Producer for MJ's new album? If you could only select 1 producer who would it be

The one and only.....DR DRE

Enough said....and he's proved himself in the past to be a SILENT producer unlike the others currently in the the domain!! That should be massivly important to Michael and HIS music....

I dont really wanna see Michael ft. Timberland or Pharrell etc etc....gettin bored and its too much over exposure.

An album by Michael = An album by Michael...whatever musical path or the "producer" decides to choose....just ensure the producer stays silent!!!

Let the music will speak for itself......

Last edited:
I would want a majority of the album written BY Michael.. Yet I would always want to keep the window open if any other writters have something good to participate..

I Agree with this and i think that's why the Bad album turned out so great because MJ wrote most of the tracks on there but the window was left open for other people to contribute to the album and then because of that we had a perfect album

^ ya, the more people you close out for participation the more windows are closed...

You know I bet many times Michael wrote songs that were influenced by songs that were given to him and he did not like the direction the song was going but thought it had a great theme, and he could do something special with..

For example lets say Michael does not end up chosing to use one of neyo's songs.. But he finds SOMETHING in there that grabs his attention. Changes it up, writes the ideas he got from the neyo song into a whole NEW masterpiece..

Mike always uses others ideas and takes it somewhere bigger.. In writting, singing, and dance.. Watch Fred Estaires 'Bandwagon' and see how much he was influenced by the film... But he took those things that most of us would not even give a second glance to, and created MASTER PIECES..

It should be me lol, naw foreal I would definitely luv to produce his album ;)

I really don't know who I would pick, he need some one who can shock the people with goosebumps, I know MJ will produced some of his stuff too.

Michael with additional production of:
?uestlove and James Poyser
Mark Ronson
Rick Rubin

That album would be great!

RICK RUBIN!!!!

I think he would be perfect to work with Mike...

"Rick, 44, is a man of few words who exudes confidence without arrogance. He has a natural intuition when it comes to music. What would seem like an opinion coming from someone else is simply fact when Rick says it. Rick doesn't tell you how you should play it; he tells you when you have nailed it. When people know they can try things, they begin to relax and really listen to a song. They stop focusing on what's written on the page and start listening to the music and where they fit into it. It may take longer, but I think it's the key to why Rick's albums all sound so individual and honest. He has the ability and the patience to let music be discovered, not manufactured. Come to think of it, maybe he is a guru."

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/time100/article/0,28804,1595326_1595332_1616413,00.html

Mark Ronson
Mark Batson
9th Wonder
Salaam Remi
Rick Rubin
Raphael Saadiq

Either of these guys would be great to work with MJ...JMHO.

Last edited:
RICK RUBIN!!!!

I think he would be perfect to work with Mike...

"Rick, 44, is a man of few words who exudes confidence without arrogance. He has a natural intuition when it comes to music. What would seem like an opinion coming from someone else is simply fact when Rick says it. Rick doesn't tell you how you should play it; he tells you when you have nailed it. When people know they can try things, they begin to relax and really listen to a song. They stop focusing on what's written on the page and start listening to the music and where they fit into it. It may take longer, but I think it's the key to why Rick's albums all sound so individual and honest. He has the ability and the patience to let music be discovered, not manufactured. Come to think of it, maybe he is a guru."

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/time100/article/0,28804,1595326_1595332_1616413,00.html

Ooh! I almost forgot about him. Definitely Rick! :yes:

Michael Jackson.....apart from him, I don't know who I would choose.

You know MJ too humble to produce an entire album by himself. Sure it'll be nice if he did but I don't think we'll ever see that happen even if it is just a wish that he would. Like Marvin Gaye, he rather collaborate than solely produce.

Obviously, Michael Jackson would be the #1 preference. I don't Michael knows how good he really is on his own.

But apart from the man himself, I really think Trent Reznor would be a great producer for Michael. He was going to produce Invincible, correct? What happened?

Obviously, Michael Jackson would be the #1 preference. I don't Michael knows how good he really is on his own.

You may be right about that. And I agree Michael would be the number one preference.

Last edited:
The one and only.....DR DRE

Enough said....and he's proved himself in the past to be a SILENT producer unlike the others currently in the the domain!! That should be massivly important to Michael and HIS music....

I dont really wanna see Michael ft. Timberland or Pharrell etc etc....gettin bored and its too much over exposure.

An album by Michael = An album by Michael...whatever musical path or the "producer" decides to choose....just ensure the producer stays silent!!!

Let the music will speak for itself......
Dr. Dre has turned down both Michael & Madonna in the past. He said he didn't want to work with people who have a bunch of demands.

