Stop bashing jermaine!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't any of you (for those who have siblings) and even those who doesn't, gotten into a fight with your bro/sis/cousins/parents and said some really nasty things towards them? I know I have. My siblings have said some awful things to me too, but at the end of the day, no matter how much you dislike your siblings/cousins/parents, you will always have that unconditional love for them....95% of the time anyways. I think that whatever happened between Michael and Jermaine is between them two. Whatever Jermaine had said in Word to the Badd, that is their business. Sure it upset us fans, but just like my argument with my sis, I wouldn't want other people probing into it. My sister had told me that if I died, she wouldn't go to my funeral, and that I'm the worst sister ever, it hurt at the time but did I forgive and forget? Of course I did, why? cuz I love her. I'm pretty sure Michael loved Jermaine and Jermaine loved Michael. If Michael had to save somebody from a cliff, between you and Jermaine, I'm damn 100% that he would've chosen Jermaine. Sure, greed and fame can come in between two people who love each other dearly and if Jermaine's motives aren't pure, then karma will get him, and I'm not saying he is, but only time can tell.

For now, let's put all the speculations aside about Jermaine and just remind ourselves that like us, he lost somebody who he loved dearly, but even more so because they were brothers. Michael would've wanted it this way, he wouldn't have wanted us bashing on his brother, whatever the reasons are behind our anger, if there are any.

No, as a matter of fact, I don't know Jermaine. But the difference is that I am not saying anything positive or negative. I am defending simply anyone who is bashed without any tangible proof or reason. In this case it happens to be Michael's brother. And as far as I can see, set aside the Tribute concert, Jermaine has been trying to keep positive image about Michael lately. In return he is bashed by people who don't know him.

Even in this very thread, I am just appaled to see how people jump to conclusions as if they knew everything and judge people hiding behind the "right to their opinion" concept.

If you read again through the thread, you'll notice that I actually haven't expressed my opinion about Jermaine, because I don't know him. I am simply defending the stop-bashing-in-the-name-of-freedom-without-knowing-people principle.

I have read this thread from the beginning and I do see where you do defend 'jermaine....quote...Ummm, the one crying after Michael's death was Jermaine.' end quote.

here is another..."How do you know what was Jermaine feeling through his tears?" .....these are quotes from you...defending Jermaine....I am sure I could find more.

one more posted from you....."You are jumping to conclusions too early and expressing prejudice towards Jermaine. There is not a single proof whatsoever that Jermaine is greedy.

I just can't belive my eyes when I read some comments.

Either I live in a wrong world or something is wrong with me.

How can you even think that brothers can be jaelous at such an extent to take advantage of his own brother's death and think about money in such a situation? How can you judge people so easily without knowing them?

I'll quote Michael: "prejudice is ignorance"
ah bump bump bump! lol actions speak louder than words but in this case, his words spoke true. he changed his lyrics b/c he was forced. he was pressured into it.

more on that later......

how can someone think aboutmoney in such a situation? how could randy cheat mj during the trial? how could one brother expect his little brother to pay for child support of his children, pay for the familyhome, and help everyone out? it happens and it did constantly. they were on the payroll....mj helped his family out all the time.

now let's divert our attention to sony and aeg...well who profits from mj at neverland? barak and thome.....but b arack and thome were also parners in the tii tour....so they must recoup somehow.

jermaine knew thome, so barak coming on and then thome being his manager wasn't by accident.

it's his actions that turn many off. he had a-listers on his website and note the disclaimer at the bottom saying no one is guaranteed to perform and all sales final. well they couldn't do that cuz it was postponed. it was all about jermaine.

then he overstepped the lines and made it about mj's kids. they're gonna go. they going on stage...oh who knows wha tthey wanna do. exploitation much?

i wannalove jermaine. he's a good dude but the almighty dollar and fame has corrupted many. mj's gone now....what's stopping him or any of them?

