Rescheduling Of Opening Shows General Discussion Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy, I've just found out about all the problems and the rescheduling, and my heart and prayers are going out to all of those who are suffering from these changes. I hope you all still get to go and can make the necessary changes to your schedules!

My heart and prayers are also going out to Kenny, Michael, and the men at AEG who made the final decisions. I'm sure if there were any way to not do this, they would have done it, and they would have looked at ever possible angle to keep the shows as they were. In the end, I hope they don't get jumped at too much for what they've done. They still are helping Michael put on the greatest show anyone's gonna see for the next 20 years probably.

Come on now... he could at least join kenny and randy and assure his fans that it would be worth it, and that he was sorry to let down so many of he fans, regardless of it being his fault.

Ifit did come from mikes mouth, alot of things would be better!
Don't act like mike is never wrong. People spend thousands of dollars, punds whatever. At least he could say a few word to calm his fans down and put a smile on their faces... geeez.

ninety five percent of the time, anything that comes out of Michael's mouth is either not believed, rediculed, or scorned. certainly not taken seriously. what would be different now? people usually believe things when they come out of the mouths of other people on behalf of Michael.

i think that michael SHOULD have been there on the video and said look we're all really sorry yada yada

well...this has just happened. let's give it time and see what happens. again, it's not necessary, since it would be like MJ apologizing for wanting a bang up show, but, you know, the media has propped Kenny Ortega to be an icon. they have propped him up to be relevant, and as rescuing Michael from being 'irrelevant.' it was as if Kenny was treated as the king here, and Michael, the grateful servant. but now that something appears to be wrong, Michael is the King, and Kenny is the servant.

the reality is, Kenny and Michael are icons. both their names are on the line here. the two are as one. whatever happens is a Michael Jackson Kenny Ortega production. the result belongs to both of them. in reality, one speaking is like the other speaking.

having said that, we can wait and see what happens. perhaps Michael will say somethng. but i'm not hurting over it if i don't see him say something. in my heart, i know the intent of all this. i know the reason for all this. and i know that much money was spent getting tickets, and i'd bet my mortgage that many would be more disapponted in a three digit pound disaster of a show, than they would be in a three digit pound cancellation of a show. i guess the thing to say is it's a lesser of two evils. but right now, we are hearing from Ortega. we do know the reason why things are happening. and no info is being witheld.

I have no idea who Kenny Ortega is outside of what I read here. I'm sure many fans are the same. The efforts of those behind the scenes are appreciated, but I'm paying to see Michael Jackson. It would be nice to see just how involved he really is in this. You'd think he'd be the first one with a little video posted online.

I really hope this blows over and everyone who gets rescheduled gets their plans worked out. Currently, my dates look okay and I hope it stays that way.

Don't worry about the media, they bitch regardless. They do that with every artist that postpones or cancels their shows, it's not exclusive to MJ.

It's really not the media I'm worried about. They don't affect my opinions about Michael at all. Still, it's a shame this had to happen because the media tend to be a lot tougher and more negative when it comes to Michael, let's face it. Let me give you an example: Last week, Depeche Mode cancelled their scheduled appearance at the Athens Olympic Stadium AFTER the audience had entered the stadium and the show had already started. Aside from a two-minute report on the following day's news, nothing else was reported. If something like that had happened on one of Michael's shows, the world would have gone mad.

I have no idea who Kenny Ortega is outside of what I read here. I'm sure many fans are the same. The efforts of those behind the scenes are appreciated, but I'm paying to see Michael Jackson. It would be nice to see just how involved he really is in this. You'd think he'd be the first one with a little video posted online.

I really hope this blows over and everyone who gets rescheduled gets their plans worked out. Currently, my dates look okay and I hope it stays that way.

I can see how people have that sentiment, but at this point we'll have to wait to see the fruits of that when the show hits.
It's really not the media I'm worried about. They don't affect my opinions about Michael at all. Still, it's a shame this had to happen because the media tend to be a lot tougher and more negative when it comes to Michael, let's face it. Let me give you an example: Last week, Depeche Mode cancelled their scheduled appearance at the Athens Olympic Stadium AFTER the audience had entered the stadium and the show had already started. Aside from a two-minute report on the following day's news, nothing else was reported. If something like that had happened on one of Michael's shows, the world would have gone mad.

I understand what you mean, but you're not comparing artists of the same caliber. Depeche mode probably also wouldn't sell a million tickets. Michael is just more high profile. But the rumors are going around about him anyway, whether something actually happens or not.

Last edited:

I completely agree with you my friend!

The problem with that plan is that its 20,000 ppl a show, you can't just ask them to sort out fans, if they do it for one they have to do it for all

Not all 20 000 tickets would have been released for sale and some would actually not minded March shows. So for those who need July tickets they could have accomodated them...There is definetey a better alternative, but AEG simply took the easiest way out!! Its quite lazy on their part!

This was posted by someone earlyer.. they could do something similar to this of course!

july 8th move to 12th

july 10th move to 14th

july 12th move to 20th

july 14th move to august 14th

therefore michael would not perform any gigs 2 consecitive nights

i think that michael SHOULD have been there on the video and said look we're all really sorry yada yada

Why would Michael appear on some video?! He just have no time for that. Come on, he has much else to worry about than just some rescheduled or cancelled concert dates. Actually Michael doesn't even have so much control on those dates. And he must suppose his people just do their jobs the best possible ways. If you really have to blame someone it's the concert promoter who thought that Michael Jackson shows are the same than any else shows.

