Quincy Jones' recollections of Michael

This is laughable coming from Q. At least Michael loved a black woman (Diana) and wanted to marry one unlike Quincy.

What did she say? I read her statement and it wasnt anywhere near as bad as what Quincy was saying.
She said something about having a heart attack was a good way for him to die, and that he wouldn't be happy getting old. That implies that it's better that he died young.

Quincy!!!!!!!!! :(

Theres being truthful & honest and then theres being plain rude and disrespectful. Did you fail to realise the effect your comments would have on Michaels fans at such a hard time, the fans that MADE you and gave you all them millions.

She said something about having a heart attack was a good way for him to die, and that he wouldn't be happy getting old. That implies that it's better that he died young.

I agree the way she phrased it was wrong but I think she meant it in the sense that she didn't see him as a person who could grow old.

I think we fans are going to be forced to come to a lot of realizations about Michael's life.

A LOOOOOOOT!

I'm not saying shit about this article until Cnn finds it and has a heyday with it

NO i find this really unfair. i dont think mj was some perfect angel. everyone has problems. the whole worlds strange... yet i would choose not to focus on the negative at this time. when someone dies, that is what you do, CELEBRATE THEIR LIFE. not take pots at someone who can no longer reply or fight their corner. alot of my best friends annoy me, but theres NO WAY i'd go around criticising one of them if they dies... you focus on the positive

what gets me is that MICHAEL NEVER CRITICISED PEOPLE IN THIS WAY. can you IMAGINE if Quincy died before MJ and the stuff MJ would have said??? there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY ON EARTH that mj would start discussing Qs private life or trying to psycoanalyse him.. im sorry i think its a disgrace

It's no wonder MJ ditched his ass. I used to wonder "why doesn't Michael work with Quincy again, they made history together?" Now I know. I dread to think how much Q abused him for "hating his race" and these "chemical peels" even after Michael told him he had a disease. Whatever respect I had for Quincy has gone straight out the window. He can go to hell for all I care. Barely a week after the death of his "little brother" and he comes out with this garbage. Screw you, Quincy.

Last edited:
Q's just mad cause Mike didn't call his ass to produce any album after 'Bad.' I've always had a feeling Q was pissed off at Mike and that he and Oprah talk about Mike like a dog behind his back. Now I can respect Q's contribution to music, but as a person, he had a lot of short comings as far as I'm concerned. Whether the interview is real or fake, Q's been pissed off at Mike for years, and it comes out in interviews whether he wants it to or not--that's because the hurt of Mike not calling him is too deep to hide; it's the same when Mike was asked about Joe Jackson in his book. Though he didn't come out and say anything bad about Joe directly, you could read between the lines. . . it came out without him having to say anything.

Now Q loves Mike, but he's also deeply pissed.

Its interesting what Heavy D said about the track Quincy and MJ were working on being poor and he influenced Mike to get with Teddy.

Quincy is a bit of an egomaniac and I read his book recently and was suprised to see Michael as a footnote to his career rather than the biggest thing. I recognise Qs many achievements but at the end of the day he is a producer, a technician. He never seemed to understand or like the fact that Michael was the star and that it was 'Michael Jacksons Thriller!'. I mean how many producers of other artists get in the limelight as much as Quincy Jones?

What he has failed to grasp ( and that interview sums it up perfectly) is that He was working FOR Michael Jackson, so MJ always had the right to ditch him.

For all the plaudits of Quincy, his other recordings never ever got to the same level he got with Michael yet on Dangerous MJ actually exceeded much of the stuff he did with Quincy and despite his amazing foresight of rap, Michael was right, in the 80s Rap was absolute crap, nobody cared about it so the timing was wrong (can you imagine the beastie boys on 'Bad')

Wind your neck in Quincy, surely riding on Michaels fame has earnt you and your family enough money and noteriety.

Did he really say all these??? I find it hard to believe that Q, who worked so close with Michael and who owes his fame to him (personally, I would have no idea who Quincy is if he didn't work with Michael), would say all these negative things, especially now that Michael is gone. If he did say all these, then I'm really disappointed. People can be so fake and cruel. Shame on him.:puke:

For me, Quincy Jones contradict himself when he say:

Q: You were there to witness the strange evolution in Michael's appearance. Did you ever step in and saying anything about it?
A: Oh, we talked about it all the time. But he'd come up with, "Man, I promise you I have this disease," and so forth, and "I have a blister on my lungs," and all that kind of b.s. It's hard, because Michael's a Virgo, man—he's very set in his ways. You can't talk him out of it. Chemical peels and all that stuff.

