Studio songs almost all leaked?

So far, I´m liking better the Buxer tracks (especially HT demo) so far from Invincible onwards era. PotW sounds like the masterpiece that could´ve been. I´d like to hear the remaining Buxer tracks and the Babyface stuff. It´d also be cool to hear the Loren tracks from the Dangerous era.

No more song leaks as far as I know, these songs leaked recently are songs people had ever since 2011

There aren't other unheard songs form that source, so next leak are probably songs from the new album

The new demo of TWYLM is fake. It's compiled using a filtered acapella Korgnex released on Soundcloud and a fan made instrumental.

The new demo of TWYLM is fake. It's compiled using a filtered acapella Korgnex released on Soundcloud and a fan made instrumental.
Wrong, lol. This mix was available in 2011, it came from the server among potw, dig, etc. It is most likely an unfinished mix for the Michael album.

Wrong, lol. This mix was available in 2011, it came from the server among potw, dig, etc. It is most likely an unfinished mix for the Michael album.

I probably made my post seem more like a confirmed fact rather than an opinion :p sorry!

But I just can't imagine that this is an actual mix to be quite honest. It sounds absolutely terrible. Vocals sound off with the instrumental.

I probably made my post seem more like a confirmed fact rather than an opinion :p sorry!

But I just can't imagine that this is an actual mix to be quite honest. It sounds absolutely terrible. Vocals sound off with the instrumental.
Well, the fact is, it was on the server :)

Those songs on the server were mp3's or lossless files?

Those songs on the server were mp3's or lossless files?
I was not on the server, I can't say for sure, but from what info I have gathered and observed, the 4 songs POTW, DIG, HT Demo and I Like demo mix were not available in lossless files.

They are weird files, some of the sounds in them reached 320 kbps, but the rest of the stuff in the songs reach 128 kbps (some 192 kbps). Far away from lossless overall...

There can can several reasons for this. I am going to go the option of: Sony simply never received the files in lossless quality.

There are 2 versions of Seeing Voices (instrumental and vocal demo) circulating, as well as a 1993 recording of Ghosts.

THOSE BETTER NOT LEAK. It would be horrible.

By the time the album comes and the FM+MJ tracks we would have gathered well over 18 songs. When is it enough?

The Ghosts demo would be interesting to hear. But I agree that no more previously unheard songs should leak in the near future.

Couldn't care less about the Freddie Mercury songs honestly.

But I'm fine with incomplete songs leaking. The Another Day original recording is still out there so that would be fine, as would any other song that is considered incomplete.

Finished songs should stay unleaked. Let's not f**k u the Estate's vault anymore than it is.

There are 2 versions of Seeing Voices (instrumental and vocal demo) circulating, as well as a 1993 recording of Ghosts.

You can't imagine how excited I am for knowing that there is a vocal demo of Seeing Voices. I really love that instrumental, it's amazing and it really makes me feel good with that groove. Always There, do you believe that we are going to listen to this vocal demo someday?

Thank you so much! :)

You can't imagine how excited I am for knowing that there is a vocal demo of Seeing Voices. I really love that instrumental, it's amazing and it really makes me feel good with that groove. Always There, do you believe that we are going to listen to this vocal demo someday?

Thank you so much! :)

Well of course! :p

I really think we will, just hopefully not in a leaked state. It's said to be a phenomenal track and if so, I would love to see an official release.

Well, Korgnex made the a cappella using this mix, I mean he extracted the vocals from this mix, so it cannot be fan-made.

Seeing Voices should be included on this new album if the vocals are complete enough.. will be interesting to see what happens

I think i lost consciousness for a little moment after reading that.

Same when I found out, my friend :p

From what I've read, this song features the Ray Charles choir. Rumors say that Ray himself sings on it, but that's subjective and I haven't seen a clear confirmation on that front.

I won't mention a name, but someone posted a snippet fo Seeing Voices instrumental on an FB MJ group last year. It was removed within minutes I believe. And guess what, I forgot to save it :D

Sounded really nice.