I can see how people have that sentiment, but at this point we'll have to wait to see the fruits of that when the show hits.

I understand what you mean, but you're not comparing artists of the same caliber. Depeche mode probably also wouldn't sell a million tickets. Michael is just more high profile. But the rumors are going around about him anyway, whether something actually happens or not.

ok, i was just told that all these artists are the same high production caliber. certainly, both are being regarded as returning from the 80's.

I suggest that everyone here watch a few episodes of Lie To Me, and then get back to me on Kenny and Randys body language out of that video because neither of them were sincere. The only time Kenny was telling the truth was when he was talking about new songs and that hes heard a couple and the times he was talking about the past tours

I am actually loving this...............all this craziness and rescheduling over Michael's concerts.......

instead of Michael's trial..

I hope things work out for fans with those cancelled dates.. and I know when you do get to see the concert... it will be worth it in the end!

Taking pot shots or digs at Michael will not be premitted. It's fine to be angry it's fine to be upset but it's below MJJC Forum standards to allow attacks.

I suggest that everyone here watch a few episodes of Lie To Me, and then get back to me on Kenny and Randys body language out of that video because neither of them were sincere. The only time Kenny was telling the truth was when he was talking about new songs and that hes heard a couple and the times he was talking about the past tours

You watch a few episodes of a TV SHOW! and that would make you an expert? lol that's just funny, there are way too many things that come into play. They probably were a little out of sorts, i'm sure video press statements isn't something they do everyday. That doesn't mean they're lying.

You watch a few episodes of a TV SHOW! and that would make you an expert? lol that's just funny, there are way too many things that come into play. They probably were a little out of sorts, i'm sure video press statements isn't something they do everyday. That doesn't mean they're lying.

Agreed.

I'd say they're probably sincere just because they stand to make money off of this and both seem to be enthusiastic about MJ.

well...if you're not going to believe Kenny...then...it's quite vain for michael to make a video appearance, isn't it?

I'm actually a psychologist, and have studied it also.

http://splashnewsonline.celebuzz.com/2009/05/michael-jackson-doctor.html

i can see that michael really cares about his fans, wait for it he'll be shopping next

You are skating on thin ice with the disrespect.

I'm one of those that has been affected. Luckily not travelling from overseas as am in the UK. Have already got my train tickets and hotel though, am going to Portsmouth beforehand, then to London for two nights, then up to Edinburgh, so I can't really cancel that part of the trip. Will just find something else to do. If any Michael Jackson tribute acts have the evening's free I guess they could earn a few pound by putting on an unofficial show for those MJ fans who are still in the Capital!

I think I'll be getting a refund for my ticket, as much as I want to see MJ again, I don't really want to wait until March which may sound a bit silly but going from a two month wait to a ten month wait is a bit too much for me! I also purposely went for an early date as, no matter how much a MJ fan I may be, the sheer excess of the planned tour seemed a little too much and I have a few concerns about the tour lasting it's full length.

Really sorry for those international visitors. I guess they have some serious decisions to consider. If I'd paid a load of money for a flight, I'm not sure I'd be too comfortable paying yet more money to switch it to a new date when for all I know, come 8 months, that date could change again!

Okay I just finished watching the press conference. That about explains it all and confirms some of our speculations. Haven't had a chance to read more of this thread since I was last in it, especially as it has increased by over 20 pages...but I do hope ppl can sort this out for themselves or fans can come up with solutions that help each other. :( Good luck to all of you. :huggy:

I'm actually a psychologist, and have studied it also.

Being you dont believe them
what is your explaination as to why you think they set the start time
up to the 13th instead of the 8th (5 days difference)

for the hell of it ?????? WHy would they knowing the concequnces
There had to be a damn good reason for them to do it _

I have no doubt they had a good reason
or they would have NEVER gone there

God 43 pages!....

Anyway, I saw this rumour posted sometime ago by a certain someone but hoped said person would be proved wrong, he obviously was'nt.

With that said, I was never gonna be able to attend any of these shows at all so I can safely say I cannot imagine what some of you that have been affected by this are feeling right now. Its human to express anger and you have every right, but the personal attacks on other fans and Michael Jackson is uncalled for and one person in particular is being downright insulting! and that ish needs to stop.

Hopefully something can be done to alleviate some of the issues being faced by those affected. I sincerely don't think Michael Jackson agreed to do this without no thoughts for the fans, I just don't. Losing so much money can't be an easy thing especially when you probably had to scrape the money together in the first place. I just pray that everything else will go off without any further hitches.

and so it begins...I just knew something like this was gonna happen. Didn't expect it on the first fucking date though. Am now tempted to not even bother with opening night and get my money back, god knows I spent enough of it!
This is bollocks! I'm in hospital right now and was crapping myself so much about this I couldn't sleep and had to just know. Thank god for iPhones and wifi. Thanks to aeg for making an absolutely shit day even shitter. I should have seen it coming. Wonder what michael has to say about this? All for 5 fucking days?! My arse, there's more to this. Not to mention I paid a fortune on viagogo for two final night tickets!! So pissed off.
I really feel for you guys coming from abroad...this is not on.

Im sorry that most fans have had to re schedule the tickets and plans...:better: to you all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back