Remembering Frank Dileo on 1 year anniversary of death / Frank DiLeo Has Passed Away

Re: Update *Frank DiLeo Has Passed Away Post 377*

Friedman is talking out of his behind again. I know it was Gail Felix who was driving Frank around during the trial and not Roger. Michael definitely acknowledged him and they talked inside the court house many times. And finally, he never cut him off, they were in contact over the phone all the time when Mike left for Bahrain. So Roger needs to sit down.

Friedman is talking out of his behind again. I know it was Gail Felix who was driving Frank around during the trial and not Roger. Michael definitely acknowledged him and they talked inside the court house many times. And finally, he never cut him off, they were in contact over the phone all the time when Mike left for Bahrain. So Roger needs to sit down.

Do you anything about Bill Bray? I thought that I read that Michael financially supported him after Bill stopped working for him.

That article above, I don't believe Michael showed no gratitude for Frank coming to the trial. I have read he did and that they stayed in touch. I am sure Michael appreciated it. That was a nice message from Michael Beardon.

Yes and the article makes it seem like Mike only spoke to Frank again in 2009 - wrong! Early as 2007 Michael was speaking with getting back to work with Frank, it was even reported in the press!

Roger always comes across so bitter and resentful about Mike. Everything he writes is just ladened with it, you'd think MJ slept with his wife or something.

And Frank only became Mike's manager after the release of Thriller, right? What's funny is how he makes it seem like Frank wrote and performed Thriller and Bad. The same way journalists love to act like Quincy did. Anything to undermine him.

Saw this on the news earlier (I live in Pittsburgh). They showed clips of him and Michael too. RIP Frank. Say hello to Michael.

"He's not afraid to look into the worst suffering and find the smallest part
that's positive and beautiful."
-- Frank Dileo

Dileo_mike2.JPG

Dileo_Mike_.JPG

Very sad :( they did amazing work together.
RIP.

Franco,

vi sarà sempre ricordato per essere stato un amico meraviglioso direttore d'amore e di michael,

Ci manchi!

Riposa in pace

When I logged on to MJJC, the updated title of this thread made me gasp.
Dileo and MJ really did some amazing work together.
Rest in peace Frank. My thoughts go out to you and your family.

And Frank only became Mike's manager after the release of Thriller, right? What's funny is how he makes it seem like Frank wrote and performed Thriller and Bad. The same way journalists love to act like Quincy did. Anything to undermine him.

Yea its funny how people always try to diminish Mikes creativity. Im sure Quincy, Bruce Sweidan(sp), Rod Temperton, Walter Yterknof(sp), etc. disagree with Roger also. While yes, MJ didnt do it all by himself it took a team of people to help him succeed (same goes for anybody with success), it was MJs vision and they helped his dreams come true.

Do you anything about Bill Bray? I thought that I read that Michael financially supported him after Bill stopped working for him.
Yea MJ did financially support him after he stopped working for him, also from my understanding MJ and Janet also still supported their tutor Ms Rose. It wasd a good deed on MJs part but he didnt still have to support him after he stopped working for him. Im sure Bill Bray had insurance to cover his medical expenses. Also wasnt he writing a negative book or something like that about MJ????

My thing is that Bill worked for Michael since Michael was a teen. You want to tell me that Bill never set up a fund for himself to take care of his retirement years? It was not Michael's obligation to look after Bill when he retired, the same way our employers do not send us a goodwill check every month after we retire. That being said, Michael would never leave Bray hanging if he knew he was in need. Michael even bury former stars when they died poor and no one cared. So shut up Roger and find out your facts. How do these people get away with printing such lies and are not sued, is amazing.

I really thought he would be better :(

The King of Pop and the King of Managing reunited once more. Rest in peace.

My condolences to the Dileo family.

Im sure Bill Bray had insurance to cover his medical expenses. Also wasnt he writing a negative book or something like that about MJ????

Bill was writing a negative book? I never heard that...

I think chanel05 confused him with Bob Jones.

Who is Gail Felix? It really bugs me that this guy makes it out that Michael didn't care Frank supported him. Tom Messereau said people turned away from Michael. People he says he saw on tv after Michael died with their phony caring. I am sure that seeing Frank helped him just like seeing the fans outside the courthouse everyday did. It really seemed like Michael wanted the people who really supported him back with him. I think even Frank himself said somewhere he stayed in touch with Michael after the trial.

Yeah friedman as normal is talking shite. Get over your crush roger.

I think chanel05 confused him with Bob Jones.

okay... I knew it was I had it wrong. Thats why I put question marks after it.

