The Chef, Kai Chase's about the day Michael Died (Merged) (All discussion here, please)

murray is DEEPLY in debt. is about to lose his home, prolly both of his practices if they find he acted in an untoward way....so he's desperate right now. he may face prison time so if he has to roll, time to start talking now

Kai seems like a lovely person and i am glad she has done all those interviews :)

While I love hearing about Michael and his family life, I feel I have to disagree with you.
Paris made Kai that beautiful "Box of Happiness" as a touching and personal gift. I'm not sure I like seeing it shown to the world on two TV shows. Michael was a private man..
I feel it's a little disrespectful to parade the child's gift on TV.
Am I the only one?

Well she may have talked to Paris about her showing the box and cards on tv.. Personally if the family or kids had a problem with it, I believe they would've called Ms. Chase and asked her not to display what the children gave to her.

^ How would they have known? She might not have told them she was going to show them.
I don't know what to think.

I already said this about the kids - this is only the beginning...they are going to be exploited to the max because they are MJ's kids and every move they are going to make is going to be put under a microscope

I already said this about the kids - this is only the beginning...they are going to be exploited to the max because they are MJ's kids and every move they are going to make is going to be put under a microscope

I think you may just be right about that. No way the media is gonna leave those kids alone...they did'nt leave their father alone in life so why change their tune now?

^ How would they have known? She might not have told them she was going to show them.
I don't know what to think.
She did say she has visited them since his death, and they may have talked on the phone b4 she went on tv.. It seems like she really likes those kids and well from the cards the feeling is mutual.. Hell she is the only one that hasn't gone on tv and said something negative about their father.. She has nothing but praise for him and his kids.. Even when they asked her about her feelings of MJ having prescriptions in her name.. She still didn't say anything, she just smiled and said "I know nothing about that", see others would've found something to say just so they can keep their names in the paper and possible continue to do the tv show rounds...

She did say she has visited them since his death, and they may have talked on the phone b4 she went on tv.. It seems like she really likes those kids and well from the cards the feeling is mutual.. Hell she is the only one that hasn't gone on tv and said something negative about their father.. She has nothing but praise for him and his kids.. Even when they asked her about her feelings of MJ having prescriptions in her name.. She still didn't say anything, she just smiled and said "I know nothing about that", see others would've found something to say just so they can keep their names in the paper and possible continue to do the tv show rounds...
i was fittin to say the same damn thang...danke :punk:

I know they have spoken, and she saw them two weeks ago, but I still don't necessarily think it was right.
Some things should remain private in my opinion. Talking about the children so openly in public gives the press the idea that it's OK to talk about them and write stories about them and show pictures of them. It isn't! They are children and need to be left alone to be children.
I just..I don't think Michael would appreciate her showing the things his children gave her on TV. We all know how private he was and how much he wanted to protect them. The little notes Prince and Paris wrote in particular I feel shouldn't have been shown. They were so personal and Larry King held them up to the camera..

well where was this 'outrage' when mark lester was talking about the kids? u can't have it both ways, y'all.

the diff between mark and kai is that kai was there when this was going on. kai has seen the kids after mj passed, and kai is working w/ investigators. mark is just a family friend who has gone back to london and done interviews about his friendship w/ mj

what kai says is more profound and a lot morehelpful than lester's verbal diarrhea

why u got issues with everyone hating on mark mjs spirtual brother and close friend for over 30 years. save it for someone who deserves it.and he doesnt live anywhere near london. that aint the only place in the uk

Re: Dr Murray screamed: Go get Prince! (chef)

this part caught my eye:

Now leonard rowe, tohme, and chase were all fired in may of 2009? It looks like aeg was cleaning house and removing many people out of michael's life in may. May is also the month when michael was seeing dr. Klien almost every single day. Also, looking back @ may, michael started losing lots weight. Hmmmm.

b i n g o !

well where was this 'outrage' when mark lester was talking about the kids? u can't have it both ways, y'all.

the diff between mark and kai is that kai was there when this was going on. kai has seen the kids after mj passed, and kai is working w/ investigators. mark is just a family friend who has gone back to london and done interviews about his friendship w/ mj

what kai says is more profound and a lot morehelpful than lester's verbal diarrhea
I really don't see what you have against Mark. It is a very decent man and a very good friend to Michael!

why u got issues with everyone hating on mark mjs spirtual brother and close friend for over 30 years. save it for someone who deserves it.and he doesnt live anywhere near london. that aint the only place in the uk
spiritual b rother?

well if u cannot tell, im pointing out that the same people upset over kai talking about th ekids didn't say the same about mark.

if it applies to one, it applies to the other. he lends nothing to speaking b/c he wasn't there towards the end. yesthey were great friends but she was there the day before and the day ofmj's death.

and i just typed london just cuz. lol jeez....

