The Estate Message To Fans Regarding Aaron and Latoya

The Carter story has died down now if the Estate had released a statement regaring Carter's claims it would have gone even further prompting Carter to back up his version of the events even more.

I dont think she means respond to the story now. Its just that they responded to Toyas story really quickly (like a day or two after the interview) but never said anything about that AC story for weeks. Right now its waaayyyy to late for a response, even ACs response was too late IMO

I dont think she means respond to the story now. Its just that they responded to Toyas story really quickly (like a day or two after the interview) but never said anything about that AC story for weeks. Right now its waaayyyy to late for a response, even ACs response was too late IMO
No, Latoya had been blabbing for over 1 week or even longer before the Estate issued a statement.

The Estate released their statement regarding Latoya on July 1st, whereas Latoya started accusing the Estate and Branca in Mid June while appearing on shows to promote her book, which was released during that time

Last edited:
No, Latoya had been blabbing for over 1 week or even longer before the Estate issued a statement.

Yea she was on a promo tour for her book... But from my understanding they were responing to her interview on GMA. N even so, they could respond to her accusations but not his.
--------------------------------------------
ETA: They responded to an interview she did on KTLA on July 1st. Their statement reads "
The Jackson Estate issued the following statement in response to La Toya Jackson's interview:

"The outrageous and obviously false statements made this morning by Latoya Jackson are further examples of her willingness to say anything involving her brother for attention or money. The truth is Michael appointed John Branca and John McClain as his Executors. Their success in generating unprecedented revenues for Michael's Estate coupled with their preserving, protecting and enhancing Michael Jackson's legacy speaks for itself."

N other interviews she has said that they shouldnt be the executors of the estate for X, Y and Z. This time she took it a little further and was sort implying that they had something to do with his death, so they said something.

Last edited:
I agree with them-LaToya is someone that always tried to make money on Michael's behalf...And Aaron should refute the story himself, it was the best way...

Guys in a way I'm glad we can come together and help get the truth out there, We are voice on getting his name vindicated

I hope the estate didn't fall for this mess. Aaron Carter is not a victim...he concocted this PR stunt.

And MJ fans should never let him forget it.

Ivy, was the estate told that we've been literally harassing him for a denial since June 15th BEFORE the story hit the press?

@Ginvid,

Not true that the estate were contacted a month ago. The story first came out June 15th. To my knowledge that estate was contacted when "cocaine" appeared in the story from Australia on June 29th. The estate's response to those that contacted them was " we do not want to fuel this by releasing a statement".

They held that position (i didn't agree with it then ) from the very beginning a week an a half ago (don't know where that 1 month time frame came about).

This letter is NOT a response to Aaron Carter...but a response to fans asking them why they chose to rebuke Latoya but not Carter.

So on that point, they've been very consistent.

You might be not aware of this but MANY from the beginning were (and are still) against the executors. That is a fact. Before Cascio..before Aaron Carter....Branca had been receiving death threats.

So, again I am not sure where you got the impression that everybody was in their corner UNTIL Cascio...People were campaigning to boycott the CD even before the playlist was made public.

Last edited:
Really you see this as MJ's doing? There is a huge difference when he is alive and able to speak for himself. He cannot speak now so they must for a multitude of
reasons. Smh

well the estate are now mj and speak for him.ie do what they think he would do and mj set a precedent for how he wanted to deal with things like this.so the estate in that sense are carrying on as mj did.

Ivy, was the estate told that we've been literally harassing him for a denial since June 15th BEFORE the story hit the press?

As far as I know no.

@Ginvid,

Not true that the estate were contacted a month ago. The story first came out June 15th. To my knowledge that estate was contacted when "cocaine" appeared in the story from Australia on June 29th. The estate's response to those that contacted them was " we do not want to fuel this by releasing a statement".

They held that position (i didn't agree with it then ) from the very beginning a week an a half ago (don't know where that 1 month time frame came about).

This letter is NOT a response to Aaron Carter...but a response to fans asking them why they chose to rebuke Latoya but not Carter.

I also think that "they didn't respond" isn't quite correct. When emailed they responded , just they didn't respond in a way that we liked or hoped. (I didn't agree with it either). Like Memefan said they responded saying they didn't want to give Aaron any more importance and make him any more relevant. A few hours later TMZ has published the denial story and I got that forwarded by the Estate Online team. With that denial I believe that the story was resolved for them.

Also I don't think that they rushed to comment on Latoya or even planned to comment to her. After reading the book I asked Estate Online team if Branca would comment on the alleged notes by Michael Latoya mentions in her book. The next day I got a polite refusal to my request.