I won't mention a name, but someone posted a snippet fo Seeing Voices instrumental on an FB MJ group last year. It was removed within minutes I believe. And guess what, I forgot to save it :D

Sounded really nice.

I don't get it. How can you know it's actually an MJ song if you didn't hear his vocals, nor has snippets of that song leaked that would let you compare it to the instrumental...?

Re: News and discussion about upcoming MJ album [Update Pg15]

If they're stupid enough to decide to upload a song illegally then they should be able to face the consequences. Your protection is not deserved.

Songs circulating between collectors is one thing but when a person posts an unreleased song on the internet they do damage to the MJ Estate. They devalue the music they have in their posession and they should be punished. I'm going to search for this person and if I find them I will report them myself. IT wouldn't surprise me at all if the person who first person who posted it here is the same person how posted it on the other board.

After all the person who leaked it obviously wants to be known, otherwise they would have kept it to themselves just like the collectors who have had this song for years and protected it.
I say throw the book at them.

Im not going to rat on a MJ fan for leaking a song even if I knew who they were. Fans don't do that. Who said it was posted here.? I dont like that songs get leaked either. but it was bound to happen. Do you really think the collectors were protecting them ?? They were selling it and trading it for other material to sell on the MJ black market. Don't make them sound noble. It was far from that. They were selling property they didn't even own. Making a profit off from The estates songs. They did it while MJ was alive as well. The only reason it wasn't leaked before is so they they could hold it for ransom and sell it. to other traders and collectors. They are not trying to protect the songs like you think. And Im not condoning either activity selling or leaking.

Now some collectors who get the songs decide it is better to leak and give to the fans instead of letting it continue to be sold on the black market.. There is a lot of money to be made. Some are leaked because a deal went bad so out of spite they leak one so the others can't profit from it. anymore. Then the rest fall like domino's because they want to be the first to get credit before they all get out. At least they wont be traded, held for ransom and sold any more. I don't like the fact they get uploaded publically all over youtube , sound cloud etc. by fans. But it is what it is. The leakers put The Collectors/Traders/Sellers out of business and the fans get to hear some beautiful music. . STTR leaked several times and it is still being released by the Estate and It will be a hit . So did you find your man/woman ?

I'll probably get hit for saying this... but I'm not a fan of the music that has been released since his death. I haven't listened to all the songs, but I have listened to a few and this in my opinion:

I love to hear Michael's voice, don't get me wrong, but part of me feels like this is not what Michael would have wanted. He never released any music until it was completed, and I'm sorry to say, these tracks feel incomplete to me. I do not believe he would be happy with this move.

Days in Gloucestershire- I think this song definitely has good bones to it, but without Michael's "magical" finishing touches, it will never be the song it could have been.

People of the World- I liked this one more than Days in Gloucestershire. It reminded of Heal the World/We Are The World, but as I continued listening to it (it was labeled as "full track" and not "demo"), I was very unimpressed. The music overtakes Michael's voice and you can barely hear him.

Even songs that have been finished- like Hollywood Tonight- make me sad. Hollywood Tonight just does not sound like an MJ song. Again, I'm sorry to all those who do like it, I just don't. I listened to a demo version of this song and I disliked it even more. It sounds like they auto-tuned Michael's voice in some places and I just find that a bit offensive. If that is the route they took, I don't understand why. His voice is so naturally beautiful- why would they feel the need to fix it up?

And that brings me to why I don't like the posthumous music: I think there is such a craving for Michael's unreleased music (which is great, by the way; I love that people still want to hear him), that it's being put out there without those special finishing touches of Michael's. So, in my opinion, these songs should never get "finished" and released. I almost get the sense that these songs are being finished up just so Sony can make a profit.

Unless something happens to change my mind, I cannot and will not support these projects. The songs mean nothing to me if Michael was not finished with them.