What up yo,
word to the badd
Reconstructed
Been abducted
Don’t know who you are
They may love you
they don’t know you
Lonely superstar
never think about who you love
only think about number one
You forget about where you started from
You only think about what you want
don’t care about how it’s done
you only think about you, your throne
Be it right or be it wrong
It ain’t about your world
It ain’t about the things that you do
If you don’t care, I don’t care
Cause you keep thinkin’ ’bout you
It ain’t about you takin’ my pie
You been takin’ for a long time
If you keep
Well I ain’t thinkin’ ’bout you
What up yo, word to the badd
Once you were made
You changed your shade
Was your color wrong?
Could not turn back
It’s a known fact
You were too far gone
You know I tried to be there for you
Like a brother I care for you
It didn’t matter you always play me off
You only care about what you want
You don’t care about how it’s done
You only think about you, your throne
Be it right or wrong
It ain’t about your world
It ain’t about the things that you do
Cause you keep thinkin’ ’bout you
It ain’t about you takin’ my pie
You been takin’ for a long time
If you keep
Well I ain’t thinkin’ ’bout you
Oh no no, I ain’t thinkin’ ’bout you
Oh no
What up yo, word to the badd
Thinkin’ about that pie that you’ve been takin’ from me
From a brother to another brother hard to believe
Lost and don’t know it yet you still show it
Givin’ seems to be harder than it is to receive
The glass has gotten shady, time to make it clearer,
Clean it up and lets start with the Man in the mirror.
Theres sadness there brother, aint no mistaken it,
Get a grip cause youre not far from breakin it.
Thinkin about the time when we used to be close,
It shouldnt be past tense, cause nobody knows,
What the future may hold, what tomorrow might bring,
Its not guaranteed that youll be spreading your wings
But meanwhile, I continue to smile, cause in the back of my head,
I know you’re still a child
You say that your a man, but that will never be.

However, the only reason I see hate in som MJ's fans toward Jermaine is nothing else but the fact that they know that he converted to Islam, and that what makes him a "black sheep" now in the eyes of some fans!

Talk about making assumptions without any basis!

Ah, thank YOU, Soso. I've grown weary. Very, very weary. . . . . .

Somehow in this thread, and others like it, I feel like I'm defending MICHAEL. I shouldn't have to feel this way, and you shouldn't, and no one should. The facts are the facts and are out there for anyone to find. No one should BASH Jermaine (and remarks about his hair are not permitted.. not really.) But yet, there's a reality to Jermaine's behavior in the past, and present. Making noises about putting Michael's kids on stage was the very last straw for me. The only family members of Michael's I really CARE about are them. Those children. And if caring about them means putting facts out there about Jermaine, then I WILL.

I'm tired. Peace-out, for now.

Vic

Stop bashing Jermaine Jackson? As soon as he quits his pathetic attempt to replace his irreplaceable brother MICHAEL.Have you notice jermaine carefully orchestrated moves since michael's passing?Surprize, surprise jermaine was the one stepping before the cameras to confirm mj's death,the only jackson pushing for the burial at neverland,and inviting the evil media to michael ranch,because the co-owners obiously paid him off.At the memorial positioning himself right in front of the cameras.He had to be the brother singing michael's favorite song.It's all about jermaine.Michael's kids are at havenhurst playing with his kids.He was michael's voice,his backbone.He not the jacksons wants to carry on mj's good works. And that embarassing website for the sham concert says it all.Jermaine hideous image is the first thing you see in full color,and then as an after thought michael in black in white.I see right through phony jermaine Jackson.He was always bitterly jealous of michael.And now he see michael's death as his opportunity to replace michael.Hell will freeze over before that happens!

:eat: yea i agree lets leave germaine alone:pizza: :brush_teeth:

Ok. Here it comes, finally. I'm not bashing Jermaine, whatsoever, but you wanted facts, and "proof," and here they are. You wrote: We are not talking about SONY, Motolla, AEG, or all the vultures that were flying around Michael when they could milk him." That may or may not be true. What we ARE talking about is a corporation called Colony Capital. You know, that one that owns a significant interest in Neverland? Tohme Tohme is a part of Colony Capital. Jermaine introduced Tohme to Michael. Jermaine was the ONLY one in the family pushing for Michael to be buried at Neverland? Why? Look at the connection to a CORPORATION! Would Jermaine have received a "finder's fee" or kick-backs? No one here can SAY, but it would seem very likely.

