The Confessional

Ok, there's been something weighing really heavily on my heart for the last few years that gets aggravated this time of year. Please hear me out and don't jump right down my throat...

Girl... you have read my mind. I sat in on the telethon they had the other night and I crunched the numbers. Over the last 5 years there have been roughly 47,000 roses purchased in total. At $3.00 a pop that is #141,000.00. Less than what you came up with, but whatever. The number isn't important. Your message is. And I thought of that as I was crunching those numbers, and every day since.

It is wonderful that so many people come together for Michael and show their love and support for him, it really is. He deserves it. But you are absolutely right. Why can't people come together in that way, and use that power to do something for the less fortunate? Or to do something positive that will have an impact on the planet?

I think your idea is a good one. I haven't done any research so this is just off the top of my head, but maybe it's possible to set up a website where people can choose a charity to donate to in Michael's honor, and they can donate as much or as little as they'd like.

In fact, MJJC is in the process of teaming up with a charitable organization, but it's not like anything you or I describe above. But it is a step in the right direction.

I don't know if anyone is aware of it, but if you shop on Amazon, you set up your account so that every time you make a purchase a donation gets made to a charity of your choice. I have mine set to Charity Water- "an organization who's mission it is to bring safe, cleaning drinking water to every person on the planet". It's not much, but again, it's a step in the right direction. Some day I hope to make more than $9.25 an hour :)lol:) and when that happens, I will donate on a regular basis to needy causes and to the less fortunate.

Ok, there's been something weighing really heavily on my heart for the last few years that gets aggravated this time of year. Please hear me out and don't jump right down my throat...

Alright, so the "roses for MJ" drive reaaaaaaaally bothers me lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm not heartless and it's beautiful to see the outpouring of love, it's a very sweet sight to see every year. But...

Michael's message encourages us all to band together in order to spark true change in the world. When large groups of people mobilize, there's no limit to the things that can be accomplished. Every year, fans mobilize, but to do what?

Ok let's do the math. You got, more or less, 15,000 roses at $3 each: that's $45,000 just this year. If this is the average (hypothetically), over five years that's $225,000. That's a quarter of a million dollars all given by fans worldwide. We could be buying schools new textbooks or computers, setting up college funds for orphanages, a small water filtration system for some rural town, or a down payment on a new house for a low income family in need, or fund the building of a new homeless shelter etc. etc. etc. The possibilities go on and on.

Every year fans join together in great demonstration, in rememberance of Michael. What a squandered opportunity to carry forward Michael's most valuable message through action.

I'm not trying to sit here like I'm Mother Teresa and I'm completely selfless 24 hours a day lol. Have I paid for an item or service for my own personal gratification when I could've donated that money to Starlight Foundation or given it to a homeless woman? Of course, I'd be a shameless liar to say no. But that's not the point. It's not about starting a useless argument about who's "better" than who, or who "does the most". The point (and the root of my sadness) is that when we have a unique opportunity such as this every year, with so many lives and hearts moving en masse towards a central purpose, requiring MINIMAL financial sacrifice from the individual, we don't direct all of that towards a goal that would not only absolutely make Michael's spirit smile, that would be a testament to the real legacy that Michael entrusted to his fans, and would make real, life-changing differences for people in need. We direct it all towards flowers lol. It's just sad man. Seeing with your own eyes what powerful things we're capable of when we all join together, but then seeing what's actually done with that power... Every year, we could put a kid through medical school, but we buy roses instead.

Absolutely, positively NO "SHADE", "HATE", OR DISRESPECT is intended towards those that organized the One Rose For MJ event or any of its participants. I know that the sentiment behind it is heartfelt, and I'm not knocking that at all. Everyone is free to spend their money wherever and on whatever they choose, as long as you aren't harming anyone do what you want, it's no business of mine lol. I didn't post this to be negative, or divisive. That's NOT what I'm about, or what this post is about. Nor am I going to participate in the ridiculous popularity contests that seem to spring up in fan groups, not my thing. I'm simply urging all of us to stop and see what we can all really do together. A (hypothetical) donation drive for an organization only gets $1,500, maybe $5k if people really get into it, but a drive to get YOUR personally-purchased flower delivered to Michael's crypt gets $45,000!?!?!?! We'll do that for roses, but not for our fellow men?