I'll probably get hit for saying this... but I'm not a fan of the music that has been released since his death. I haven't listened to all the songs, but I have listened to a few and this in my opinion:

I love to hear Michael's voice, don't get me wrong, but part of me feels like this is not what Michael would have wanted. He never released any music until it was completed, and I'm sorry to say, these tracks feel incomplete to me. I do not believe he would be happy with this move.

Days in Gloucestershire- I think this song definitely has good bones to it, but without Michael's "magical" finishing touches, it will never be the song it could have been.

People of the World- I liked this one more than Days in Gloucestershire. It reminded of Heal the World/We Are The World, but as I continued listening to it (it was labeled as "full track" and not "demo"), I was very unimpressed. The music overtakes Michael's voice and you can barely hear him.

Even songs that have been finished- like Hollywood Tonight- make me sad. Hollywood Tonight just does not sound like an MJ song. Again, I'm sorry to all those who do like it, I just don't. I listened to a demo version of this song and I disliked it even more. It sounds like they auto-tuned Michael's voice in some places and I just find that a bit offensive. If that is the route they took, I don't understand why. His voice is so naturally beautiful- why would they feel the need to fix it up?

And that brings me to why I don't like the posthumous music: I think there is such a craving for Michael's unreleased music (which is great, by the way; I love that people still want to hear him), that it's being put out there without those special finishing touches of Michael's. So, in my opinion, these songs should never get "finished" and released. I almost get the sense that these songs are being finished up just so Sony can make a profit.

Unless something happens to change my mind, I cannot and will not support these projects. The songs mean nothing to me if Michael was not finished with them.

You do make several good points, and I respect your opinion.

To me, this is a major problem with most fans. They demand that the Estate release Michael's music essentially exactly how they found it, with no reproductions or embellishments of any kind. Michael despised releasing his unfinished music (the sole exception being The Ultimate Collection, and even then that was a project he just wanted to get out of the way so he could get to trial). Every song he released as bonus tracks have all been completed at the time of their recording (Streetwalker, Fly Away) or completed in the year prior to their release (For All Time).

If the Estate actually does release a second disc containing the untouched recordings with the new album, I could very easily make the case that Michael would be furious over it. In more than one way, I'm quite positive Michael would rather have his songs completed posthumously than released untouched.

But this brings it to the main point: Michael is no longer with us. Every single release we will ever get from now until the end of time will not have his say so. It's pretty much jumping off of the Estate asking themselves, "What would HE want us to do?" Sometimes, they'll get close to the bulls-eye (Bad 25); other times, they'll be as far away as possible (MICHAEL).

Of course, I personally don't think that you should let this ruin anything for you. Hearing Michael's music (finished or unfinished) is such an experience for me. Hearing I'm So Blue for the first time, or Behind the Mask, or This Is It, or Best of Joy... they all gave me that feeling that Michael did when he was here. Not the exact same, but as close as I'm ever going to get. So in that regard, I take whatever they want to give me. I will complain if it truly is terrible, but when it's good or even great, I appreciate it.

I understand your opinion 100%, and by no means can I blame you for it. All I offer is that you try to accept each release as perhaps a tribute, something that praises what Michael did. Just try to go back and listen to Free or Al Capone without a huge smile on your face ;)

If the Estate actually does release a second disc containing the untouched recordings with the new album, I could very easily make the case that Michael would be furious over it. In more than one way, I'm quite positive Michael would rather have his songs completed posthumously than released untouched.

But this brings it to the main point: Michael is no longer with us. Every single release we will ever get from now until the end of time will not have his say so. It's pretty much jumping off of the Estate asking themselves, "What would HE want us to do?" Sometimes, they'll get close to the bulls-eye (Bad 25); other times, they'll be as far away as possible (MICHAEL).

Of course, I personally don't think that you should let this ruin anything for you. Hearing Michael's music (finished or unfinished) is such an experience for me. Hearing I'm So Blue for the first time, or Behind the Mask, or This Is It, or Best of Joy... they all gave me that feeling that Michael did when he was here. Not the exact same, but as close as I'm ever going to get. So in that regard, I take whatever they want to give me. I will complain if it truly is terrible, but when it's good or even great, I appreciate it.