It's well-documented that Michael said he NEVER wanted to live at Neverland again. But yet, Jermaine was pushing for him to be buried there for eternity. And why? Colony Capital, and money.

What about Tohme Tohme? You've heard Michael's OWN words saying he was afraid of him. Jermaine is the one who brought Tohme into Michael's life. Is that really OK? To me, it's not.

Yes, Jermaine was at the trial. The whole family was. I'll give him that. He showed up.

I take offense, HUGE offense, that Jermaine said, several times, "I was Michael's voice and his backbone." No, he was NOT, and I found that incredibly disrespectful. He didn't say I AM Michael's voice now (given that he is gone.) He said "I WAS." That is so very wrong. Michael had his own voice, thank you very much, and this IS a Michael Jackson board. His backbone? I think not. Michael was incredibly. . INCREDIBLY courageous.

Word to the Badd? One of the most vicious attacks on a human-being I've ever heard, much less a family-member. Jermaine accused Michael of taking what was "rightfully HIS." He accused him of changing his color, deliberately, when Jermaine surely know that Michael had a skin-condition. And it went on, and on. Michael begged Jermaine not to release it, one reason being it would trash HIS career (Jermaine's). Jermaine released the single widely anyway, to radio stations. Jermaine's only fan-base back then was spill-over from Michael's fans. After that song was released, Jermaine's career was essentially over. He re-wrote the song and sanitized it for the album, but the damage was done. The album failed, and Jermaine was dropped from his record label. No record label ever signed him again, to date.

I will not call Jermaine names or disrespect him that way. What I've written above, is factual. If you still like and admire Jermaine, that is entirely your choice, or anyone's. I base my estimation of Jermaine's behavior on facts that I KNOW.

Oh, please, let this be done soon. . . . .
I agree in all you've said here!

I still find 2 things very,very strange..first thing why weren't any of Michaels siblings including his father in Michael's will?
Secondly why did Michael choose Diana Ross as second one to take care for his children rather then his own siblings,these 2 things keep bothering me and i think Michael must have had very good reasons for this.

Last edited:
If you hear nothing else that I say. . hear me about the CHILDREN! Michael's children. Jermaine was saying he was going to put them on stage. NO. No you DON'T. I'll defend Michael's legacy, and his children's right to happiness, for the rest of my ever-lovin' LIFE. I'm not bashing anyone. . . . But yeah, I do feel that strongly about it.

And now really (maybe?)

peace out,

Vic

Ok. Here it comes, finally. I'm not bashing Jermaine, whatsoever, but you wanted facts, and "proof," and here they are. You wrote: We are not talking about SONY, Motolla, AEG, or all the vultures that were flying around Michael when they could milk him." That may or may not be true. What we ARE talking about is a corporation called Colony Capital. You know, that one that owns a significant interest in Neverland? Tohme Tohme is a part of Colony Capital. Jermaine introduced Tohme to Michael. Jermaine was the ONLY one in the family pushing for Michael to be buried at Neverland? Why? Look at the connection to a CORPORATION! Would Jermaine have received a "finder's fee" or kick-backs? No one here can SAY, but it would seem very likely.

It's well-documented that Michael said he NEVER wanted to live at Neverland again. But yet, Jermaine was pushing for him to be buried there for eternity. And why? Colony Capital, and money.

What about Tohme Tohme? You've heard Michael's OWN words saying he was afraid of him. Jermaine is the one who brought Tohme into Michael's life. Is that really OK? To me, it's not.

Yes, Jermaine was at the trial. The whole family was. I'll give him that. He showed up.

I take offense, HUGE offense, that Jermaine said, several times, "I was Michael's voice and his backbone." No, he was NOT, and I found that incredibly disrespectful. He didn't say I AM Michael's voice now (given that he is gone.) He said "I WAS." That is so very wrong. Michael had his own voice, thank you very much, and this IS a Michael Jackson board. His backbone? I think not. Michael was incredibly. . INCREDIBLY courageous.

