The Investigation Surrounding Conrad Murray Thread (ALL POSTS/ARTICLES on Charges, etc. GO HERE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dr. Conrad Murray to Avoid Murder Charge?

yeah, but I can't go to a hospital and ask the doctor for some outrageous medicine that I don't need. If they give it to me, then THEY are in trouble

true. agreed 110%. as i said, mj was only trying to sleep so it prob won't make a difference too much ; this whole thing is so bizarre and 2+2s not adding up

Nonetheless MJ did know & thats one piece of information here that bugs me so much about this....
This is an issue for me as well. He knew so why risk it. SOrry but I do not believe MJ tried everything for this sleep problem (he is not the only one with this problem); however, this doctor went along with it and gave MJ the drug and that makes it the doctor's fault. This doctor overlooked ethnics of the use of this drug.

terrel in sedation levels less than 0.02 % of people suffer any respiratory complications and less than 0.02 % need intubation or even a face mask , so why MJ would be worried about it ?

this is medical research I'm talking about

terrel in sedation levels less than 0.02 % of people suffer any respiratory complications and less than 0.02 % need intubation or even a face mask , so why MJ would be worried about it ?

this is medical research I'm talking about
He should have been worried because this was not done in the right setting. A HOSPITAL, not home. SO why risk it?

Michael Jackson was murdered in the 1st Degree.
I just wonder whether there was only one murderer;
or were there multiple murderers.

This is a very emotive subject for obvious reasons. I try and keep my emotions in check when it comes to this but its easier said than done. Do I want to scream when Murray comes on the TV, oh god yes. Its hard but whilst the investigation is still continuing I do not want to do anything to jepoardise it. I wants justice for Michael as much as anyone here but we just need to wait. This is all speculation at the moment and its speculation that is upsetting us. I just have to have faith that the LAPD will do a thorough investigation and will charge Murray on the right charges.

May be a stupid question / idea but I wish there was a petition that we all could sign & send to the LAPD about this - maybe a petition to change the charges from manslaughter to murder ... ??

May be a stupid question / idea but I wish there was a petition that we all could sign & send to the LAPD about this - maybe a petition to change the charges from manslaughter to murder ... ??

I saw a petition on Facebook about putting pressure on the LAPD but that's all I have seen. In the end of the day we cant force them to charge someone with something we want them to be charged with. We just have to have faith that they will. I'd rather Murray be convicted for Manslaughter than be charged with second degree murder and then walk free in court. Trouble is its hard to prove second degree murder. I just wish they'd hurry up.

GJ's dont convict anyone they replace a premliminary hearing. frankly i dont see how they are even allowed. totally unfair

My understanding is that you can either :

1) Charge someone with crime a, b and c, then you go to a preliminary hearing. The case then either gets dropped if there isn't sufficient evidence to take it to trial, or it then goes to trial as per normal

2) A person is indicted via a Grand Jury, so they are essentially again charged with crime a, b and c, but as elusive said, you don't have a preliminary hearing, you just go straight to trial. So it basiccaly garantees you a trial. Grand Juries are held in secret and people only find out about them, once the charges are made. They're totally unfair IMO, the prosecution present all their evidence to a jury, without any defence and then the jury decide if the charges should be made. (BTW for those that don't know this is what happened to Michael during his trial. Well he was initially charged via option 1 as above, but then they indicted him via a Grand Jury too, WTF? Well obviously this was for two reasons - a garanteed trial and to change the dates of the charges in addition to the actual charges themselves - and they thought we wouldn't notice LOL!)

If anyone knows any more please do correct me :)

all we can say is to have faith, believe & if nothing goes the way that is deserved, then we have to still, stay positive & think about - something- positive from all this. i know michaels in a better place & probably not so much 'happier' but - we all just have to wait & stay positive & open-minded.

Last edited:

My understanding is that you can either :

1) Charge someone with crime a, b and c, then you go to a preliminary hearing. The case then either gets dropped if there isn't sufficient evidence to take it to trial, or it then goes to trial as per normal

2) A person is indicted via a Grand Jury, so they are essentially again charged with crime a, b and c, but as elusive said, you don't have a preliminary hearing, you just go straight to trial. So it basiccaly garantees you a trial. Grand Juries are held in secret and people only find out about them, once the charges are made. They're totally unfair IMO, the prosecution present all their evidence to a jury, without any defence and then the jury decide if the charges should be made. (BTW for those that don't know this is what happened to Michael during his trial. Well he was initially charged via option 1 as above, but then they indicted him via a Grand Jury too, WTF? Well obviously this was for two reasons - a garanteed trial and to change the dates of the charges in addition to the actual charges themselves - and they thought we wouldn't notice LOL!)

If anyone knows any more please do correct me :)

yeap pretty much spot on there imo .