:unsure: ::siiiiiiiiiigh::

I agree and I think it'd be fantastic if we all came together and donated money to charties for a worthy cause, picking one to raise money for each year or something. I personally think that's the best way we could honor Michael! And we'd be helping a bunch of people, too!:wub:

So I hate spiders. I just killed one and I'm staring at it to make sure it doesn't come back to life.:bugeyed :imbad :rofl:

Alright, so the "roses for MJ" drive reaaaaaaaally bothers me lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm not heartless and it's beautiful to see the outpouring of love, it's a very sweet sight to see every year. But...

Michael's message encourages us all to band together in order to spark true change in the world. When large groups of people mobilize, there's no limit to the things that can be accomplished. Every year, fans mobilize, but to do what?

Ok let's do the math. You got, more or less, 15,000 roses at $3 each: that's $45,000 just this year. If this is the average (hypothetically), over five years that's $225,000. That's a quarter of a million dollars all given by fans worldwide. We could be buying schools new textbooks or computers, setting up college funds for orphanages, a small water filtration system for some rural town, or a down payment on a new house for a low income family in need, or fund the building of a new homeless shelter etc. etc. etc. The possibilities go on and on.

Every year fans join together in great demonstration, in rememberance of Michael. What a squandered opportunity to carry forward Michael's most valuable message through action.

I'm not trying to sit here like I'm Mother Teresa and I'm completely selfless 24 hours a day lol. Have I paid for an item or service for my own personal gratification when I could've donated that money to Starlight Foundation or given it to a homeless woman? Of course, I'd be a shameless liar to say no. But that's not the point. It's not about starting a useless argument about who's "better" than who, or who "does the most". The point (and the root of my sadness) is that when we have a unique opportunity such as this every year, with so many lives and hearts moving en masse towards a central purpose, requiring MINIMAL financial sacrifice from the individual, we don't direct all of that towards a goal that would not only absolutely make Michael's spirit smile, that would be a testament to the real legacy that Michael entrusted to his fans, and would make real, life-changing differences for people in need. We direct it all towards flowers lol. It's just sad man. Seeing with your own eyes what powerful things we're capable of when we all join together, but then seeing what's actually done with that power... Every year, we could put a kid through medical school, but we buy roses instead.

Absolutely, positively NO "SHADE", "HATE", OR DISRESPECT is intended towards those that organized the One Rose For MJ event or any of its participants. I know that the sentiment behind it is heartfelt, and I'm not knocking that at all. Everyone is free to spend their money wherever and on whatever they choose, as long as you aren't harming anyone do what you want, it's no business of mine lol. I didn't post this to be negative, or divisive. That's NOT what I'm about, or what this post is about. Nor am I going to participate in the ridiculous popularity contests that seem to spring up in fan groups, not my thing. I'm simply urging all of us to stop and see what we can all really do together. A (hypothetical) donation drive for an organization only gets $1,500, maybe $5k if people really get into it, but a drive to get YOUR personally-purchased flower delivered to Michael's crypt gets $45,000!?!?!?! We'll do that for roses, but not for our fellow men?

:unsure: ::siiiiiiiiiigh::

:bow: :agree: :victory: :punk: :D Your confession was perfect and on point! Mike should have been given his flowers when he was ALIVE. He himself named numerous charities as a beneficiary to his estate, which says A LOT about where his heart remained: helping those less fortunate, those in need, those in crisis.

I can't afford to give big like Mike, but when I do give, I always make the donations (to various organizations/causes) in memory of him and my parents.

For years my mom always had this misconception that I want to be like Michael JUST BECAUSE I like my hair long and I prefer wearing red shirts.