I think later the situation changed as Latoya began making murder claims on national media and the media contacted the Estate - like they are supposed to do and then the Estate commented to one specific TV channel - did not release a general statement. This happened more than a week later of Latoya's book release .

You might be not aware of this but MANY from the beginning were (and are still) against the executors. That is a fact. Before Cascio..before Aaron Carter....Branca had been receiving death threats.

So, again I am not sure where you got the impression that everybody was in their corner UNTIL Cascio...People were campaigning to boycott the CD even before the playlist was made public.

This is also correct. Yes there have been unhappiness after Cascio songs and people became critical of the Estate after that but those were normal and rational fans showing their legit unhappiness. However the campaigns against executors were happening long before that. People has protested Branca from the time that the will became public. There have been campaigns to get the will contested, Branca investigated etc. Just the other day I have seen people quoting Latoya's book and her claims and promising to get Branca removed. There's a group of people that suggests complete boycott of any releases / projects by the Estate as they are the "murderers of Michael" as they say.

So there's a lot more to this than a rational fans unhappiness with the album.

I hope the estate didn't fall for this mess. Aaron Carter is not a victim...he concocted this PR stunt.

And MJ fans should never let him forget it.

@Ginvid,

I was on another forum and I am certain they said they were going to ask the estate about the article in Ok when it first came out what was going to be said. It may not have been a large number as many fans were themselves doubting the story's validity given Carter's past history with MJ. Regardless, they were aware of the story very early on. Assuming they did contact the estate, that was on or around the 15th of June, it is now July 8th when this letter came out. Almost a month as I said before. Also the response given was not a general announcement to the fan base as this letter was, it was given to a few fans who contacted them who in turn had to let other fans know what they said. Yet, many fans were still questioning whether or not the estate knew what was going on, etc. People were constantly asking this even after the we got their response via you. Their lack of concern oover the fans' concerns is what upsets me. They couldn't release anything similar to what they did here about why they didn't answer Carter they way they were willing to address the fanbase to protect their??? If releasing this statement to the fans did not feed the fire, communication to the fans then would not have fed the fire. I am not talking about a formal letter to the media, I am talking about a letter to the fans.

I already know what this letter is about. See my post above. I totally agree with you in this regard. As I said, if their answering LaToya and not Aaron had not been questioned, we still would not have it from their lips in a letter like this why they did not answer Aaron. So that is why it befuddles me why the fans are thanking them for sending this letter out as if they cared so much about the concerns of fans.

This is also correct. Yes there have been unhappiness after Cascio songs and people became critical of the Estate after that but those were normal and rational fans showing their legit unhappiness. However the campaigns against executors were happening long before that. People has protested Branca from the time that the will became public. There have been campaigns to get the will contested, Branca investigated etc. Just the other day I have seen people quoting Latoya's book and her claims and promising to get Branca removed. There's a group of people that suggests complete boycott of any releases / projects by the Estate as they are the "murderers of Michael" as they say.

I am not giving the impression that everyone was in their corner. If you look at the posts here for instance most fans were rooting for them. The fanbase was not united in the estate's corner but the fan base was overwhelmingly moreso in support of them than not. And as I said, they at least thought them a huge step up over the family. Most fans still think of them as a huge step up from the family, but events such as these is what is making their light dim in people's eyes moreso than what LaToya is saying.

The amount of people planning to boycott the album before Cascio-gate was not prominent. Most, not all, but most were excited about the new album and were looking forward to new songs by Michael Jackson. When the Cascio songs hit, it was like Thor's hammer hit right in the middle of MJ's fanbase. Any split between fans was magnified 10 fold because of the Cascio debate. Just look at what happened to many forums after that. It caused irrevocable damage. The fan base may have been split since June 25th, but many fans opted not to believe what was termed conspiracy theories.

In MJ's fanbase you always had extremes. Those threatening Branca and against him. You had those who from the start hated the executors, which was a minority. Then you had those who from the start loved them to death and thought they could do no wrong, this was a minority. The majority of the fans were the middle of the road fans who didn't have anything bad to say about the executors, who were cautious, but were generally in favor of them despite what TINI was saying. Despite what Karen was saying. And, despite what the family was saying. LaToya's interviews didn't change that. The Cascio and Carter events, for many did.

That was my point.

