Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary- DVD / Blu Ray [available on iTunes Nov 19]

Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary- Released July 2013 - Full 2 hours DVD / Blu Ray

Why? To lose money?
They underestimated the demand in online store. As a result, I waited for three weeks. No big deal, IMO. On the other hand, if they decide to go with the shops, they probably overestimate the demand. The documentaries normally do not do well in sales.
This documentary is for fans.

Maybe not only fans, because when customers placed orders they could not keep up with the stock, so they told me.

Spike Lee also has a lot of fans and collectors. They also only could order via the myplaydirect store.

Bad 25 documentary is a huge success.

Re: Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary- Released July 2013 - Full 2 hours DVD / Blu Ray

I was going to get my today at the MJ One shop in Las Vegas but, they only had it on DVD not on Blu Ray. They were selling pretty quickly almost everyone that was purchasing something at the shop, had a BAD 25 documentary in there hand so I know it's selling pretty good

Re: Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary- Released July 2013 - Full 2 hours DVD / Blu Ray

Maybe not only fans, because when customers placed orders they could not keep up with the stock, so they told me.

Spike Lee also has a lot of fans and collectors. They also only could order via the myplaydirect store.

Bad 25 documentary is a huge success.

Is it?? - Do we have any sales numbers or anything? Has it sold 100.000 copies world-wide? 1 million? how many. Does anyone know??

It's still weird that it's not even on iTunes yet

How can they expect it to do well when it's only on the official website. It needs to be in shops so it is readily available for the people who missed it, and they may just see it and think "Oh, I bet that's a good watch!" so it wouldn't lose any money. It would do better.

I really can't understand why it's not put on sale in stores, or at the very least on Amazon. Yes, these type of documentaries are usually not huge sellers, but they are still getting released. You have all kind of documentaries about other artists on Amazon and I guarantee you that a lot of them are not huge sellers, but they are still released and they are still available for a wider audience on Amazon or even in stores. And if something is in stores it might be bought even by people who otherwise would not seek it out online. But if they see it on the shelf they might buy it. Something is really wrong with Sony's distribution and marketing when it comes to MJ.

I had problems to buy the DVD too, but now everything is solved and I'm already have my copy

I really can't understand why it's not put on sale in stores, or at the very least on Amazon. Yes, these type of documentaries are usually not huge sellers, but they are still getting released. You have all kind of documentaries about other artists on Amazon and I guarantee you that a lot of them are not huge sellers, but they are still released and they are still available for a wider audience on Amazon or even in stores. And if something is in stores it might be bought even by people who otherwise would not seek it out online. But if they see it on the shelf they might buy it. Something is really wrong with Sony's distribution and marketing when it comes to MJ.

I have said this before, i fear of the mentality that they have when it comes to MJ. Everything must be a gargantuan success and generate alot of $ to be made worthwhile.

how many people visits Michaeljackson.com ( I don't mean fans) But if they sell in stores, online stores - they can sell more than michael jackson's web site... I really don't understand. This is the most stupid selling politic...

If they sell I'll buy, if dont; I'll not.

I'm so confused I'm starting to think of any possible backlash going on behind the scenes.
Did Spike comment on anything distribution-related?

I have said this before, i fear of the mentality that they have when it comes to MJ. Everything must be a gargantuan success and generate alot of $ to be made worthwhile.
Well said. Too much of anything will do you bad. In this case, too much of expectation & greed. Plus, it's like, they're treating his fan base like some cult following rather than an extensive group of customers. They don't seem to bother to reach more people.

Still waitin for my copy to arrive.

some days ago I got this email from MJJShop, though I've already got my DVD and blu-ray:

To All Customers:

As previously announced, due to technical problems, all pending/processing orders will be subjected to a dispatching delay. Moreover, all e-mails sent to the shop will be answered starting September.

Thanks for your patience.

Team MJJSHOP

This means - IMO - they will not ship before September....

some days ago I got this email from MJJShop, though I've already got my DVD and blu-ray:

To All Customers:

As previously announced, due to technical problems, all pending/processing orders will be subjected to a dispatching delay. Moreover, all e-mails sent to the shop will be answered starting September.

Team MJJSHOP

Mine is already shipped!

Got mine on Friday - watched it today...Thanks Spike !!

tumblr_m9hllaL6Rq1rw22avo1_500.gif

Mine is already shipped!

So it looks like you can only sit and wait.

Mine lastet nearly three weeks, some waited even longer.

It's a bad thing we cannot buy this docu in stores. I wonder who made this decision and for what reason.

