The effects UTube has on MJ

J5master

Proud Member
I dunno but i think MJ has gained a LOT of fans because of Youtube. I remember before it was hard to have so many MJ videos AT your disposal.

But now i keep hearing my non mj friends was like, "yeah i wasn't doing my homework cuz i was lookin at Michael Jackson videos all night" LOL I mean i was shocked when she said that. She said she was obsessed with Ghosts...and she liked the movie where "MJ turned himself into a lamborghini" :lol: meaning Moonwalker lol I mean i'm sure YouTube is doing sooo much for him...and it'll really come out when MJ brings on the new music i think.

What do you think? Do you think it'll possibly have some negative effects or is this a good thing?

I think Youtube has an enormous positive effect:yes:. It brings MJ's work to the attention of a lot of people who used to be fans but lost track of him over the years (myself included) and people who are perhaps too young to have experienced michaelmania. I'm sure it's brought him a lot of new fans.

I hadn't been an active fan in years when, a little over a year ago, I started watching MJ videos on Youtube and got completely hooked. I just fell in love with him all over again and it hasn't stopped since. So I'm living testament of the power of youtube. The great thing for the more seasoned fan is that one can find such lovely obscure items, like the Jacksons Variety show etc.

youtube has some of the most loyal and supportive fans, especially of Michael! they comment, rate your videos to get them to the top of the charts...just to get Michael out there, it has a wonderfully positive effect I believe, and especially with a new album around the corner, I think youtube will only hype everyone more, and when it drops i think people will go to youtube and he will be one of the most searched artists on there, and the videos...........will go through the roof!

Youtube has done the first step on introducing the digital generation to Michael Jackson. That is why youtube will be LARGE way of promotion for Mikes new stuff

I would have hardly know anything about Michael without youtube...i saw his music videos, documentries and interviews all on youtube.

So YES, it really HAS helped him alot! :D;)

Youtube has done the first step on introducing the digital generation to Michael Jackson. That is why youtube will be LARGE way of promotion for Mikes new stuff
Every time I see comments about You tube or the effect of digital file sharing whether video or mp3 I remember reading the Michael was one of the few in the industry that felt file sharing should not be made illegal.

It is the artists who create junk (and companies who sell it) that need to be afraid of file sharing and web downloads because people will recognize the junk and not go on to buy it. For Michael it will have just the opposite effect because of the quality of his performances.

^^^ hmm ur right.

Cuz i don't think, as far as file sharing goes, that people do it just to get free music all the time (well most people lol)...but people do it cuz people just want 'that one song' and not the others cuz they know the others aren't good and they're not gonna pay 20 dollas for an album they're not gonna like.

But if you got a quality artist like MJ, then that's a different story. I think people generally want to support quality artists.

^^^ hmm ur right.

Cuz i don't think, as far as file sharing goes, that people do it just to get free music all the time (well most people lol)...but people do it cuz people just want 'that one song' and not the others cuz they know the others aren't good and they're not gonna pay 20 dollas for an album they're not gonna like.

But if you got a quality artist like MJ, then that's a different story. I think people generally want to support quality artists.
I do want to support quality artists but equally I don't want to buy junk. The last couple of things I bought that weren't Michael's I wasn't even able to stand to play all the way through. I want to hear it before I buy it. You used to be able to do that at the Radio Doctors. The short clips they have on the record club sites aren't enoght to let you know if it is good or not.

I had the full download of Ghosts before I bought it and all that made me do was HAVE the have the original. You just can't play MIchael's stuff without wanting it in the highest quality available on something you can hug.

Last edited:
Youtube is fabulous! I've put LOTS of MJ Tracks on the back of my videos I've made and put on youtube, a few of them were older (J5) tracks but even with those, I had KIDS that are into "bubble gum" responding messages back asking me who sings that song, they really enjoyed it.. And when I tell them Michael Jackson they are shocked.

Last edited:
Youtube is fabulous! I've put LOTS of MJ Tracks on the back of my videos I've made and put on youtube, a few of them were older (J5) tracks but even with those, I had KIDS that are into "bubble gum" responding messages back asking me who sings that song, they really enjoyed it.. And when I tell them Michael Jackson they are shocked.
That is great. I love it.:lol:

I can't wait until he really shocks them full force.:p I am soooo looking forward to this.

A really good trick... Find what young people are into these days (music wise) and add them to the tags. That way people look up "Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, Chris Brown, Dylan Sprouse, Zac Efron, All those DISNEY people.." and they accidentally come across Michael Jackson

They might thank you one day lol

Youtube definitely has positive effects on Michael. Not only will it help make new fans but as yall have said already rekindle some of the old fans again. His talent is literally like an addiction, when you see it for the first time you keep wanting more and more and more!! When the new album comes out...oh yeah he'll be one of the top searched topics. My brother is on youtube a lot and he does occasionally watch the videos and short films and tell me about it. He's the one that actually made me a fan :D

ur right. after the trial i took a looooooooooong break from MJ. But some how i was watching utube videos of the old J5 variety shows and I'm back on it again!

