Remembering Frank Dileo on 1 year anniversary of death / Frank DiLeo Has Passed Away

Re: Update *Frank DiLeo Has Passed Away Post 377*

very sad news. I was very fond of Frank. R.I.P. My thoughts go out to his family.

maybe Michael needed a manager in heaven ? Rip, Frank :(

oh no lol
is this true...?

RIP Frank Delio.
Together they make magic.
Best manager Michael ever had.

I was shocked to read this, I thought he'd pull through. My thoughts are with Frank and his family right now. This is very sad news. :(

don't know how trustworthy this newspaper is...

[h=1]Frank Dileo, Michael Jackson's former manager, fed up with pop star's estate before death: source[/h] Gatecrasher
Thursday, August 25th 2011, 4:00 AM

alg_frank-dileo.jpg
Chris Pizzello/AP
Frank Dileo's final days were reportedly darkened by feuds with the late Jackson's co-executors.

Frank Dileo rests in peace - though we hear he was pretty agitated about Michael Jackson's estate before he died.
As the music world mourned the loss of Jackson's old-school cigar-chomping manager, who died on Wednesday, friends of Dileo tell us that his last healthy days were darkened by a growing disenchantment with the late pop star's co-executors.
One source says that early this year, Dileo even fired off an angry email to one of those executors, entertainment attorney John Branca, to complain about co-executor John McClain.
"He told Branca that he was very disappointed," says the friend who adds: "They were cutting Frank's power" and money he received as a consultant to Jackson's estate.
"He felt he wasn't getting his fair share financially and that McClain was undermining him," says the source.
Dileo, who managed the King of Pop from his "Thriller" years in the mid-'80s until the end of the decade and reunited with him shortly before Jackson's death in 2009, was particularly incensed with McClain's reaction to new Jackson tracks that were released posthumously on the album "Michael" last year.
MICHAEL JACKSON PHOTOS: A LOOK BACK AT THE LIFE & CAREER OF THE KING OF POP
McClain, who had briefly managed Jackson in the early '90s, was among a Greek chorus that claimed an impostor was on the tapes. (Forensic experts concluded they were legit.)
Dileo told us he had brought the songs to the attention of Jackson's record label, Sony, and in his email to Branca, the source says he accused McClain of spreading "negative spin" about him and the record.
According to the source, Dileo also accused McClain of "standing in the way of the marketing plan" for "Michael" by "not letting anyone hear the record."
In January, Dileo told us he was writing a memoir in which he would set the record straight about Jackson and the controversy behind "Michael." Shortly after our story ran, the source says the estate paid Dileo "a bonus."
Now it's unclear if the book will see the light of day. After undergoing heart surgery in March, Dileo experienced complications and never recovered. He was 64.
Calls to McClain and Branca were not returned by deadline. In response to our questions, a spokesman for Jackson's estate wrote: We believe it is appropriate to limit our comments" to "those we have already expressed ... We will always be grateful for Frank's contributions to Michael Jackson's career and to the estate, and our hearts go out to the Dileo family."

maybe Michael needed a manager in heaven ? Rip, Frank :(

OH, that is so sweet. What a kind thought. Now he has Elizabeth and Frank, but Michael and Frank were too young to go.

don't know how trustworthy this newspaper is...

[h=1]Frank Dileo, Michael Jackson's former manager, fed up with pop star's estate before death: source[/h] Gatecrasher
Thursday, August 25th 2011, 4:00 AM

alg_frank-dileo.jpg
Chris Pizzello/AP
Frank Dileo's final days were reportedly darkened by feuds with the late Jackson's co-executors.

