Status hearings discussion thread / all threads merged

• Thread starter elusive moonwalker
  • Start date
Re: July 20, 2011 Hearing discussion

It makes me want to cry. Why did it happen to Michael? He was healthy, enjoying his life, getting ready to the big comeback. It's so unfair.

Seems the defence are playing silly buggers by not listing the details of the footage they want.either they want to call the pros bluff for aslong as possible or they dont even know what clips they want.cause theres nothing of use so are just listing any dates going.including footage of mj sitting down.which is so daming!

And no doubt want to twist footage of the press conference.which is way beyond the sub.no doubt they are gonna try to twist everything and anything

just a quick question.... Does Murray know the meaning of his request? i mean he requested a Speedy Trial... So far imo this is not speedy. Kinda glad that it isn't. I mean this could be a good thing it means they are getting every T crossed and every I dotted. Murray needs to pay for the pain he has put so many through. NOT ONLY the Jackson family but Michael's Extended Family and by that he means and i mean his Fans.

I am the only one who wishes we could see what the lawyers did? I love to watch Michael work.

I am the only one who wishes we could see what the lawyers did. I love to watch Michael work.
Me too!! I mean Dangerous and Rock With You!!! How I would love to see michael do those songs again!*faints*

Me too!! I mean Dangerous and Rock With You!!! How I would love to see michael do those songs again!*faints*

I love those songs and it had been a long time since we saw him sing them. I just wish we could see more.

did we expect Murrays team to find anything?. What really amazes me is that ok Michael may have had the flu or had a cold or even a headache on those days that are questionable. No one is perfect and Michael sure tried his best to be. When we are sick how do we look? We dont look our best do we? Maybe this was the case with Michael. He could have been healthy, the autopsy says he was healthy i dont see why we should disregard what that says?.... He was at a healthy weight for his age and height. Why should we focus on how his condition was? This is the problem right here...

1) he had a Dumbass for a doctor.
2) he (the doc) gave in to Michael's request knowing he wasn't licensed to give the drugs he did.
3) being a complete failure at CPR which is not complicated.
4) Failed to contact EMT's or Dial 3 simple numbers which if dialed at the proper time would result in Michael being with us.
5) Cleaned up a crime scene. Now anyone knows or anyone who watches Ncis,Csi or any other crime scene show knows that if you clean or tamper with evidence your ass is going to be put in the sling. TBH i wouldn't mind the people from Bones to come in and handle this. it would be a lot better to have Booth on the case.
6) Running from cops is never a good idea
7) Going into hiding after the event has taken place only adds to the guilt.
8) Having the Victims Children standing at the door or yelling for said victims children is never something good.
9) The doctor has admitted Giving this drug to Michael yet proclaims he did nothing wrong...

All the above plus a TON more is wrong. Why does he think he is going to get off when he has done so much wrong? The way his team is handling things makes me think they know hes wrong and they are doing everything they can to hand him over to the proper authorities without doing to much to help the dumbass.

Murray Trial -- Jury Shouldn't Watch Nancy Grace
53 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Flanagan pressed his claim for outtakes from the "This Is It" rehearsals -- something Sony doesn't want to cough up. Sources tell us ... Flanagan wants the outtakes to show there were periods where Michael Jackson appeared to be on drugs.

In a telling comment, Judge Pastor said, "This case is going to focus on the charge, not personal lifestyle."

http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/20/conra...nslaughter-trial-propofol-court-death-doctor/

edited to add: this comment reminds me of Anna Nicole case and how the judge said that Anna Nicole wasn't legally an addict. It seems like the judge wouldn't allow an addict claim - even a recreational drug addict claim about Michael - and keep this limited to propofol.

This judge has been doing OK so far. I want him to focus on the propofol. I hope that when they show the film that they insist which days are from when Murray began "doctoring" him, and which days he was being treated for cosmetic procedures. We do not want the jury to infer that Michael was on recreational drugs.

[Why does he think he is going to get off when he has done so much wrong?/QUOTE]

Because the media hates mj and murray thinks the media will help him get away with it.

I watched 1 Nancy Grace show - the day that Murray was charged with IVM. In that show she said that she still thought Michael was guilty of molestation and he might be an addict but she also went hard on Murray saying that he killed Michael, he didn't follow his medical oath and that he should be charged with murder.

some her her comments below

GRACE: They want real justice? Has anybody told them Conrad Murray is only charged with involuntary manslaughter? That is the lowest possible charge. In fact, in a lot of jurisdictions, you can get straight probation for involuntary manslaughter. Now, this is a doctor that by all accounts hooked Michael Jackson up to one of the most powerful sedatives that there is, Propofol, and left him unattended until he died. He lay there in his bed and died with an IV stuck up his arm.

