Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary- DVD / Blu Ray [available on iTunes Nov 19]

They *COULD* include the iTunes Extras like they did for This is It. Won't happen, but it would be awesome. I wonder what they're saving all this footage for!?!

question. is it still dificult to buy the blu-ray disc version? did someone allready received a copy?
in my opinion 18,99 euro is too much for this. but now after all these complications i'm thinking about to buy a copy. the wait have to be over. ^^

question. is it still dificult to buy the blu-ray disc version? did someone allready received a copy?
in my opinion 18,99 euro is too much for this. but now after all these complications i'm thinking about to buy a copy. the wait have to be over. ^^

I imagine they're saving it for 'the making of bad' which is confirmed to have been shot on film by a member of Michael's team, or at least i hope they are anyway.

To answer what i quoted, i still haven't received my Blu-Ray copy. i ordered it mid october, dissapointed about it..

HIStoric;3927116 said:
They just posted on Facebook it'll be coming out on iTunes... told ya :D

"‘That's what this documentary is about – it's gonna have people return to focusing on the music, his art, which I feel is his legacy' – Spike Lee
Bad25 directed by Spike Lee will be available for download on iTunes on November 19!"
[Source]

YES!!! Finally! FIN-AL-LY!

I want to see those full studio recordings so bad.. Him in the studio is so magical! just watching the clips we saw I played on repeat so often..

I imagine they're saving it for 'the making of bad' which is confirmed to have been shot on film by a member of Michael's team, or at least i hope they are anyway.

To answer what i quoted, i still haven't received my Blu-Ray copy. i ordered it mid october, dissapointed about it..

Wait, you're expecting a Making Of Bad to come out? You're going to be waiting a long time for something that's never happening.

Bad 25 doc was it.

Wait, you're expecting a Making Of Bad to come out? You're going to be waiting a long time for something that's never happening.

Bad 25 doc was it.

Yeah, didn't they spend the first 40 minutes on Bad anyway ? That's probably all you're gonna get. They go into immense detail anyway :)

Immense detail? Hmmm.

Well I thought it was quite decent when I watched it. They talked with the director and had interviews with many of the people who had worked on it (be it archival or newly shot footage), they showed us deleted scenes and an alternative endings alongside raw footage and behind the scenes. They spent 40 minutes talking about an 18 minute short film, that's pretty good. I'm sure they could've covered more other things as well but I think we got it pretty good when it came to 'Bad' on Bad 25.

Well I thought it was quite decent when I watched it. They talked with the director and had interviews with many of the people who had worked on it (be it archival or newly shot footage), they showed us deleted scenes and an alternative endings alongside raw footage and behind the scenes. They spent 40 minutes talking about an 18 minute short film, that's pretty good. I'm sure they could've covered more other things as well but I think we got it pretty good when it came to 'Bad' on Bad 25.

Oh the Bad video in particular? Yes, there was a lot of detail on that.

Oh the Bad video in particular? Yes, there was a lot of detail on that.

If you thought I was referencing the other songs, then yeah I think they could've definitely spent a bit more time on each of them.

They could easily do a 2 hour documentary on any subject from the Bad era (bad tour, any of the music videos, etc etc etc), but Spike had to fit as much as he could and tell a story in 2 hours.

I would have wanted more on the Leave Me Alone and Speed Demon videos, but the gist of it was there, I guess.
Also, they only used studio footage for the 2 songs that there were no music videos for. Otherwise, there probably would have been more (if they actually filmed other songs. I'm sure not every session was filmed).

Yeah! They even aired it on other countries.
Though, in the case of like Germany, the TV station itself probably took care of the dubbing and subtitles.

Still, strange they didn't do any.

It's out on iTunes now ! It's available in HD with no iTunes Extras (it's seems cheaper to get it on iTunes in HD than to get it on DVD actually).

Last edited:
Its available now in the US iTunes store. So I guess I can only buy it from there. Indian iTunes store is always a bit limited in its collection...

It's not the tv edited version right? I still haven't seen the whole thing. I saw it on my iTunes now and want to get it.

It's not the tv edited version right? I still haven't seen the whole thing. I saw it on my iTunes now and want to get it.

It's the full version :)

Interesting... I just noticed that the iTunes store page also says it has subtitles in Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish ^_^

I got it on iTunes and then it would not go on my ipod. I realized I got the HD version and had to get it again but luckily didn't have to pay again. I am still learning lol.

I was watching it and I just love it. It's like a history lesson and I hope many people will see it. I am still hoping to get it on dvd someday.

I got it on iTunes and then it would not go on my ipod. I realized I got the HD version and had to get it again but luckily didn't have to pay again. I am still learning lol.

I was watching it and I just love it. It's like a history lesson and I hope many people will see it. I am still hoping to get it on dvd someday.

Can you confirm if there are subtitles in other languages (Italian maybe), please? I've just read in a French forum that the iTunes version features subtitles only in English :scratch:

Can you confirm if there are subtitles in other languages (Italian maybe), please? I've just read in a French forum that the iTunes version features subtitles only in English :scratch:

Go to the iTunes Store page for the movie and scroll down a bit to where it gives you all the detail about the length, file size, etc. Scroll down a bit more and it should tell you the language of the film and if there are any subtitles.

Anyways, I checked earlier today and it has subtitles in Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish. Surprisingly not English :p

Can someone please tell me why it is rated MA15+ on the iTunes store. I am legit confused o_O

Well, the f word is used a few times and there is a small amount of violence (like in the Smooth Criminal segment)... but I can't really see why this merits an MA15+ rating. Should be PG instead haha.

Yeah, I checked the iTunes store page and it seems to have subtitles like you said, but some French fans downloaded it yesterday and were disappointed because they find no subtitles at all. I’m a little confused…

cristimjj;3931892 said:
Yeah, I checked the iTunes store page and it seems to have subtitles like you said, but some French fans downloaded it yesterday and were disappointed because they find no subtitles at all. I’m a little confused…

Odd. If your iTunes store page says it has subtitles, you should definitely get them if you choose to download Bad 25.

Last edited:
Odd to say the least... that's why I'd like to have confirmation from someone who has downloaded the documentary from iTunes before pay for something that is not what I expect to have.

I went back and checked and at the bottom it said English primary language and the subtitles were Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.

Back