Put your hand up if you wear glasses

a word of advice:

If you're a shortsighted, then read without the glasses, and try to read from as far as you are able, that way you can restore your good sight

From my mom's side everybody has glasses. My father didn't until he was older and had to wead reading glasses.

I've noticed that my sight is getting worse year by year and I'll probably have reading glasses in 5 years maybe. I'm now 28. My mom had her glasses when she was 9.

I got them today :D

They look very nice :)

oh and OMG! I can SEE!!!!!! :wild:

who knew that trees had leaves and were not just big blurry green blobs :p (ok it wasn't that bad :lol: )

but WOW!!! :D

Awesome LJ _ Im glad you like them - :)

actually trees really do look like big green blurry blobs to me
without my glasses - everything looks like i big green
blurry blob :( :D

aww :)

I never thought it was that bad until I got them

Going to have to deal with my ego now, they make me look fat :mello: and I gotta start teaching with em too the kids will pick on me :( :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm a four eyes, i'm so used to wearing specs i think i look funny without them lol. But i'l take them off when im outside, i dont want to get a tan line across my face like my brother :lol:

ahaha :D

ok I'm loving that I can see :D only problem is that I can't wear them when I'm on the PC or reading because things up close get all blurry :lol: So I either do the grandma move and peer over the glasses :lol: or I take them off :p

I'm still adjusting to wearing them in front of people (I hate all the questions lol... i know I know ego ego) lol

oh and OMG! I can SEE!!!!!! :wild:

who knew that trees had leaves and were not just big blurry green blobs :p (ok it wasn't that bad :lol: )

but WOW!!! :D

What can I say? I know the feeling TOO well :lol: Whenever I put on my glasses, I feel like I could even see a person's intestines :lol:

Reactions: L.J
:lol:

I'm wondering how long it'll take me to adjust to them... or how long it will take me to break them :eek: :lol:

I wear bifocals... Well..Okay... Not as much as I should wear them lol But, I am supposed to wear them lol

I'll make a mental note to put them on so that the words on this page are not blurry black dots. LOL

I wear glasses in general. I wear them everyday because I am very near sighted. I have been wearing glasses since I was a child. I do not want to use contact lenses because I am scared that the lenses would ne stick in my eye! People say that I look better without glasses but I prefer glasses. In fact, I have to get new ones this year.

Puts hand up. I didn't really need reading glasses before the trail. Since then, my eye sight has gotten worse from starring at this computer for hour on end. I tried contacts but when it comes to taking them out, I have a problem because my nails are long.
Oh well life goes on it could be worse. lol

Last edited:
anyone had these Roland Rat glasses (with a symbol of this rat) when was a kid?) :D
i wore glasses for like a year when i was a kid and i just found it...and it is this Roland Rat glasses...looks funny but i remember most of the kids had the same that time

RolandRat.jpg

Raises hand: I wear glasses or contact lenses- depends on situation and mood.
Started wearing contact lenses as a teenager, after getting thrown off a horse and my glasses got broken................

ooooh

I got transition lenses but I'm thinking about getting another pair that are non transition :yes:

Back