Well, yeah, I love Michael...but I just really hate haircuts and I happen to love the color red!:rollin:

Another confession: The women I tend to be most attracted to all have thick eyebrows and curly hair. I am a hetero male, but I think the type of women I go for has something to do with my Michael Jackson fandom. Basically any woman that looks like either the Thriller cover or the Bad cover will have me singing Drake songs and offering to pay off her student loans. God help me if I run into a woman that was wearing shiny gold pants.:ph34r:

Oh my god you guys How could this be :cry:
:group::huggy::angel:praying: :love::cry:
:better:

Well, oddly, every guy (it was only two. Lol, good ol' small towns! :rofl: ) I had a crush on in high school had the last name Jackson and no, it wasn't because their last names were Jackson!:cheeky: It was just coincidence, lol.
michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-o.gif

When I learned that one of the artists I liked, wouldn't be coming to Hayward, CA I said F***, I was about 4 or 5 at the time.

I used to be scared of the Thriller and Ghosts music video, and I was scared of Dave Dave, until a few months ago.

Great idea!!
I was younger and I was in my room pretending that I was Michael's sister and I was yammering on and on about him, then I needed to come back to reality for a sec and asked my mom something, well when I went to say "mommy" I said "Michael" instead OMG I COULD HAVE DIED! I was sooo embarrassed!

Haha This reminds me of something that happened to me ...
One day (like so many other days) Michael was on my mind a lot.....I left my computer, not because I wanted to but because our Dog Milo needed to get out ...Grrrr
So I went out with him,but after a while he took his own route so I yelled at him and called him back : MICHAEL!!!

OMG I looked around and hoped no one ever noticed

Haha This reminds me of something that happened to me ...
One day (like so many other days) Michael was on my mind a lot.....I left my computer, not because I wanted to but because our Dog Milo needed to get out ...Grrrr
So I went out with him,but after a while he took his own route so I yelled at him and called him back : MICHAEL!!!

OMG I looked around and hoped no one ever noticed

:lol:

I'm so sorry, I shouldn't be laughing.... no, nevermind.

I think it was somewhere around 1988 ..I was not married yet but went for some window shopping with my future husband ...of course I loved to watch what was behind the windows ...you all know men don't really like this kind of stuff ...so as we walked I stopped all the time to watch ...then suddenly I walked through again and took my husbands hand and started to talk as we both walked through...then suddenly I felt his hand and I really didn't recognized all the hair growing on it.(Oh how I wish now I could have seen it myself) I looked up and saw I was walking hand in hand with another man...I just took someone else his hand :eek:hno:
The man looked down to me and smiled ...Of course I apologized, but he waved it goodbye and said he didn't mind ...I went off to see where my husband went ...he was on the end of the street watching me shaking his head in disbelief :no:

I think it was somewhere around 1988 ..I was not married yet but went for some window shopping with my future husband ...of course I loved to watch what was behind the windows ...you all know men don't really like this kind of stuff ...so as we walked I stopped all the time to watch ...then suddenly I walked through again and took my husbands hand and started to talk as we both walked through...then suddenly I felt his hand and I really didn't recognized all the hair growing on it.(Oh how I wish now I could have seen it myself) I looked up and saw I was walking hand in hand with another man...I just took someone else his hand :eek:hno:
The man looked down to me and smiled ...Of course I apologized, but he waved it goodbye and said he didn't mind ...I went off to see where my husband went ...he was on the end of the street watching me shaking his head in disbelief :no:

Oh my gosh :laugh: .........and the man carried on walking with you :blink: , lol oh Treasure that's a funny story :huggy:

Talk about being a STTR: I had an embarrassing music moment at work today! Luckily my department is off the beaten path and not accessible by customers, but it is for my coworkers. I was all in on Hip Hop, headphones on and grooving to the beat when I said "this is my SH*T" as my boss was walking in the door, LMAO! She just laughed and said, "get your groove on, girl!"

This is what I was listening to at that moment. . . :lmao: :blush: :doh:

Talk about being a STTR: I had an embarrassing music moment at work today! Luckily my department is off the beaten path and not accessible by customers, but it is for my coworkers. I was all in on Hip Hop, headphones on and grooving to the beat when I said "this is my SH*T" as my boss was walking in the door, LMAO! She just laughed and said, "get your groove on, girl!"

