The Estate Message To Fans Regarding Aaron and Latoya

billyworld99

Proud Member
The Estate of Michael Jackson Message to Fans - RE: Aaron Carter & Latoya Jackson
Fans have asked the Estate to elaborate on its decision to respond to some of LaToya Jackson’s comments as she promoted her new book, as well as its decision not to respond formally to a false and erroneous report out of Australia that allegedly quoted Aaron Carter as saying he and Michael used drugs together.

If someone severely misrepresents the facts surrounding Michael’s Estate and makes serious, reckless and false accusations that go unanswered, it demeans and maligns Michael’s memory and legacy, and may also potentially hurt the business of the Estate, thereby affecting the future earnings that benefit Michael’s beneficiaries.

When a tabloid report like the Aaron Carter story occurs, involving claims made by people who knew Michael during his life, the Estate always must ask the same questions: how credible is the source; can it be verified; and would issuing a public response only put an unwarranted spotlight on a questionable, negative story about Michael the Estate has no desire to publicize?

In this case, the Executors knew the account came from a marginal celebrity gossip site, and was conducted by a journalist with a long history of controversy involving Michael and his family. Furthermore, the Executors also knew Aaron Carter had previously denied the allegations to Peoplemagazine, something that was noted to any media who asked the Estate about the report. In the end, the Estate believes the story took care of itself: Aaron Carter’s decision to refute it himself was the best solution, in that it called the most attention possible to the credibility of this story. Any benefit from the Estate calling out irresponsible media reportage could then possibly be outweighed by the detriment of even more media spotlight on a bogus story.

As for LaToya Jackson, the Estate felt compelled to respond to irresponsible and untruthful statements that were defamatory, and which grossly misrepresented facts that are in the public court record. LaToya was going on many television shows, repeating some of the same bogus info, and the Estate felt it important to try and contain any additional/future damage beyond that which had already been done, and, sadly, which had already started to be repeated as fact by other media to promote their sites or sell their news reports.

It’s probably an impossible task to make decisions that everyone likes. Some will agree, some will disagree, but in the end, it is the ultimate responsibility of the Co-Executors to fulfill their obligations per Michael’s wishes by doing what they think best in each and every instance, to protect, preserve, and grow Michael’s legacy and memory for Michael and his fans, and to protect, preserve and grow the Estate for its beneficiaries.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/michael...te-message-to-fans-regarding-aaron-and-latoya

I'm glad they opt to communicate with fans, and it's good to know our concerns voiced to the Estate did not/do not fall on deaf ears. I want to thank the executors for taking their time to respond now, and in the past. They do have a point. The media frenzy over the Aaron Carter story has died down.

If they release a statement to the media now, the story would undoubtedly receive more press coverage and time. Timing is key, and to respond now would be useless and only fuel the fire as they say. However, if they had issued a succinct statement just before the media explosion, maybe it would have helped contain, rather than prolong the story.

. However, if they had issued a succinct statement just before the media explosion, maybe it would have helped contain, rather than prolong the story.

How do you expect them to respond without verifying the story first? it's a time consuming exercise especially when the story comes from people who supposedly had some contact with MJ during his life. Overall I think the Estate did the right thing.

But I wish in future, after verifying the story with the outcome that it is false, they would sue anybody including family members that deliberately tries to smear MJ memory through false comments and statements. The fact is the Elvis Presley Estate won't just issue statements to fans, they will actually go after the perpetrators. The MJ Estate should do the same.

Last edited:
How do you expect them to respond without verifying the story first? it's a time consuming exercise especially when the story comes from people who supposedly had some contact with MJ during his life.

Well they admit that Carter denied the story. Two weeks after the story, and press battering the denial was too little too late. They could have got in touch with him or his rep if they wanted at the very beginning. Anyhoo no point flogging a dead horse, what's done can't be undone. Let's move on?

Well they admit that Carter denied the story. They could have got in touch with him or his rep if they wanted.

yes. but before then they had noway of knowing whether the story was true or false. so they could not issue a statement immediately.

yes. but before then they had noway of knowing whether the story was true or false. so they could not issue a statement immediately.

