Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins to let fans listen to never before heard MJ music

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
News just in from producer Rodney Jerkins' twitter account, @ONLY1DARKCHILD :
"In the studio w/ @BigShiz listening to #DARKCHILD records that yall never heard. Brandy, Usher, Mj, Biggie, Jay Z, Destiny's Child, etc..."
"Beyonce, Britney, Gaga, etc..."
"I think im gonna create something on my site called the The Lost Sessions so people can hear songs that never seen the light of the day.

Oh, I hope that happens! I do feel a bit guilty, knowing Michael wouldn't probably want people listening to unfinished tunes, but... I still like listening to these new/unreleased songs.

I doubt he's able to share unreleased MJ songs with everyone. MJ's estate definitely has a say in this

I hope the estate let him ,anything Michael has worked on I'll take a look at despite the fact that Michael would want us to.

Personally, I think Rodney should hold off about this for awhile until some other Michael Jackson issues get settled and then clear the release of these songs with the Estate.

Maybe he is talking about primarily beats?? If he released these, he would not need any approval I think. I thought MJ would always keep his contribution to his music anyway. If so, Rodney would not have them to share, no? This is what I am thinking. But I don't know.

I think he should do this. Most definitely!

Maybe the Estate would be fine with it, if he gave them a cut in it? I imagine that Barry Gibb had to sign some sort of paperwork to release his song with Michael...the Estate wouldn't have just let that happen, if they could have used it for a future release.

I think he should do this. Most definitely!

Maybe the Estate would be fine with it, if he gave them a cut in it? I imagine that Barry Gibb had to sign some sort of paperwork to release his song with Michael...the Estate wouldn't have just let that happen, if they could have used it for a future release.

This is different though, All In Your Name is a Barry Gibb song featuring Michael so I don't think the Estate would hhave much interest in using it for an album.

I hope that any unreleased songs are on albums and not just streamed online..That way there will be more albums to release :)

Well if he obtains the approval of The Estate, then I'm all up for new songs.

I hope he does do this...but there apart of me reckons he wont.

I'll just sit back and chill on this one. But if I get to hear some Michael Jackson I've never heard before,bring it! :yes:

:heart:
souldreamer7

Do it! Do it!

I love Invincible so it would be very nice to hear something that Darkchild produced. :)

I thought he was going to work on songs from invincible era for a new MJalbum later.Maybe I read it in the discussion-thread before the album Michael was released and it was just speculations but new MJalbums are coming sooner or later .

I doubt he's able to share unreleased MJ songs with everyone. MJ's estate definitely has a say in this

That's the first thought that came into my mind. I hope people are understanding that they just can't simply take Michael's music and do anything they want to without his Estate approval--something Michael's mom and dad cannot understand yet.

I am selfish when it comes to Michael"s music...I wanna hear it !!!
No matter what songs..who produdec them...are they unfinished..I just wanna hear his voice and enjoy his master-work.
I miss him so.

I remembered that he also hold the video of making Invincible.
I hope those video got released too.

He would have to ask the estate's permission, wouldn't he?
It'd be nice to hear it but I'm unsure. Like someone mentioned, Michael wouldn't want anybody to hear that and I think I'd rather any unreleased material be released on future albums. It would benefit Michael more in that way.

There is no way the estate and Sony will allow this to happen without their involvement, and we've seen how well that works out =(

Well what if his voice wasn't on it. What if this is just an instrumental track? Then I don't think the Estate would bother worrying about the rights to the music. Let's not get our hopes up here because I really doubt it's much at all.

Well what if his voice wasn't on it. What if this is just an instrumental track? Then I don't think the Estate would bother worrying about the rights to the music. Let's not get our hopes up here because I really doubt it's much at all.

I second this. Not expecting too much, but it would be great to hear nonetheless.

Back