Sheikh Abdullah: "Michael Is A Dear Friend"

Re: AW: Re: Sheikh Abdullah: "Michael Is A Dear Friend"

Yes, we saw how good that worked when Marcel Avram took him to court for another lighthearted promise which Michael eventually backed out! Michael's responses where "I don't know!" and "I don't remember" and the result was that Avram won!
Good timing Patrick, as usual.:D

Pls don't post Roger Friedman's articles in this forum. He is banned. Those articles have been removed.

Also, pls discuss this respectfully. Infractions will have to be given if this goes on.

Thanks.

AW: Re: Sheikh Abdullah: "Michael Is A Dear Friend"

true. alsong as it doesnt stop him releasing/signing to other labels is all that matters to me. that could be an issue
Well, exactly that could be the reason why Michael (and also Bain) said a while ago that he won't release an album but a couple of singles! What if this prince issue prevents him from releasing new albums with another label??

Last edited:
Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Sheikh Abdullah: "Michael Is A Dear Friend"

Well, I have to keep my trackrecord... don't I!? :p
:lol::lol: It's all good, nothing personal.:D
The nature of MJ's work means that a lot of people will approach him with plans and scheme and many of these offers are dodgy. MJ may later seek advice and is told to break the contract. Sometimes a contract may be worth breaking if in the long run it is better for you. I think MJ signing a contract to make 3 albums and write an autobiograpy was a lousy contract. What if MJ was in no way ready to speak about his troubles? Breaking the contract may have been a better option for him. You would doubt that the contract he signed with Martin Bashire was lousy abnd he might have saved himself a lot of bother had he broken that contract. He most definately would not have ended up signing a lousy contract with the sheik when he was unwell and unfit mentally to do so.

Last edited:
Has it been OFFICAL that he's sueing him??? Or was it him stating that Michael broke his contract, and he is ABLE to sue???

we should be SURE of what we are talking about first.. where is the original info??

there was no proof that I saw (RF does not count)....and I am sure the UK tabs would have gotten a whole of it .. if it exsist...

but... as another poster said.. let's look to the future.. if the Prince don't have harsh feels against Mike.. lets move on...

Last edited:
Thanks for posting, it's good to hear that they're still good friends. :)

AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Sheikh Abdullah: "Michael Is A Dear Friend"

:lol::lol: It's all good, nothing personal.:D
The nature of MJ's work means that a lot of people will approach him with plans and scheme and many of these offers are dodgy. MJ may later seek advice and is told to break the contract. Sometimes a contract may be worth breaking if in the long run it is better for you. I think MJ signing a contract to make 3 albums and write an autobiograpy was a lousy contract. What if MJ was in no way ready to speak about his troubles? Breaking the contract may have been a better option for him. You would doubt that the contract he signed with Martin Bashire was lousy abnd he might have saved himself a lot of bother had he broken that contract. He most definately would not have ended up signing a lousy contract with the sheik when he was unwell and unfit mentally to do so.

Sorry, but only an idiot signs a contract to later check with the lawyer to see if the contract is correct!

And if he is unwell and unfit mentally, as you assume, then he should say so and tell the prince that he can't commit to anything as of now!

These are only cheap and stupid excuses and nothing more! If Michael did sign anything, without ever having the intention to follow through and without ever checking whether the contracts were right, then Michael is the only one to blame! Not the prince!

Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Sheikh Abdullah: "Michael Is A Dear Friend"

These are only cheap and stupid excuses and nothing more! If Michael did sign anything, without ever having the intention to follow through and without ever checking whether the contracts were right, then Michael is the only one to blame! Not the prince!
Like Father, Like Son :lol:

Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Sheikh Abdullah: "Michael Is A Dear Friend"

Sorry, but only an idiot signs a contract to later check with the lawyer to see if the contract is correct!

And if he is unwell and unfit mentally, as you assume, then he should say so and tell the prince that he can't commit to anything as of now!

And your life experience is..................................?

Always amazed how some fans immediately and willingly assume it is MJ's fault. That he backed out of a plan without knowing anything about the situation whatsoever. And those that are suing MJ are all good and correct. Yeah right??!! You don't know one way or the other what happened so DON'T assume it is MJ's fault straight off the bat either.

Well, MJ has a HISTORY of backing out of contracts, it's not as if this would be a single occasion. If it happens once or twice due to whatever circumstances, it may be excusable, but with MJ it has become a habit. Sorry, but if this happened to you or me or any ordinary person, they'd be in deep s**t, but because it's MJ, who never makes mistakes, there is a natural and plausible excuse for everything.

:wacko:

Contract is contract and everyone signing a contract has to fulfill it, otherwise they will be sued. It's just fair that these rules are the same for everyone.

Last edited:
royals being wannabe celebrities is what i find tacky out of all of this. same ole crap. thats probably stopping him from releasing anything. role on 5 years time when this might be over

Are we sure that he realliy is suing him then? I mean it is strange that there has been so little publicity about it. AP for example would normally have written something about it within a couple of days in my opinion.

uk courts arent like the usa were everything is open for entertainment purposes.so i wouldnt take anything from it not being reported about

Well, MJ has a HISTORY of backing out of contracts, it's not as if this would be a single occasion. If it happens once or twice due to whatever circumstances, it may be excusable, but with MJ it has become a habit. Sorry, but if this happened to you or me or any ordinary person, they'd be in deep s**t, but because it's MJ, who never makes mistakes, there is a natural and plausible excuse for everything.