Word to the Badd? One of the most vicious attacks on a human-being I've ever heard, much less a family-member. Jermaine accused Michael of taking what was "rightfully HIS." He accused him of changing his color, deliberately, when Jermaine surely know that Michael had a skin-condition. And it went on, and on. Michael begged Jermaine not to release it, one reason being it would trash HIS career (Jermaine's). Jermaine released the single widely anyway, to radio stations. Jermaine's only fan-base back then was spill-over from Michael's fans. After that song was released, Jermaine's career was essentially over. He re-wrote the song and sanitized it for the album, but the damage was done. The album failed, and Jermaine was dropped from his record label. No record label ever signed him again, to date.

I will not call Jermaine names or disrespect him that way. What I've written above, is factual. If you still like and admire Jermaine, that is entirely your choice, or anyone's. I base my estimation of Jermaine's behavior on facts that I KNOW.

You probably misunderstood me, I am a MJ fan, not a Jermaine fan. So this thread has nothing to do with admiring Jermaine.

I can understand that some fans don't like Jermaine and I am certainly not trying to force them to like Jermaine. Indeed, you cannot force someone to love or to hate. What I am trying to say is that I am simply tired of reading how people keep on bashing Jermaine as if he was the worst that could happen to Michael's career.

Oh yes Jermaine wrote a song, big deal. Nobody's perfect! Everyone can make mistakes and immature at one point in their life. By the way who, except Michel's hardcore fans remembers that song??? If the past cannot be erased, it doesn't mean that we cannot change and become a better person. But by keeping on bashing someone -no matter how hard the person is trying to become from inner side better- in the eyes of bashers this person will never be good enough. He can do millions of good deeds, but the bashers will gladly point out only the few bad things and choices.

Indeed Jermaine introduced some people to Michael. But hey, was Jermaine aware of how some can turn into bad people? Is it his responsibility that some people are hypocrites? Do you think he did it on purpose to destroy his brother? By the way, not only Jermaine, but Michael too, to my biggest regret, chose some bad people around him. They are adults, brothers, family, and sometimes make good choices, sometimes bad. But it is not up to us to bash them, even if they argue in form of songs, dance, or public interviews. It is not our business, it is theirs! Who cares about family arguments, when in the end we all know they love each others and support each others, no matter how far sometimes the dispute can go.

By the way even if there are some kind of interest for the family out of Michael's name. It still stays within the family. Not our business again!

Yes, Michael said publicly that he will never live in Neverland again. But he said it right after being accused, and afer the police searched all over the place. Hefelt his home was violated. Nobody would love to live where you feel violated. But that's teh surface of the iceberg.

What do we know about Michael's plans after his declaration? Was he to sell his ranch,or was he to wait a certain period before coming back??? We don't have a clue. Even if Michael had a bad experience in 2003, it doesn't mean he didn't have many wonderful moments at that ranch. We can't even imagine. Jermaine can, and that's why he is more entitled to speak about the ranch and hisbrother than the whole community of Michael's fans.

As far as the backbone partand voice is concerned. It is a bit of exaggeration when it comes to interprettion. I don't see it as if he meant that Michael was weak. On the contrary, Michael was always extremely strong and he did have his own voice. But we should bear in mind that Jermaine was his big brother and that when he spoke about being Michael's backbone and voice, he spoke in a supportive and affectionate way. It doesn't mean that Michael needed it, but simply that Jermaine was always there for him in case he needs him.

So if people don't like Jermaine and dig out only negative things about Jermaine, and if people twist Jermaine's affectionate words for Michael, it is very easy to make a devil out of a man who you've never met, but whom you speak about as if you knew everything.

I have read this thread from the beginning and I do see where you do defend 'jermaine....quote...Ummm, the one crying after Michael's death was Jermaine.' end quote.

here is another..."How do you know what was Jermaine feeling through his tears?" .....these are quotes from you...defending Jermaine....I am sure I could find more.

one more posted from you....."You are jumping to conclusions too early and expressing prejudice towards Jermaine. There is not a single proof whatsoever that Jermaine is greedy.

Yes, am defending Jermaine, but I am not saying anything positive or negative. i am defending him as I could defend you or anyone else ifthe person bashed without being known by the bashers.

I am fed up with people hating Jermaine and keep on bashing him. Every here and there you can read some negative things about Jermaine in this forum. Here are some accusations coming from the fans in this forum:

-Jermaine wants to take MJ's place
-Jermaine dresses like MJ
-Jermaine promises The Jacksons reunion concert, but nothing happens
-Jermaine promises a Tribute concert, but nothing happens
-Jermaine this
-Jermaine that
-blah, blah, blah

STOP IT!