For the same question, he say that "we talked about it all the time. But he'd come up with, "Man, I promise you I have this disease," and say in the same time "You can't talk him out of it. " For me it's clearly a contradiction, first he say that Michael talk to him all the time (it was very courageous to do that, but sadly Quincy don't trust him), I suppose that it was during Bad they have this discussion because after they don't talk each others too much, by the way it was lot time before the interview with Oprah, for me it's one of the proof that he have his disease because simply I don't think that Michael would have done during the 80's, some scientific research about a disease for to have an excuse to have an explanation just for Mister Quincy, just for to remember the name "vitiligo" would have been very complicated for him.

And seriously, for the bleach skin story, I have a simple question, how he can do that in this level ? Michael don't onely bleach his skin if I follow the theory of Quincy, but clearly lack of color during his last years, I want to know the name of the product who can do that if Quincy is so smart, the problem with his theory it's that nobody can name the product for to the chemical peels, they just say "Oh Michael bleach his skin like nobody before and after him with ... with strange product. " with no more explanation.

I have myself some doubt about this disease, but for the moment, except if someone I have a better explanation, I trust Michael Jackson (and his doctor, and the witness etc...) because simply Michael have said the name of his disease, a real disease who have real dramatic consequence in lot of lifes, he have clearly a good argument, lot more that simply to said that "he have bleach his skin with Magic product that nobody have seen".

Except that Quincy clearly lack of class (like in his book, he have already insulted lot of peoples), specially because Michael sadly just passed away, but also because when Michael talk to him about his disease multiples times (according Quincy), he don' trust him and worse, he talk about that like "bullshit" with journalist, if he don't trust him he can tell that in different way or don't talk of that.

im disgusted. I dont care if Mj had chemical peels. I dont care if he exagerated his virtiligo, i dont even care if he never had it. I dont CARE ABOUT ANY OF THAT CRAP. its private.

i'm sure mj had issues and demons, we all do. but i know MJ would NEVER do to quincy what quincy has done to him. MJ was always RESPECTFUL to everyone, particularly those he cared about. thats so much more important than whether he had chemical peels or too much surgery.

fake or true its terrible.

"Q: You're not going to be there?
A: No. I can't be there, anyway. I'm going to Wales the day after tomorrow, I go to Montreux, I go to Marbella, I go to the south of France. My condolences and love I've already sent to the family. But being there with 10 million people is not my idea of a tribute to somebody you were so close to—who's got a part of your soul. Our souls were joined, you know. And a piece of it goes with him."

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT????? shut up man be modest and shut up !!!!!

I'm starting to think the only real friend's Michael ever had was his fan's. No wonder he alway's told us he loved us, we never judged him.

Sadly it's true. Here is video of Quincy taking about the "chemical peels"

what a stupid old man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYmieiX2k0g
I think some of yall didn't see this one yet. I'm quoting it here to show you Quincy Jones did say that.

Quincy Jones is one of those many fake friends, for real. I'm sick and tired of hearing the media and some people give Quincy too much credit, saying things like, "Michael wouldn't be the kind of superstar we know if it wasn't for Quincy Jones."
What a bunch of fools. Michael was already a superstar when he met Q.

Well at least it's better than what Jane Fonda said.

Say what? F***k that b*tch.

OMGGGGGG,... thanks for the youtube clip. hes just shown so clearly why hes saying these things about MJ.. hes hurt MJ didnt use him after BAD!!!

that was a BRAVE decision on michaels part.. and it was the right one. dangerous is his greatest album IMO

touch of the green eyed monster Q. its a nasty side of human nature and he shouldnt be showing it so publically now

I think some of yall didn't see this one yet. I'm quoting it here to show you Quincy Jones did say that.

Quincy Jones is one of those many fake friends, for real. I'm sick and tired of hearing the media and some people give Quincy too much credit, saying things like, "Michael wouldn't be the kind of superstar we know if it wasn't for Quincy Jones."
What a bunch of fools. Michael was already a superstar when he met Q.

Say what? F***k that b*tch.

Yeah...i haven't seen this before. This means it's true. What a pathetic, bitter and disrespectful idiot. Shame on him. He will get what he deserves, I'm sure.

yeah, quincy's words have crushed me. up until today i had so much regard for quincy, as did Michael countless times in previous interviews. but yeah to hear him make such ignorant statements is incredible. may sound hasty, but everything that Q's said since michael'spassing has gone out the window for me, along with all the praise he's been getting from other music artists/media personalities

Now you see! Fans always open their eyes too late.
Quincy is simply a hateful pig. That's it. Never been a fan of the person. He is not famous to be a kind person either.
Quincy is still upset because Mike didn't call him back... that's it, also after MJ death. He has been like that since 1990.
Not only that, but Quincy neve did something really good since BAD, that means the genius behind OTW Thriller and BAd was mostly Michael. Michael who wanted a jazz composer for his albums...sorry to say but Quincy knows it very well. Media can hide the fact Quincy production went so bad after MJ left him and let think he was the genius, but the truth is something else.
BTW Dangerous is the best album when it comes to production of the entire Sony' music history. He also knows that.