Frank Dileo rests in peace - though we hear he was pretty agitated about Michael Jackson's estate before he died.
As the music world mourned the loss of Jackson's old-school cigar-chomping manager, who died on Wednesday, friends of Dileo tell us that his last healthy days were darkened by a growing disenchantment with the late pop star's co-executors.
One source says that early this year, Dileo even fired off an angry email to one of those executors, entertainment attorney John Branca, to complain about co-executor John McClain.
"He told Branca that he was very disappointed," says the friend who adds: "They were cutting Frank's power" and money he received as a consultant to Jackson's estate.
"He felt he wasn't getting his fair share financially and that McClain was undermining him," says the source.
Dileo, who managed the King of Pop from his "Thriller" years in the mid-'80s until the end of the decade and reunited with him shortly before Jackson's death in 2009, was particularly incensed with McClain's reaction to new Jackson tracks that were released posthumously on the album "Michael" last year.
MICHAEL JACKSON PHOTOS: A LOOK BACK AT THE LIFE & CAREER OF THE KING OF POP
McClain, who had briefly managed Jackson in the early '90s, was among a Greek chorus that claimed an impostor was on the tapes. (Forensic experts concluded they were legit.)
Dileo told us he had brought the songs to the attention of Jackson's record label, Sony, and in his email to Branca, the source says he accused McClain of spreading "negative spin" about him and the record.
According to the source, Dileo also accused McClain of "standing in the way of the marketing plan" for "Michael" by "not letting anyone hear the record."
In January, Dileo told us he was writing a memoir in which he would set the record straight about Jackson and the controversy behind "Michael." Shortly after our story ran, the source says the estate paid Dileo "a bonus."
Now it's unclear if the book will see the light of day. After undergoing heart surgery in March, Dileo experienced complications and never recovered. He was 64.
Calls to McClain and Branca were not returned by deadline. In response to our questions, a spokesman for Jackson's estate wrote: We believe it is appropriate to limit our comments" to "those we have already expressed ... We will always be grateful for Frank's contributions to Michael Jackson's career and to the estate, and our hearts go out to the Dileo family."
Is this information true. Mysterious sources are always telling reporters something. I do not know how to take this; was Frank going to say something and then received money so he stopped.

This is such a shock..he's too young for this...:(
RIP Frank. You will be greatly missed.

RIP frank. I jujst got word of this. Michael seem to be getting all of his people back around him.

Very sad news indeed. :( Rest in Peace Frank Dileo.

angel3l.gif
May a shower of God's comfort come to
the family of Frank Dielo.
angel3r.gif

Michael-Jackson-Frank-Dileo.jpg

Michael Jackson and Frank Dielo together, again.
Heaven is the only place one can see a good music concert.

Is this information true. Mysterious sources are always telling reporters something. I do not know how to take this; was Frank going to say something and then received money so he stopped.
Nydn is a tabloid so take as u see fit

damn just heard on austin's twitter.......man R.I.P......so sad

Please don't shoot the messenger.

<HEADER>Frank Dileo, The Real Story of Michael Jackson’s Brilliant Manager

Frank_DiLeo1.jpg
<!--
rfriedman@nyc.rr.comd41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e
--><TIME>08/25/11 9:21am</TIME> Roger Friedman 0
<IFRAME style="WIDTH: 110px; HEIGHT: 20px" class="twitter-share-button twitter-count-horizontal" title="Twitter For Websites: Tweet Button" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.html#_=1314298648578&count=horizontal&id=twitter_tweet_button_0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.showbiz411.com%2F2011%2F08%2F25%2Ffrank-dileo-the-real-story-of-michael-jacksons-brilliant-manager&text=Frank Dileo%2C The Real Story of Michael Jackson’s Brilliant Manager&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.showbiz411.com%2F2011%2F08%2F25%2Ffrank-dileo-the-real-story-of-michael-jacksons-brilliant-manager&via=showbiz411" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no></IFRAME><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js"></SCRIPT><IFRAME style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 150px; HEIGHT: 21px; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none" class=facebook_share src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http://www.showbiz411.com/2011/08/25/frank-dileo-the-real-story-of-michael-jacksons-brilliant-manager&layout=button_count&show_faces=false&width=150&action=like&colorscheme=light&height=21" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no></IFRAME>