Spike Lee BAD 25 Documentary- Released July 2013 - Full 2 hours DVD / Blu Ray

So it looks like you can only sit and wait.

Mine lastet nearly three weeks, some waited even longer.

It's a bad thing we cannot buy this docu in stores. I wonder who made this decision and for what reason.

Agree, it's doing better than expected, according to them. They said so by mail.

Two things I cant understand... Why they didn't put it in stores? And why this doesn't have subtitles? This is absurd!! Michael doesn't have fans only in the US! But even then, I'll try to buy it, since I didn't watch the full version yet....

They want us to download from internet...

^^ Yeah... I think so.

Every movie ripping by someone, at the end one guy will rip this too... I can wait. But I'll not give my money to Sony/myplaydirect.com. I already said to them; "I'll not buy from you, I'll download.. Don't judge me, this is your fault. You did take my money but didn't send my BluRay" Until I see it on amazon.com /co.uk.

someone said here that its cheaper this way than to ship it to the stores. and this blu ray, also my opinion, is mostly only known by fans. so i also think, to earn more money with it, to do it this way.
i would also buy it, but did not yet. i will wait, maybe its on ebay or someone else.

Every movie ripping by someone, at the end one guy will rip this too... I can wait. But I'll not give my money to Sony/myplaydirect.com. I already said to them; "I'll not buy from you, I'll download.. Don't judge me, this is your fault. You did take my money but didn't send my BluRay" Until I see it on amazon.com /co.uk.

DJ Your account is never charged until the item is shipped out to you. Was your item shipped from USA to your country. (That can take weeks depending on the mails system as it travels to your country. That is outside of their control once they ship it. What happened in the case of IMWhizzle and others is their shipment is delayed because the item sold out and myplaydirect are waiting on new shipments to come in. I do agree its aggravating to have to wait and you certainly have the right to not want to wait. but Some fans are willing to wait because they want the official blu ray and becuase they are not losing any money or charged any money unless the item is shipped to them. I don't think Estate/Sony realized how popular this item would be, probably based that on low sales of BAD25. Had they know, they may have placed it in stores. I do agree its aggravating to have to wait.

No, they waited me 15 days and not shipped. I mean they didn't ship it in 15 days. At last I had to cancel order.

Once I bought a DVD from amazon.com, 12 days later I did receive. But broken. I wrote to them, they did send me another!?!? I said what will this one that I have. You can keep it too, no need to send us again.

But these guys, I did write 5-6 times in 15 days, they just said "wait, wait, wait, we'll ship. There is a problem bla bla bla... "

So what is the problem!?

I couldn't learn what was the problem...

And the other thing; when I bought Vision DVD from their site, after 10 days, I found in my country and was more cheaper than they sell...

How amazon can ship orders (they sell everthing, much more products than these guys ) 1 day later, these guys can't... So, if you can't do this, give it to amazon etc. and we can buy from there.

If you say "no just we will sell it" than make it right... Don't make us (MJ fans) angry...

Last edited:

No, they waited me 15 days and not shipped. I mean they didn't ship it in 15 days. At last I had to cancel order.

Once I bought a DVD from amazon.com, 12 days later I did receive. But broken. I wrote to them, they did send me another!?!? I said what will this one that I have. You can keep it too, no need to send us again.

But these guys, I did write 5-6 times in 15 days, they just said "wait, wait, wait, we'll ship. There is a problem bla bla bla... "

So what is the problem!?

I couldn't learn what was the problem...

And the other thing; when I bought Vision DVD from their site, after 10 days, I found in my country and was more cheaper than they sell...

How amazon can ship orders (they sell everthing, much more products than these guys ) 1 day later, these guys can't... So, if you can't do this, give it to amazon etc. and we can buy from there.

If you say "no just we will sell it" than make it right... Don't make us (MJ fans) angry...

Easy man. Lately your posts are very depressing. Take five and come back.

We understand how you feel, but it's not the end of the world. You can achieve anything if you control your patience and anger.

Please don't take this as an attack. Didn't mean it that way.

If they said "we're sorry, we'll fix it" it's ok.

But they didn't. So they really deserve these words. I was very patient for 15 days...

I hope Mjonline Team reading this...

To All Customers:

Team MJJSHOP

MJJSHOP is not official Michael Jackson for sales of MJ merchandise or Spike Lee Doc. Orders for the Spike Lee Doc come from PLAYLIST not MJJSHOP... MJJSHOp was just sending a generic message to subscribers and it has nothing to do with this Documentary.

Back