Last edited:
Seeing as carter denied the comments what else were the estate supposed to do? Cause as ivy said one the denial came that was the end of the story

Seeing as carter denied the comments what else were the estate supposed to do? Cause as ivy said one the denial came that was the end of the story

It took AC a good minute to deny the story. He could have and should have said something earlier. People feel that the estate should have made a statement earlier when the whole fiasco was going on but they didn't. No one wants a statesment now cause it's too late. Also many are wondering why is a statement about Toya claims more justifiable than making a statement about the AC story.

Unfortunately, that was not the end of the story. As I said, media outlets were still reporting the story without Aaron's rebuttal as late as July 6th.
I don't understand how people cannot not see the long term implications of this story. That is not being said in a facetious way. But I just cannot understand.

I also cannot understand why people cannot understand that putting out a letter to the fans informing them of their position on the matter as they did with this letter, is different to a formal letter to the media. Adressing us is not fanning any flames just as it is not by them releasing this letter.

I am not downing others' opinions. I just don't understand some facets of it.

Unfortunately, that was not the end of the story. As I said, media outlets were still reporting the story without Aaron's rebuttal as late as July 6th.
I don't understand how people cannot not see the long term implications of this story. That is not being said in a facetious way. But I just cannot understand.

I also cannot understand why people cannot understand that putting out a letter to the fans informing them of their position on the matter as they did with this letter, is different to a formal letter to the media. Adressing us is not fanning any flames just as it is not by them releasing this letter.

I am not downing others' opinions. I just don't understand some facets of it.

If the estate would have made statement while it was starting to spread, that rebuttal could have been said right along with the story (not on all news stations but at least some credible ones because I'm sure they have some connections in the media). N I think people don't understand.how they can denounce Toyas comments but not AC when 1) AC claims were made before hers 2) The AC story was much bigger and 3)Their reason for not addressing AC claims

It took AC a good minute to deny the story. He could have and should have said something earlier. People feel that the estate should have made a statement earlier when the whole fiasco was going on but they didn't. No one wants a statesment now cause it's too late. Also many are wondering why is a statement about Toya claims more justifiable than making a statement about the AC story.
not sure what the estate could have done before carter denied it.what if the estate had put a statement out attacking the story and carter and carter wanted to get back at the estate and continued to help push the story.that would have looked even worse.

Been here before many times over the years with diff trash been spread its nothing new yet this time lots of ppl are going off on one.like it never happened before.makes no difference just like all the other crap .more important issues to deal with.

And its already been stated why the estate commented on toya so everyone seems to be going around in circles.and fans are the only ones talking about it now

not sure what the estate could have done before carter denied it.what if the estate had put a statement out attacking the story and carter and carter wanted to get back at the estate and continued to help push the story.that would have looked even worse.

Been here before many times over the years with diff trash been spread its nothing new yet this time lots of ppl are going off on one.like it never happened before.makes no difference just like all the other crap .more important issues to deal with.

And its already been stated why the estate commented on toya so everyone seems to be going around in circles.and fans are the only ones talking about it now

Hey, Elusive! Actually, I think this is different because at-heart, it seems like another accusation of the WORST. Like he's implying, or SAYING, that he's a "child victim." That is far different from the various "drug addict" narratives. First there was Jordie, and then Gavin, and who else? NO ONE. Except Carter, saying that Michael behaved "inappropriately," with all that implies. Giving an underage child alcohol? Never happened, but Michael is not here to defend himself. "Standing at the foot of the bed," middle of the night? Never happened, but Michael is not here to say that it didn't. A defamation lawsuit can't happen (because Michael is gone). But that should not prevent the Estate from speaking in defense of him, in the strongest language, and in a timely way! This is not ONLY a tabloid, but grew legs and migrated to MANY mainstream news outlets, with never a word from anyone, to counter-act it. Not a word, except from FANS. That just does not seem RIGHT, on so many levels.

I hate to say it but I think that the executors might know that they have to tread lightly with how many and when they give responses directly to the fan communities about this and that. Because as with people in the past that have worked for Michael, it snowballs oftentimes to not just a few using their contacts appropriately and with respect to getting or not getting a response but to many getting into the "you should be or should not be doing this or that."

There are many people who don't go for that whether people like it or not. People can say what they want but they don't stop once they get a response from the Estate. Then, the demands or questions simply change or gets repeated because the response isn't what they want. I wonder if they felt as if they could communicate more often without a thousand different thoughts and demands on how to handle a situation (for which they are getting paid to do) come flooding their way then they might be more willing to do so.