Has it ever occured to all those who hate, bash and criticize Jermaine that before they were fans Jermaine is first of all Michael's brother! Michael's blood!

Has it ever occured that if nothing happens when Jermaine promises something is simply because people DID promise him and finally let him down! How many times Michael promised things that actually never happened just because people turned back on him, just like people are turning back on Jermaine. What is even worse, is that among MJ's fans, there are some who think they have the right to say to Jermaine to shut up. How arrogant! I as a Michael Jackson fan am standing here and now and am defending Jermaine, Michael's brother, who supported and was close to Michael from the beginning. And don't come and tell how Jermaine didn't follow The Jacksons from Motown to Epic, 'cuz eventually he DID. Don't tell me how Jermaine wrote a song "a word to the badd", it is not our business, it is business beween brothers.

They eventually came together and celebrated Michael Jackson's 30 years of career in Madison Square Garden and they were all dressed in a same way and fashion.

No Jermaine is not dressing like Michael! The whole Jackson family have their particular JACKSON style. Take The Jacksons albums from your shelves and see how they are dressed on Triumph, Live, Victory cover! Take Janet Jackson's "Rhythm Nation" cd cover and see how she is dressed!

Can't you see that they are family and that they dress and inspire themselves in music, dance and clothes!

Listen to "Torture", "Tell me I'm not dreaming" who is singing witrh Mike? Not you, it's Jermaine! His brother. They have different but complementary voices and same taste for music and dance.

Jermaine doesn't want to take Michael's place, Jermaine has his own place and he has nothing to prove, he is a part of The Jacksons and he did some excellent songs:

-"Dynamite"
-"Do you remember me"
-"When the rain begins to fall"
-"Do what you do"
-"Sweetest, sweetest"
etc.

Not to mention the 1989's album 2300 Jackon Street. Who was missing on the album? Michael! But hey! Michael was not missing, he was overbusy with his own album and concerts, and eventually appeared with Latoya, Janet and Rebby on the very song and video 2300 Jackson Street, strong and all together!

Who are you to bash one of them? A member of family?

However, the only reason I see hate in som MJ's fans toward Jermaine is nothing else but the fact that they know that he converted to Islam, and that what makes him a "black sheep" now in the eyes of some fans!

Get a life and get over it, it's non of your business!

An angry MJ fan who doesn't like reading negative comments about MJ's supporting brother!

Well, all i got to say is if the shoe fits. No matter if it's family or not, if he is looking to gain something off of MJ's death it is what it is. His own father has done it why not Jermaine. It's not a good thing but it happens.

People always bring up "Word To The Badd", because they like mess. They never mention "I'm My Brother's Keeper".

If you hear nothing else that I say. . hear me about the CHILDREN! Michael's children. Jermaine was saying he was going to put them on stage. NO. No you DON'T. I'll defend Michael's legacy, and his children's right to happiness, for the rest of my ever-lovin' LIFE. I'm not bashing anyone. . . . But yeah, I do feel that strongly about it.

And now really (maybe?)

peace out,

Vic

Imma gonna quote myself here, and then I'm really, really outta here. I suspect some aren't reading the entire thread. .. .

His "Brother's Keeper?" I just thank God he's not the keeper of his brother's children.

Imma gonna quote myself here, and then I'm really, really outta here. I suspect some aren't reading the entire thread. .. .

His "Brother's Keeper?" I just thank God he's not the keeper of his brother's children.
I have no interest in reading it, because I don't like negativity. I can tell what it's about by the thread's title.

You probably misunderstood me, I am a MJ fan, not a Jermaine fan. So this thread has nothing to do with admiring Jermaine.

I can understand that some fans don't like Jermaine and I am certainly not trying to force them to like Jermaine. Indeed, you cannot force someone to love or to hate. What I am trying to say is that I am simply tired of reading how people keep on bashing Jermaine as if he was the worst that could happen to Michael's career.