Dr. Dre has turned down both Michael & Madonna in the past. He said he didn't want to work with people who have a bunch of demands.

Yup, Dre turned MJ down. That was a while ago, though.

To quote Dr. Dre

"Somebody approached me about working with Michael Jackson, and I did say no because I like working with new artists or people that I've worked with in the past." "I can develop them from the ground up. There's no set standard that I have to live up to or anything like that. All I have to do is go in the studio, and basically they're going to bust their ass to come in there and do their thing the way it's supposed to be done."

Looks like he's just scared he wouldn't be able to live up to the expectations.

will.i.am is pure magic. He has his own distinct style of producing.
His music is somewhat very innovative. Thats why I think him and Michael
could make legendary music.

But if I were to choose a producer that is not working on the album,
I would probably choose between Pharrell Williams and maybe Timbaland.
Pharrell just has a smooth/unique sound. His productions just scream
Michael's name. They would probably show excellent chemistry
and the Music would be thrilling. I also said Timbaland.
Timbaland gives off a different sound. He has a Clubbish/Techno
type edge in many of his productions. I dont know if him and Mike would
have chemistry, but the Music would be very different then usual,
and it might actually be good.

BTW guys, Michael is trying to make a forceful comeback.
I'm not saying for him to grab a whole party of Modern Producers,
but he needs some to update his music. One thing he has to avoid,
is an outdated sound. He needs some Modern Producers to help direct
him into modern BUT legendary music. It's possible guys.
Mike producing the entire album by himself, is a huge no-no this time.
Maybe produce a few songs by himself, but a whole album is a bit drastic.

^ As a producer Will.i.am is good.. But as a 'beat maker'/instramental creator he lacks a lot..

Music is build around a skeletal foundation.. Usually Will.i.am creates a skeletal foundation and does not build around it much at all.. The beats become empty with wholes.. Not a full composition...

Last edited:
Yup, Dre turned MJ down. That was a while ago, though.

To quote Dr. Dre

"Somebody approached me about working with Michael Jackson, and I did say no because I like working with new artists or people that I've worked with in the past." "I can develop them from the ground up. There's no set standard that I have to live up to or anything like that. All I have to do is go in the studio, and basically they're going to bust their ass to come in there and do their thing the way it's supposed to be done."

Looks like he's just scared he wouldn't be able to live up to the expectations.

I agree! that's craaazy! lol. And of course Michael Jackson is gonna 'bust his a#@' and do things the way they need to be done!!!!! Helloooooo?!?!?!
It kinda sounds like he doesn't wanna work with mj cause he only wants to work with new ppl cause they have nothing to lose and he won't ruin someone like MJ if he isn't up to their standards!! booooo :(

anyway.....back to the question.....obviously my first choice is MJ, but if I had to chose another producer I'd choose...........quincy jones

so SUE ME!!!!!!!!:ph34r:

BTW guys, Michael is trying to make a forceful comeback.
I'm not saying for him to grab a whole party of Modern Producers,
but he needs some to update his music. One thing he has to avoid,
is an outdated sound. He needs some Modern Producers to help direct
him into modern BUT legendary music. It's possible guys.
Mike producing the entire album by himself, is a huge no-no this time.
Maybe produce a few songs by himself, but a whole album is a bit drastic.

Michael has always been aware of what's going on currently with music. So he doesen't need any ''hot'' producers that are around now telling him what to do

Micheal is a musical genius and he could produce a whole album by himself and make it sound updated

U know what would be pretty cool..

Just imagining things.. If Michael selected like 20 people (staff) from each large MJ forum and have them listen to a bunch of songs and help choose the top 20..

These same people would create a video for MJ to watch on why they picked the songs they did..

Not saying Mike would HAVE to keep those top 20.. But he could consider those peoples opinions... Lets say there was 3 songs that EVERY 20 people picked, those 3 would make the album for sure...

It would just be fun... :)

Last edited:
If Michael selected like 20 people (staff) from each large MJ forum and have them listen to a bunch of songs and help choose the top 20..
I don't know if having a bunch of hardcore fans voting is a good idea. They're less likely to be objective, and just like anything with his voice on it like Hold My Hand, which I think is a generic, bland song. Maybe part hardcore fans, some minor fans, and some general public.

Last edited:
I'd like him to produce it himself.

But teddy riley og Quincy Jones would be nice too.

Will.I.am, let me think?! I don't remember a classic that he created. He is too pop. Just pop. Michael always makes classics. Michael Jackson is Mozart of Pop Music. So will.i.am is too poor to create someting for MJ. He makes daily things. 1-2 months later, we never remember that he created. I don't know who must be, but I'm sure not will.i.am.

Back