:dont_mention_it:

I really don't see what you have against Mark. It is a very decent man and a very good friend to Michael!
and what's wrong w/ kai? she aint' sold out yet....if mark can talk about the kids so can she. especially if she just saw them and has been visiting them. that was my point. don't bash one and not other

my own personal opinions of kai is that she has a job as a hollywood cook and so this is pr. when asked about the kids she said she saw them a few weeks ago and they were doing wonderful and happily playing with their cousins. i highly doubt they're prancing with unicorns. i understand she wants to say they are healthy and coping.

she says a lot of good things about the kids because she wishes to stay in the jacksons' employment. the whole thing about michael jackson checking out her bum, as i'm sure he checked loads of other women, was just a little self-pleasing for me. i don't see why it's a big deal that a man checked out a woman just because he's michael jackson.

some see her as humanizing mj but, of course, she has her own agenda as well. she has a book to push (as we saw her smoothie/salad demo with roker) and a reputation to glorify. i'm personally not a fan and i know this isn't the most popular opinion. i've no beef with people who think she's heaven sent.

my own personal opinions of kai is that she has a job as a hollywood cook and so this is pr. when asked about the kids she said she saw them a few weeks ago and they were doing wonderful and happily playing with their cousins. i highly doubt they're prancing with unicorns. i understand she wants to say they are healthy and coping.

she says a lot of good things about the kids because she wishes to stay in the jacksons' employment. the whole thing about michael jackson checking out her bum, as i'm sure he checked loads of other women, was just a little self-pleasing for me. i don't see why it's a big deal that a man checked out a woman just because he's michael jackson.

some see her as humanizing mj but, of course, she has her own agenda as well. she has a book to push (as we saw her smoothie/salad demo with roker) and a reputation to glorify. i'm personally not a fan and i know this isn't the most popular opinion. i've no beef with people who think she's heaven sent.
I agree...

Mark Lester. That was more than slightly different. He is a friend of Michael's and godfather to Prince, Paris and Blanket. He loves them and would do anything for them. Not saying I agree with him releasing photos of the Christmas he spent with the family but I think it's a different thing altogether.
Kai is a professional. She has a duty to maintain a level of professionalism. Or so I believe.

and what's wrong w/ kai? she aint' sold out yet....if mark can talk about the kids so can she. especially if she just saw them and has been visiting them. that was my point. don't bash one and not other

Nothing is wrong with Kai in my opinion, hell she is the only one out the group that was around MJ and saying something nice about him.. Like I said b4 she didn't go down that road when they asked her how she felt about MJ possibly using her name to get prescriptions.. She kept it classy, she smiled and said "I know nothing about that". All these other ppl that were around MJ right b4 his death have come out jumping on the "he was an addict" bandwagon.. She said only nice things about him and how he looked at her butt.. Yeah she has a cookbook coming out, but at least she talked about it with MJ first, unlike all these other ppl that have written a book without ever meeting the damn man. She cooked for him, so if you think her sharing some recipes that she made for MJ is a tell all, then put a dunce cap on my head and call me dumb.. I will be the first to buy it, and I can't boil water, but I will get it and ask someone to cook the dishes for me so I can eat what MJ ate.. Except for that juice with the beets in it, he can have that.. Don't do beets..lol

I get where some of you may have issues with her showing the stuff the kids gave her. But it's not like she is plastering pictures all over the place trying to prove that she was cool with the kids. Unlike some of these other ppl who are showing pictures of them with MJ and his kids down in Miami and Mexico.. That lady that sold or gave those pictures to TMZ and posted them on her FB page.. Now that is exploitation..

my own personal opinions of kai is that she has a job as a hollywood cook and so this is pr. when asked about the kids she said she saw them a few weeks ago and they were doing wonderful and happily playing with their cousins.
Katherine said the same thing to Geraldo yesterday....

I think it's not fair to bash every single person who knew MJ. We've come to a situation where when someone says something negative about him they are an asshole or a bitch and when they say something nice it can only be because they have a hidden agenda. If Kai has a cookbook coming out and it will sell better because of the exposure she now gets, well, good for her. As long as she tells the truth and is respectfull I have no problem with that.