He should have been worried because this was not done in the right setting. A HOSPITAL, not home. SO why risk it?

i dunno. its hard u dont want to blame mj its just upsetting and frustrating.if u were gonna use that id at least be asking and making sure he had resusitation equipment at hand. but if mj had used it over so many years and there had never been a prob and was told by some it was ok then knowing mj as we do, hes sees the best in ppl and thought why would the doc lie. *sigh* end of the day murray cared more about the $ than his paitent

I've never seen someone obviously cause someone's death and be allowed to just go about their biz. wtf! I understand the police taking a long time to investigate this because they don't want to mess it up. But he's practicing medicine? :scratch::doh:

let's just put it this way. Murray is under suspicion. if the person that died, were anybody that the media liked..and i mean, the media, alone, liked(weather or not others love the deceased), Murray would not be practicing right now.

he'd be sat in a cell let alone practicing

It does'nt matter what MJ knew ('cause God knows I've been asking myself why Michael would allow people to inject this thing into him, but we all know that MJ at times could be easily swayed to do things). If going by reports that this drug was being used on him by different doctors over the years to treat his insomnia, he was made to feel that using this drug was okay, he even said so to Nurse Leeand nothing had happened in the past so why not?(he may have thought) The doctor who decides to use this drug is the one ULTIMATELY at fault, he is the doctor, he should know better!

So even if the Defence wants to use this arguement, it is moot as Dr. Murray is the one who should've known better! There was not even all the other backup medical equipment required in that bedroom, how are they gonna explain that???? Dr. murray gave michael a hell of a lot more than he's attesting to. He murdered him, period!

THIS WHOLE INCIDENT SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED!!!

the whole fact that MJ knew the dangers- is irrelevent. It could go either way. Its irrelevent because 1. he wanted to sleep not die. 2. he could pay a dr. 5.5 million dollars, the dr. is still at fault, not michael. 3. he didn't know he was gonna die for god's sake. its a highly compromisable piece of information that really is irrelevent.

MJs not a dr for crying out loud and furthermore, any 10 year old knows to peform CPR the person has to be laid on a flat surface ; we would've thought any dr. would know to do the same.

I say we exile him out of the U.S. at least.

i dont want to even think of that, that would be depressing, i HATE Murray, but i also hate the ones who did not care about Michael (not his children, of course, they are only children)

Murray is so LOW, he is the main responsible of Michaels death, he is the main one(there are others of course)

death penalty but thats not gonna happen.

Death penalty for non-malice murder? No way.

The government has their choice here between murder 2, felony murder, and manslaughter. From the beginning, I figured they'd use their discretion and pick manslaughter. Both Michael and this idiot doctor put Michael Jackson in a reckless position, so I figured they'd assign some of the blame to Michael and give the lowest charge to Murray.

Murray also doesn't strike me as a guy that wanted to kill Michael, he strikes me as a guy not qualified to be doing what he was doing, messed up big time, and then freaked out and tried to figure a way out of the mess after he created it.

I think manslaughter is the right call, and I think he'll rightly be convicted.

Last edited:

i dont even wanna read about this possibility.... im out of here

I don't believe in the tabloid/blog trash..But if this is true, I honestly dunno what to think.

I don't believe Murray intended to kill Michael. I believe he made a horrible, stupid mistake and was VERY careless. Should he be punished? Well, yeah. It may have been an accident, but it could have been easily avoided if he wasen't so careless.

so whats the motivation though? Think about it 1. MJ was going to be getting alot of $$ from this upcoming tour.... if this was premediated and lets just say for the sake of argument it is- would money be a motivation to kill MJ? Or am I just wrong on this???

death penalty but thats not gonna happen.
i wouldnt go that far. id rather he suffer in prison than get the easy way out

murder 2 by gross disregard for human life covers murray then add on on the charges for covering things up lieing to police etc

I said this a long time ago and I will say this again. Murray will try to make himself a matyr figure. He is going to play on those who liked MJ and those who didn't. For those who did not like him, he will say that MJ was almost out of control and needed more help than he could give, but he is also going to flip it and say he could understand this because MJ was in so pain, he was miserable without sleep, etc. He is going to paint a pitiful picture and then he is going to act as if he was compelled to help MJ because at the end of the day, who wouldn't want to help their fellow man. He will ask, all of you, ask yourself, if a friend was suffering wouldn't you try to help. I can see the fake tears and sympathy he will conjure as he says this horrible, horrible mistake was something he couldn't fathom. He was victim of circumstance.

And people who dislike MJ will say yup, MJ was out of control. Tragic but out of control. And people who like MJ (And it will be just liking him. Hardcore fans will not be on the jury) will say yeah we have seen in the news how much MJ suffered (see them bringing in evidence of MJs medical problems to prove this) his friends and family said he had this and this. and Murray was such a friend to do this. And it was an accident. they will start to feel empathy for him.

Folks, this is sad, but I would not doubt it one bit. I was on my schools debate team and nothing works better than playing on people's emotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back