Sheikh Abdullah: "Michael Is A Dear Friend"

Here´s the link: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article3264240.ece

"... Jackson eventually became enough of a royal pain to prompt Sheikh Abdullah to sue him in the High Court in London, alleging that Jackson moonwalked right out the door to Japan and Ireland, breaching their contract, a case that is still ongoing. “All I will say is that Michael is a dear friend,” says Sheikh Abdullah. “It is a business problem. It is not personal. But let me tell you: Michael is not at all weird or bizarre. He is one of the most down-to-earth, sweetest guys I’ve ever met.”

For all you know Michael could have asked him... lets not make assumptions based on thin air. Sure Michael was getting over the trial, but he's still an adult who when signing a contract is still obliged to see his end through, or not sign it at all. I just dont like when some fans go off in a tangent and pull stuff out of the air when Michael looks less than holy.
You have obviously never experienced trauma or understand its impact. I often disagree with Datsy but have to agree with her on this. I do not necessarily believe the prince 'trapped' Michael in any diabolical ploy however. We just don't know about that.

I have to say it REALLY bothered me when suddenly Michael's new lawyers were the prince's lawyers.

Michael was in no fit state to be signing any contract. The Prince should have known better. Would he have given MJ a gun if he asked him for it. MJ was very ill, he could barely walk out if that court room, he ended up in hospital. T-Mez said he nearly died. Within weeks MJ was signing contract for 3 albums? MJ couldn't even think straight. He was still fighting his ex wife over custody of his children and didn't know whether he was going to be sued by the arviros, what contract was he ready to sign? How was he suppose to sing happy songs to heal the world when he himself needed healing? Have a heart, please.

Forgive me for not jumping on the MJ Defence Force bandwagon in this instance. The article itself isn't negative and yet we still wanna bash the Sheikh. In the end you, or I do not know what went on in this matter so telling me to have a heart seems to be trying too hard to prove you mean well with this issue more than I am. I just see it neutrally and I try not to jump on MJ's side because I'm a fan before I know exactly what happened.

well either way i like how he says mj is the most don to earth man lol
besiders nobody but michael and the sjeik knows what happens between them in business and as friends so who are we to judge this

Last edited:
Nvm.....................................
The article sounds like the recycling of Friedmans ols one. Funny how no one has reported on that case here in Britain, yet the Prince suing MJ would have been a massive story here. Also had MJ lost it would have been on all the front pages aroung the world. What happened to that case?:)

i m glad it didnt turn up everywhere cause this is simploy something that only concerns michael and the sjeik
and other then that he still calls michael his friend a dear friend even and most down to earth sweet man
thin thats says it all

some fans will defend Michael and attack others with whatever it is.. If MJ is in the right or not..

I highly doubt Sheikh Abdullah 'trapped' him into anything..

Sheikh Abdullah is a billionair.. He has not reason to TRAP Michael Jackson into anything.

Michael wanted to make music, Sheikh was able to provide everything MJ needed... A place for rest away from the public eye, connections, business propostions.. etc.

Michael decided to go a different route, he did not want to do 2Seas, and go down that rout, so he backed out of it.. It's that simple.. But when it comes to CONTRACTS it's not that simple.

The contract, (if memorie serves me right) had to do with a new MJ album, a new MJ autobiography, and some other things..

It's not a big deal though.. I doubt Sheikh Abdullah would hunt MJ down for a $$$$, he has MORE than enough.

I don't think he should have made any type of public statement though, bringing attention to the situation.. That to me was wrong.

Last edited:
Michael was in no fit state to be signing any contract. The Prince should have known better. Would he have given MJ a gun if he asked him for it. MJ was very ill, he could barely walk out if that court room, he ended up in hospital. T-Mez said he nearly died. Within weeks MJ was signing contract for 3 albums? MJ couldn't even think straight. He was still fighting his ex wife over custody of his children and didn't know whether he was going to be sued by the arviros, what contract was he ready to sign? How was he suppose to sing happy songs to heal the world when he himself needed healing? Have a heart, please.

well lets not exaggerate. obviously michael went thru the hardest time of his life and the last 2-3 months of the trial he was exhausted and weak by the lack of sleep and eating and by the great amount of stress he was under. he went to the hospital cuz he hurt his back and he was suffering from back pain for over a month and the 2nd time he went cuz he got the flu.
michael became extremely exhausted throughout the trial and by the end of it he was looking frail and pale and he had lost so much weight cuz he was not eating and sleeping well due to the stress he was under. the trial was all about stress and psychological pain. some of us nearly died as well. his physical condition was pretty bad but his health wasnt damaged. all he needed was rest, food and peace of mind.
i agree that michael couldnt think straight cuz he had just got thru a great psychological trauma and ordeal and prince should had just given him his space instead of pushing him to sign a record deal. i'm glad michael bailed out as well and i'm glad his back in the US having record deals with real companies and being around the real music world again ;)

Forgive me for not jumping on the MJ Defence Force bandwagon in this instance. The article itself isn't negative and yet we still wanna bash the Sheikh. In the end you, or I do not know what went on in this matter so telling me to have a heart seems to be trying too hard to prove you mean well with this issue more than I am. I just see it neutrally and I try not to jump on MJ's side because I'm a fan before I know exactly what happened.
I am not having a battle with you. I am just stating my opnion just like you. You addressed me and I responded, there is no need for personals, it is not that eserious.
I am not intimidated by people telling me about bandwagons. Where I see truth, I defend truth. If you know some one is sick and is undergoing stress or trama you do not get him to sign business contract, cause he may not be well enough to complete it.
All MJ needs is a medical doctor to show that he was not in any fit state to sign a contract and that he went there to recover from trama and the Prince will lose this case. I bet that is what happened and that is why we haven't heard about.:)

It seems to me that Michael had signed the contract. And then things might have gone sour awhile later just as everything was ready to go. And Michael left. Now the Prince is suing to get Michael to come back and finish the job even though he apparently bears Michael no ill will. But I remember that there were two different stories flying around at the time as to what happened here. And niether one of them made sense to me. ON EDIT: Michael might have had good reasons for backing out. So I'm not going to jump on either side here. At least the Prince is cool with Michael. Something might have happened that nobody but them is privy to.

