Prince on MJ

I read on the 'Kenny Ortega tweeted' thread that Michael told Kenny Ortega during the TII rehearsals that he admired Prince, loves his music, and that he especially likes Purple Rain.

My mom watches Oprah everyday. Kenny said the same thing on her show today. He also said Mike said that he had to work all of the time or God will give Prince all of the ideas, lol.

Nice to hear from Prince. He showed how he feel with those brief words. I can feel he's been feeling real sad.

Prince and Michael was friend all along they had much respect for one another. I guess it's just coming out to the general public.
I love Michael Prince and Madonna in the states They are like the holy trinity of Pop
all from the mid west all born the same year/same age all broke barriors Michael has my heart though

I love Prince, I really dont know much about this man and I think thats why I have so much respect for him, he keeps his private life and public life seperated and he is always gentle and kind.

I love Prince, I really dont know much about this man and I think thats why I have so much respect for him, he keeps his private life and public life seperated and he is always gentle and kind.
I'm not sure his fan sites would agree with that, lol.

Prince implied that it sounds like they want to have sex, and with both of their images, he saw the endless jokes that would begin.

yea that's the joke part about it,but not the only reason. i saw the chris rock interview too.

yea that's the joke part about it,but not the only reason. i saw the chris rock interview too.

Quincy Jones said that Prince was in the studio during the "Bad" (the song) sessions and that Prince told them that he didn't need to be on the song for it to be a hit. The original idea for the video was that Mike & Prince are rival gang leaders. It was rumored that Prince thought that since it was Mike's video, Mike would make himself look better and be the "winner". I don't know if that's true or not. But reguardless of that, they weren't enemies. Several of Prince's band members & staff has said that Mike occasionally visited Prince or sent him videotapes of different acts like Sly & The Family Stone or James Brown.

Quincy Jones said that Prince was in the studio during the "Bad" (the song) sessions and that Prince told them that he didn't need to be on the song for it to be a hit. The original idea for the video was that Mike & Prince are rival gang leaders. It was rumored that Prince thought that since it was Mike's video, Mike would make himself look better and be the "winner". I don't know if that's true or not. But reguardless of that, they weren't enemies. Several of Prince's band members & staff has said that Mike occasionally visited Prince or sent him videotapes of different acts like Sly & The Family Stone or James Brown.

yeah. i stated in this thread or somewhere on mjjc the same thing. Prince & Michael were friends i guess it's just coming out to the general public. yea he sent him james brown videos MJJ productions and prince & the band would watch them I think i read that on dr. funkenberry not so long ago.

Several of Prince's band members & staff has said that Mike occasionally visited Prince or sent him videotapes of different acts like Sly & The Family Stone or James Brown.

Because MJ owned many of the songs through Sony - ATV, so naturally MJ has a copy of EVERYTHING.\

Also, MJ owns 60% of music made today in the United States.

MJ = GENIUS.

Stevie Wonder needs to remake "Black Man" just for Michael, because all his accomplishments would fill the song ...then the kids would respond, Michael Jackson, a Black Man."

and so on & so forth.

Because MJ owned many of the songs through Sony - ATV, so naturally MJ has a copy of EVERYTHING.\

Also, MJ owns 60% of music made today in the United States.
Just because someone owns copyrights don't mean they own video footage, photographs, or concerts. Sly has never officially released a video, so it must be bootleg or Sly, James, etc. (or whoever owns the footage) gave a copy to Mike. Motown owns the copyrights on the J5 songs, but they don't own J5 (or any of their other acts) TV show footage like Ed Sullivan, Soul Train, etc. Anyway Dr. Fink (from the Revolution) said Michael gave Prince videos during the Purple Rain period, and Mike didn't own anything then, other than his own stuff.

There still has to be a syndication rights deal in place, before anything is aired or recorded for TV or movies.

And I truly doubt that MJ would be par to supporting bootleg material, but who knows.

Just because someone owns copyrights don't mean they own video footage, photographs, or concerts. Sly has never officially released a video, so it must be bootleg or Sly, James, etc. (or whoever owns the footage) gave a copy to Mike. Motown owns the copyrights on the J5 songs, but they don't own J5 (or any of their other acts) TV show footage like Ed Sullivan, Soul Train, etc. Anyway Dr. Fink (from the Revolution) said Michael gave Prince videos during the Purple Rain period, and Mike didn't own anything then, other than his own stuff.

There still has to be a syndication rights deal in place, before anything is aired or recorded for TV or movies.

And I truly doubt that MJ would be par to supporting bootleg material, but who knows.
If there's never been any Sly concert footage released, Michael got it from somewhere. I've heard of lots of musical acts owning bootlegs of people they like, some have mentioned it in interviews.

Prince has uploaded videos from Lotusflow3r on Youtube, so maybe he's changed a little. Although it's rumored that Youtube is paying Prince to have his music & videos up, so maybe not, lol.

Wonder if Prince Michael Jackson would become a performer too...:smilerolleyes:

No really, Prince the musician, is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes:

Back