lost in some parts of the movie.

I am not a big fan of his later work after the NPG days. However, I can't wait for his new book that is coming out. I just wish he would be more nicer to his fans and let his stuff be on youtube. The youngins are missing out on his great work. The whole suing his fans thing really turned me off and he needs to let go whatever issue he has with his fans. That man is so talented but he let his ego get the best of his short yummy self.

I'm going to see him next weekend.Second time seeing him live but this one is gonna be HUGE!

Prince...50 years old, and showing no signs of slowing down! He's the man.

Prince still looks really young, no where near 50. I still find it hard to believe Prince is actually 50yrs old, as I still think of Michael Jackson and Prince as being no older than 30 as it doesn't seem that long a ago when I first saw Michael Jackson and Prince in concert in 1988.

Prince's best songs aren't really the singles (although they're good) but the album tracks, and some of his b-sides. What's also great about Prince is that in a lot of cases he'll change the arrangements of songs in concert, so it's different.

Back