You do bring up good points as well. I like the suggestion you made in regards to how he would have rather had his work released completed than as a demo- I didn't think of it in that way before. I still don't like it, lol, but you make a valid argument.

Also, "Michael is no longer with us". Even after 5 years, that's still a very difficult concept to come to terms with. I listen to his music, I watch his movies and documentaries and I read articles, and it still feels, in a way, like he's still with us. Wishful thinking. But again, you're right. He's no longer here, so any music that does get released, I have basically two options- I can ignore it, or I can at least attempt to embrace it for what it is. The latter sounds like a better route ;)

Of course not, but it gives people another version and everyone can pick for themselves which one they prefer. While I like hearing the demos, if I wanna get my groove on or sing along or something, I'll put the finished more current version on, you know what I mean? But that's just my personal choice.

I'll give you an example - my favorite demo is Fall Again, but every time I listen to it, the bridge where MJ is just mumbling, feels so anti-climactic that it leaves me disappointed and wanting more. If some producer updates that demo, adding instruments, finishing that bridge somehow or even featuring another artist to complete it, I will probably listen a lot more to that version than the demo. But again, that's just my personal taste/feelings.

I do agree about the lyrics that they shouldn't have been changed. But the video - I don't think videos should necessarily follow the lyrics, it should be up to the artist and/or the director. In this case, it was probably the director who came up with the video story.

In most instances, the video does need to match up with the song playing. Not always, but in the case of Hollywood Tonight it certainly does. Do you think with the dark way Michael intended the song to be, that he'd make the video almost identical to what the Estate did? Nope. The song is intended to be show the listener that instead of becoming a big star like she dreamed, somewhere a long the way she was exposed to the dark side of Hollywood, from prostitution, to drugs, to doing dispicable things just to scratch by a living. The video is meant to give a visualization of whats going on in the song. And rightfully so, Michael would've done that.

He surely wouldn't have this dark song only to have this girl have stars in her eyes from beginning to end, and ending with her and her friends dancing "Billie Jean" all up and down Hollywood Boulevard.

Last edited:
In most instances, the video does need to match up with the song playing. Not always, but in the case of Hollywood Tonight it certainly does. Do you think with the dark way Michael intended the song to be, that he'd make the video almost identical to what the Estate did? Nope. The song is intended to be show the listener that instead of becoming a big star like she dreamed, somewhere a long the way she was exposed to the dark side of Hollywood, from prostitution, to drugs, to doing dispicable things just to scratch by a living. The video is meant to give a visualization of whats going on in the song. And rightfully so, Michael would've done that.

He surely wouldn't have this dark song only to have this girl have stars in her eyes from beginning to end, and ending with her and her friends dancing "Billie Jean" all up and down Hollywood Boulevard.

I agree. I recant my previous comment about not liking "Hollwood Tonight"- after thinking on what AlwaysThere said, and what I read in this article here- http://joevogel.wordpress.com/2011/03/14/exclusive-inside-michael-jacksons-hollywood/- I like it a little more. As for the comment I made about auto tune... I don't really know if it was auto-tuned or not. Maybe it's just how his voice sounds. It had been probably 10 years since we heard anything new from Michael (at least), so it's possible his voice changed in that time. Hollywood Tonight is definitely not a favorite, but I can live with it.

Anyway, yeah. I totally agree with you. I think they should have kept the original lyrics, even though he never got around to recording them. The original lyrics showcase just what cruel bitch Hollywood is, something Michael knew only all too well, and that would have been the real genius in the song. Rather, they were replaced with something that just a bit too "positive".

I don't get it. How can you know it's actually an MJ song if you didn't hear his vocals, nor has snippets of that song leaked that would let you compare it to the instrumental...?
Because it's known among "collectors" that the person who leaked that snippet has the song

And that person never posts fake stuff... But he obviously regret posting it, and removed it quickly.

Bobmoo "the police of music rights and art", eat some pancakes and chillout. don't be such moralizer.

Back