And Elusive is right about the fact that Michael often did not respond to some of the nastiest things said about him; that was his choice and perhaps that is a factor in the Estate's decisions of what and when to answer to something. Maybe they do have to pause at times and ask "what would Michael have done or said in this instance". Nothing is wrong with that and they can only go by what they knew of him having worked closely with him for years and through many good and bad times.

Of course nothing is wrong with it as long as you acknowledge/think that Michael himself did know how to protect his own legacy and name despite believing that every despicable thing did not call for an immediate response and at time no response.

Last edited:

very true. From what it seems to me now it's only the fans talking about AC, trying to keep the rumor alive going in circles trying to get back at the estate. Some may be hesistant to admit this but many who're firing back the way they do, do so b/c deep down they've had an issue with the Estate the day it was created. Not saying EVERYONE is like this, but SOME are.
I remember the 00s decade just too well, basically every day there was a new nasty rumor about Michael, even post trial, as recent as in 08/early 09 people were pissed cuz Michael never responded. So whatever, AC claims grew legs I agree, and I was among the first to express my disappointment regarding the Estate's behavior, but in hindsight it was the better not to respond, and give AC any more importance than what he was getting.

Last edited:

I agree with you here. If the estate said something before Carter did, then when carter denied the story, people would say he only did so because the bad big Estate threatened him. It was best that he made that denial first so that the media cannot print that he was forced by the estate. Sure the denial came too late and he needed to say more, but I am hoping that all the harassment he is getting from fans will make him think twice about repeating this type of self-promotion. It is up to us now to spread that denial since the media, of course, will intentionally not be doing so.

The Aaron Carter story is dead in the water now, no one is talking about in the showbiz media stream anymore, which the denial did do. Sure it was late but better late than never. I'll still never give him the time of day still though.

in the case of AC the Estate is not Michael. they weren't there in the room or at the party so i think that is why they couldn't say anything. people who were at the party did speak up......well some of them. and the bed incident that we all know is made up, only Michael was there (IF AC actually slept in the same room) and he can't defend himself. this is how i see it but i could be wrong

I have taken my time, considered all the posts, and looked at the logic. I will now say that I AGREE with Ginvid. We must be capable of looking at "actions," and not just "reacting." We must be capable of forming "positions," and not just "opinions."

The estate combined TWO things into one letter to fans, and they seem backwards in terms of force of rhetoric. The Carter story, was NOT just in the tabloids (they said, "consider the source.") It was EVERYWHERE. My position is, that it DESERVED a timely response. MJJC staff are to be commended for the initiative for a letter. Only THEN, did change happen. We ARE a force to be reckoned with. The second thing was their response to LaToya, which was MUCH more forceful.

They wrote:

If someone severely misrepresents the facts surrounding Michael’s Estate and makes serious, reckless and false accusations that go unanswered, it demeans and maligns Michael’s memory and legacy, and may also potentially hurt the business of the Estate, thereby affecting the future earnings that benefit Michael’s beneficiaries.

Their intent seems to be to LINK an attack on the executors, to an attack on Michael. I.e., "maligning." LaToya's remarks may be unwise, but were in no way "maligning" Michael. They were "maligning" . . .John Branca, only. Her attack was NOT on Michael, but John Branca, only.

This is CLEARLY a PR attempt to convince Michael's fans that an attack on THEM, is an attack on Michael, when it is NOT. If Michael is attacked, so viciously, as Carter did, that may, indeed, affect product sales. An attack on John Branca is unlikely to do that. He's an ATTORNEY. The "buying public," fans or not, do not KNOW him!

What remains troubling is LaToya's statement, about the post-it note. There are two possibilities. She is LYING, and making it up out of whole-cloth, or she is NOT lying. She has little credibility. But, IS she lying? If, in fact, such a note exists, she must produce it (not likely). IF such a note exists, there is little or no chance that Michael would have selected an executor that he HATED. The truth is out there, somewhere. . . .

So, DO those "post-it-notes" exist? There was a tabloid article, early on (I forget which one, now, but I think it was the SAME one that published "death room" photos. Which turned out to be accurate, right down to the location of the BEADS.) It was also reported that there were post-it notes all over the place. WERE there? Did LaToya find them? She seems to have not ONE active brain-cell, and doesn't know what to do with that information. But, to me, it does raise some questions. . . Why would it NOT?

Last edited:
Their intent seems to be to LINK an attack on the executors, to an attack on Michael. I.e., "maligning." LaToya's remarks may be unwise, but were in no way "maligning" Michael. They were "maligning" . . .John Branca, only. Her attack was NOT on Michael, but John Branca, only.

