Put your hand up if you wear glasses

just be careful or the contact lenses might slip and get stuck behind ur eyeballs!! :rofl: ahhaha my boyf uses glasses and is sooo afraid of contacts, he says its gonna get stuck in there forever!!

i dont have to use nothin na na na na :nana:

:mello: now that's a scary thought :ermm:

I wear shortsighted glasses almost always ( but not when I take a shower :lol: )
a few years already and loves them :p

ahah not when you're in the shower :lol:

I wonder if I'll get ones that I have to wear all the time, or whether they'll be just for driving and TV or something :unsure:

I find out on the 18th :(

Last edited:
are contact lenses hard to put in? how long do they last?

sorry if my questions sound stupid :blush: I'm scared of things being near my eyes considering I've got next to no hearing as it is :lol:

there are contact lenses that are for one use only and others which last one month. they're not hard to put in once u get used to them. the first few times though u'll have hard time not only putting them in but also taking them out. i remember when i started wearing them i had a very hard time to take them out. i would need at least 20 mins to take them out the first 4-5 times. now its a piece of cake :D

Last edited:
eeee that sounds scary :(

I'll be scared I might hurt my eyes like scratch them or something :unsure:

maybe I can get some sexy glasses like Michael has ^_^

are contact lenses hard to put in? how long do they last?

sorry if my questions sound stupid :blush: I'm scared of things being near my eyes considering I've got next to no hearing as it is :lol:

Putting them on can make you nervous at first, but I've learned that touching your eye doesn't actually do anything, though maybe make you tear a little at the beginning. Once you get used to it, it's nothing. Sometimes I touch my eye now just for kicks.

The ones I wear, you're supposed to have them on for the day and take them off when you sleep. You can shower with 'em too. Sometimes I go days leaving them in, but I don't think you're supposed to do that...

just be careful or the contact lenses might slip and get stuck behind ur eyeballs!! :rofl: ahhaha my boyf uses glasses and is sooo afraid of contacts, he says its gonna get stuck in there forever!!

i dont have to use nothin na na na na :nana:

Sure is annoying when that happens. Fishing them out is a pain in the ass, but you can't help feel like you accomplished something when they turn up.

EDIT: I want to add that once when I was in a sleepy state, I kept trying to take my contacts out, but it wasn't happening for some reason. I kept tugging and tugging on it, and I felt it was close to being out, because I could feel something temporarily pop out but adjust back in. And it also stung for some reason. Then I realized I didn't even have my contacts on in the first place, and that I almost pulled part of my actual eye out.

LOL!

Last edited:
^ awww hell no!!!

*runs out of thread screaming*
e5762.gif

Sure is annoying when that happens. Fishing them out is a pain in the ass, but you can't help feel like you accomplished something when they turn up.

EDIT: I want to add that once when I was in a sleepy state, I kept trying to take my contacts out, but it wasn't happening for some reason. I kept tugging and tugging on it, and I felt it was close to being out, because I could feel something temporarily pop out but adjust back in. And it also stung for some reason. Then I realized I didn't even have my contacts on in the first place, and that I almost pulled part of my actual eye out.

LOL!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Glad I don't need to use them!

:hiya: I wear contacts during the day and glasses at night, my vision actually improved on my last eye doctor visit :unsure: :D

LOL!

^ awww hell no!!!

Lmao you guys. Ouch but hilarious.

I haven't laughed so hard for a long time. Thank you both of you.

I have needed glasses since about 2nd grade, but got them in 5th grade. My eyes are terrible. I wore glasses for 6 years, but now I wear contacts during the day and put on my glasses right before bed. I know you're not supposed to wear them for as long as I do (usually 17 hours or so) but I've never had any problems with them. They're actually really easy to get used to. When I first got them, I was scared to put them in because the whole idea of putting something directly on my eye freaked me out, but it only took a week or so before I was completely used to them.