Oh booohooo MJ hired some other producer and paid him 5 times more. Bitter much? He probably constantly nagged about his appearance and made him feel even more uncomfortable.

I'm shocked...
During the trial, he said he knew Michael only through music. Now all of a sudden, Michael's his little brother and their souls are joined together...What the hell?

Quincy Jones should keep his mouth shut. I was hoping this interview was a fake, but it's obviously not. Quincy jones obviously has no respect for Michael. The last thing Michael's mother Katherine and the Jackson family need after Michael's passing is Quincy Jones saying Michael didn't want to be black etc. Which in some way is hypocritcle coming from Quincy Jones who only has children by white women, and in some ways that's a sign of not wanting to be black in the genetic sense.

If if wasn't for Michael, Quincy Jones wouldn't be no where near as famous as he is now. He may have added string arrangement to Michael's song like Don't Stop Till You Get Enough etc, and put Michael in touch with the brilliant songwriter Rod Temperton. But Michael would have become just as big a legend without Quincy, because all Michael needed to to was leave his brother and go solo, as Michael already had the songs and production skills.

Last edited:
He have given another interview, he don't have changed opinion, but he say that with more a correct way, because he have said honestly that he is not sure about his skin (unlike the other interview when he have said that his disease was bullshit) because Michael have done also the surgery (I'm not sure I have some problems with the english and his voice), I prefer to see honest like that because at least he have said that "he was not sure", with others words Quincy have no idea about the subject but is simply skeptical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7bIkCJFxCY&feature=related

He say in the end that Michael was a pure genius.

Last edited:
"I've been around junkies and stuff all my life."

^^No doubt about that.

"Please, man! I've been around this all my life. So it's hard for somebody to pull the wool over my eyes. But when somebody's hell-bent on it, you can't stop 'em."

^^true. You can't stop it esp. not if you were in rehab for 2 weeks. the media wants to fool us by saying "visit a clinic for two weeks and everything is ok". But life doesn't work like that. the reality is different, you have to visit a clinic for 6 months or longer and you are far away from healing still.

skin peelings are used by so many people it is nothing special. MJ had acne and was burned twice he just needed and wanted to do something. no thing

"I just wanted to hear him deal with a romantic relationship with a human being rather than a rat. I'm saying that facetiously, but it's true. I saw him at the Oscars very emotional about "Ben." I wanted to hear him get in touch with a real human relationship"
^^
Don't you ever say something against rats. We are through Q, we are through forever.

For ME it is so sad to see all the people who were born into privilege having the chance to work with Michael and being around him. Yet they don't seem to know about that honor. And I would have given everything to have the chance to tell Michael I am blessed to meet him and how thankful I am that he makes this cold world a better place.
It shows alot when people laugh about Michael because he was "Such a GOOD person".

You've said that you don't attend funerals anymore because you've lost so many friends.
^^
Quincy is a wimp. MJ would attend and he even managed to smile. He never said "I am to weak to go", MJ lost so many people.

"Q: You're not going to be there?
A: No. I can't be there, anyway. I'm going to Wales the day after tomorrow, I go to Montreux, I go to Marbella, I go to the south of France. My condolences and love I've already sent to the family. But being there with 10 million people is not my idea of a tribute to somebody you were so close to—who's got a part of your soul. Our souls were joined, you know. And a piece of it goes with him."

Yeah, sure part of your soul that you just have to rip, insult and trash him in the same interview.

I know Quincy is a yoyo but this is the harshest thing that he has said to Mike.

The thing is, he is going around to multiple media outlets saying these things over and over. If it wasnt for the fact that he was on the Today show and someone uploaded it to youtube, people would still be dissing the Details magazine interview and calling it a fake and tabloid trash.

Personally I find it utterly bizarre that Quincy would go as far as trashing Michael this way. I remember what he said during the last trial as well.

Compare Quincy to the other musicians/other studio staff that used to work with Michael is like earth and sky.

Bruce Swedien never spoke harsh on Michael. Also check out those people that used to work with Michael on Gearslutz.com. They only spoke the kindest things about Michael.

So yes, it's bizarre.

Back