^Exactly, which is why they could have got in touch with Carter when the story started to surface in the media for an explanation. I don't think that would have been too hard.

That is my opinion. I'm not criticizing the Estate. I think they've done a great job so far, and I'm grateful to them. Shudder to think what would have happened if managing Michael's assets became his family's responsibility.

But I wish in future, after verifying the story with the outcome that it is false, they would sue anybody including family members that deliberately tries to smear MJ memory through false comments and statements. The fact is the Elvis Presley Estate won't just issue statements to fans, they will actually go after the perpetrators. The MJ Estate should do the same.

false comments and statements about who? Michael or Estate?

the Estate always must ask the same questions: how credible is the source; can it be verified; and would issuing a public response only put an unwarranted spotlight on a questionable, negative story about Michael the Estate has no desire to publicize?

I Thank the Estate for caring enough to respond to the Fans of Michael knowing our concern and in this case I do agree with the decision not to bring any more attention or put a spotlight on this negative story. they could'nt do any better than Carters denial by making a statment and by doing so would have just brought more attention to all the Crap. We know Aaron made other incrimininating statements but its probably best not to shine ANY more attention in the media on that mess. He has already sealed his own fate in the MJ community for even speaking $$$$$ with that devil.

Last edited:
Where was this transparancy from the estate when the Cascio scandal hit?

Seriously, is it necessary to hijack each and every thread and turn it into a Cascio debate?! Why don't you people let bygones be bygones or discusss it in the appropiate thread?!

SMDH

Seriously, is it necessary to hijack each and every thread and turn it into a Cascio debate?! Why don't you people let bygones be bygones or discusss it in the appropiate thread?!

SMDH

I suppose you're right.

It's just hard to let go of such a blatant piss on Michael's grave from the estate.

billyworld99;3431980 said:
The Estate of Michael Jackson Message to Fans - RE: Aaron Carter & Latoya Jackson

It’s probably an impossible task to make decisions that everyone likes. Some will agree, some will disagree, but in the end, it is the ultimate responsibility of the Co-Executors to fulfill their obligations per Michael’s wishes by doing what they think best in each and every instance, to protect, preserve, and grow Michael’s legacy and memory for Michael and his fans, and to protect, preserve and grow the Estate for its beneficiaries.
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/michael...te-message-to-fans-regarding-aaron-and-latoya

Thank you to the Estate ....I absolutely agree.

The estate continue to do a good and professional job.

Thanks to the Estate for the response! They have done a great job so far and I'm sure they will continue to fight against everything that hurts Michael and the children! Congrats!!!

The fact is the Elvis Presley Estate won't just issue statements to fans, they will actually go after the perpetrators. The MJ Estate should do the same.

i don't agree, as i've been part of that fan base half of my life. IF EPE had a strong communication with us fans the Elvis Presley Estate would be in a better state. fact is we are what makes these estates go around and MJ Estate seams to understand that

Glad to see the estate communicating with the fanbase and been aware of how the community is feeling

They were transparent. They released a lengthy statement telling how they responded to such claims and what they did to determine the authenticity.

It's not their problem that you chose to ignore and / or not believe to what they say.

Both. such comments are clearly defamatory made with the sole purpose of causing damage or injury.

i understand but a lawsuit against those would be really hard to win.

Allegations about criminal acts (such as murder and fraud - examples we see here) are defamation per se - meaning that such allegations are seen so bad that the damages are assumed and do not need to be proven.

however if the person is a public figure (and executors of Michael Jackson estate will be public figures of a specific issue) they'll need to prove actual malice - in other words the person knowing (or should reasonably know) what they are saying is false and saying it regardless.

It's a high standard to achieve.

And they can't do anything about comments about Michael legally because he's dead.

so far the estate seams to be the only ones in the game (excluding us fans) that is looking after Michaels best intrest. La Toya is attacking the wrong people

It's great to see the Estate working with the fans and communicating with them. They need to work with us in order to keep Michael's legacy in tact.

Good to know the estate listens to us. I think they are doing a good job and I can understand their point of view about the Carter story.

Back