Oh yes Jermaine wrote a song, big deal. Nobody's perfect! Everyone can make mistakes and immature at one point in their life. By the way who, except Michel's hardcore fans remembers that song??? If the past cannot be erased, it doesn't mean that we cannot change and become a better person. But by keeping on bashing someone -no matter how hard the person is trying to become from inner side better- in the eyes of bashers this person will never be good enough. He can do millions of good deeds, but the bashers will gladly point out only the few bad things and choices.

Indeed Jermaine introduced some people to Michael. But hey, was Jermaine aware of how some can turn into bad people? Is it his responsibility that some people are hypocrites? Do you think he did it on purpose to destroy his brother? By the way, not only Jermaine, but Michael too, to my biggest regret, chose some bad people around him. They are adults, brothers, family, and sometimes make good choices, sometimes bad. But it is not up to us to bash them, even if they argue in form of songs, dance, or public interviews. It is not our business, it is theirs! Who cares about family arguments, when in the end we all know they love each others and support each others, no matter how far sometimes the dispute can go.

By the way even if there are some kind of interest for the family out of Michael's name. It still stays within the family. Not our business again!

Yes, Michael said publicly that he will never live in Neverland again. But he said it right after being accused, and afer the police searched all over the place. Hefelt his home was violated. Nobody would love to live where you feel violated. But that's teh surface of the iceberg.

What do we know about Michael's plans after his declaration? Was he to sell his ranch,or was he to wait a certain period before coming back??? We don't have a clue. Even if Michael had a bad experience in 2003, it doesn't mean he didn't have many wonderful moments at that ranch. We can't even imagine. Jermaine can, and that's why he is more entitled to speak about the ranch and hisbrother than the whole community of Michael's fans.

As far as the backbone partand voice is concerned. It is a bit of exaggeration when it comes to interprettion. I don't see it as if he meant that Michael was weak. On the contrary, Michael was always extremely strong and he did have his own voice. But we should bear in mind that Jermaine was his big brother and that when he spoke about being Michael's backbone and voice, he spoke in a supportive and affectionate way. It doesn't mean that Michael needed it, but simply that Jermaine was always there for him in case he needs him.

So if people don't like Jermaine and dig out only negative things about Jermaine, and if people twist Jermaine's affectionate words for Michael, it is very easy to make a devil out of a man who you've never met, but whom you speak about as if you knew everything.

ok Jermaine...I know this is you....the jiggs up...come out with your hands up. For someone who is not defending Jermaine...jeez...it is as though you were he....right here on this forum.

:claping::claping::claping:

Why not spend ur time defending michael then he is the one who needs it not jermaine!

The title of the thread is about Jermaine.

As far as Michael is concerned I've been defending him for the last 20 years from the bashers and will still continue. Today it is Michael's brother who is bashed, so I am defending him too.

The title of the thread is about Jermaine.

As far as Michael is concerned I've been defending him for the last 20 years from the bashers and will still continue. Today it is Michael's brother who is bashed, so I am defending him too.

I appreciate that the thread is about Jermaine but instead off starting a topic that people have strong feelings about why not leave it alone and carry on keeping michaels legacy alive, carry on protecting MICHAEL from bashers thats all i am saying!

I agree with your original post Bumper Snippet, but since the mods have no problem with what people post about Jermaine there's nothing you can do about it. I just state my positive opinion of Jermaine and move on. I have no issues with Jermaine and I support what he is trying to do for MJ. I've come to the conclusion that what people write on this forum is just their opinion and it doesn't mean it's the truth.

ok Jermaine...I know this is you....the jiggs up...come out with your hands up. For someone who is not defending Jermaine...jeez...it is as though you were he....right here on this forum.

Daym, I'm busted!

I agree with your original post Bumper Snippet, but since the mods have no problem with what people post about Jermaine there's nothing you can do about it. I just state my positive opinion of Jermaine and move on. I have no issues with Jermaine and I support what he is trying to do for MJ. I've come to the conclusion that what people write on this forum is just their opinion and it doesn't mean it's the truth.

Amen to that

I appreciate that the thread is about Jermaine but instead off starting a topic that people have strong feelings about why not leave it alone and carry on keeping michaels legacy alive, carry on protecting MICHAEL from bashers thats all i am saying!

I am defending the bashed defender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back