Nothing is wrong with Kai in my opinion, hell she is the only one out the group that was around MJ and saying something nice about him.. Like I said b4 she didn't go down that road when they asked her how she felt about MJ possibly using her name to get prescriptions.. She kept it classy, she smiled and said "I know nothing about that". All these other ppl that were around MJ right b4 his death have come out jumping on the "he was an addict" bandwagon.. She said only nice things about him and how he looked at her butt.. Yeah she has a cookbook coming out, but at least she talked about it with MJ first, unlike all these other ppl that have written a book without ever meeting the damn man. She cooked for him, so if you think her sharing some recipes that she made for MJ is a tell all, then put a dunce cap on my head and call me dumb.. I will be the first to buy it, and I can't boil water, but I will get it and ask someone to cook the dishes for me so I can eat what MJ ate.. Except for that juice with the beets in it, he can have that.. Don't do beets..lol

I get where some of you may have issues with her showing the stuff the kids gave her. But it's not like she is plastering pictures all over the place trying to prove that she was cool with the kids. Unlike some of these other ppl who are showing pictures of them with MJ and his kids down in Miami and Mexico.. That lady that sold or gave those pictures to TMZ and posted them on her FB page.. Now that is exploitation..

Yep, I agree. I think she did a great job and painted Michael as a human. The fact that she DID say good things about him (for a change) drew me to her. I'm pretty fed up with most of the crap being said about Michael.

I did watch Geraldo last night (I never watch his show) and everyone on board was agreeing that Michael was "murdered". What a shock!! Seriously - people in the media are growing a brain. Why is that? Could it be Michael meant more to them than they let on? I mean, gushing over the King of Pop never really sold magazines but dissing him did. Are they repentant and this is their way of making it up to him - now?

Katherine said the same thing to Geraldo yesterday....

I think it's not fair to bash every single person who knew MJ. We've come to a situation where when someone says something negative about him they are an asshole or a bitch and when they say something nice it can only be because they have a hidden agenda. If Kai has a cookbook coming out and it will sell better because of the exposure she now gets, well, good for her. As long as she tells the truth and is respectfull I have no problem with that.

Yes and since her interview I've been making her juice recipe daily. Silly, I know but I think of Mike every time I make it.

Mark Lester. That was more than slightly different. He is a friend of Michael's and godfather to Prince, Paris and Blanket. He loves them and would do anything for them. Not saying I agree with him releasing photos of the Christmas he spent with the family but I think it's a different thing altogether.
Kai is a professional. She has a duty to maintain a level of professionalism. Or so I believe.

How many Godparents are there?

I agree!

While it may not be the best decision to display the gifts on TV, I think when you look at all she's said so far, I don't think she had exploitive motives when she did it. She could be saying negative things, but she hasn't. She's been really positive and seems to genuinely have cared for the children. She was probably able to book the interviews just based on the fact that she was an "insider" and was there the morning Michael passed, so she probably only bought the gifts to show that the family was generous and kind. I think, in the end, that makes Michael look even more like a wonderful father.

Yep, I agree. I think she did a great job and painted Michael as a human. The fact that she DID say good things about him (for a change) drew me to her. I'm pretty fed up with most of the crap being said about Michael.

I did watch Geraldo last night (I never watch his show) and everyone on board was agreeing that Michael was "murdered". What a shock!! Seriously - people in the media are growing a brain. Why is that? Could it be Michael meant more to them than they let on? I mean, gushing over the King of Pop never really sold magazines but dissing him did. Are they repentant and this is their way of making it up to him - now?
Call me skeptical or unforgiving, but I doubt they're trying to make up for the crap they made him go through. IMO, it's probably simply because murder makes a better story.

Call me skeptical or unforgiving, but I doubt they're trying to make up for the crap they made him go through. IMO, it's probably simply because murder makes a better story.

Yeah, silly me. What was I thinking?

The media doesn't smell any better just because they say something nice about Michael. I wonder though if they are ever honest with themselves and see the damage they've done by making up all this stuff about him?

I'm not sure what to make of her, I didn't like her showing her recipies it seemed like a PR exercise for her which seemed a bit off after what she was talking about before.

Yall are being very paranoid with the Kai and Mark bashing. Please.

I have no issues with Kai. My issue is with Cheryl Lee...the inventer of PROPOPOL GATE! She should have only spoken with the LAPD. She never should have come to the media with what she said. She should have respected Michael's medical records privacy and she didn't. I have absolutely no respect for her. She made her media rounds and got paid a lot of money for her story. I hope she enjoys it.

The media people, on the other hand, are so fickle. I actually heard Mike Walker (dude from National Enquirer) say out of his own tabloidy mouth that Michael was the greatest father after watching that video of Mike, Prince and Paris at home celebrating their birthday. He actually said that. Can you believe it? These media people are dumbfounded at all of the HUMANIZING information that is coming out about Michael showing the kind of person he really was. They don't know what to do with it. So they are jumping on the MICHAEL WAS HUMAN AFTERALL bandwagon. Just sickening to me. I really don't care what they say anymore. I will await the day that Prince and Paris and Blanket have something to say about their famous, lovely, giving and caring father. That is going to be the best day ever.

omg this thread is 22 pages long! :lol: and still going!

edit: omg, we just hit 23 like it's still relevant! i love mjjc :D

Last edited:
Back