<!-- end .post_meta --></HEADER>I’m finally getting to write about my friend Frank Dileo, who died yesterday at age 63. Frank was Michael Jackson’s loyal and brilliant manager and friend, the architect of his success and his amazing career. You want to know about “Thriller”? It was Frank, “Bad”? Frank again. It was Frank who sat through Michael’s child molestation trial in 2005 in Santa Maria, California, far from his home in Ohio, at his own expense.
It was Frank who returned in the spring of 2009 to keep Michael on the straight and narrow so he could rehearse for his London concert dates. It was Frank who kissed Michael on the forehead, closed his eyes in the emergency room, and went out to tell Michael’s kids that their father had died. For Michael, Frank was always there.
I met Frank a long time ago, but we bonded during that trial. He’d come to god forsaken Santa Maria barely able to see. He had severely limited vision due to glaucoma and diabetes, and was waiting for an operation. He couldn’t drive, so I was his self appointed chauffeur. It was a long trial, and it wasn’t like Michael was in any shape to acknowledge Frank or to thank him. But he hung in there, and was a particular friend to Katherine Jackson, who attended the trial every day.
What Frank didn’t want to concede was that the Jacksons were notoriously disloyal. While the trial raged on, Michael’s former chief of security and surrogate father, Bill Bray, lay dying in a hospital bed in a little house in Los Angeles near the 10 freeway. Michael and all the Jacksons had simply dropped him. Bray, who I visited a few times, was semi-comatose and cared for by his lady friend. She wondered what had happened to the Jacksons. They were gone.
When the trial was over, and Michael hotfooted it to Bahrain and other locales, Dileo was similarly cut off. It wasn’t until Michael was in dire financial straits, and struggling to prepare for London, that he called on Frank. Dileo was there in a flash. He was the most loyal friend you could ask for. Again, he came at his own expense. Even though he’d lived high during the 80s with Michael, Frank didn’t make out like some of Jackson’s other advisers. His attitude was, you don’t ask. You wait for someone–Michael, Sony–to do the right thing. They never did.
I digress. Frank had the worst health imaginable. Forget the stuff people in the record business did in those crazy Eighties. He smoked stogies, ate thick steaks, liked a good scotch. He loved The Palm in Nashville, and the breakfast room at the Beverly Hilton. At the latter he’d become a fixture in the last couple of years, moving in to help Michael and staying–even though he had a wonderful and understanding wife, Linda, and kids Belinda and Dominic, back in Ohio. He became the mascot of the Beverly Hilton. When he got sick this past spring, the staff came to Cedars Sinai and held prayer vigils. They were that fond of him.
Do nice guys finish last? I don’t think so. Frank played mobsters in movies like “Goodfellas” and liked to act tough, but he was a sweetheart. If only he’d been a little terrifying or threatening maybe he’d have made more money. But he led with his heart, and that always gets you into trouble. Was he disillusioned with Michael’s executors? Yes. He brought John Branca back into Michael’s life six weeks before Jackson died. With Branca came the utterly useless John McClain, who resented Frank and did everything he could to blunt his participation. The lackluster performance of the “Michael” album, which Frank tried to guide, can be laid at McClain’s feet.
Since Frank’s illness–resulting from triple bypass surgery in March–I have to say that the estate has been incredibly helpful, however. The details are private. But when Frank’s family needed support they got it. So you have to balance these things out.
So what now? I’m going to do what Frank did to stay healthy: fruit for breakfast, with bacon and French toast. And remember my friend, who was barely five feet tall, but was a giant among men.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2011/08/2...l-story-of-michael-jacksons-brilliant-manager

Pearl Jr in her profile on youtube:

Pearljr I met Frank Dileo at the 2005 trial while I sat behind the Jacksons in the courtroom. Michael was SO grateful Frank showed up for him, stating "out of all the managers I had, you are the ONLY one that showed up" and then MJ hugged him and thanked him again.

Truth!

I hope Frank Di Leo wasn't supposed to testify at Michael's defense!!!

"You couldn&#8217;t find two more different people...He won&#8217;t eat meat; I&#8217;ll run out to get a cheeseburger. I&#8217;ll take a drink; he won&#8217;t touch the stuff...Just look at us &#8212; he&#8217;s skinny, I&#8217;m fat. If we stand next to each other, we look like the number 10.&#8221; - Frank Dileo

Michael Bearden's Fan Page
R.I.P. Frank DiLeo..MJ,Nick and Jerry must need a manager! I'll miss you..I'll always remember the great times you, me KO,Travis and MJ had when we started on This Is It..Even before a band a dancers we all had some amazing times together in the planning room..Be well and tell MJ I'm holding it down and I didn't forget what he asked me to do!...m~

Oh let me count the ways I hate Roger Friedman...

That article above, I don't believe Michael showed no gratitude for Frank coming to the trial. I have read he did and that they stayed in touch. I am sure Michael appreciated it. That was a nice message from Michael Beardon.

Oh let me count the ways I hate Roger Friedman...

Right, out of something where every one has something good to say up comes the Roger with his nastiness. Now Frank was his good friend. When people die, like Michael, people always come along stating they were very close to the deceased. He is trying to portray Michael as thoughtless, ungrateful, unkind and I don't buy that. Good bye Roger.

Right, out of something where every one has something good to say up comes the Roger with his nastiness. Now Frank was his good friend. When people die, like Michael, people always come along stating they were very close to the deceased. He is trying to portray Michael as thoughtless, ungrateful, unkind and I don't buy that. Good bye Roger.

I don't buy that either.

RIP Frank

Back