This is what I was listening to at that moment. . . :lmao: :blush: :doh:

:lol: Don't you love when that happens? I did something similar a few weeks ago...

I was sent out back to look for something- I don't even remember now what it was. I couldn't find the specific thing I was looking for, but I did find something similar and said to myself, out loud, "You're not what I want, but you will have to do. Yes you will, yes you will!" I thought I was alone, but then from the next room over I hear my friend/co-worker Ellie say, "Jenn, is that you?"

I must confess i have insomia and its driving me crazy!

I must confess... I am having a Boy Meets World marathon day. What a great show :)

Ah! Yes! I adore that show! Now I'm gonna go look for it, lol

I had a hard time finding good links. The ones I did find, from like gorillavid.in and the like, they all played ads in the background that I couldn't turn off. So I just downloaded them on BitTorrent. Got 3 seasons so far. I plan on watching 'em all.

I need a life, lol.

I hate, hate, hate roaches. I won't even kill them because I hate the mess they make. I usually yell for my husband while backing away slowly. My Dad says, "Would you rather have them crawling on you?" Well, of course not! My eternal dilemma. :sigh:

Last edited:
@Spyce: Idk if you have satellite or cable but the channel ABC Family has a mini-marathon in the afternoon on week days if you wanna catch it on TV! I conveniently caught it yesterday!

I hate, hate, hate roaches. I won't even kill them because I hate the mess they make. I usually yell for my husband while baking away slowly. My Dad says, "Would you rather have them crawling on you?" Well, of course not! My eternal dilemma. :sigh:

Lol, I'm the same way with spiders! My dad gives me the same reaction, too! :rofl:

Since everyone is admitting i will too.

Well i used to laugh to Michael with my friends, but just because they were too.
I didnt even know any of his songs back then
(yes nor Billie Jean,Bad)... nothing.I grew up in 00 so didnt know much about him at all besides media garbage) ,i just knew he was "pedophile,weird.. etc" as media descrybed him.
Back in 2003 they use to make jokes that when MJ die he was going to be 90% recycled and used to made LEGO dice (because plastixc surgery-ofcourse they dont have anything to do with plastic as meterial)so he can play with children forever. Ughhh.

It was few years later i discovered his songs., and then i became a fan.

Ofcourse im sory now for all those joke,but i was a kid and didnt know beter.

Last edited:
For years my mom always had this misconception that I want to be like Michael JUST BECAUSE I like my hair long and I prefer wearing red shirts.

Well, yeah, I love Michael...but I just really hate haircuts and I happen to love the color red!:rollin:

Another confession: The women I tend to be most attracted to all have thick eyebrows and curly hair. I am a hetero male, but I think the type of women I go for has something to do with my Michael Jackson fandom. Basically any woman that looks like either the Thriller cover or the Bad cover will have me singing Drake songs and offering to pay off her student loans. God help me if I run into a woman that was wearing shiny gold pants.:ph34r:

Lol.

I like red shirts since always ,way before i even knew who Mike is.

And i have long hair because short doesnt suits me at all.

Highly unlikey youll ever meet a girl in golden pants :D

P.S. i like girls with long blonde hair and blue eyes.

Last edited:
I confess... I only wear white socks :blush: The others stay tucked up in my closet!

I confess that, to pretend like I'm Michael Jackson, I wear over-sized aviators and sing, usually, Give Into Me or Can You Feel It. :imbad (I really love that emoticon! :wub: lol! ) :rofl:

Lol, I'm the same way with spiders! My dad gives me the same reaction, too! :rofl:

:bugeyed :doh: :fear: I'm severely arachnophobic, even crashed my CAR trying to get away from a spider! I was stationed in Okinawa at the time and driving to Camp Kinser when I turned on the ac, a spider blew out of the vent onto my face and I punched the gas (not paying attention to the road at all), LMAO!

I was in full fledged spider freak out mode :hysterical: I'm surprised I didn't kill myself. . .

Back