LOL!

hehe that happened to me once too! also, one time, I had my contact in my right eye, but I couldn't find my left contact. I looked everywhere for it, but it was like it had disappeared out of the case. Then I noticed that my contact felt a little strange. i took it out and, to my surprise, saw that there were two contacts on top of each other. I had accidentally put both of my contacts in the same side of the case the night before. lol

I have to wear glasses all of the time in order to see. I am near sighted so I can't see things real good with my glasses off. Almost everything is just a blur when they are off. I try wearing contacts at one time but my eyes just couldn't handle them. Plus glasses to me are much safer than contacts. I have been wearing glasses since the early 90s when I was in the 4th grade. So I am quite used to wearing them. And besides the one thing that I love about my glasses is that they are also sunglasses. At the time when I was getting my glasses I told my mother that I wanted those Transition Lens for my glasses. They were a bit more than regular lens but I really like the look of Transition Lens. Because they really do change according to the brightness of the kind of light that you are in.

eeee that sounds scary :(

I'll be scared I might hurt my eyes like scratch them or something :unsure:

maybe I can get some sexy glasses like Michael has ^_^

u dont have to worry about a thing. when u go to the store to buy them the ppl who work there will show u how to put them in and take them out. there was a very nice guy in the store where i bought mine from who spent nearly an hour with me showing me how to do it and then i did some practice myself in front of him. when i left i was very confident :D theres a specific way to do it so u dont have to worry about touching or hurting ur eye or anything. its very easy once u learn the method and do some practice urself.

^ awww hell no!!!

e5762.gif

Nooo!!! L.J. come back, be brave. Cast your mind back to the 'Making of Thriller,' You too can be as brave as Michael was, You too can walk around with yellow eyes (if you want to) to be honest I think it would work wonders on the golf course to scare away any competition, I'm not saying you should cheat...no I'm not saying that at all but you know what I mean don't you :smilerolleyes:.

Nooo!!! L.J. come back, be brave. Cast your mind back to the 'Making of Thriller,' You too can be as brave as Michael was, You too can walk around with yellow eyes (if you want to) to be honest I think it would work wonders on the golf course to scare away any competition, I'm not saying you should cheat...no I'm not saying that at all but you know what I mean don't you :smilerolleyes:.

ahahahahaha

oh I didn't think of that :shifty: Imagine winking at someone and they look at me with that expression of "Did I just see what I think I saw??" :blink:

:girl_haha:

I'm a shortsighted blind bat! I am most comfortable wearing contact lenses..less self conscious, don't have to worry about them slipping down my nose, they won't get misty when I step out of a cold place into a warm place not that it happens too often just in the car (!) and glasses when its raining is a pain in the big toe!

ahhh but contact leses dry up my eyes...and so sometimes I have to resort to wearing glasses!

L.J glasses thankfully now come in all shapes, sizes and colours...they can be quite an accessory. Hope your eyesight isnt too bad.

my eyesight isn't really bad and I'm doing lots of eye exercises to help them come back.

I'm not too worried if I end up having to wear them but I know I'll break them :( or lose them or something silly :( :lol:

LOL!

Gosh, that's creepy :mello:

I was actually keeping my hand raised when I saw the title of this thread :rofl:

Yeah, I wear glasses, but not all the time :p Distance sucks :( I wear them in class, in front of the tv and in front of the computer^^ Normally, I should be wearing them all the time, but my nose begins to hurt after a couple of hours for some reason :scratch: lol

My sister always says that she expects me to get run over by a car one day cause I don't wear them :rofl:

I was thinking of getting contact lenses too, though I'm not sure :-s I know a few peeps who have had serious problems with their eyes cause of them and settled for glasses in the end.

Besides, I fear that if I get used to them, I'll start buying myself lenses of 100 different colours, just for the sake of experimenting :doh: :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah I wear glasses and it's a pain in the ass. Bu I'll get contacts eventually. =]

Smooth... I love your siggy it's a melter :wub:

L.J. The possibilities are endless lol, but seriously I wish you luck and hope it won't take you too long to get used to them. Oh!! and once you've sat on them a few times you'll learn to be more careful cause it's a pain in the backside when they break lol.

Reactions: L.J
I'm a notorious sitter onerra :lol:

I've broken more sunglasses than I've had hot dinners I think :lol:

but thanks :)

I am short sighted so everything beyond an arms length is a blur where the further the object the more blury it is...

I wear both contacts and glasses...but i prefer wearing glasses coz they are easier..contacts can get annoying coz you have to constantly be aware of how long you have them in for, how drow your eyes are, changing liquid solution, washing your hands consistently ect...it can get very annoying..
however glasses do seem to take away your peripheral vision...so i dunno

I wear my glasses most of the time to make myself look smarter than i am....lol.

Back