:wacko:

Contract is contract and everyone signing a contract has to fulfill it, otherwise they will be sued. It's just fair that these rules are the same for everyone.

do u have any idea what michael had been through before he went to bahrain ?
its quite obvious that prince abdulla took advantage of michael's vulnerability and weakness.
poor michael had just been through hell and back :(

Last edited:
its funny how the contracts Michael did fullfill for the last 40years..are never mentioned ...

let's see.. he has done/completed how many tours or contracts since he was 6 years old??? including the long one under Sony.. and folks just keep harping on the 2 of Avram and 'supposed' one by the Sheik.. which the British tabloids did not headline.. even-though the suit was supposed filed in the UK.. ummm??

if the Sheik said.. "he is a dear friend".. its time to move on...from this subject....

Feb 2008 marks a milestone in the "comeback" of Michael.... save your engery..get your recorders ready..pay your cable/satellite bills...and start calling your local radio stations to make request ...

ITS TIME!!

its funny how the contracts Michael did fullfill for the last 40years..are never mentioned ...

let's see.. he has done/completed how many tours or contracts since he was 6 years old??? including the long one under Sony.. and folks just keep harping on the 2 of Avram and 'supposed' one by the Sheik..

very true..............

uk courts arent like the usa were everything is open for entertainment purposes.so i wouldnt take anything from it not being reported about

true Uk courts are dif.. but I still find it hard to believe that UK tabloid did not get the scoop about the suit.. and only RF did...ummm??

its just strange.. anyways...

who is uploading the Superbowl commercial tonight???

TCSM.. ???

its just strange.. anyways...

yeah i do agree. but the times brought it up so they knew about it. maybe they just havnt cared to report it?

well u are both as bad as easch other so dont be claiming the moral highground. u would expect others to give someone they support the benifit of the doubt. innocent till provern gulity thing applies with many things. you would expect ppl to presume the person they support is in the right until evidence is shown to prove the opposite.

Always amazed how some fans immediately and willingly assume it is MJ's fault.
.....and I'm always amazed at how some fans immediately and willingly assume it's NOT his fault :rolleyes:
Exactly!!!
well u are both as bad as each other so don't be claiming the moral highground. u would expect others to give someone they support the benefit of the doubt. innocent till proven guilty thing applies with many things. you would expect ppl to presume the person they support is in the right until evidence is shown to prove the opposite.
Only, in this case, there is some proof that MJ has (again) gone against contract obligations.

So yeah, as much as I support the guy, I'll still believe he's in the wrong here. And if this does go to court, mark my words; "He won't win!" (unless he settles) :)

Last edited:
AW: Sheikh Abdullah: "Michael Is A Dear Friend"

No, we're not! I do not know if that prince is legit, but I certainly don't come here automatically assuming that Michael is right and that the prince is wrong... especially considering things like this have happened before... Michael promising things, which he never really had the intention to follow through, things which never came to fruition!

And I always thought this prince won't host Michael for over a year purely for fun... I always knew that he wants something in return! In april of '06 there was this 2Seas press conference... so Michael did promise him something... and that was almost a year after the trial! So the being under stress from the trial thing is no excuse! And like someone said, contracts are contracts... even for Michael Jackson... and no court will care about Michael's trial!

And just because I like someone, I don't have to blindly follow and believe everything that person says! People do make mistakes... and as the last couple of years have shown, even Michael makes mistakes!

And frankly, I'm sick and tired of people, who excuse everything and always put the blame on others! If there would be less yes-sayers and enablers and more people, who would care to give their real opinion, pro and contra, instead of the kissing his butt 24/7, he probably wouldn't have gotten into as much **** as he did in the last 10 or so years!

I will wait until we know more facts about what actually happend.

Last edited:
Hmm...actually, I dont like it. "Michael, you're a dear friend, but I'm sueing your a$$....." sounds a bit strange to me :lol:
if you just read certain part of it, then it's good. :)
I assume he's just pissed off that Michael left without saying a word and he can't get through to him? he's a billionaire, money is not an issue for him, Michael breaking a contract isn't causing him a big lost anyway. so i assume he just wants Michael to fulfil what he's agreed to do or else to see what's the consequence of not fulfiling it. most businessman are cruel like that.
and the prince trying to get him into deals when he's not in a fit state(after the ordeal) shows a lack of empathy and understanding.

ermm..seems like there's one poster who post only when there's something to do with Michael's financial situation or legal issues. strange. :)

And frankly, I'm sick and tired of people, who excuse everything and always put the blame on others! If there would be less yes-sayers and enablers and more people, who would care to give their real opinion, pro and contra, instead of the kissing his butt 24/7, he probably wouldn't have gotten into as much **** as he did in the last 10 or so years!
Agree with you. it's the yes people around him that got him into trouble most of the time.
i really think he's not good at judging who's genuine to him and who's not.

Last edited:
If we are to believe any of this is true, then I believe Michael saw this coming. The sheik's suit is allegedly $7M, but MJ with good lawyers this could whittle down to half or in the neighbour hood of 20-40%
or la Avram. And remember
Michael is a businessman too. Sacrifice 2 seas for T-25 and a brand new studio album. Take your pick.

Last edited:
Back