Grace: Listen, this is what I`d always say when I would talk to a jury about a crime being an accident. Let`s just say, for instance, Was it an accident? You went there that day and you ignored, you disregarded every protocol you learned in medical school. Was it an accident you hooked him up? Was it an accident you left him there for hours upon hours while you chatted away with your girlfriend on the cell phone? Was that an accident? Was it an accident that you never checked on him? Was it an accident you waited until you call 911?

GRACE: This was his live-in doctor. He had seen Jackson`s body. He saw all those track marks on him. He knew the state of his health. Don`t tell me he didn`t know.

GRACE: Alex, Alex, Alex, I appreciate your reiteration as a historian. But I asked you about how this could possibly, in light of the facts, be an accident. ?

GRACE: I don`t think -- I don`t think pulling his license is enough. Of course, he wasn`t afraid to turn himself in. Why should he be? He`s looking square in the eyes of straight probation! I`m surprised he didn`t skip and dance into the courthouse!

GRACE: I don`t care because when he took his oath, the Hippocratic oath, he swore to administer medicine and the practice of medicine judiciously. And what did he do? He doped up Michael Jackson until he was a zombie...and let him die!

GRACE: So you`re telling me, Kevin Frazier, that the man who is now charged formally with killing Michael Jackson is also a deadbeat dad?

NANCY GRACE, HOST: $150,000 a month? To stand by and chat on the cell phone with a girlfriend while he let Michael Jackson die?

GRACE: A lot of people say it`s some sort of defense. Well, Michael Jackson begged for it. He wanted the drugs. He paid the doctor to administer him drugs. So what? If someone comes up to you and asks you to do something illegal, even offers to pay you $1 million or more a year, that doesn`t mean that makes it OK.

It seems grace gets a lot of her information about Michael from tabloids. Which track marks is she talking about? What research did she do to show Michael molested children? Did any one ask her this? I hope fans are not looking at her show for updates on the court case.

I have never heard bout track marks on michael's body.....have any of you guys?

^^He did not have track marks. What I remember was days after he died the media ran with the story that he had needle marks all over his body and cuts on his leg. No one did research. They claimed he was on drugs. They did not even mention that the bruising on his body was due to him being worked on by the medical crew. This is they type of nonsense that Nancy Grace is relying on.

^^He did not have track marks. What I remember was days after he died the media ran with the story that he had needle marks all over his body and cuts on his leg. No one did research. They claimed he was on drugs. They did not even mention that the bruising on his body was due to him being worked on by the medical crew. This is they type of nonsense that Nancy Grace is relying on.
yes ,,your whole post is right...nancy grace is an ass. i remember that story about the tack marks because I posted started a thread oh it showing a pic of him as proof that he didn't have track marks...
here have a look http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...ther-proof-that-Michael-was-not-using-needles.

Nancy Grace is a disgrace, cut and dry. so is Murray.

i truly believe Murray has more supporters in the media than it shows but they are not saying it straight out.

Nothing mentioned in the autopsy report of any 'track marks' - clearly it's blame the victim time again!

I have never heard bout track marks on michael's body.....have any of you guys?

NO! That was tabloid fantasy in the early days after his death. The needle-marks noted in the Autopsy Report were from EMTs rescue attempts.

I've never felt that his health at the end was RELEVANT, anyway. If he was ill, as the defense claims, then WHY did Murray, as his doctor, do NOTHING? If he was healthy, then WHY did Murray do such dangerous things to him? Either way, Murray was his doctor and in charge of his health. Either way, he was incompetent, or WORSE.

Whatever the defense expected to find on the video/film footage, they clearly didn't FIND it. I still think it's possible that Murray will plea-bargain. I can't see that the defense has any case, at all.

Defense

- wants 34 clips equaling to 4 hours
- want a clip from June 18 - Michael sitting next to Ortega and just observing.

- Both sides want clip from June 24 - Michael backstage with Ortega watching special effects for TII on a television.
- Sony argues that these "Michael sitting" isn't relevant for the subpoena because it asks for footage of "Michael rehearsing"

The details of what Murray's lawyers want isn't obvious as they don't provide the details and just list the tape numbers. But the footage they want is from June 15 , 16, 18, 19, 24. and a video from press conference.

Prosecution gives details by explaining what's happening
- June 16 , 17 : MJ rehearsal
- June 19 : MJ seated at table wearing a hat
- June 23 : starting something, jam, TDCAU, Human nature, smooth criminal, black or white, beat it, TWYMM, J5 medley, dangerous, rock with you, MJ on cherry picker, MJ providing notes
- June 24 : dangerous, thriller, earth song, we are the world,rock with you, kenny showing mj spider, mj rehearsing with spider, mj watching monitors with kenny
It never ceases to amaze me how far the deep end the defence is going for the fishing expedition. First they say they wanted the TII rehearsals footage and when they've got they say it's not useful. It's laugable they'd even say that after the fact!
The press conference video is not relevant and NOT within the confines of the subponea. TBH, this ought to be quashed.They only sub for footage from TII rehearsals and this is what they will get.