[h=1]<nyt_headline version="1.0" type=" ">Frank Dileo, Michael Jackson’s Manager, Dies at 63</nyt_headline>[/h]<nyt_byline> [h=6]By BEN SISARIO[/h]</nyt_byline>[h=6]Published: August 24, 2011[/h]<nyt_text><nyt_correction_top></nyt_correction_top> Frank Dileo, the stout, cigar-smoking former bookie who was Michael Jackson’s personal manager during much of his 1980s career peak, died on Wednesday in Pittsburgh. He was 63.
</nyt_text>
Enlarge This Image

[h=6]Chris Pizzello/Associated Press[/h]Frank Dileo in 2009.

Enlarge This Image

[h=6]Dave Hogan/Getty Images[/h]Frank Dileo, with cigar, and Michael Jackson in 1988.

The cause was complications from heart surgery in March, said his wife, Linda.
Mr. Dileo was one of a handful of advisers who shepherded Jackson through world tours, endorsement deals and a visit to the White House. Yet at 5 feet 2 inches tall and more than 200 pounds, his hair in a slick ponytail and rings on his pinkies, he cut an unlikely figure next to the Peter Pan-like Jackson.
“You couldn’t find two more different people,” Mr. Dileo once said. “He won’t eat meat; I’ll run out to get a cheeseburger. I’ll take a drink; he won’t touch the stuff.” He added: “Just look at us — he’s skinny, I’m fat. If we stand next to each other, we look like the number 10.”
From 1979 until Jackson hired him as manager in 1984, Mr. Dileo was vice president for promotion at Epic Records, working with acts like Culture Club, Cyndi Lauper and Quiet Riot. Jackson, who also recorded for Epic, credited Mr. Dileo with the radio campaign that helped make the “Thriller” album a worldwide success.
Released in late 1982, “Thriller” has sold well over 50 million copies, according to most estimates, making it the biggest-selling album ever.
Frank Michael Dileo was born in Pittsburgh on Oct. 23, 1947, and got his start in the music business stocking store shelves with new records. In the late 1960s and ’70s he worked in promotion for record companies in Cleveland, Nashville and New York, pitching songs to radio stations.
He had run-ins with the law. Twice in the late ’70s he was convicted of taking bets on college basketball games. At Epic he supported the use of independent promoters, a system of middlemen between labels and radio stations that was investigated by the federal authorities in the 1980s for payola and links to organized crime.
Mr. Dileo, who was not charged, defended the practice, which continues today.
“There’s not anything dishonest going on,” Mr. Dileo said of independent promotion in “Hit Men,” Fredric Dannen’s 1990 book about corruption in the music industry. “Organized crime?” he added. “There ain’t been organized crime since Capone died.”
As Jackson’s manager, he helped negotiate a 1986 endorsement contract with Pepsi that was reported to be worth more than $10 million. In those days Mr. Dileo drove a black Rolls-Royce, a gift from his employer, with the license plate “THANXMJJ.”
But in early 1989 Jackson fired Mr. Dileo, dissatisfied with the sales of his album “Bad.” (Jackson had wanted to sell 100 million copies of the album, but after a year and a half it had sold only 20 million.)
Mr. Dileo soon got a phone call from Martin Scorsese, who had directed the video for Jackson’s song “Bad,” offering a small role as a Mafioso in his next picture, “GoodFellas.” Mr. Dileo played Tuddy Cicero, who kills Joe Pesci’s character, Tommy. He also appeared with Mike Myers and Dana Carvey in the movies “Wayne’s World” and “Wayne’s World 2,” playing a flashy record executive.
In the 1990s Mr. Dileo continued his career as an artist manager, working with Taylor Dayne, Jodeci and Richie Sambora of Bon Jovi. In 2007 he was named chief executive of ValCom, a film, television and theatrical production company.
Mr. Dileo was reunited with Jackson in 2009 as the singer prepared for a run of comeback concerts in London. He signed on as manager again about a month before Jackson died of an overdose of sedatives on June 25 that year; at the U.C.L.A. Medical Center that day, Mr. Dileo informed Jackson’s children that their father had died.
Besides his wife, he is survived by a son, Dominic; a daughter, Belinda; a sister, Rose Marie; and a grandson.
Throughout their time together, Jackson and Mr. Dileo played up their odd-couple image. On the record sleeve for “Bad,” released in 1987, was a picture of the men facing each other in silhouette, a cigar hanging from Mr. Dileo’s mouth. The caption: “Another great team.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/25/a...-jacksons-manager-dies-at-63.html?_r=1&src=tp

^ Looked like the number 10? :hysterical:

So sad.. rest in peace Frank :( My condolences to the family.

These right ups always have to add something negative about the deceased, at least some of them. I did not have to know he had issues with the law!!! RIP Frank, we love you.

Does anyone know anything about the funeral? :(

Frank's niece was asked when she starts school and she replied:

annamariex0 Anna Marie Drago
@ @sheh8meee I start Monday, but I'm going to miss Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday classes because we will be in Pittsburgh for the funeral :'(

I hate the way that article gave him & mj the "odd couple image" tag cuz imo there wasnt anything odd bout their friendship at all

R.I.P Frank :(

Back