For the teenagers that I talk to YouTube is where they find their entertainment. And alot of them say that when they are bored and they want something to do, they watch MJ on YouTube. They grew up hearing about Michael and his dance moves and they wanted to find out what the fuss is about. Now some of them are hooked.

Yeah youtube is great for Michael.

I doubt I would be a fan without it!

And I've often heard from friends that they saw some Michael stuff on youtube and how awesome it was.

So all hail to youtube:p

I watched my first MJ interview on youtube (LWMJ). Actually if it wasn't for youtube I don't think my interest in MJ would've transpired, to the extent that it has. Youtube has absolutely endless amounts of footage of MJ, and for a person who's new to MJ world, it's a great source. Through youtube I was also exposed to the fan community and MJ fan boards.

Another great thing happening on YouTube is a lot of closet fans are now coming out in support for Michael since the release of Loumo vogue and ebony and them finding out about MJ's 25th Anniversary Album and New album - before we fans were fighting the battle there alone and now everone is joining in to support MJ - of course there are still a few haters and trolls running loose but we will always have to contend with hateful people

I love the positive influence Youtube has had For Michael and I have made more friends there than anywhere - I also talk with some doubters and haters over the message sytem and have gained a lot of fans for MJ that way -

The fans are going all out there creating tributes and uploading interviews and award cerimonies - I find something new every day - that exites me .. we have an awesome supportive MJ community there .. I love it .

BigD is the one who inspired me to start making videos becuase his are so awesome - I just had to learn how to do it - Mine are not great like his - I try to touch peoples emotions with my videos more than them being great productions - as I dont have the talent or programs to do that .. all in all they are very well excepted and cause people to take a second look and get to know more about MJ.

Last edited:
YOUTUBE kicked off the next generation of the online community. People today want things bigger, faster, easier, cheaper.. There is not a faster, cheaper, or easier way to view all type of videos than YOUTUBE.

Used the right way, it could not only be a 'kick off' to the next generation, but it could be a revolutionizing thing.. U know before hand, people would have to go online at cyber cafe's ONLY.. NOW it is in majority of homes around the world.. When online use hit CYBER cafe's they thought of it as a kick off to a new generation.. NOW it's a revolution..

YOUTUBE could be a large part on taking online use to another level.

It has definitely had a positive effect. As a long time fan, it is definitely a great retentive tool especially during this six year wait period. Getting to see and hear the wider scope of his work has deepened my respect for his artistry.

Its great because it we can easily share MJ with our kids and their friends so its another way the next generation gets to know MJ. I see so many views on MJ's stuff!!

I have a question if anyone can answer this. How come some videos are sometimes plentifully available like Who Is It for instance; then suddenly can't find not a single one.

I happened to notice last week there were three or four Who Is Its ...yesterday there was only 1 and and right now there's 2...

...what's that about?:unsure:

..do people remove them and put them back?

Last edited:
Another great thing happening on
BigD is the one who inspired me to start making videos becuase his are so awesome - I just had to learn how to do it - Mine are not great like his - I try to touch peoples emotions with my videos more than them being great productions - as I dont have the talent or programs to do that .. all in all they are very well excepted and cause people to take a second look and get to know more about MJ.

thats very nice qbees, it makes me feel great I can inspire other MJ fans to create their own pieces! dont put yourself down, you are an inspiration to many fans on youtube!

you rally support for everyone, you are totally unselfish and a great supporter of Michael! he would be very proud of you ;)

Its great because it we can easily share MJ with our kids and their friends so its another way the next generation gets to know MJ. I see so many views on MJ's stuff!!

I have a question if anyone can answer this. How come some videos are sometimes plentifully available like Who Is It for instance; then suddenly can't find not a single one.

I happened to notice last week there were three or four Who Is Its ...yesterday there was only 1 and and right now there's 2...

...what's that about?:unsure:

..do people remove them and put them back?

It is usually becuase poeples accounts get deleted - for various reasons most being copyright issues - Sony owns those videos - now i will use clips from them but not upload copyrighted videos for fear of having my account deleted and having to start over - Ive had a few friends that has happened to its not fun - after putting so much work into our accounts there.

Last edited:
I agree with all of you! Youtube makes MJ available to lots more ppl, and we hardcore fans can get access to rare stuff that would otherwise take ages to find!

It is usually becuase poeples accounts get deleted - for various reasons most being copyright issues - Sony owns those videos - now i will use clips from them but not upload copyrighted videos for fear of having my account deleted and having to start over - Ive had a few friends that has happened to its not fun - after putting so much work into our accounts there.
But you know what's weird??

When the videos come back, they come back with the same comments and everything, as if they've never gone anywhere :unsure:

Back