This judge has been doing OK so far. I want him to focus on the propofol. I hope that when they show the film that they insist which days are from when Murray began "doctoring" him, and which days he was being treated for cosmetic procedures. We do not want the jury to infer that Michael was on recreational drugs.
The judge says he's not interested in lifestyle innuendos but rather what relevant to the charges. The judge has to remind the jury that: - Involuntary manslaughter.

yes ,,your whole post is right...nancy grace is an ass. i remember that story about the tack marks because I posted started a thread oh it showing a pic of him as proof that he didn't have track marks...
here have a look http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...ther-proof-that-Michael-was-not-using-needles.

Thank you. We always have to keep the proof of things because the media is always convincing the public and some fans of nonsense.

They did not even mention that the bruising on his body was due to him being worked on by the medical crew.

Nothing mentioned in the autopsy report of any 'track marks' - clearly it's blame the victim time again!

The needle-marks noted in the Autopsy Report were from EMTs rescue attempts.

EXACTLY! In fact, "punctures and contusions" are listed under "evidence of therapy".

Hope the judge doesn't allow any lifestyle innuendos as he has already stated and sticks to facts related to the crime committed. And as many of you have said, even if defence had found any image of Michael not feeling well (anyone can feel tired at times - whether flu or whatever), that wouldn't prove anything at all, much less in Murray's favour!!!

july 25th hearing 0830pst

Any news reports in here please.off to work so appreciate if anyone can update

Re: july 25th hearing 0830pst

Judge allows sony motion to stop the 16hrs from being used.declaring non of the footage shows mj looked in ill health.update on a.p.not much more info at the min.if ppl cannot update more as im sat in my car about to walk into work.

I presume the footage that the pros were gonna show and the judged allowed in which started this whole thing off by the defence still stands

Final Jackson rehearsals won't be shown at trial

(AP) LOS ANGELES — A judge says unseen footage of Michael Jackson's final rehearsals cannot be shown to jurors in the upcoming trial of the doctor charged in his death.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor approved a motion by Sony Pictures quashing a subpoena for 16 hours of previously-unseen footage of Jackson's rehearsals for a series of comeback concerts. He said Monday that the images were valuable to the studio and did not show the singer in poor health as Dr. Conrad Murray's attorneys have contended.

Prosecutors had wanted to show several hours of footage to show that Jackson was engaged, confident and healthy in the days before his death on June 25, 2009.

Murray has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter. His trial is slated to begin Sept. 8.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/07/25/ap/entertainment/main20082994.shtml

Trial won't feature unreleased Jackson footage

By ANTHONY McCARTNEY, AP Entertainment Writer – 1 hour ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Jurors in the Michael Jackson manslaughter case will not watch previously unseen footage from the singer's final rehearsals to determine the state of his health before his death, a judge ruled Monday.

Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor agreed with the characterization of a defense attorney for Dr. Conrad Murray that more than 100 hours of rehearsal footage condensed into the film "This Is It" did not show the singer in poor health.

Pastor also agreed with attorneys for Sony Pictures Entertainment that the clips have significant value and should not be publicly shown without a good reason.

"There is absolutely nothing in those materials that could have been of assistance to the defense," Pastor said.

The judge reviewed several hours of the footage last week then canceled plans to travel to Sony Studios over the weekend to finish watching the rest of the film that attorneys wanted to use during the upcoming trial of Murray.

Sony filed a motion Friday citing comments by defense attorney J. Michael Flanagan calling the review of the footage a "big waste of time."

Murray's attorneys wanted to show jurors four hours of film, while prosecutors wanted to show up to 12 hours.

Deputy District Attorney David Walgren said the footage "demonstrated that Michael Jackson was optimistic, engaged, confident, physically well."

Pastor, who has ruled that snippets of the theatrical version of "This Is It" can be shown at trial, said it was unnecessary to show other clips.

"There are materials which I viewed which I would regard as extremely valuable to Sony," the judge said.
The footage could be used later for extended versions of "This Is It."

Pastor warned Flanagan about speaking publicly about the case, scolding the veteran attorney for discussing evidence during a radio interview that won't be presented to jurors.

Jury selection is scheduled to begin on Sept. 8.
Murray has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter.

Prosecutors accuse him of giving Jackson a lethal dose of the anesthetic propofol and other sedatives in the bedroom of his rented mansion days before he was scheduled to travel to London for a series of comeback concerts.

Defense attorneys have said Murray did not give Jackson anything that should have killed him.

Copyright © 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...V3jopw?docId=90419aef2db14f8cb382713517500050

Last edited:
Re: july 25th hearing 0830pst

I am confused. Can they still show clips from This is It that has been released and everyone has seen? I know this will sound greedy but I hope someday there is an extended version of this is it so we can see more of Michael. I have to say I am glad all that footage shows Michael was fine and not the way Murray and others want to portray Michael.

Back