Last edited:
It seems to me that Michael had signed the contract. And then things might have gone sour awhile later just as everything was ready to go. And Michael left. Now the Prince is suing to get Michael to come back and finish the job even though he apparently bears Michael no ill will. But I remember that there were two different stories flying around at the time as to what happened here. And niether one of them made sense to me. But if the Prince really tried to trap Michael into this in the first place, then there is a serious problem IMO.
The problem I am having with this story is that no newspaper have reported it except Friedman. Up until now I have heard nothing in a british paprer, yet thatr would have been a massive story. If MJ lost the case it would even been bigger. Either way, If MJ can show that he was unwell and in no shape to honour a contract, that could be regrded by the courts as null and void.

Actually none of us know exactly what was going on, so we cant judge...thats all im sayin.
so stop dissin the sheikh, what he said is real cool.
whos friedman btw?

Last edited:
Here´s the link: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article3264240.ece

"... Jackson eventually became enough of a royal pain to prompt Sheikh Abdullah to sue him in the High Court in London, alleging that Jackson moonwalked right out the door to Japan and Ireland, breaching their contract, a case that is still ongoing. “All I will say is that Michael is a dear friend,” says Sheikh Abdullah. “It is a business problem. It is not personal. But let me tell you: Michael is not at all weird or bizarre. He is one of the most down-to-earth, sweetest guys I’ve ever met.”
oOOOH mY GoD ! hE IS sUIng him because of one moonwalking ha

oOOOH mY GoD ! hE IS sUIng him because of one moonwalking ha
I don't think he will win. MJ has a strong defence, alll he needs to prove is that he went there to recuperate after a tramatic experoience and he was ill. MJ did not travel there to do business, he went to get well. The sheik will have a difficut time with this case, esp if there is a jury. :)

Last edited:
Well, the media (including Roger Friedman, all of the mainstream tabloids, and countless other outlets that ran with the stories) tried their damnedest to cause serious disarray between the prince and Michael while Michael was still in Bahrain, constantly creating lies and allegations ranging from "Michael is taking advantage of and leeching off of the prince" to "Michael is trafficking drugs to and from Bahrain." Some "reporters" wanted something bad to happen at any cost. So, the fact that the prince and Michael are still friends at least means that none of the lies in attempt of breaking them up worked.

I do not know enough about the case to comment on it in any substantive manner. I just hope that it gets resolved sooner-than-later.

good quote. if only more people can read this.

no. that's Prince Azim of Brunei.

Hmm...actually, I dont like it. "Michael, you're a dear friend, but I'm sueing your a$$....." sounds a bit strange to me :lol:

Has it been OFFICAL that he's sueing him??? Or was it him stating that Michael broke his contract, and he is ABLE to sue???

we should be SURE of what we are talking about first.. where is the original info??

Well, the media (including Roger Friedman, all of the mainstream tabloids, and countless other outlets that ran with the stories) tried their damnedest to cause serious disarray between the prince and Michael while Michael was still in Bahrain, constantly creating lies and allegations ranging from "Michael is taking advantage of and leeching off of the prince" to "Michael is trafficking drugs to and from Bahrain." Some "reporters" wanted something bad to happen at any cost. So, the fact that the prince and Michael are still friends at least means that none of the lies in attempt of breaking them up worked.

I do not know enough about the case to comment on it in any substantive manner. I just hope that it gets resolved sooner-than-later.

i remember that. fucking sickening :puke: why are they so evil God :( i'm sick and tired of media and their horrible lies. making up such horrible stories such drugs and stuff :no: :puke:
simply because is the only entertainer whos on the top and never done drugs and ish
he's always been the best example to everyone and that annoys the crap outta them
that hes never been addicted to drugs and alcohol like whitney and other top artists
fucking assholes

Here is the ORIGINAL info:

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm glad michael bailed out as well and i'm glad his back in the US having record deals with real companies and being around the real music world again ;)

2 seas is a real company and the they got the realest music in the mid-east 2. ;)lol
plus the US doesnt have much of real music no more. *cough will-i-am/britney spears-justin etctec cough*

lol. seriously, who is he?:unsure:

-

just to add>
ppl, u wouldnt know what happened exactly, so dont say things youre not sure about. who knows? maybe mj wanted to sign a deal to just quickly move on from everythin that happened...so, none of us know anything, unless someone here talked to michael jackson or the sheikh personally about it;)

Last edited:
i remember that. fucking sickening :puke: why are they so evil God :( i'm sick and tired of media and their horrible lies. making up such horrible stories such drugs and stuff :no: :puke:
simply because is the only entertainer whos on the top and never done drugs and ish
he's always been the best example to everyone and that annoys the crap outta them
that hes never been addicted to drugs and alcohol like whitney and other top artists
fucking assholes
The bas..rds were doing it to try and provoke a backlash in the arab world. MJ was in a muslim country where drug trafikking was a serious offence. I was very afraid for MJ cause I was worried that some devilish tabloid might pay someone to set him up in a country where you could get death penalty for drug trafiking. That is enough to show you how evil the media is towards MJ that they should even suggest a thing like this. I couldn't hate them any more. I also thank the sheik for lookng after MJ,but he shouldn't have signed a contract with him until he was completely recovered and had all his lawyers with him:)

Last edited:
Back