Rare Pictures Thread

michael-jackson_216365_2.jpg

Old picture of MJ and Dieter Wiesner

This is not Dieter Wiesner but Kent Twitchell. Here are two other ones from their photoshoot:

898545.jpeg

662615.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you guys for sharing all these great pictures - some of these I have never seen before!

I know most people don't see the resemblance that Michael has to Joseph, since the first time we saw Joseph he was already 40 and a little heavy set-but always thought Rebbie, Michael and Janet look so much like him with their eyebrows, and mouths-and of course, Tito, Tito's kids and Rebbie's kids all look like him too.
Ran across this great picture today, that really shows where those looks originally came from. Joseph's mom.
michael-jackson-s-grandmother-joe-jackson-s-mother-michael-jackson-38180587-509-635.jpg

I know most people don't see the resemblance that Michael has to Joseph, since the first time we saw Joseph he was already 40 and a little heavy set-but always thought Rebbie, Michael and Janet look so much like him with their eyebrows, and mouths-and of course, Tito, Tito's kids and Rebbie's kids all look like him too.
Ran across this great picture today, that really shows where those looks originally came from. Joseph's mom.
michael-jackson-s-grandmother-joe-jackson-s-mother-michael-jackson-38180587-509-635.jpg

WOW, great find, Barbee! She's beautiful and yes, I can see it now, especially after finding this pic of Katherine and Joseph to make the comparison. I've always thought that Jackie resembled their mom the most and you can see it in this young pic of her. :)

Katherine%20and%20Joseph%20young_zpsrwv1jt2d.jpg

^^I love these pix of Katherine and Joseph. It's the one of Joseph where I can really see Michael (and Rebbie and Janet).

Jackie is the spitting image of his mother and I've noticed recently as he gets older, that Jermaine looks like her too. Don't know why I didn't realize it before.

(I found this adorable pix of Tito when he was a toddler and he could be Michael's twin. I lost it, but I'll have to dig around for it).

WOW, great find, Barbee! She's beautiful and yes, I can see it now, especially after finding this pic of Katherine and Joseph to make the comparison. I've always thought that Jackie resembled their mom the most and you can see it in this young pic of her. :)

Katherine%20and%20Joseph%20young_zpsrwv1jt2d.jpg

She's gorgeous isn't she?

In 1971. :wub:

tumblr_ntppilKbxO1rxfhcfo1_1280.jpg

I give credit to the impersonator for having the exact outfit, I don't know how he did that so quickly but most impersonators manage to look like a grotesque caricature of Michael. Looking The King himself next to him, Michael looked absolutely graceful and gorgeous. I don't understand how the mofo media dared to say he was ugly.

tumblr_ntpru5EkMM1rxfhcfo1_1280.jpg

I give credit to the impersonator for having the exact outfit, I don't know how he did that so quickly but most impersonators manage to look like a grotesque caricature of Michael. Looking The King himself next to him, Michael looked absolutely graceful and gorgeous. I don't understand how the mofo media dared to say he was ugly.

tumblr_ntpru5EkMM1rxfhcfo1_1280.jpg
Thats most likely his body double for the HIStory trailer in a duplicate costume.

At least that's what I thought.

Thats most likely his body double for the HIStory trailer in a duplicate costume.

At least that's what I thought.

This is correct, it's Earnest Valentino. He was hired to stand in for MJ; they used him to set up lighting and camera distance/focus etc. That's also why he's wearing an exact replica of the outfit. So Michael Bush had to do the same outfit twice.

I have to say this is one of the very best costumes Bush and Tompkins created. I liked it from first sight, but each time I see it and really study it, I appreciate it more.

This is correct, it's Earnest Valentino. He was hired to stand in for MJ; they used him to set up lighting and camera distance/focus etc. That's also why he's wearing an exact replica of the outfit. So Michael Bush had to do the same outfit twice.

I can see why MJ's people hired Valentino as Michael's body double, both of them have the same height and Earnet has similar body complexion, he's an impersonator either way and has done it since the 80s but when it comes to his face/make up, he looks like a creepy wax doll.

Michael looks so gorgeous in that picture Tanya but that backstabbing piece of shit, JS ruined the picture for me.

Michael on his 19th birthday. From Sony Archives. :wub:

"This weekend marks the 57th anniversary of the birth of Michael Jackson. Michael and his fellow Jackson brothers left Motown in 1976 to sign with our own Epic Records label, and we love photos like this, capturing Michael hanging out with the Epic Records staff. This picture was taken at a 19th birthday party held for Michael (here with an unidentified partygoer) in an Epic conference room in 1977."

tumblr_ntt8wx6bVp1th5lizo1_1280.jpg

With Joe Cocker (far right.)

tumblr_nttduqR9F41rxfhcfo1_1280.jpg

To add a picture with Golden Age Hollywood legend Ava Gardner. I had no idea they met.

11953146_10153592884929394_1837415998659978007_n.png

Last edited:
Michael on his 19th birthday. From Sony Archives. :wub:

"This weekend marks the 57th anniversary of the birth of Michael Jackson. Michael and his fellow Jackson brothers left Motown in 1976 to sign with our own Epic Records label, and we love photos like this, capturing Michael hanging out with the Epic Records staff. This picture was taken at a 19th birthday party held for Michael (here with an unidentified partygoer) in an Epic conference room in 1977."

tumblr_ntt8wx6bVp1th5lizo1_1280.jpg

Great pic! Carrying the afro pick in his waistband was quite the norm for guys back in the day, because some styles of pants didn't have back pockets. My brother used to carry his like that.

Back