This is CLEARLY a PR attempt to convince Michael's fans that an attack on THEM, is an attack on Michael, when it is NOT. If Michael is attacked, so viciously, as Carter did, that may, indeed, affect product sales. An attack on John Branca is unlikely to do that. He's an ATTORNEY. The "buying public," fans or not, do not KNOW him!

Thats all I was trying to say. It seems that if they are trying to say that Toyas story could hurt the estate sells more than ACs story... and thats simply NOT TRUE!!!!
I understand why they felt they should not have said anything though......

N I think we ALL know that no one cares about the AC story now. Most of us are talking about saying something while the story was making waves. Its useless to say something now.

If I might

Their intent seems to be to LINK an attack on the executors, to an attack on Michael. I.e., "maligning." LaToya's remarks may be unwise, but were in no way "maligning" Michael. They were "maligning" . . .John Branca, only. Her attack was NOT on Michael, but John Branca, only. This is CLEARLY a PR attempt to convince Michael's fans that an attack on THEM, is an attack on Michael, when it is NOT.

if you believe Michael's will to be real (or valid) and that he wanted Branca to run his estate, any statement saying the opposite (just as Latoya does) is an attack on Michael's wishes.

So, DO those "post-it-notes" exist? There was a tabloid article, early on (I forget which one, now, but I think it was the SAME one that published "death room" photos. Which turned out to be accurate, right down to the location of the BEADS.) It was also reported that there were post-it notes all over the place. WERE there? Did LaToya find them? She seems to have not ONE active brain-cell, and doesn't know what to do with that information. But, to me, it does raise some questions. . . Why would it NOT?

I posted that story on latoya's book thread. it said there were 20 notes and they were all positive and motivating and some reminder notes. There was no mention of "hate" notes until Latoya's book.

Thank you to the Estate for anwering fans but I really wish they did that earlier. Also, if Latoya is getting away with defamation, why doesn't the estate sue her? I would.

If I might
if you believe Michael's will to be real (or valid) and that he wanted Branca to run his estate, any statement saying the opposite (just as Latoya does) is an attack on Michael's wishes.

Yes, that is true. That is what it means. But, it does NOT "malign" Michael's products/sales, or reputation, in any way that the public would possibly know about.

I posted that story on latoya's book thread. it said there were 20 notes and they were all positive and motivating and some reminder notes. There was no mention of "hate" notes until Latoya's book.

The question remains (and probably will never be answered) IF a note of Michael's said that, then that is an entirely different situation, that deserves some attention. With that said, I highly doubt that LaToya has the brain-cells to understand the significance, and she will soon go away.

And that is for HER to prove, or to be very, very quiet.

For me, the issue remains, WHAT happened to Michael, and why. And NOBODY. . and I really mean. . NOBODY. . really knows the answer to that. I am open to any and all possibilities, and will apply my best logic, to the goal of justice for Michael. . .whatEVER it takes, and whoEVER it might piss off. There is a lot of conflicting information, and I retain an open mind, about all of it.

And yes, "carry on . . "

For me, the issue remains, WHAT happened to Michael, and why. And NOBODY. . and I really mean. . NOBODY. . really knows the answer to that. I am open to any and all possibilities, and will apply my best logic, to the goal of justice for Michael. . .whatEVER it takes, and whoEVER it might piss off. There is a lot of conflicting information, and I retain an open mind, about all of it.

And yes, "carry on . . "

:(

You're so right.

:(

You're so right.

THANK you.

I have no automatic allegiance to the family, to the executors, or to anybody. I have been "on the boards" since 2003. I've seen fans jumping on board with Raymone Bain. With Karen Faye, with Schaffel, et al, and with whoever is close to Michael at the time. I do not CARE about them. Not at all. I maintain a healthy skepticism. I am not "on board" automatically with the "Estate," either. Michael was a magnificent human being. The world's greatest entertainer. A great humanitarian. But, he had the FLAW, of trusting the wrong people. I continue to WATCH that.

THANK you.

;)

I have no automatic allegiance to the family, to the executors, or to anybody. I have been "on the boards" since 2003. I've seen fans jumping on board with Raymone Bain. With Karen Faye, with Schaffel, et al, and with whoever is close to Michael at the time. I do not CARE about them. Not at all. I maintain a healthy skepticism. I am not "on board" automatically with the "Estate," either. Michael was a magnificent human being. The world's greatest entertainer. A great humanitarian. But, he had the FLAW, of trusting the wrong people. I continue to WATCH that.

Again.... :agree: with you. It kills me when I think about it. :( *big sigh*

Back